Author Topic: Continues???? EoSD  (Read 2232 times)

Continues???? EoSD
« on: August 27, 2013, 07:30:09 AM »
Ok I am new here so my apologies if this question has been asked a million times. Is there a way  to increase the number of continues on EoSD? I know on games like MoF you can just keep going as much as you want, but 3 Continues or credits just are not enough! I get to Sakuya and she just rips me in two. I am still new to the games however I am playing on hard.

-Thanks 

Re: Continues???? EoSD
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 02:20:58 PM »
I am still new to the games however I am playing on hard.

Here is your problem.

I do not suggest starting EoSD on Hard. Do normal. You can't up the number of continues (and I'd assume you already set it to 5 lives).

I consider myself best at EoSD, and I still can't always 1cc on Hard. So yeah, jumping yourself into Hard w/o much experience with Touhou is a pretty bad idea.

If you want EoSD tips though I'd be glad to help

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 05:40:35 PM »
Truth be told, if you're playing seriously on a difficulty setting where "I don't have enough continues" is an issue, you may want to reconsider doing what you're doing. Start on normal, or even easy if that's what you want (though it's rather mmph in EoSD due to no stage 6), and work your way up to hard mode, at least to the point where you can beat it within the amount of continues you're given.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 06:31:20 PM »
How nostalgic :) It was only half a year ago when I started playing these games. And I started it with EoSD on Hard too (I didn't really play this kind of games before) and had similar problems that I couldn't finish the game with 3 continues. Somehow I still managed to finish it (though it wasn't 1cc) after... one week, I guess.
Would be glad to get help with Touhou Doumeiju ~ Mystical Power Plant Translation Project spellcard comments' translation.