Author Topic: [Art] Aoshi Thread II - The "Coming Up With Thread Names is Difficult" Edition  (Read 62788 times)

I loooooove that Junko omg

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

Aoshi-shi

• Back at it again in the Land of Origin
  • maior e longinquo reverentia
Art Thread -->
Well gee, I have a Tumblr now.  | Twitter
 What a nice day to complain about mobage!
 |PADherder

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
When i saw the title I half expected ALakshmi, haha.

Also is that a popsicle in the tail's mouth? Adorable in any case.

I dont think I need to explain my views on Youmu by now to you of all people, now do I?  =P
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Aoshi-shi

Not exactly a bump, but more of a "Look at this stuff while I organize some things in the meantime."

A greenhouse that I did for a school project. Reimu's teeny tiny compared to Remi so I'll need to scale her up when I render this.

Ceres!
Art Thread -->
 |PADherder

I want to point out once again that your facial proportions have done you absolutely no favours from the very first time you've chosen to stick with them and to this moment with your latest post. The wide eyes, low hanging nose and mouth may seem fine in sketches, but after rendering they fall apart like a paper mache without so much as a lone breeze. Many a time the nose is misaligned yet easily missed in sketches, but when they are rendered out, it's clear that they are usually off the mark.  Until you've decided to recognise these proportions as awful, properly construct the face as a 3d object and take the time to align facial features, it is obvious that your progress will stall as it had been for a fairly long time.

http://i.imgur.com/3L66LzS.png

As usual I've taken a stab at correcting the face, but it's clear my attempt at correcting anatomy fell flat since I simply made a half-hearted attempt trying to fix the visible body whilst trying not to mess with the rest of it that's clothed. (Excuses. I know.)

Which brings to the point of anatomy. It's bad. I don't know what more to say, since I don't have any nude drawings to go off by. You just seem to have trouble grasping proportion at times and failing to recognise the changes in planes on the body (especially the stomach, which looks little more than a tube as I've seen with Ringo). I peg it down to lack of construction, but as far as I know, anything flies.

Aoshi-shi

Ah, thanks. It almost feels embarrassing to be told the same thing twice, hahaha

Although it really sucks to feel like I've been dragging my feet when it comes to my art. I mean, it's not like I don't want to improve or anything, but... I feel pretty indifferent about it? It sucks to feel this way and I don't want to be this kind of person anymore, but first I guess I need to drum up my motivation again and just do it.

My anatomy's been gradually slipping in pretty much every area, but I think starting with faces would be in my best interest.
Art Thread -->
 |PADherder

pineyappled

That you actually get work done is admirable though; last time I finished something was... never lmao
+OT, but pirate: all your things have weird cat noses

Aoshi-shi

Not exactly a bump, but more of a "Look at this stuff while I organize some things in the meantime."

Honestly I forgot what I was even doing hahaha

But here's half of the birthday stuff (I just realized this is the album with the mostly unfixed images. I should probably scrap this album and upload the proper images sometime.)

And other shit:

Ink stuff: 1 2 3

Might paint over the Youmu one since it looks like a hot mess

Digital stuff: 1 2

Still trying to figure out environmental lighting. I think I made a small step in  the right direction but I still got a long way to go.
Art Thread -->
 |PADherder

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
That is a hella Benben right there.

Also I didn't expect Alraune when I clicked on that link, and I am deeply pleased. EO needs all the love.

Aoshi-shi

Also I didn't expect Alraune when I clicked on that link, and I am deeply pleased. EO needs all the love.

It's actually Scylla but I do happen to have an Alraune piece as well as a few other EO related stuff planned. I'll get around to those once I finish up all the birthday requests!
Art Thread -->
 |PADherder

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Dangit. That's what I meant.

Also: Awesome!

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
Is there a whole picture of your avvy?
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

Aoshi-shi

Art Thread -->
 |PADherder

Mеа

• catnapping
Oh oops, the face looked vaguely familiar enough to your style that I thought you drew it

Hope ♦ Metal

• Royal Flares Can't Melt Steel Beams
  • Donald Trump will make waifus real
Oh oops, the face looked vaguely familiar enough to your style that I thought you drew it
That's impossible because nobody ever uses their own art as an avatar. kidding :V

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
Mea had been using his art for quite a while before Himiko blessed him with the current one. We may say his views are biased on the matter. :V
I usually apply varying degrees of editing to a picture before setting it as my userpic, though I haven't used a genuine Delfi drawing yet.

And why? This picture doesn't look like Aoshi's art for me, like at all.

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

Mеа

• catnapping
looking at that picture gives me such an intense presque vu moment I thought it was hers. Or someone around here. Or of recently something something. I can't rememberrrr

blessed/given, yes, it just feels weird to use the work of a peer if it wasn't specifically intended for my use, I just assumed others had it too