Author Topic: Miscellaneous Questions Thread 4 - Bring us your Questions!  (Read 211593 times)

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
Re: Miscellaneous Questions Thread 4 - Bring us your Questions!
« Reply #990 on: April 16, 2014, 01:50:41 PM »
Is there anything about normal humans being able to fly, or being unable to fly, or something like that in official print works?
One of Akyuu's footnotes in Flandre Scarlet's article seems to imply that even normal humans can fly, but is there anything more about this?
Signature

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
« Reply #991 on: April 16, 2014, 02:07:27 PM »
Aside from Akyuu's comment there is nothing else in the official printworks that gives a definite answer.
There are theories however about it which include Yukari messing with the border between ground and sky or that Reimu's "ability to float"  is affecting all of Gensokyo making it easier or rather possible to fly  for everyone who puts some effort into it.
But as far as I know it has been stated somewhere that your average run of the mill human isn't capable of flying. Akyuu tends to exaggerate at times. :V

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #992 on: April 16, 2014, 02:29:07 PM »
But as far as I know it has been stated somewhere that your average run of the mill human isn't capable of flying.

Umm, does anyone else know this is stated?
Signature

« Reply #993 on: April 16, 2014, 09:36:45 PM »
I don't recall any statement as such.

...someone refresh my memory. Did we see Kosuzu and Akyuu fly?  Ugh, we only had this discussion a short time ago and I already can't remember the end conclusions.

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #994 on: April 16, 2014, 10:05:27 PM »
Well, Kosuzu had to fly with Marisa on her broom at one point, so it's quite possible that she can't.

Drake

« Reply #995 on: April 16, 2014, 10:18:22 PM »
I remember Kosuzu riding on Marisa's broom at one point. It doesn't really imply either way, though. Akyuu notes in PMiSS rather casually that people flying is common. Despite this, we don't ever see human villagers fly, and neither Akyuu nor Kosuzu have yet flown. The usual conclusion is that it's something to be learned, but even still I would expect anyone to want to be able to fly. The only humans that fly without excuse would be Sakuya and Mokou.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Espadas

• You're gonna have a bad time
« Reply #996 on: April 17, 2014, 01:40:25 PM »
I don't know if i'm being a derp or not but..... is there someplace where i can find the original bgm of Touhou IN HQ? I'm not looking for remixes, just the original ones in high quality.....
Because i've searched around in Youtube and some songs just can't be find in high quality....

i.e. for the past 20 minutes i've searched Suwa Foughten Field and still no luck  :(

« Reply #997 on: April 17, 2014, 02:15:17 PM »
Drake has the OSTs in his game rips thread. I believe they're taken directly from game data, so I doubt there's higher quality than that. However, I'm on mobile so I can't post the thread's link. It's in the Touhou Projects sub-board of RikaNitori.

Drake

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #999 on: April 18, 2014, 02:27:02 AM »
A bit of a odd question but what kind of area is EoSD's stage one? I'm trying to find out Rumia's habitat and playing stage one (even with the high res patch) doesn't really help. I would assume trees with a large path and a river in the middle but those "trees" also look like giant leaf piles. And it's looks like it opens up at the end which should lead to the misty lake, and using the misty lake stage in Hiso as a reference it does look like it but I'd like someone elses opinion on it please.
Touhou Fugyouseki ~ Nightmare of Sleeping Girl English Patch
I run a crappy YouTube channel, check it out if you wish~

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
« Reply #1000 on: April 18, 2014, 08:09:32 AM »
While there is still no official map of Gensokyo (?) I guess it is established by now that the Hakurei Shrine lies on its eastern edge so I'll go from there.

If you draw a straight line between the shrine and the Misty lake (going north) that would roughly be this area. I also believe that it borders on the forest of magic which would then lie in the west, with the human village beyond.
I don't want to turn this into a geography discussion (I believe there was one a few pages ago, with a few fan created maps posted as well, so you might want to check that out too) but if we have the Misty Lake & SDM in the northeast and assume that the river that flows down the Youkai Mountain (they have a waterfall there, so that's a given) would go into the lake it would have to leave somewhere as well so it would also explain the river in EoSD stage1.

That would be my theory.

Fuyuumi

• A fairy pichuu'ed me.
« Reply #1001 on: April 18, 2014, 09:32:58 AM »
I think it might be a border of Forest of Magic (btw. what's the difference between Magic Forest and Forest of Magic?) too, but because of darkness surrounding Gensokyo every forest would look the same.

Imosa

• Any sufficiently advanced technology
  • is indistinguishable from magic
« Reply #1002 on: April 19, 2014, 11:03:55 AM »
I always figured that she just wanders aimlessly, but gets stuck in the forest. In PMiSS Akyuu says she didn't know where she usually roams. Why are you trying to figure this out?

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #1003 on: April 19, 2014, 02:55:30 PM »
Well it's a bit silly but I got rpg maker recently and touhou is a big inspiration for me and I wanted to make something from it, but as I feel I wouldn't portray the characters very well I came up with the idea of a interactive wiki / museum type of rpg where those who are new to touhou can learn the basic story of each game and information of each character and hopefully enjoy a challenging battle with said characters ala Labyrinth style. It's silly but I just wanted to do something different from what most people do.

EDIT: Foolishly I realized I didn't answer your question directly, I'm designing her stage but with out knowing what stage one actually is like I can't transfer it well, if it's just a forest then it should be somewhat easy.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 04:16:31 PM by Colticide »

hungrybookworm

• Shipper On Board
« Reply #1004 on: April 20, 2014, 11:22:34 AM »
Dunno how helpful this is, but the picture next to the section on EoSD in Bohemian Archive in Japanese Red shows Rumia and Reimu facing off over the shrine. http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/File:079BAiJRspecialEoSD.jpg

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #1005 on: April 20, 2014, 12:36:28 PM »
Also, Reimu's line right before Rumia appears:

"Still... It's so romantic out behind the shrine at night. (← carefree)"

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #1006 on: April 20, 2014, 12:43:53 PM »
I remember reading something yesterday that said how there is a path near the shrine that leads in the direction of the misty lake, wither it connects or not is unknown to me. Thanks again for all the help everyone.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #1007 on: April 20, 2014, 05:00:31 PM »
Aaaaand with reply #1,007 we reach the lock. New thread here.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."