Author Topic: AWA 2013 ZUN Updates  (Read 28844 times)

Keine Kamishirasawa

• The Great Sealed Historian
  • Acta est fabula, plaudite!
AWA 2013 ZUN Updates
« on: August 19, 2013, 07:03:59 PM »

Captain Onimaru

Re: AWA 2013 ZUN Updates
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 07:46:32 PM »
I'm glad somebody finally set in stone that ZUN won't be accepting gifts. It's realistically impossible and a lot of people were going to be very disappointed if they all went there expecting ZUN to accept their personal gift... I thought it was kind of obvious, but there were people who didn't believe me for some reason.

Golden tickets also sounds interesting. I wonder if all of them will get used, or how ZUN is going to decide when to pass his out, and to whom.
I'm also curious how likely it is that individuals will even get the chance to interact with him outside of the official events.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 09:08:24 PM »
Any info on the permissibility of video recording devices?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 09:10:52 PM by Kilgamayan »
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Silentsword

• Ace Hakurei Attorney
  • Practical solutions to impractical problems!
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 09:14:53 PM »
I'm also curious how likely it is that individuals will even get the chance to interact with him outside of the official events.

I know I said at AB, and that Kilga said in his AWA info post a few months back, that it was possible that you could interact with ZUN outside of the panels.  It is beginning to sound as if this will not be happening.  Or that if it does happen, it's "shake his hand, say thank you, and move along so that he can go wherever it is that he wants to go."

Being realistic, the staff has to take extra care with the guests to ensure that they can enjoy as much of the convention as they want to, and they're pretty good at sheltering the guests from the rabid fans.  Stuff like what happened last year at Otakon, where Jason David Frank went down the line and high-fived a bunch of people and talked with the line a bit while things were gotten in order, seems to be the exception, rather than the rule.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 09:19:16 PM by Silentsword »
"But if I don't do this, then all that's left is to stand around and do nothing, and I've discovered I can't do that. That's the problem with the freedom of choice he was talking about: once you've got it, you can't live with yourself very comfortably if you choose not to exercise it." - Commander Warner Caslet.

BL2W

• ~ SHINING FINGER ~
  • I take many forms, and this won't be my last.
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 09:59:51 PM »
Any info on the permissibility of video recording devices?

Thanks for asking this, Kilga; I really need to know this myself since it's pretty much becoming at least half of my reason for being at this point. I would love to even just snag a little bit of footage of ZUN at even one of his panels while I'll be attending this con. :ohdear:

Now, you can follow my art studio, KyokoPro Studios, on deviantART, Facebook, and YouTube~!

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 10:11:45 PM »
I've heard from Totaku that the only gift ZUN will be accepting from anyone this year will be the AWA Scroll Project gift, to add, under the rule that one of the AWA staff members presents it to him.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 11:13:55 PM »
I'll make sure, but if permitted I will definitely make sure we film the press Q&A as well as any and all panels.

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Silentsword

• Ace Hakurei Attorney
  • Practical solutions to impractical problems!
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2013, 11:31:10 PM »
Just to confirm: NO figures will be signed, at all?  Not even Griffons or Figmas?

And on the same token: IaMP/SWR/Soku/HM considered "official games", correct?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 11:32:57 PM by Silentsword »
"But if I don't do this, then all that's left is to stand around and do nothing, and I've discovered I can't do that. That's the problem with the freedom of choice he was talking about: once you've got it, you can't live with yourself very comfortably if you choose not to exercise it." - Commander Warner Caslet.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2013, 11:42:59 PM »
And on the same token: IaMP/SWR/Soku/HM considered "official games", correct?

Oui.

Letty Whiterock

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2013, 12:23:01 AM »
I'll make sure, but if permitted I will definitely make sure we film the press Q&A as well as any and all panels.
I'll make sure of the press Q&A, but I'm pretty sure they're already doing that. As for the panels, feel free to bring equipment for recording! I want it recorded for myself as well.

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2013, 12:24:49 AM »
Yesssssss, these recordings will be amazing for those of us that cannot attend. I greatly look forward to them.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2013, 12:41:55 AM »
I'll make sure of the press Q&A, but I'm pretty sure they're already doing that. As for the panels, feel free to bring equipment for recording! I want it recorded for myself as well.
Should not be a problem whatsoever :3c

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Imosa

• Any sufficiently advanced technology
  • is indistinguishable from magic
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2013, 12:43:01 AM »
It would certainly surprise me if they don't allow recordings.

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2013, 01:23:04 AM »
Live streaming, people. Make it happen!

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2013, 01:26:26 AM »
Oh I have the hardware for it easily, it's more of will I have an internet connection to enable such a thing :(

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2013, 02:26:05 AM »
Wow, if ZUN is impressed about people spending 30 bucks for his games, I wonder what he'd think about the folks here in my country that can dish out from 80 to more than 100 when importing a game. Taxes for games are pretty stiff in here and are applied to the overall price of importing + product.

At least that's how it rolled when I tried to import Tactics Ogre from Amazon back in 2011. The price went from around $30 to $105. Emphasis on the tried part.

Anyway, I'm curious how ZUN will react to his western fanbase. Please behave yourselves for everyone's sake, guys.

Maybe he'll get some inspiration and TH15 will have some cryptid-based lolis.

Live streaming, people. Make it happen!

That'd be cool. Really cool.

Drake

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2013, 02:28:09 AM »
Holy crap the scale of these events is ridiculously impressive. That is going to be one godly convention.

The Touhou Trivia Panel: Following the fan panel, there will be a Trivia panel, where you can answer questions about Touhou and get prizes
suddenly everyone is slightly relieved that drake can't come

cryptid-based lolis.
Considering we already have a few cryptids as simply cryptids, I find that unlikely. They are largely supposed to be animals, after all.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2013, 02:35:22 AM »
Considering we already have a few cryptids as simply cryptids, I find that unlikely. They are largely supposed to be animals, after all.

Guess you're right considering just cryptids, there's even a friggin' chupacabra in Gensokyo.

Anyway, my bad for expressing myself poorly. I meant more as having a game with really western based creatures (and by that I mean the glorious ZUN Art girl versions), kinda like how people thought DDC would've been.

With Yukari importing creatures from around the world in the mangas it's not that unlikely to happen.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 02:38:37 AM by Black Mage »

Letty Whiterock

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2013, 06:30:34 AM »
Wow, if ZUN is impressed about people spending 30 bucks for his games
Not so much impressed as baffled. It'd be like watching someone pay full $50-60 retail for Fez.

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2013, 06:57:41 AM »
Thanks for the info and update Mint.  This is definitely something to look forward to.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2013, 07:28:44 AM »
If there is any livestream going to be happening, I will be definitely staying up and ignore my time zone just to have a good look at it all. Otherwise the recording have to be viewed later.

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2013, 09:05:53 AM »
Wow that all looks like so much fun :X Oh you lucky Atlanta people

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2013, 12:38:52 PM »
is the tournament will be uploaded to youtube or any video streaming sites?

thanks

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2013, 01:21:26 PM »
It would certainly surprise me if they don't allow recordings.

Some guests simply get uncomfortable on camera.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2013, 01:22:47 PM »
Yeah, wasn't there a "no recording" rule when Aya Hirano came to Otakon last year?

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2013, 02:47:31 PM »
Man, I have been trying to figure out how I could go to this... and it just doesn't seem possible... for one, I had to take so many days off already(Anime boston, which I got to meet and chat with some of you guys here(North east touhou fans represent!), my surgury back in March), and I need to take off days for a bachleor party next week and a wedding in October(I am a groomsman and it's my cousin, I need to do these)

The wedding in october is the week right after this con to, so even if I had time off to take... getting to texas right after atlanta will be very hard and very expensive :( .

This really sucks, because I REALLY want to meet ZUN. This sounds like a once in a lifetime experiance... I really wish he could have made it to Anime boston this year... but it was the same time as Reiatsu, and he HAD to be there.

So, I REALLY hope someone records everything, or if they make it DVD only, if there will be a place to buy it... I really want to see this, and since it is impossible to make it, I want to see it!

Question: Do we know what exactly ZUN will be talking about? Maybe rumors of him maybe helping getting his games to have some sort of official release in America? Touhou 14 just came out, so I doubt we will hear any new game news. Maybe a new manga project?

Firestorm29

• Lily White Mage
  • Spring Time is Healing Time~
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2013, 04:05:53 PM »
Oh I have the hardware for it easily, it's more of will I have an internet connection to enable such a thing :(
If we can get decent 4G in the rooms, I wouldn't mind trying to get my Android to tether something if it proves to be enough to stream through.

Only question I have is how much all the streaming we'd want to do would measure out on a bandwidth plan.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2013, 05:12:13 PM »
Good to hear more official bits on Reitaisai Special USA Edition AWA. Now to arrange rooming for that....
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Letty Whiterock

« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2013, 05:32:04 PM »
is the tournament will be uploaded to youtube or any video streaming sites?

thanks
We may be able to arrange that. I'll get back to you.

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2013, 05:33:07 PM »
Very excite and very glad to know that they'll have some semblance of sanity for the autographing. Looking forward to seeing peoples there!