Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 and 10F  (Read 293754 times)

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 and 10F
« Reply #990 on: August 25, 2013, 11:20:11 PM »
First number is probably multiplier before defense is taken into consideration and second number is probably multiplier after defense is taken into consideration. So it would be something like (1.7x - defense)*1.7x.
Wouldn't that make Mountain Breaker into "(400% ATK vs X% T.DEF) *0.8" and thus 20% of the resulting damage is lost? or do we assume there is an extra 1.0/100%, making it an 80% damage increase after calculation, while Byakuren's MoTB is *2.7 instead?

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #991 on: August 25, 2013, 11:27:09 PM »
Oh God what have I done?! During a rage break from challenge play-through.

You call that Attack!? You call that Viole Boosting!? I laugh at thee! And spit! I laugh and spit at thee!

Jokes aside, as well as my own boasting, that is a pretty good Youmu :P

Edit: I completely forgot I had a message already there that I could have edited this into x.x Sorry for the double post x.x
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 11:28:43 PM by MysTeariousYukari »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #992 on: August 25, 2013, 11:51:07 PM »
Wouldn't that make Mountain Breaker into "(400% ATK vs X% T.DEF) *0.8" and thus 20% of the resulting damage is lost?
Meiling's Mountain Breaker has a stunningly high first number in comparison to the other moves, and is supposed to pierce defense pretty well assuming it's like the first game; so it wouldn't be very surprising if they just did the formula in a strange manner like that to really make the enemy's DEF not influence the final result a whole lot.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

CloverNaght

• Gotta hide in teh box..
  • FOEs r scareh
« Reply #993 on: August 25, 2013, 11:53:56 PM »
You call that Attack!? You call that Viole Boosting!? I laugh at thee! And spit! I laugh and spit at thee!

Jokes aside, as well as my own boasting, that is a pretty good Youmu :P

Edit: I completely forgot I had a message already there that I could have edited this into x.x Sorry for the double post x.x
what the...., did you respec everyone to gain enough money to pump those two that much? Grinded alot with Nazrin one-shotting every mobs in
Spoiler:
second part of 20F
, can't gain that much money...
Behold the power of love instagibbing, ze!!~

DA

• Some dude on the internet
« Reply #994 on: August 26, 2013, 12:05:47 AM »
As much as I would love to boost people to crazy levels i have a few things keeping me from wanting to do which is mainly i like to use everyone in this game so i basically boost everyone equally so i can just switch up my teams and plus I dont want to make postgame crazy easy.
Also has anyone gotten pass that 88 achievement rock yet because I'm curious to what is behind it.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #995 on: August 26, 2013, 12:08:17 AM »
Hmm... Should I raise both Attack and Magic for
Spoiler:
Yuuka?
She has high Attack and Magic and the spell descriptions don't say anything about Attack or Magic or Composite...

Looking at her spells, they all run off of her Magic... her Attack is just nutty so you can punch things for big numbers as well :P
Also has anyone gotten pass that 88 achievement rock yet because I'm curious to what is behind it.
Where is that rock anyway? o_o

DA

« Reply #996 on: August 26, 2013, 12:11:19 AM »
:PWhere is that rock anyway? o_o

Its at the right side of floor 20. It has an item behind it and i hope it is very worth it because i'm actually do that one achievement where you have to grind 10,000 bp.

CloverNaght

• Gotta hide in teh box..
  • FOEs r scareh
« Reply #997 on: August 26, 2013, 12:16:22 AM »
My wild guess is Ame no Murakumo which gives +128% allstats, considering its the only item that i missed and i already explored every map and its the only item that i missed
Behold the power of love instagibbing, ze!!~

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #998 on: August 26, 2013, 12:47:00 AM »

For SCIENCE, I went ahead and Cheat Engined my way past the rock.  If you would like to spoil yourself as to the unrivaled greatness that hides behind the rock, http://i.imgur.com/f8udyD6.jpg
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #999 on: August 26, 2013, 12:48:48 AM »
Is anyone else missing the very first Main equipment on the second page? The wiki calls it Great Hammer and says it adds Shock to all attacks. It seems to be the only one I am missing o_o I am also missing the last and third last Sub Equipment, which the wiki calls "Heishi Shōrin ken" and "Godly Katana [Ame no Murakumo]" As well as the 5th last material, called Dragon's Mane on the wiki.

Also, do I need a specific item to access the... Create Main Equip option at Nitori's Shop? 3rd choice, then 1st. The 3rd then 2nd lets me create Sub gear, but the other isn't selectable, like I am missing something o_o
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 12:54:47 AM by MysTeariousYukari »

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #1000 on: August 26, 2013, 12:55:42 AM »
I must train harder so Youmu will not be outdone by these scrubs.

Hit my first major snag: Komachi. One Ferriage In The Deep Fog and my whole party drops. And Cirno's super Physical weakness is quite the drawback...

Is anyone else missing the very first Main equipment on the second page? The wiki calls it Great Hammer and says it adds Shock to all attacks. It seems to be the only one I am missing o_o I am also missing the last and third last Sub Equipment, which the wiki calls "Heishi Shōrin ken" and "Godly Katana [Ame no Murakumo]"

Also, do I need a specific item to access the... Create Main Equip option at Nitori's Shop? 3rd choice, then 1st. The 3rd then 2nd lets me create Sub gear, but the other isn't selectable, like I am missing something o_o

You got the Ribbon?! Please impart me with thine knowledge, oh Great Wise One! And I wouldn't be surprised if you can't create Main Gear, and we have to wait for a patch to be able to.
I finally got my first Normal 1cc. ReimuA, TD.
I have a noob stream now. Mostly Touhou, fangames, Warframe and League of Legends.
Currently playing: Nothing until ESO is out.

DA

« Reply #1001 on: August 26, 2013, 12:58:57 AM »
For SCIENCE, I went ahead and Cheat Engined my way past the rock.  If you would like to spoil yourself as to the unrivaled greatness that hides behind the rock, http://i.imgur.com/f8udyD6.jpg
Spoiler:
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA, Ok so I'm done with achievements now i dont have 88 but i'm done. I'm just hoping that is a place holder item and you cant actually get 88 achievements or something because that seems like a complete waste of time to get. Then again i wasted alot of my time already so I guess I'm the real foolish one here,

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #1002 on: August 26, 2013, 01:22:06 AM »
You got the Ribbon?! Please impart me with thine knowledge, oh Great Wise One! And I wouldn't be surprised if you can't create Main Gear, and we have to wait for a patch to be able to.
No idea how I got it, but it is only +50 to all Ailment resists and Debuff resist, elemental affinities are not boosted by it. If there have been any updates recently, I'm still running 1.130.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #1003 on: August 26, 2013, 01:46:33 AM »
No idea how I got it, but it is only +50 to all Ailment resists and Debuff resist, elemental affinities are not boosted by it. If there have been any updates recently, I'm still running 1.130.
No update it's still 1.130.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

« Reply #1004 on: August 26, 2013, 01:49:26 AM »
Thread's over 1000.

I'm thinking the translation stuff should probably be moved to a new thread in Touhou Projects. Doesn't really make sense to have it in here.

dawnbomb

• Adventurer
« Reply #1005 on: August 26, 2013, 02:33:09 AM »
Thread's over 1000.

I'm thinking the translation stuff should probably be moved to a new thread in Touhou Projects. Doesn't really make sense to have it in here.

I like reading the translation progress along with everyones gameplay progress, i lilerally keep refreshing every 2-4 hours for new posts as i wait for some usable menu patch, the current one doesn't even have the...abilities..? translated.
There's no way I could love anyone
but i wish to be loved by someone in return

« Reply #1006 on: August 26, 2013, 02:53:15 AM »
Sorry. I know it's already over 1000, but I'll reply to these at least.

I liked giving her Abilities Enhanced for the simple fact that it gives her every stat (which she uses) and it lets her easily fill both the role of a attacker and a support, assuming you have all of her self buff skills.
I used that too, but just how much did it increase anyway? There isn't really much difference, I think. I'm considering giving her the Gambler for that 15% plus damage(for every level, right?). The defense debuff probably won't matter much since they could never hit her anyway.
Also, the Enhancer's strengthening doesn't work with Byakuren's buff copy.

First number is probably multiplier before defense is taken into consideration and second number is probably multiplier after defense is taken into consideration. So it would be something like (1.7x - defense)*1.7x.
I forgot to add there's another factor. It's "防御力"(Defense) and I think this is akin to the T.DEF from LoT1. All three of them had it at 50%, compare Momiji's Rabies Bite which is 35% and it's said to be a defense piercing move. So I guess you got the right idea.

Wouldn't that make Mountain Breaker into "(400% ATK vs X% T.DEF) *0.8" and thus 20% of the resulting damage is lost? or do we assume there is an extra 1.0/100%, making it an 80% damage increase after calculation, while Byakuren's MoTB is *2.7 instead?
Yeah, I guess that was the case. Makes sense since there's a lot of decrease from their LoT1 counterpart, Yuugi's Knockout was "(500% ATK - 80% T.DEF)" and now it's "(200% ATK - 50% T.DEF) *1.3". Guess the multiplier was there to make up for it.
So Byakuren's MoTB is stronger than Yuugi's, faster and more accuracy? Damn, NAMUSAN!

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
  • I feed on your tears...
« Reply #1007 on: August 26, 2013, 03:08:06 AM »
Thread's over 1000.

I like reading the translation progress along with everyones gameplay progress, i lilerally keep refreshing every 2-4 hours for new posts as i wait for some usable menu patch, the current one doesn't even have the...abilities..? translated.

While it may be nice to know the progress on translations, for us it's easier if we don't have to search through dozens of other replies to see what needs to be done, corrected and applied, so a specific translation thread would be much more useful.
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

Now working with Touhou-Online in French

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #1008 on: August 26, 2013, 03:54:56 AM »
Kasen really rules. She single handedly took out like half of Kaguya's HP in three hits.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #1009 on: August 26, 2013, 03:59:34 AM »
Makes sense since there's a lot of decrease from their LoT1 counterpart, Yuugi's Knockout was "(500% ATK - 80% T.DEF)"
LoT1 has the magnification percentage too, it's just the wiki formulas already did the algebra and simplified them into the forms you see there now.

It's still lower, though. But it's a different game, so proportions can be different. She has new bonuses from her passives, anyway.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #1010 on: August 26, 2013, 08:07:55 AM »
Now, I'm trying to decide what to do until more patches and the english patch come out...I could
A. Try to get Youmu's attack to Lv. 1000
B. Go through again, and not use Komachi, Suika, or Byakuren. Also, not game over grind for Kasen.
C. Solo play-through with Youmu or Kasen
D. Team 9 play-through.

I'm feeling C.
I've always liked the idea of disallowing using certain characters during second playthroughs (mostly the characters that were central to my playstyle the first time).  Forces you to use new characters and adds some life to the game.

Also if cheating is involved I like giving myself access to characters before I would normally have them since I find there are a lot of characters that I just end up ignoring because someone else just does their job better for my purposes.  That's just me though.

« Reply #1011 on: August 26, 2013, 08:42:46 AM »
Can anyone tell me how to extract those dxa files?
img1.dxa bgm1.dxa img2.dxa bgm2.dxa

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #1012 on: August 26, 2013, 08:45:16 AM »
You guys can always just make the new thread yourselves you know.

Next thread