Author Topic: Which Touhou Game is the Hardest/Easiest?  (Read 66044 times)

vctrz

Re: Which Touhou Game is the Hardest/Easiest?
« Reply #180 on: August 28, 2013, 07:47:12 PM »
*whips out popcorn*

« Reply #181 on: August 28, 2013, 07:57:08 PM »
I've been involved with this circus with this clown for embarassingly long time.
I highly advice that nobody takes what Maze says seriously. Nothing of what he says.

Zil

« Reply #182 on: August 28, 2013, 07:59:32 PM »
But if we're all watching the show, who will be performing?

« Reply #183 on: August 28, 2013, 08:03:13 PM »
*secretly hoping that some clueless shrine maiden will stumble in buy the ultra subtle baiting.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #184 on: August 28, 2013, 08:05:09 PM »

I highly advice that nobody takes what Maze says seriously. Nothing of what he says.
I was going to say that it hardly needs to be said the dude was kidding from Sentence 1 ... but then I remembered how stuff I've posted that I thought was blatantly, obviously comedy was taken totally seriously.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
« Reply #185 on: August 28, 2013, 08:08:35 PM »
*whips out popcorn*
Greedy! Share!
This is gonna be one of thise days isn't it?
But when it all comes down to it, asking which TH game is the hardest or easiest comes down to personal opinion. I mean, I'm pretty sure that out there in the wild, there is someone who thinks SA is the easiest game in history, but they somehow can't finish stage one on PoFV. Since some pople can't take sarcasm here, I'll just state the obvious and say it's a joke It all comes down to how much you know the game really. There are some people who say IN is really easy, but it's kinda hard for me for whatever reason. Meanwhile some people say EOSD is difficult, but I never had problems with it. It only took me 19 tries over 2 day to 1cc it, and I'm not even that skilled of a player.

The nova of the ocean of the cleverness

Tengukami

« Reply #186 on: August 28, 2013, 08:10:37 PM »
Even if it is a matter of opinion, I'm actually with a user poll, if anyone wants to set it up.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

The Real MaZe

• le shitpost trolololo
  • bye
« Reply #187 on: August 28, 2013, 08:13:52 PM »
Ara ara, is that the subtle scent of jealousy that I smell in the air. It's a shame that people can't accept that I find a game that they struggled for so long at to be embarrassingly easy. Really now, there's no shame. I struggle with IN after all. Denial doesn't change the truth I'm afraid.

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
« Reply #188 on: August 28, 2013, 08:15:35 PM »
Ara ara, is that the subtle scent of jealousy that I smell in the air. It's a shame that people can't accept that I find a game that they struggled for so long at to be embarrassingly easy. Really now, there's no shame. I struggle with IN after all. Denial doesn't change the truth I'm afraid.
...No, I'm not jealous. At all. I have better things to get jealous at, like people who make collections of Ferraris and Lamborghinis.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #189 on: August 28, 2013, 08:34:00 PM »
TD is a hard clear for a new player because he's only going to have like 4-5 lives throughout the entire game, and if he dies without bombing (which is completely normal for a new player to do, hell I still see good players doing this) when he has like 6 bombs in stock then it  goes right back down to 2 bombs.

I want whatever version of 10D you have. Man, ZUN made my copy of just as easy as UFO, letting you keep all your bombs after a death.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 08:37:40 PM by Fast Fanatic »

The Real MaZe

• le shitpost trolololo
  • bye
« Reply #190 on: August 28, 2013, 08:45:56 PM »
I want to know what alternate dimension you got your copy of 10D from if it has the potential to be harder than UFO because of that.

On normal mode? I would say TD is definitely harder than UFO. I didn't have the luxury of having 8 lives by time I got to the stage 3 boss in TD. On the harder modes? I never said that it is more difficult than UFO on hard/lunatic.

« Reply #191 on: August 28, 2013, 08:51:59 PM »
On normal mode? I would say TD is definitely harder than UFO. I didn't have the luxury of having 8 lives by time I got to the stage 3 boss in TD. On the harder modes? I never said that it is more difficult than UFO on hard/lunatic.
Of course, you don't need 8 lives if you never die because all of the spellcards in normal mode are trivial and there's spell practice for the 1 or 2 that may trouble you.

« Reply #192 on: August 28, 2013, 08:52:52 PM »

its m a z e time

The Real MaZe

• le shitpost trolololo
  • bye
« Reply #193 on: August 28, 2013, 08:55:25 PM »
Of course, you don't need 8 lives if you never die because all of the spellcards in normal mode are trivial and there's spell practice for the 1 or 2 that may trouble you.

That's some poor logic. I died more in TD than I did in UFO on my normal clears. I can do every single spell on any of the games in normal mode now. Doesn't mean they were trivial when I first started.

Mino ☆

• PCB player.
  • Touhou Hobbyist
« Reply #194 on: August 28, 2013, 08:58:36 PM »
This thread, mang.

This thread...

I better find my way out of this maze.

Ahaha, see what I did there?

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #195 on: August 28, 2013, 08:59:00 PM »
Please see:
Jesus. Let's keep this one a little friendlier, people, no need to get worked up over this kind of discussion.
Tone it down.
Let's fight.

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
« Reply #196 on: August 28, 2013, 09:00:55 PM »
This thread, mang.

This thread...

I better find my way out of this maze.

Ahaha, see what I did there?
Oh, come on man, stay here and enjoy the show that this guy is giving us!

Tengukami

« Reply #197 on: August 28, 2013, 09:03:25 PM »
Remember: ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

The Real MaZe

• le shitpost trolololo
  • bye
« Reply #198 on: August 28, 2013, 09:04:20 PM »
What am I supposed to be toning down?
I merely stated the fact that I've well and truly wiped the floor with UFO. It's not my problem that people cannot deal with that.
I'm being as friendly as possible about it.

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
« Reply #199 on: August 28, 2013, 09:08:28 PM »
Remember: ironic shitposting is still shitposting.
There are a lot of shitposts in this thread then.
But what wasw this thread about again? Touhou games difficulties? yes.
I've already posted my personal opinion here some time ago:
If I were to say, Ten Desires is the easiest on Normal BY FAR. The first time I played it, I litterally lost my first life on Futo, and only because I was almost sleeping at that point. and then I lost all of my continues on Toyosatomimi no Miko because I COULDN'T FREAKIN' LOOK AT THE BLOODY SCREEN. And also, PoFV is pretty easy as well, that is, if the computer feels like taking it easy on you  :V
And the hardest, I really can't tell for sure, because I haven't really played 10-12 properly, (because I have the same problems with these games as I have with Toyota, WHY DOES EVERYTHING HAS TO BE SO SMALL, COLORFUL AND MOVE SO FAST!!! ARGH) but through the little that I played of every single one of the aforementioned, I'd say they are the hardest  :V
But since DDC is out, I'll just say I think it's not that hard. Not one of teh easiest, but not that hard. Seija's novelty runs out kinda fast to me.

« Reply #200 on: August 28, 2013, 09:09:43 PM »
Congrats on passing the resource management exam and excuse the rest of us for taking our time and enjoying our game instead of intensively working 8 hours in two days with no aim but to prove that UFO is a touhou game. Omedetou gozaimasu.

Cor

« Reply #201 on: August 28, 2013, 09:09:56 PM »
What am I supposed to be toning down?
I merely stated the fact that I've well and truly wiped the floor with UFO. It's not my problem that people cannot deal with that.
I'm being as friendly as possible about it.
Verily, you are the magister of dot-dodging. Please share with us more of your profound expertise on the fine art.

The Real MaZe

• le shitpost trolololo
  • bye
« Reply #202 on: August 28, 2013, 09:13:32 PM »
Verily, you are the magister of dot-dodging. Please share with us more of your profound expertise on the fine art.

Hold shift for focused movement.

Congrats on passing the resource management exam and excuse the rest of us for taking our time and enjoying our game instead of intensively working 8 hours in two days with no aim but to prove that UFO is a touhou game. Omedetou gozaimasu.

I dunno, 4 hours a day for 2 days doesn't seem intensive. I can spend hours in spell practice dodging one spell.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #203 on: August 28, 2013, 09:18:46 PM »
Yeah, I think it's time to put this thread out of its misery. In future, people, please don't shitpost or spawn/fuel this kind of rather pointless bickering. It's not appreciated.
Let's fight.