Author Topic: Anime Weekend Atlanta Touhou swag contests have begun!  (Read 9097 times)

Vento

• Playtime is over!!!!
  • TRIGGER WARNING : #2handsome5casuls
Re: Anime Weekend Atlanta Touhou swag contests have begun!
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2013, 09:13:45 AM »
It's also stuff by Team Shanhai Alice. Not fan made stuff.
i think you missed my point
Distasteful Tater Elites 1st division

Imosa

• Any sufficiently advanced technology
  • is indistinguishable from magic
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2013, 06:06:14 PM »
i think you missed my point
Yeah, maybe.
Anyway the guy who won this contest was definitely pro.

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2013, 10:36:44 PM »
Don't forget that not everyone can access Facebook. I can't on my phone now, for example.

The winner is none other than Captain Onimaru, probably best known as the person who drew his own map of Gensokyo (see below).
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=12502.0

The prize is a copy of Unknown Flower, Mesmering Journey, and a copy of DDC trial version, both signed with the writing "AWA 2013 ZUN".
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 10:41:24 PM by cuc »
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

Imosa

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2013, 04:28:47 AM »
So this appeared on my timeline
Quote from: AWA facebook page
Danmaku games aren't easy games to master. From Espgaluda to Ikaruga to Jamestown, the wave of curtain fire bullets and lasers can be relentless, and you'd have to be crazy to spend the time memorizing patterns and honing your twitch-dodging skills. You'd have to be... a lunatic, and if you fit that bill, this one is for you.

Grab the latest Touhou 14 demo ( http://goo.gl/3VU2md ), choose the Lunatic difficulty, select your character, and start hunting some youkai! Clear the entire 3-stage demo on Lunatic, screencap your high score, save your replay, and send it to us. It's that "easy"! For some extra help, here's a scoring guide for Double Dealing Character ( http://goo.gl/MH5gFE ). The highest score wins!

- Send your entries to contest@awa-con.com.

- Entry deadline is Sunday, August 27th, 2013 at 11:59pm EDT.

Rules and Regulations recap:

1) You must be pre-registered for Anime Weekend Atlanta 2013. When entering, please include your name and confirmation number, so we?ll know who you are and that we?ll see you there.
2) This is a contest for earnest Touhou fans. All the contest objectives will be geared toward Touhou fans who might just live and breathe danmaku. We want these prizes to go to a good home, after all!
3) You cannot win more than once. That wouldn?t be fair!
4)All prizes will be mailed to the winners within the US at no cost. However, if you are from outside of the country, you will be responsible for international shipping or you can choose to receive your prize at the convention.

**Note: If you've already won one of our Tohou contests you cannot win another one in the same series**

Letty Whiterock

« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2013, 09:07:34 PM »
Love it or hate it, you can?t deny the influence that Walfas?s create.swf has had on the Touhou community. With its ease of use and unique visual style, it pioneered a genre of simple comic creations that anyone could make and share with their fellow Touhou fans. For this contest, you?ll be using it, along with some genuine humor, wit, and knowledge of your fandom, to make your own Touhou 4-panel comic!

Load up create.swf and make the funniest Touhou 4-koma you can come up with. The entire comic must be made only with create.swf?s tools. You may use Paint, GIMP, Photoshop, or whatever else to build the comic, but you can?t add any special effects with them. We?ll pick the funniest one as the winner! Of course, let?s keep it PG; I?m sure you can come up with at least one good joke without straying into adult themes. Best of luck, everyone!

- Send your entries to contest@awa-con.com.

- Entry deadline is Monday, September 16th, 2013 at 11:59pm EDT.

Ehehehehehe

Imosa

« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2013, 06:21:51 AM »
So this looks a lot more doable. Exciting, and good call.