Author Topic: Post Your Artwork Thread V6  (Read 307807 times)

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
Re: Post Your Artwork Thread V6
« Reply #660 on: May 16, 2017, 02:39:22 PM »
Bio mentioned this as well, but the advice to not start with a blank canvas is a very good one. Aside from using differing paper tones, it can also help to doodle on the margins to help 'ease' yourself into the page. Some people find it helpful to do abstract or even random swirls and lines (loose flowing, wide scribbles, really) to help get over the initial hesitancy/block, I happen to be one of these. I think I had an example of this waaay long ago back in my thread... ah yah here it is.

While I haven't been practicing this lately, another good piece of advice I picked up was to promise yourself to commit to the least amount of effort everyday, which is simply picking up a pencil and drawing one line in your sketchbook. The point being, by the time you clear you schedule and mental activity to make room for the practice, you'll already be in the right place of mind to do some drawing no matter how small or little.

And the best way to keep on top of things is to get someone to keep you accountable for this. AAA's kinda dead, but posting in here's not a bad idea if you don't want to find someone irl to do it with.

Oh, but don't get discouraged if you do decide to start posting a lot here and start not getting much responses. It gets a little difficult to comment when the same user posts a lot of content in short intervals. If that happens, then requesting for a response on one specific thing will probably be better than asking for a blanket of critique. Pretty sure there's a couple people around that wouldn't mind receiving the occasional pm for short thoughts.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #661 on: May 16, 2017, 04:27:28 PM »
That's pretty cool actually! Really shows anything can be made from something! Yeah it is kinda dead but I might still post while. I have other places I can post for other responses or I can even as a few of my artist friends to give their thoughts *albeit I don't want to bother then with subpar stuff lol*
Touhou Fugyouseki ~ Nightmare of Sleeping Girl English Patch
I run a crappy YouTube channel, check it out if you wish~

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #662 on: May 17, 2017, 11:25:34 AM »
So I am now mildly curious.
hey i posted stuff before. long time ago maybe.
i don't really post stuff lately though, not even on pixiv.

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
« Reply #663 on: May 18, 2017, 11:28:11 AM »
That must have been really long ago, because I just searched "Alice's" through 68 pages of your messages and haven't found anything.

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

Aoshi-shi

• Back at it again in the Land of Origin
  • maior e longinquo reverentia
« Reply #664 on: May 19, 2017, 06:33:30 AM »
I'm not sure if anyone's said this yet, but another good thing to build up is the ability to just trash drawings. Like the other's said, it's good practice to just get some doodles down onto the canvas and just let loose for a while. However, it's important to keep in mind that doodles are whatever you make of it - small ideas, scribbles, warm ups ,etc.. Opening up a canvas with the intention of cranking out a finished piece just gets tiring after a while, not to mention it puts a ton of pressure on yourself to produce work acceptable by your standards. It's a lot easier to just start over fresh than trying to polish a turd. Plus, you can probably do that same drawing better and faster the second, third, fourth time around.
Art Thread -->
Well gee, I have a Tumblr now.  | Twitter
 What a nice day to complain about mobage!
 |PADherder

Teewee

• In the forest, lazing around...
  • ...building nothing but clay castles.
« Reply #665 on: May 21, 2017, 02:38:31 AM »
Seconded. From experience, I can say that the pressure and tiredness doesn't do anything good for your motivation (especially when you rarely make anything up to your standards). I've also found that a sort of detached attitude makes drawing much more enjoyable, taking away a lot of the sting that comes from things like a line coming out wrong, or finishing a drawing you wish was a lot better.

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #666 on: May 21, 2017, 10:27:38 AM »
Very true, "Repetition breeds familiarity. Familiarity breeds confidence. Confidence breeds success." Thank you everyone!
Touhou Fugyouseki ~ Nightmare of Sleeping Girl English Patch
I run a crappy YouTube channel, check it out if you wish~

« Reply #667 on: June 04, 2017, 04:48:03 PM »
So, I'm kinda new here (Not really, I'm just too lazy to make a account :v ), so can anyone help me with thí one? I can't make the clothes to look like...well, clothes. Thank you in advance. 
http://imgur.com/a/mo8kF

« Reply #668 on: June 15, 2017, 10:19:41 AM »
Hi just gonna drop this here...  :)

https://aghabiyasa.tumblr.com/post/161847766894/

Hope ♦ Metal

• Royal Flares Can't Melt Steel Beams
  • Donald Trump will make waifus real
« Reply #669 on: June 15, 2017, 05:59:24 PM »
So, I'm kinda new here (Not really, I'm just too lazy to make a account :v ), so can anyone help me with thí one? I can't make the clothes to look like...well, clothes. Thank you in advance. 
http://imgur.com/a/mo8kF
I know this is 11 days late, but I suggest looking at photos of people wearing clothes or in real life and try to figure out what's going on with the forms and the light and make some drawings of those, then you can go back and make your art better. It will be better doing it the more boring way because then you can apply it to all your drawings/paintings than just this specific one.

R. P. Genocraft

• Craftsman of absolute unpredictability
  • Boundary of productive and lazy
« Reply #670 on: June 17, 2017, 05:56:52 PM »
Looks pretty awesome!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 04:38:56 PM by GenoCraft »

« Reply #671 on: June 18, 2017, 02:19:33 PM »
So i just (kinda) finish the drawing and another one with Hecatia, What do ya think :v
http://imgur.com/a/T3XdB
The Hecatia one: http://imgur.com/a/nRVTI

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #672 on: June 19, 2017, 06:27:07 AM »
Thought I'd post my lil' sharkgirl here:
What do you think?
My very first thought was that her skirt is exactly wakasagihime's. Maybe there's some OC lore reason for it to be that way, but it certainly isn't a good idea to simply copy the design of another character without context, and even with context. Koishi and Satori are (twin?) sisters but even they have different --if similar-- designs. But I do like the texture effect you created on the shading for her skirt, it looks nice.

I like the overall effect you managed to create with her shirt, the shading on the red parts, it looks pretty convincing. Whether it looks correct or not I can't tell you since I'm not so big on drawing clothes and folds. The collar parts look flat compared to the red part of her shirt, especially the left collar (the one on the right side of the picture). They don't seem to rest on her form. Also they look a liiitle off center.

« Reply #673 on: June 19, 2017, 08:59:26 AM »
I like the overall effect you managed to create with her shirt, the shading on the red parts, it looks pretty convincing. Whether it looks correct or not I can't tell you since I'm not so big on drawing clothes and folds. The collar parts look flat compared to the red part of her shirt, especially the left collar (the one on the right side of the picture). They don't seem to rest on her form. Also they look a liiitle off center.
Thank you for the advice, i have also realized a really biggg mistake on the Hecatia's one: I mess up the plannet on Hecatia's head with her hair color, yet never really notice (Facepalm!  :V), so I fix it. I also messed a lil' bit with the hue and the plannet to created the three version of her.
Earth's version: http://imgur.com/0VPYygw
Moon's version: http://imgur.com/6hna8e4
Hell's version: http://imgur.com/dbiAJX0
I hope you like it. :3

R. P. Genocraft

• Craftsman of absolute unpredictability
  • Boundary of productive and lazy
« Reply #674 on: June 19, 2017, 10:57:06 PM »
My very first thought was that her skirt is exactly wakasagihime's. Maybe there's some OC lore reason for it to be that way, but it certainly isn't a good idea to simply copy the design of another character without context, and even with context.
Well, she IS supposed to resemble Hime, but I guess I exaggerated a bit. Maybe I'll try to change it a bit, thank you.

« Reply #675 on: June 20, 2017, 10:15:08 AM »
It's been raining non-stop over my house, so i feel i need to draw something summer-like to improve my mood... So here's a Kogasa in a swimsuit!
I might want to line it probably in a later time so it's only a sketch for now.  :V
Link: http://imgur.com/a/yd11A

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #676 on: June 20, 2017, 11:26:27 AM »
gooooooooooooooddddddddd
i HATE hands

so here's a draw of one of the playable characters From My New Bullet Hell Game

and here are the hands, specifically:

PLEASE ADVISE

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
« Reply #677 on: June 20, 2017, 12:40:15 PM »
I strongly suggest using references. For example, looking at your own hands to see how they look, or even making a photo of them.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 12:41:53 PM by Delfigamer »

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

pineyappled

« Reply #678 on: June 30, 2017, 05:20:52 AM »
gooooooooooooooddddddddd
i HATE hands

so here's a draw of one of the playable characters From My New Bullet Hell Game

and here are the hands, specifically:

PLEASE ADVISE

Boxes are your friend

(hampton's figure drawing design and invention)

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #679 on: July 02, 2017, 05:31:51 AM »
Boxes are pretty good. So are cylinders, though from experience, starting with more angular shapes that you round off later creates much more visually interesting silhouettes.

« Reply #680 on: July 05, 2017, 11:39:50 AM »
I draw myself a ponytail Marisa, because my fetish isn't gonna draw itself (Should have add glasses tho, because fetish :V)
http://drthumt.deviantart.com/art/Ponytail-Marisa-Sketch-690597221

« Reply #681 on: July 20, 2017, 02:40:38 PM »
I don't know why this place is so quite lately, so here's a short hair Yuugi :flowerpower:
http://drthumt.deviantart.com/art/Shorthair-Yuugi-693700350

Fulisha of Light

• Also known as Felis-Licht
  • Light and Day Aeon ~C☆
« Reply #682 on: September 16, 2017, 09:27:20 AM »
Was depressed last week which made drawing anything difficult. Felt better, and managed to complete this:

Behold! A mandrake drawn in (an attempt at) JynX's style~

Hope ♦ Metal

• Royal Flares Can't Melt Steel Beams
  • Donald Trump will make waifus real
« Reply #683 on: September 16, 2017, 03:45:40 PM »
Cute!

Fulisha of Light

• Also known as Felis-Licht
  • Light and Day Aeon ~C☆
« Reply #684 on: December 27, 2017, 06:50:07 AM »
Did some more revisions of some touhou ocs/fcs I made last year; stage 1 and 2 looked really terrible, so I had to redraw some if not the entire art. I've gotten a lot more confident with Photoshop and drawing with a mouse.

New Stage 1 Boss
New Stage 2 Boss

Older versions of both

The first one is a fairy and the second is an aosaginohi (night heron) :3

There's another I'm thinking of revising as well, but I'm not sure how to go about it; either adjust a few lines or play with some palettes.  ???

« Reply #685 on: August 09, 2018, 03:31:10 PM »
It's my first time posting here, I am a bit nervous ;~;
But here is one of my favourite drawings :)

« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 03:33:09 PM by Shizuko »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #686 on: August 09, 2018, 06:54:30 PM »
That's very nice!  The white sphere on the left is really hard to see, though, it may be a good idea to swap it with, say, the purple one on the right? I dunno if that'd wreck any patterns, though.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #687 on: August 15, 2018, 07:24:26 AM »
woah, a new post in over 8 months

« Reply #688 on: February 09, 2019, 03:37:54 AM »
Uh, I'm new here, but is it okay to send a link to my Pixiv account?
(sorry if i broke any rules) :|

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #689 on: February 09, 2019, 08:52:09 PM »
Sure, though it might be nice to post some of your work alongside it.

(Unless you have tons of/nothing but R-18 content, in which case we do frown upon that here.)
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"