Author Topic: Touhou Rage Thread XVI: Last-Second Clipdeaths Edition  (Read 229882 times)

Re: Touhou Rage Thread XVI: Last-Second Clipdeaths Edition
« Reply #1020 on: January 28, 2016, 06:33:40 PM »
So I was trying out PCB with every shot type, one credit on Normal with each, so as to contribute to the "rank the shot types" thread. My SakuyaB ended Stage 3 with no lives lost, only one bomb used, which is far better than I've ever done before, and considering I haven't touched this game for months as I've been concentrating on MoF, I was feeling pretty damn good. Sure, I knew the whole deal about how people don't like playing Sakuya because she has to face Merlin, but she couldn't be that much worse than the others, could she....?

Oh.

Nolegs the Cat

• >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ. >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ.
« Reply #1021 on: January 30, 2016, 05:42:42 AM »
Recent EoSD lunatic attempt:
Very good up till Books, which was my first death.
Messy second half of the stage - got walled by min rank Koakuma who decided to go way to low on the screen (goddamn it), was too slow on the book + aimed spread + line fairies and had to bomb the part after...

And then came the Patchouli fight, who I don't consider that hard with ReimuA.
Death to Agni Shrine. Fine, I'm not that good at it.
3 bomb clip to second nonspell because I was trying to get power...  :ohdear: but I can still 1cc!
1 bomb clip to Lava Cromlech... well, shit. Okay if I don't capture Mercury Poison I'm restarting.
*clips with 3 bombs on Mercury Poison* ....  :colonveeplusalpha:

Everything was so dumb too! I usually do pretty decently on Patchouli with ReimuA, I usually only die once in stage practice... :fail:

Lollipop

• stay woke
  • literally and figuratively dying
« Reply #1022 on: January 31, 2016, 02:56:10 AM »
i've spent an hour on Pandemonium, i've done around 150 attempts and i've gotten to the final shot 10 times. and died. 
Touhou 1CCS:
Hard: LLS, EoSD(NB), PCB(NB), IN, MoF, TD, DDC(NB), LoLK
Lunatic: EoSD, PCB, DDC, LoLK
Extra: LLS, EoSD, PCB(Extra&Phantasm), IN, MoF, SA, DDC, LoLK
Current Focus: 1cc SA Hard, or an Extra

Mr Jovial

• Commander of the Whale Legion
  • ~Having a whale of a time~
« Reply #1023 on: February 02, 2016, 04:28:52 PM »
Enter stage 6B, only 1 mistake on the entire run (death on stage 3, was before a big PoC which was unfortunate but oh well). Was otherwise really good. Thinking "might be a PB". Cue complete shitstorm:
  • 2nd wave of the enemies spawn complete opposite sides of the screen. Try to position myself to hit both with Yuyuko but get hit by aimed bullets and die.
  • Eirin's non gave me awkward RNG that blocked my route through it so I bombed.
  • Died to Kaguya's 1st non (because I was annoyed at the bad turn of events and got distracted...)
  • Get bad boss movement on Dragon Bullet, had lasers at an awkward angle and got trapped and deathbombed
  • Buddhist Diamond surrounds me with lasers early on, before I can even think about where to move, a star hits me anyway. Another deathbomb.
  • Failed Half Past 4. AGAIN.
  • Rising World trapped me almost instantly (2nd phase, the cyan balls) and failed it.
Easily lost 450m+ a lot of which was just shit luck. Run ended 5.04b. Really pissed because it was a good run up until that. There's reasons I've been playing less and a big one is that I would be getting decent runs (probably about 5.3b usually) but man, Half Past 4 is fucking with me. First thing  I do when I start playing is 10 captures of Half Past 4. No fails in practice today, fail it in the run. And it keeps happening; took an average of the past couple of weeks for that practice and result was exactly 11 attempts for 10 captures. Pretty sure I've failed it in every run in that time though.

This run in particular feels like a giant middle finger because of how badly it nosedived. Oh well. At least I can look forward to failing Half Past 4 next run as well. And every run after that probably. My eventual 6b run will have to be a potential 6.15b because I'm gonna fail Half Past 4...:C