Author Topic: Looking for good TH doujin game or a good circle  (Read 7116 times)

Looking for good TH doujin game or a good circle
« on: December 16, 2013, 05:53:07 PM »
Hi everybody,

it is always difficult to find any "good" th doujin games, so it's often just more or less just getting random games.
Though there are some circles who makes a lot of th doujin games, or even exclusively th games.
So I always tend to get games from these circles.
For now I have the following circles on my list:

Strawberry Bose - Love their games
Desunoya - Love their puzzle games, though sometimes difficult
UTG Software - Having a lot of different genre, but some of my favorite games
Aqua Style - Only having these "Mystery Dungeon"-like games. Not a big fan of it, though their games are really high quality. Just don't like the fact of random dungeons and when you die once you start from 0 again.

Can anyone tell me other greater circles who have made many th doujin games?
Or any specific good game.
I'm basically open to every genre except for random-dungeon games (like dungeon crawlers,...), SRPGs or games where you simply play stage for stage (like JnRs).

Hoping for answers
Please donate, so I can make more of NoR-Wiki or other stuff.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=R5D8A2CTMEWMJ Click here to donate (USD)
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=A3498RT3XLXL8 Click here to donate (EUR)
Thanks people.

Koog

• I live to protect those dear to me,
  • as a good friend would.
Re: Looking for good TH doujin game or a good circle
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 06:58:02 PM »
If you're looking for 3D Games, I recommend AREA-ZERO, I love their 3D GAMES! They've created Touhou Sky Arena and Touhou Sky Fight.
Here's their website:
area-zero.net
Mwahahahahha!

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 08:09:24 PM »
Frontier Aja is a good circle too.  Koumajou Densetsu I & II are some of my favorites.

Sahgren

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2013, 09:03:49 PM »
LION HEART has put out some fairly good side scrollers. Mystical Chain and Tenjou no Tempest both stand out for fast-paced action.

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2013, 10:23:07 PM »
Also try Gatling Cat. Their Katsugeki Kidan series is pretty good. Play as Momiji, Platformer/Beat 'em up.
I finally got my first Normal 1cc. ReimuA, TD.
I have a noob stream now. Mostly Touhou, fangames, Warframe and League of Legends.
Currently playing: Nothing until ESO is out.

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2013, 10:42:39 PM »
No fangame collection is complete without Phantasmagoria Trues and Magical Singular Day.

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2013, 02:50:42 AM »
No one played Nightmare of Sleeping Girls by Kamo? Quite a neat tactical marathon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29QY312PpzY

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
  • Profile Loading... Please Wait Warmly.
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2013, 10:57:45 AM »
Now all we need is a more updated list on these games. I haven't seen a list that is quite up to date on fan games.

I've played this RPG game Mugen Nise Sato by Snow Gale. It's got a Valkyrie Profile gameplay.

I noticed you didn't include Tasogare Frontier. Even if they're not doing the fighting games with SA, they do make fun Touhou games, Super Marisa Land, Patchcon, that Satori puzzle game, and DynaMarisa 3D

There's also Blue Mica (made a Remilia Platformer game and a Splinter Cell game Code R - which is 3D)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 11:04:29 AM by Darth_Sirov »

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2013, 02:21:08 PM »
So, let's see:

If you're looking for 3D Games, I recommend AREA-ZERO, I love their 3D GAMES! They've created Touhou Sky Arena and Touhou Sky Fight.
Well, I have Sky Arena and also some other 3D games.
The thing is that I'm using a notebook, and it doesn't always work good, FPS-wise. (Though Sky Arena is working quite good/fast, if I remember correctly)
Frontier Aja is a good circle too.  Koumajou Densetsu I & II are some of my favorites.
Yeah, I already played those, but I dunno any other TH games beside these two.
Also I only played them because they were Castlevania-Style, since I usually don't like these stage by stage games, as I already mentioned.
LION HEART has put out some fairly good side scrollers. Mystical Chain and Tenjou no Tempest both stand out for fast-paced action.
Yes, LionHeart does have some good games.
I have both Mystical Chain and Tenjou no Tempest.
The first one was really fun, but at some point it were just to monotone (stage by stage).
Only the bosses were interesting.
Tenjou no Tempest, I still don't know if you can save or not.
Read in another thread that you can choose the stages, so I tried to quit after stage 1, but if I restart the game I also need to start at stage 1 again.
Also try Gatling Cat. Their Katsugeki Kidan series is pretty good. Play as Momiji, Platformer/Beat 'em up.
OMG, of course, totally forgot to mentioned Gatling Cat, there is still some Katsugeki Kidan to play for me (I probably quit cos I needed to lvl-up),
and I also never played any other games which is not in the Katsugeki Kidan series, well maybe I will look into it.
I noticed you didn't include Tasogare Frontier. Even if they're not doing the fighting games with SA, they do make fun Touhou games, Super Marisa Land, Patchcon, that Satori puzzle game, and DynaMarisa 3D
Well, they really do some random genre, I liked Patchcon and also the Satori puzzle game (wait, was that from Tasofro?)
There's also Blue Mica (made a Remilia Platformer game and a Splinter Cell game Code R - which is 3D)
Yes, I loved the Remilia game, unfortunately there's no sequel or similiar game with this system.
Code R is weird, the first 2D version is really slow (FPS-wise) but the sequel 3D-version works smoothly.
But the 3D version is so difficult, and always get a heart-attack when a target spots me and that sound appears.

Well, the other games I haven't heard before, I will look into it.
Otherwise, I'd be greatful if someone still knows a circle with big arsenal of TH games. (Gatling Cat also counts to them, just wanted to add that.)

EDIT:
No one played Nightmare of Sleeping Girls by Kamo? Quite a neat tactical marathon
I checked the video, but it isn't it kinda SRPG-like?
No fangame collection is complete without Phantasmagoria Trues and Magical Singular Day.
Oh yeah, forgot to mention, but I also rather like to avoid playing danmakufus.
I already have enugh trouble playing the canon work.
(Of course, the canon works MUST BE PLAYED)

Well, let's see what C85 brings, I read it's a Touhou-only? sweet
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 05:58:46 PM by Tyraxx »
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=R5D8A2CTMEWMJ Click here to donate (USD)
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=A3498RT3XLXL8 Click here to donate (EUR)
Thanks people.

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2013, 09:36:27 PM »
The circle Zwei makes some fun games, especially their Murasa series Soul Anchor.

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2013, 09:45:43 PM »
You should check Touhou Marine Benefit

S2s2s2
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2013, 02:17:58 PM »
The circle Zwei makes some fun games, especially their Murasa series Soul Anchor.
I saw some screenshots from that game, but the screen looked so blank.
But I'll try it anyway.
You should check Touhou Marine Benefit
No,... that's a Danmakufu, I don't want Danmakufu.

Just remebered the TouhouEvoPlus game series, that was also a great game (both parts), but I don't quite
remember the name of the circle or if they have any other game.
Also the GyakutenTouhou Series was fun, but due to my limited Japanese Skills, only the first part was playable for me.

Well, let's see what else there is (or will be coming, can't wait for C85)...
Thanks people.

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2013, 07:06:56 PM »
Wait, "Gyakuten Touhou series"?
*looks it up and sees that there was a sequel to the first game*
...Goddamnit games that aren't translated into English because fuck reading visual novels in Japanese when my Japanese skills are shit. <_>;
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Sahgren

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2013, 07:32:47 PM »
Wait, "Gyakuten Touhou series"?
*looks it up and sees that there was a sequel to the first game*
...Goddamnit games that aren't translated into English because fuck reading visual novels in Japanese when my Japanese skills are shit. <_>;

The second game is translated. They're just in the middle of proofreading and stomping out bugs in the patch.

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2013, 07:49:17 PM »
No,... that's a Danmakufu

No it's not. :D
Getting clipped since Feb. 2012.

Youtube

Tumblr

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2013, 10:54:20 PM »
I found that nFactory's tower defense game was pretty good. Not very balanced but neither is advance wars so meh, its still fun as fuu for awhile. I forgot the name though.

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2013, 11:36:32 PM »
I found that nFactory's tower defense game was pretty good. Not very balanced but neither is advance wars so meh, its still fun as fuu for awhile. I forgot the name though.

This one?
Haven't played it myself, but I did remember the page links to N-Factory.

-----
Well, I don't know exactly what kind of games you're looking for, but Youyou Kengeki Musou aka "dat youmu game" is pretty fun IMO.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 11:45:05 PM by SirBlueberry »

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2013, 06:20:17 AM »
The second game is translated. They're just in the middle of proofreading and stomping out bugs in the patch.

So the patch is not currently available, then?
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Sahgren

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2013, 06:35:53 AM »
So the patch is not currently available, then?

Not yet. Just wanted to get out that there will be one eventually. It should show up in the translation thread when it's ready.

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2013, 02:46:56 PM »
Hey, cool to know that Gykauten Touhou 2 will be translated and AFAIK there's also a third part already, and also a 4th part, which maybe somekind of special/expansion.

Well, I don't know exactly what kind of games you're looking for, but Youyou Kengeki Musou aka "dat youmu game" is pretty fun IMO.
Oh yeah, that's another high quality game, especially graphic-wise.
But if I remember correctly, I quitted because I couldn't figure out how the game saves.
I found that nFactory's tower defense game was pretty good. Not very balanced but neither is advance wars so meh, its still fun as fuu for awhile.
Well, I'll check it out.

No,... that's a Danmakufu
No it's not. :D
I put the game title in youtube, and it appears to be Danmaku(fu).
Thanks people.

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
  • Profile Loading... Please Wait Warmly.
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2013, 05:27:59 PM »
I'm sure Youyuo Kengeki Musou auto-saves per stage, and if you did quit on a stage, continue will put you on the start of your last played stage.

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2013, 11:11:27 PM »
I put the game title in youtube, and it appears to be Danmaku(fu).
It's an stg but it's not made in danmakufu.  It's pretty garbage anyway though.

Drake

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2013, 11:46:23 PM »
I'm pretty sure you're just using "Danmakufu" as a catch-all term for Touhou-like games that aren't officially Touhou. Which is wrong.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2013, 04:48:18 PM »
I'm sure Youyuo Kengeki Musou auto-saves per stage, and if you did quit on a stage, continue will put you on the start of your last played stage.
Hmm, I remember finishing stage one once, and then deliberately quitting the game just to look if the game saves, and it didn't...
Well, maybe I'll try it again.
I'm pretty sure you're just using "Danmakufu" as a catch-all term for Touhou-like games that aren't officially Touhou. Which is wrong.
AFAIK, Danmakufu is a programm which let you create your own Danmaku games.
That why I also but the "fu" in brackets in my last post.
Thanks people.

Kimidori

• Undefined Fantastic Girl, Nue
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2013, 05:47:39 AM »
Sanbondo with Gensou Shoujo Taisen a.k.a Fantasy Maiden Wars.

"No matter what, cute is justice. If you're watching shows without moe, you should really be questioning your life decisions. The creation of 2D anime girls is the pinnacle of human achievement." -Logan M

« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2013, 06:33:00 AM »
Sanbondo with Gensou Shoujo Taisen a.k.a Fantasy Maiden Wars.
Well, I don't like SRPGs so much, since you just play a straight route, and you also has no real training possibility.
I started playing this one, and it was fun, but seeing that I will just doing one battle after battle and exp. is just limited to the amount of enemies you can encounter, I eventually quitted.
Thanks people.

Drake

« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2013, 07:55:49 AM »
You seem incredibly picky over the most minute things. Why, exactly, should people keep recommending you things if you're simply going to reject them from not liking the genre or stopping after playing a few minutes of it? You first make it sound like you want to discover new games and circles and want people's opinions, but you've already played an unholy crapton of them so clearly you have no actual difficulty in discovering circles, getting trials and buying the games you want, and you seem to already know what you want (and what you don't), which makes it odd for you to ask people for recommendations like this. All I see here is you consuming games en masse and spitting them out, then asking for more.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 08:28:50 AM by Drake »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2013, 01:54:23 PM »
Well, I expected that someone would eventually say this.

I'm sorry, I didn't want to upset anyone, but I thought it would be better to show that I'm reading and dealing with the topic, rather than not answering.

It is true that I have played some games already, but I already stated that I don't prefer certain genres, (though I forgot some, for which I'm sorry).
I'm just asking for everyone's own opinion and I'm just saying my opinion.
Everyone has their own opinion afterall...
Thanks people.