Author Topic: AWA 2013 ZUN Updates  (Read 28840 times)

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
Re: AWA 2013 ZUN Updates
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2013, 05:43:28 PM »
Good to see the general schedule of events up so early. All congoers are well aware of how nice it is to have the itinerary set beforehand.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Letty Whiterock

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2013, 06:01:22 PM »
I'm being told that the tournament matches are being run across multiple computers at the same time with a round robin->single elimination hybrid setup, so we will only be able to record the finals. Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas on the matter?

danyun

• Accomplished Lurker
  • Hey
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2013, 06:28:57 PM »
Oh man, nice to get some info on the con!

Just ordered my badge yesterday, along with my Yuyuko wig. I am so pumped for this, I hope we can stream this too.
I like rain. Do you like rain?

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2013, 08:00:28 PM »
I'm being told that the tournament matches are being run across multiple computers at the same time with a round robin->single elimination hybrid setup, so we will only be able to record the finals. Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas on the matter?

Multiple camcorders? New England's bringing at least one or two, depending on what BL2W has available.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2013, 08:27:16 PM »
If we can get decent 4G in the rooms, I wouldn't mind trying to get my Android to tether something if it proves to be enough to stream through.

Only question I have is how much all the streaming we'd want to do would measure out on a bandwidth plan.
Oh I can tether to my phone fine, I have one of those coveted unlimited Verizon data plans. It's more will there be enough signal in the con center to reliably handle it + will LTE be fast enough. That and figuring out howtf to hook up my streaming stack (which shouldn't be too much of a pain but will still be kinda awkward since it is a desktop and stuff).

I'll be doing some mental inventorying and trial runs to figure out how it could be done but I can't make any promises. I definitely want to try though.

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Drake

« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2013, 12:37:28 AM »
1. If you only have a few cameras, during the initial rounds just circle around all the players and record them briefly, the general hype is probably more important here.
2. Focus cameras on the more experienced play in the later rounds and less of the hype as the gameplay starts taking priority.
3. Make sure to save the replays for the matches. I'm sure people don't really care about actually recording each individual match.
4. Duplicate final match(es) on larger screen for public viewing?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 01:02:04 AM by Drake »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2013, 06:50:03 AM »
Damn son, I want in on that Hopeless Masquerade tournament

I need to show off some Koishi.

eyotic

« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2013, 11:51:49 PM »
From reading this I can't tell: is ZUN a narcissist or a recluse? Please, someone who knows of his personality clarify for me lol.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2013, 01:14:35 AM »
I just realized that we can't possibly have any pictures featuring us with ZUN because he'll have no beer bottle or mugss to hold in the image, unless they allow alcohol at AWA..
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2013, 01:51:09 AM »
Oh I can tether to my phone fine, I have one of those coveted unlimited Verizon data plans. It's more will there be enough signal in the con center to reliably handle it + will LTE be fast enough. That and figuring out howtf to hook up my streaming stack (which shouldn't be too much of a pain but will still be kinda awkward since it is a desktop and stuff).

I'll be doing some mental inventorying and trial runs to figure out how it could be done but I can't make any promises. I definitely want to try though.

Do not expect good 4g or any data services including text during awa from any carrier.  Tbe towers are usually massively overloaded and with the influx of people, even more so this year.

Drake

« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2013, 05:32:30 AM »
From reading this I can't tell: is ZUN a narcissist or a recluse? Please, someone who knows of his personality clarify for me lol.
Neither? He's pretty chill. He doesn't seem to have ever lauded attention, but he's come to accept it. Touhou being his brainchild, I don't think he just accepts "this is popular I am awesome", but rather its popularity pushes him to put more of his life into it, which is probably why the non-game material has exploded in quantity and complexity ever since IN. That being said he isn't a narcissist, but considering he often goes traveling, out drinking and eating with friends, he certainly isn't a recluse. I wouldn't even say reserved or quiet, judging by his various streaming appearances (with buddies, Nikenme, etc). He is, essentially, a pretty normal person.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2013, 06:14:25 PM »
Do not expect good 4g or any data services including text during awa from any carrier.  Tbe towers are usually massively overloaded and with the influx of people, even more so this year.
That's what I'm afraid of. I know last year at Otakon LTE pretty much collapsed from all the people. I'm still going to try ton give it a shot but I can't promise anything.

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Letty Whiterock

« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2013, 06:47:17 PM »
That's what I'm afraid of. I know last year at Otakon LTE pretty much collapsed from all the people. I'm still going to try ton give it a shot but I can't promise anything.
Crunchyroll and NicoNico have working livestream connections at the hotel and rooms they're in. I'll ask what they get and see if we can get in on that.

DeltaSierra4

• Behind each smile
  • is ten thousand sorrows
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2013, 12:28:22 AM »
Question: I'm gonna go ahead and guess there will be a limit on how many items can one person get autographed by ZUN. Is there a limit on the numbers yet?

I'm feeling that it'll be strictly one item per person...
"Times will bring that up over and over again. It's like I'm dying from my mental hemophilia... Forgetting the past is easier said than done. You know it dies hard, and when it dies, it dies with you."

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2013, 12:30:01 AM »
Question: I'm gonna go ahead and guess there will be a limit on how many items can one person get autographed by ZUN. Is there a limit on the numbers yet?

I'm feeling that it'll be strictly one item per person...

That was answered in the link in the OP.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2013, 01:37:55 PM »
Crunchyroll and NicoNico have working livestream connections at the hotel and rooms they're in. I'll ask what they get and see if we can get in on that.

Hotel provided conference class internet

AWA

« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2013, 06:42:39 PM »
Hello everyone!

Director of media relations for AWA here.  I see there are some questions on here that I can answer. 

Regarding videography and photography of ZUN at AWA.  Only AWA staff will be authorized to videotape the official panels that ZUN will be at.  Following the convention we will post the recordings on our official YouTube channel.  Press are authorized to take photos only.  We request that attendees put their cameras away during the panels and enjoy being with ZUN.  Outside of the panels if you see ZUN walking around you can take his picture or record video, but please be courteous!

Information about the press panel will be sent to approved press only. ^_^

Letty Whiterock

« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2013, 07:54:03 PM »
Hello everyone!

Director of media relations for AWA here.  I see there are some questions on here that I can answer. 

Regarding videography and photography of ZUN at AWA.  Only AWA staff will be authorized to videotape the official panels that ZUN will be at.  Following the convention we will post the recordings on our official YouTube channel.  Press are authorized to take photos only.  We request that attendees put their cameras away during the panels and enjoy being with ZUN.  Outside of the panels if you see ZUN walking around you can take his picture or record video, but please be courteous!

Information about the press panel will be sent to approved press only. ^_^
Quoting this. This is important stuff.

e: Added it to the post.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 07:56:23 PM by The Sampling Parasprites »

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2013, 02:07:44 AM »
Thanks for the clarification! Is it still OK if we film the fan panel or the tournaments?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 02:10:16 AM by helvetica »

Soul Devour

• A Casual Touhou Fan
  • Drifting along, one day at a time
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2013, 02:38:55 AM »
Woah, did someone say potential streaming? Looks like I know what I'm doing in a month >_>

« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2013, 02:57:39 AM »
So the only way to have a live streaming is to ask someone from AWA to do it, right? Anyone here?

AWA

« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2013, 04:30:40 AM »
Thanks for the clarification! Is it still OK if we film the fan panel or the tournaments?

Filming fan panels and the tournament should be OK. :)

So the only way to have a live streaming is to ask someone from AWA to do it, right? Anyone here?

Only AWA could live stream the event, but we will not be doing it.  After the convention is over we will post videos of the panels online for everyone to enjoy.

BL2W

• ~ SHINING FINGER ~
  • I take many forms, and this won't be my last.
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2013, 05:00:18 AM »
After the convention is over we will post videos of the panels online for everyone to enjoy.

As a videographer and a Touhou fan, I would like to sincerely thank you for doing this. I'm sure your team will have the equipment to do ZUN's panels justice far better than I could at the moment~ :)

Now, you can follow my art studio, KyokoPro Studios, on deviantART, Facebook, and YouTube~!

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2013, 04:22:07 PM »
That takes away pretty much all questions revolving live streaming. I could ask why, but something tells me it is regarding infrastructure, bandwith, setup and such? We'll have to watch warmly until AWA press has posted the videos on their official website.

Letty Whiterock

« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2013, 07:05:24 AM »
LeoModesto confirmed for not going.

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2013, 07:02:22 AM »
EDIT: Obsolete and inaccurate, see below.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 02:46:45 AM by cuc »
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2013, 02:49:04 AM »
Hahaha, my info turned out to be wildly inaccurate, although somehow no one has come to correct me.

- ZUN went to Indie Stream (a party sponsored by Sony and Playism after Tokyo Game Show) on Sep 23.
- He's still in Japan at the moment, and will leave tomorrow.
- At least Ruw is going with him.

Ruw is a member of the doujin group D.N.A. Software, who are best friends with ZUN. He also helps ZUN and his friends in dealing with legal and business matters. I guess he'll be acting as ZUN's agent this time.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 03:41:29 AM by cuc »
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter