Author Topic: Academy of Hope and High School Students of Despair [Danganronpa Thread]  (Read 26005 times)

Re: Academy of Hope and High School Students of Despair
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2013, 11:22:08 PM »
Spoiler:
"actually i'm an esper, just kidding"

Spoiler:
on blast

oh wait they were made by the same company well shit

now they're really on blast

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2013, 12:12:20 AM »
Evidence bullets? What the fuck are those? Is that how real courts work? What's going on here?
It's a gameplay element where you'd have to shoot down arguments based on the evidence you already have. It's awkward as hell in the anime and doesn't nearly have as much impact as it did in the game where it shattered the screen before moving onto the next phase.

Is there a reason
Spoiler:
Leon didn't just keep the clothes until the next morning
? Also,
Spoiler:
I can't help but feel the fortune teller or Doujin writer would have been better targets
Spoiler:
Leon was panicking about having just committed a murder. I mean, one of the bits of evidence that was cut was the fact that Leon actually cleaned all of the hair in the room as an extra precaution.

Spoiler:
"actually i'm an esper, just kidding"

Spoiler:
on blast
Spoiler:
It's actually Naegi mimicking Maizono. Of course, since we missed a bunch of conversations with Maizono, we only got to hear her say the line once.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2013, 02:54:58 AM »
I play a similar game at my university with a few friends so I'm behind this anime.

Am I supposed to not be wondering things like "Why don't they investigate how the fridge gets refilled (i.e. how food gets into the place)?"
.If there were some rule banning destruction of property, then I'd understand (I'm afraid to go look for the rules myself in case I spoil something... again).
...Ok one more of these: Why are there steel plates covering windows? Are the windows better protected then the walls because... the notion of a window makes the wall inherently weaker?

They never explore the first question.
Destruction of school property is punishable by death. (Don't do it, kids!)
There are steel plates covering the windows so no one can get out.
Spoiler:
Also, so no one can get in.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2013, 08:07:38 AM »
I'm still holding out hope that they skip case 3 entirely. "We had a third case, x was killed (show body) and y was executed (show death)." I do expect them to skip at least one if not two trials just to time crunch it in there. I wouldn't mind if they did that if it meant the next trials they show had more life in them >_>

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2013, 11:22:36 AM »
Wow. Is it that bad? I'm planning to watch it after seeing a bit of the game but I might hold on this one if it's true.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2013, 03:44:30 PM »
I'm still holding out hope that they skip case 3 entirely. "We had a third case, x was killed (show body) and y was executed (show death)." I do expect them to skip at least one if not two trials just to time crunch it in there. I wouldn't mind if they did that if it meant the next trials they show had more life in them >_>

With 13 episodes they can't afford 2 episodes per trial, considering there's more than just trials.

Anime has me a bit disappointed regardless. Hope they at least include the ending where
Spoiler:
Asahina becomes a babymaker machine, producing mini-Naegi, mini-Hagakure and mini-Togami.

pasu

• what are they talking about!
  • medi for 14.5 never ;_;
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2013, 08:39:06 PM »
where
Spoiler:
Asahina becomes a babymaker machine, producing mini-Naegi, mini-Hagakure and mini-Togami.

oh god hell yes please--

i should probably get to changing my sig but im too lazy

art thread / yukkuri quest thread

« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2013, 08:46:30 PM »
Anime has me a bit disappointed regardless. Hope they at least include the ending where
Spoiler:
best girl
i would join her harem
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 09:04:58 PM by Suikama »

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2013, 08:16:56 AM »
~pacing~

Zerviscos

• Infinite Bread Chewing Powers! Activate!
  • Om nom nom nom nom nom*
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2013, 03:56:34 PM »
If they made
Spoiler:
season 2. I can't wait to see Byakuya get fat

Twitter | Steam | Battle.net[Zerviscos#1833]

Re: Academy of Hope and High School Students of Despair [Danganronpa Thread]
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2013, 11:30:29 AM »
Please let people know if your spoiler-tagged text contains information on Dangan Ronpa 2, I want to wait and play it when the translation comes out (>_<)

I finished playing the game with Vhaltz the other day. Here are my thoughts about it:
Spoiler:
While I still get the feeling that Dangan Ronpa is quite a commercial game, I also think it's quite good and I enjoyed it!
I don't really like most of the characters. In fact I think I only like Sakura, she's very mature and a great person (T^T)♥ I think everyone can learn a bit from her.
I liked Celes too until I learned that she wasn't being genuine at all... I thought that she was being sane by repeating that they had to adapt to survive and I thought that's what I'd do in such a situation, but that was just another lie. Still, I enjoyed the Liar Game and Akagi references.
Dangan Ronpa is also quite a predictable game. I expected most of what happened except for a few things, like Chihiro being a crossdresser, Sakura committing suicide (I actually thought that Asahina murdered her) and the background story for the whole academy thing. I hope Dangan Ronpa 2 isn't that easy.
The ending just left me hanging, I wanted to know how society outside there works and what caused it!

Vento

• Playtime is over!!!!
  • TRIGGER WARNING : #2handsome5casuls
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2013, 11:44:07 AM »
genocider reveal not even 3 minutes in christ

Spoiler:
Sakura committing suicide (I actually thought that Asahina murdered her)
Spoiler:
same except that halfway i thought she failed and got asahina to kill her wowe....
Distasteful Tater Elites 1st division

Zerviscos

• Infinite Bread Chewing Powers! Activate!
  • Om nom nom nom nom nom*
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2013, 12:19:13 PM »
Spoiler:
I hope Dangan Ronpa 2 isn't that easy.
Meh...same.

Anyways, good news for Vita users(like myself). They'll be having a remake of Danganronpa, but as Danganronpa 1.2: Reloaded.
Spoiler:
It features both the original and the sequel, and the player can roam from the school to even the island!
What's more is...YOU CAN GO ON A DATE WITH THE CHARACTERS!
And yes, there'll be a NA release.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 12:21:07 PM by En »

Twitter | Steam | Battle.net[Zerviscos#1833]

« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2013, 09:26:06 PM »
jesus dat tongue

oh damn

how am i supposed to not ship mondokiyotaka after that

why are all these characters so silly yet so likalbe
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 03:02:14 PM by Suikama »

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2013, 07:06:54 PM »
I finished playing the game with Vhaltz the other day. Here are my thoughts about it:
As someone who just finished watching case 3 onwards on youtube and is pretty much in the same boat:
Spoiler:
surprise me and say that you found the puppetmaster's identity predictable. I wasn't even close to thinking of that, for some reason - had VLR-like theories about Naegi for the most part, what with the dreams and (at first) the group photo of everyone but him. Was too busy picturing how he'd "sacrifice" himself in the end and be the Actual Culprit, funny and ingenious after case 5. To be honest... I didn't think this was easy - I felt like some of the jumps were too sudden and impossible to figure out "by the way". Notable examples are the glass shard in the poison bottle and the use of fucking chicken blood. Ironically, I expected something like what the background to the game turned out to be from the beginning - consider that there was no sign of any help underway, and that the puppetmaster had unrealistic power over the outside world... unrealistic assuming it was orderly.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 08:02:10 AM by BT »

« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2013, 03:39:06 AM »
when they showed the dead bodies the second time and played the creepy music, syo just walks in like yo im here check out my tongue ahahahaha

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2013, 08:32:15 AM »
How are they going to fit in the rest of CH3 in one episode I wonder?

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2013, 06:51:13 AM »
They'll probably skip the fucking around from the start of the case (no
Spoiler:
'ARE U SURE THERE WAS A DOLLY' bullet time
) and go straight to solving it because this case is really obvious from the start screw you case 3.

Actually they changed it up a little in the anime, so it's not as obvious? I think that's a good thing. At least it will be over quickly!

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2013, 10:01:17 AM »
As someone who just finished watching case 3 onwards on youtube and is pretty much in the same boat:
Spoiler:
surprise me and say that you found the puppetmaster's identity predictable. I wasn't even close to thinking of that, for some reason - had VLR-like theories about Naegi for the most part, what with the dreams and (at first) the group photo of everyone but him. Was too busy picturing how he'd "sacrifice" himself in the end and be the Actual Culprit, funny and ingenious after case 5. To be honest... I didn't think this was easy - I felt like some of the jumps were too sudden and impossible to figure out "by the way". Notable examples are the glass shard in the poison bottle and the use of fucking chicken blood. Ironically, I expected something like what the background to the game turned out to be from the beginning - consider that there was no sign of any help underway, and that the puppetmaster had unrealistic power over the outside world... unrealistic assuming it was orderly.

Spoiler:
Yeah, I thought that the mastermind was Junko before it was revealed (o_o; They gave you lots of hints like Junko's measurements and the fact that there was a corpse less than expected in the Biology Lab, so the creators were practically screaming "IT WAS JUNKO ALL ALONG" (=w=; I had no idea how she did it, though.
Also, it was also obvious that they'd use chicken for some purpose. They counted the amount of chickens there a thousand times, so at least a chicken would disappear, that much was for sure. And why else would it disappear if it weren't for using it's blood? Vhaltz pointed this out before I could (it was the first thing he investigated) so he was the one to realise about it, but I had in mind that there'd be at least one chicken less. I think I'd have reached the counclusion too, but I can't say for sure.

I don't remember what happened with the glass shard, if you remind me I can tell you what I thought about it (>_<) (But as I've said, I wasn't expecting Sakura to commit suicide)

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2013, 12:19:15 PM »
Spoiler:
I never noticed the measurements until it was pointed out, and I thought "a body was missing" due to some bizarre unknown reason. Same thing I assumed had happened with the chicken - I didn't predict the use of chicken blood of all things. As for the glass shard, I mean the one found inside the poison container which proved that the containers weren't switched. It was just an unpredictable reveal.

« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2013, 12:00:02 AM »
so uh

celes confirmed character who gives the least fucks

WBL Studios

• Banned
  • Don't steal his OC ;_;
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2013, 08:24:58 PM »
The only thing I find interesting about the show is the musclebound woman who looks like Akuma.

And thanks to the internet, I know what happens to her.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2013, 12:31:55 AM »
Anyone still watching this?

I've already caught up with the LP at this point as well as the current SDR2 thread, and I'm really wondering how they're going to fit the rest of this into two/three episodes. There's just too much and they'd have to cut SOMETHING out (and I figure they're going to dedicate at least a whole episode to the
Spoiler:
final trial with Junko revealed as the mastermind, because damn that was a long part in the LP...
)

« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2013, 01:45:27 AM »
Still watching. Just keeping out of the thread b/c I have a bad habit of rolling over dem spoilers.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2013, 05:04:21 AM »
Anyone still watching this?

I've already caught up with the LP at this point as well as the current SDR2 thread, and I'm really wondering how they're going to fit the rest of this into two/three episodes. There's just too much and they'd have to cut SOMETHING out (and I figure they're going to dedicate at least a whole episode to the
Spoiler:
final trial with Junko revealed as the mastermind, because damn that was a long part in the LP...
)
I get the feeling
Spoiler:
they'll be able to mesh everything in the final trial segment into one episode anyway. They've surprised me once with the third case already. Consider that ep 12 will probably be the escape + agreement + long and eventful investigation period.

Following DR2 as well. It's cool.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2013, 05:09:37 AM »
I honestly am enjoying SDR2 more than DR itself. I hope it gets an anime adaptation too.

« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2013, 01:11:10 AM »
looks like they skipped the bad end

also dat ladder

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2013, 03:26:27 AM »
looks like they skipped the bad end

also dat ladder

Yeah, we didn't get to see the end where
Spoiler:
Kyouko is executed, Fukawa dies at some point, and Asahina has a baby with each of the remaining guys
. Which is fine, because that's a silly ending anyway. Would have been amusing, though. Maybe they'll make it an OVA episode :V

I will say that I can see how they're pacing it now and I feel a bit better about the upcoming ending. Cutting the investigation so short kinda killed some details, but at the same time, it removed a significant portion of the stupid parts of the trial (
Spoiler:
like having to convince Hagakure that Kyouko wasn't a ghost, etc.
). That, and Kyouko continues to be one of my favorite characters, too. She kinda reminds me of Homura without the horrid abusive streak.

« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2013, 03:29:42 AM »
also ramen hat is best hat

there needs to be a touhou with a ramen hat

although i guess sukuna is close

Jam-Kiske

• i am not witty
« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2013, 11:30:06 PM »
I figured I'd skim through this thread cuz wow Dangan Ronpa is really cool! Though I stopped watching the anime like after chapter 2 cuz oops all my favorite characters are dead by then and really I mostly wanted to watch it to get to actually hear the seiyuu and whatnot. I'll probably just marathon the rest at some point since I'm curious about how they did certain things though of course I figured the pacing would be really iffy as soon as they said it'd only be 13 episodes. Like that's a lot to cram into 13 episodes.

Somewhat relevant since some of you guys are mentioning SDR2, I'd say that's it pretty much better overall than the first game so if you kind of like the concept but aren't super into the first game/anime I'd suggest you stick around for 2 (I figure it'll probably get an anime too eventually right? though I really hope it's longer if it does). Though you can't really just skip to SDR2 sorry, I mean I guess you could but a lot of stuff would make no sense at all...