Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 11F  (Read 277176 times)

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 11F
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2013, 08:37:49 PM »
You can always abbreviate it to "O.H." or something.

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
  • I feed on your tears...
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2013, 08:41:16 PM »
New translation thread

To make it more organized, anything related to translations should be directed to this thread.
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

Now working with Touhou-Online in French

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2013, 09:29:14 PM »
Is there some key I can use to assign level up points quickly? I'm used to resetting all characters before and after boss fights, and it looks like the levle-up point assignments will get very press-y after a while.

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2013, 09:41:08 PM »
Is there some key I can use to assign level up points quickly? I'm used to resetting all characters before and after boss fights, and it looks like the levle-up point assignments will get very press-y after a while.

Other than holding down the arrow key, nope.

Got lucky as all hell on Komachi with my Synergy playthrough. So far, I'm only using Keine, Marisa, Rumia and Cirno. I opened with Master Spark (mostly just to see how much damage it did, wasn't expecting to win) and pelted her with some Moonlight Rays and slowed her with Icicle Fall. She deathed Keine and Cirno like it was nothing, but the miracle happened after. She looked like she was at half, so I was expecting a Narrow Confines, deathing Marisa and dropping Rumia with damage. She was just above half (like literally, maybe 10 HP above it, tops) and used a cold mist or whatever instead. Two Moonlight Rays and a Magic Missile later and I won. Without her using Narrow Confines at all.

Rumia is freaking strong. I knew she was, but the degree of it is staggering. And Rumia's Youkai's Accomplishment skill is a lot better then I thought it was. It's the more damage to humans one. Well, all the character bosses are considered Human, except Yukari (Youkai), Yuyuko (Ghost) and Eiki (Why the hell is she a Plant?!)
I finally got my first Normal 1cc. ReimuA, TD.
I have a noob stream now. Mostly Touhou, fangames, Warframe and League of Legends.
Currently playing: Nothing until ESO is out.

« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2013, 09:49:41 PM »
Rumia is freaking strong. I knew she was, but the degree of it is staggering.

I used her all game for a reason. Glad you noticed.

And Rumia's Youkai's Accomplishment skill is a lot better then I thought it was. It's the more damage to humans one. Well, all the character bosses are considered Human

Good to know! I had no idea. Wish I took it.

Eiki (Why the hell is she a Plant?!)

Sweet mother of taxonomy what is this.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2013, 10:14:27 PM »
Rumia is freaking strong. I knew she was, but the degree of it is staggering. And Rumia's Youkai's Accomplishment skill is a lot better then I thought it was. It's the more damage to humans one. Well, all the character bosses are considered Human, except Yukari (Youkai), Yuyuko (Ghost) and Eiki (Why the hell is she a Plant?!)

I decided to check my Bestiary on that, and wow. The only Touhou characters, or summoned minion of, that don't have Human(人間) race are the following:
Spoiler:
Yuuka(Youkai-Plant), Ran(Youkai and something), The minions Ran summons(Youkai-Ghost) Sikieiki(Plant), Yuyuko(Ghost), and Yukari(Youkai).
EVERY Touhou character not in that spoiler has Human as at least 1 of their races.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 10:18:44 PM by MysTeariousYukari »

« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2013, 10:30:52 PM »
I'm assuming that the event on floor 13 (lower right hand side) is the
Spoiler:
Cirno event to get Yuuka.
HOW MANY BATTLE POINTS DO YOU NEED? GAWD THIS TAKES FOREVER

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2013, 10:44:26 PM »
Eiki (Why the hell is she a Plant?!)

Honestly...

Couldn't they labelled her as "Strange" type? She's not from Gensokyo, and she's outside the normal lines in terms of type(Not human, youkai, or god), so she's unusual, and therefore, "Strange". (Plus, it would be seriously funny if Rinnosuke was the one who could hurt her better with such a skill...)

Rumia is freaking strong. I knew she was, but the degree of it is staggering. And Rumia's Youkai's Accomplishment skill is a lot better then I thought it was.

This. This is why people should pump up her magic like a madman, and blast all of those pesky enemies to dust.

And honestly, putting  Youkai's Accomplishment from Rumia and Magic Training(a skill that increases Mystic damage output) from Marisa on the same team is a serious recipe for a boss killing combo.
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2013, 11:24:31 PM »
I'm assuming that the event on floor 13 (lower right hand side) is the
Spoiler:
Cirno event to get Yuuka.
HOW MANY BATTLE POINTS DO YOU NEED? GAWD THIS TAKES FOREVER
Don't forget you also need Minoriko BP.

Finally got Wriggle, so there's my fifth person. The giant bee bosses are also considered human, for some odd reason. I also skipped needing to fight
Spoiler:
Mokou
to hit the switch; if you go up there without recruiting Wriggle, the boss just isn't there. I still have to go up there and get her, for Keine. And to have someone tank-ish...even though Keine is surprisingly bulky and tanky for a support mage.
I have no idea how I'm going to pull this one off without just coming back later super leveled and with more people. It took me a hour to beat her the first time through with a full party of characters.

E: If you didn't get the Reisen event on 3F,
Spoiler:
Mokou
won't appear, just for the record. Even if you have Wriggle and defeated Kaguya.
E2: Wow I almost got her. But her
Spoiler:
Fujiwara Volcano
wiped my party. So close.
E3: Holy crap, frick damn. Rumia dodge Volcano. Win. Can't speak/type right. Ahhhhhhhhh!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 11:58:38 PM by ViciousYukkuri »
I have a noob stream now. Mostly Touhou, fangames, Warframe and League of Legends.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2013, 12:30:57 AM »
Any tips on what to do with those Training Manuals/Gems/Tomes of Enlightenment? I'm terrible at managing those kind of stuff.

« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2013, 01:57:49 AM »
I finished all the events for
Spoiler:
Yuuko
including the one on the 13th floor with
Spoiler:
Cirno and Minoriko
, but I'm still getting a message with
Spoiler:
Youmuu
that I can't pass... do I need battle points with her too?

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2013, 01:59:36 AM »
Any tips on what to do with those Training Manuals/Gems/Tomes of Enlightenment? I'm terrible at managing those kind of stuff.
The Limit 10 Gems, like HP and such, raise that Base stat for that character, which also means higher growth for it I think. There is also a Skill Point gem, no limit per character, 1 point per gem... Actually, Training Manual might be the +1 Skill Point item. Tomes unlock Boost skills on most characters, and High Boost forms on Rinnosuke. They can only be used on characters that don't already have the matching Boost skill. If you teach Rinnosuke the Evasion High Boost and max it, he will have 102(!!) Evasion minimum, meaning 20 points per level o__o

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2013, 02:21:13 AM »
I know what those items do. I'm more looking for some guidelines on how (or who) to use them (on), because if it's completely up to me I would've let them rot in my inventory until doomsday (or until the last character joins at least).

One basic question: Should I spread them as much as possible? Or should I concentrate on one (or a few) character(s) as much as possible?

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
  • I feed on your tears...
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2013, 02:28:07 AM »
I know what those items do. I'm more looking for some guidelines on how (or who) to use them (on), because if it's completely up to me I would've let them rot in my inventory until doomsday (or until the last character joins at least).

One basic question: Should I spread them as much as possible? Or should I concentrate on one (or a few) character(s) as much as possible?

What I prefer to do on my playthrough was to just max out certain characters that I know would benefit a lot from those gems, and that I knew I would use constantly (ex: boosting Marisa's MAG, Kasen/Youmu/Aya's ATK, Komachi's HP, etc.). The training manual I just used when I felt like I needed more skills and I didn't want to go overlevel, so those were used sparcely. And if you ever decide to change your line-up, you can always use the tome of reincarnation, it also returns you all the tomes, gems and manuals on that character, so you have quite a margin to play with when you get new characters.
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

Now working with Touhou-Online in French

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2013, 03:11:31 AM »
I just saved over my Synergy play-through...

God dammit.

CloverNaght

• Gotta hide in teh box..
  • FOEs r scareh
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2013, 04:17:41 AM »
Actually better to pump any character that excels at sweeping random mobs first until to the point that character outruns everything and oneshot, so you can easily grind to your heart content in case you underleveled.
Any character who you use for buffing only / sacrifice only needs few investment in anything you want but still needs proper Speed pump
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 10:55:01 AM by AkurouNyan~ »
Behold the power of love instagibbing, ze!!~

« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2013, 09:00:38 AM »
Uh hm... I got a question where and how do I know that I got Leaves of the Great Tree? I'm stuck on that quest to get Minoriko.
They are the first item on the 4th page of the material item list, you can check the number there.
You get them from mobs on F2 and there is a chest on F3 with 2 of them inside.

« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2013, 10:00:10 AM »
I just saved over my Synergy play-through...

God dammit.

...Ow. My condolences.

« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2013, 03:24:37 PM »
Do Rinnosuke's "Gensoukyo's Item Shop Owner" and "Eagle-eyed Shop Owner's Saga"
skills even work when he is not in the party?

« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2013, 03:40:30 PM »
Do Rinnosuke's "Gensoukyo's Item Shop Owner" and "Eagle-eyed Shop Owner's Saga"
skills even work when he is not in the party?

No. He needs to be present, though not necessarily on the front line. Likewise for Komachi's money skill and Keine's experience one.

« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2013, 03:58:33 PM »
No. He needs to be present, though not necessarily on the front line. Likewise for Komachi's money skill and Keine's experience one.
Thanks. The wiki only said this about Keine's experience skill, but not about Rinnosuke.

« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2013, 04:10:12 PM »
It would be nice if someone could tell me:
1) how to get past the rocks on F12,
2) how to get past Yukari on F16, and
3) where can I get on F21

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2013, 06:14:47 PM »
It would be nice if someone could tell me:
1) how to get past the rocks on F12,
2) how to get past Yukari on F16, and
3) where can I get on F21

1) If you mean the one that leads to Flandre, you need 60 achievements.
2) I do think that you mean 15F, but otherwise, try using the strategy from here: http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Labyrinth_of_Touhou_2/Dungeons/15F
3) You can't. It's not ready yet, as far as I know.
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2013, 06:49:44 PM »
No, I think he actually means that event of the 16th floor. You can't pass that one, at present.

« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2013, 06:53:12 PM »
1) If you mean the one that leads to Flandre, you need 60 achievements.
2) I do think that you mean 15F, but otherwise, try using the strategy from here: http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Labyrinth_of_Touhou_2/Dungeons/15F
3) You can't. It's not ready yet, as far as I know.

1) I meant the stones on the left and right of the stairs to F13 if you enter F12 from the south-center relay point after the stone that requires Suwako and Kanako according to the translation. The translation says something about three treasures. I don't know if it has something to do with the Lv. 124 FOE on F16 and if that's the case where to find the others. Else it would be great to know, where you can get the requested items supposed that is what's needed.
2) There is a Yukari event on 16F, where she blocks the way of a dead-end-path in middle-north of the map (first teleporter left, then on the upper part of the ring). I have no idea how to get past her.
3) If that's the case i wonder where the information about the names of the stages comes from. The wiki says something about a special door on F12 followed by strenghthen bosses or so. I don't know if its that door that would lead to F21 or not.

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2013, 07:38:54 PM »
Started exploring 5F some this morning.  Ended up finding the same F.O.E I had fought on 4F.  The fight didn't go quite as well as the first one, but I still managed to take it out on my first try.

Also found what I'm presuming is the main boss of this floor & a waypoint next to it.

Found two stairways back to 4F.  Don't remember what I found at the end of one, but the other had
Spoiler:
Satori
.  Looks like she wants me to go find a couple of her friends on 5F & 6F.

Ended up taking a quick detour to go pick up
Spoiler:
Mystia
before finding a new 5F boss and
Spoiler:
Rin
.  This boss actually took me two tries (Only this one and the 3F F.O.E have given me an actual game over so far this playthrough).  Super duper fast, shock status spammage, a nasty focus move, the works.

I do like how the killing blow was all thanks to
Spoiler:
Komachi's counters which were doing maybe 200-300 damage tops

Party levels around lv18 or so.  Still have plenty to do on 5F before tackling the main boss of this floor.

Only one real question...the wiki states that
Spoiler:
Nazrin
can be found on 4F.  I've pretty much explored that entire floor and haven't found her.  Any tips on finding her would be nice (Unless by some chance I have to find yet another staircase on 5F going down to 4F).
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Sahgren

« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2013, 07:55:00 PM »
1) I meant the stones on the left and right of the stairs to F13 if you enter F12 from the south-center relay point after the stone that requires Suwako and Kanako according to the translation. The translation says something about three treasures. I don't know if it has something to do with the Lv. 124 FOE on F16 and if that's the case where to find the others. Else it would be great to know, where you can get the requested items supposed that is what's needed.
2) There is a Yukari event on 16F, where she blocks the way of a dead-end-path in middle-north of the map (first teleporter left, then on the upper part of the ring). I have no idea how to get past her.
3) If that's the case i wonder where the information about the names of the stages comes from. The wiki says something about a special door on F12 followed by strenghthen bosses or so. I don't know if its that door that would lead to F21 or not.

I don't believe that you can do any of that yet. Or if you can, I haven't heard of how.

Only one real question...the wiki states that
Spoiler:
Nazrin
can be found on 4F.  I've pretty much explored that entire floor and haven't found her.  Any tips on finding her would be nice (Unless by some chance I have to find yet another staircase on 5F going down to 4F).

Try exploring around 5F some more. I remember getting her there. Tell us if you find her, we might need to correct the wiki.

Also, the Japanese wiki mentions something about 3 scrap iron events that you have to find before she appears. Make certain that you've visited every red exclamation point.

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2013, 08:08:56 PM »
On what I believe is the 2nd page of my special items list, I have three items at the beginning of it ending with a 1, 2, and 3.  Can't select them to use at all so I can only assume those are the scrap iron items.  If that's the case, just a matter of exploring 5F some more and hopefully finding her.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2013, 08:59:46 PM »
I can't seem to find Mokou on 4F. I've already beaten Kaguya and recruited Wriggle, but she hasn't shown up yet. Is there anything else I have to do to make her appear?

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2013, 09:36:00 PM »
I can't seem to find Mokou on 4F. I've already beaten Kaguya and recruited Wriggle, but she hasn't shown up yet. Is there anything else I have to do to make her appear?

Have you talked to Eirin on 2F?