Author Topic: Ace Attorney Investigations II - A Following  (Read 24329 times)

۞RemiliaFan۞

• Demon of Despair
Re: Ace Attorney Investigations II - A Following
« Reply #150 on: September 27, 2013, 04:27:21 AM »

I'm just a fan of Remilia since September 23, 2013

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #151 on: September 28, 2013, 02:40:30 AM »
Spoiler:
There's only one death left, so he probably killed the fake president. We have like.. no evidence it was him but maybe it'll be delayed in the mail!
Best mail ever. XD
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #152 on: September 30, 2013, 12:19:41 AM »
So! I feel like a lot of things in this case are weird and fall apart if you think about it too hard so I'm not going to do that. The Final Confrontation was really short this time but that's fine with me. One thing that did annoy me was the minor character overload. I also felt like Gumshoe didn't get nearly enough focus if they wanted to go for a sort of character development thing. It was like, "hey right, it's Gumshoe, literally forgot about the dude and whatever is going on in his head" and this is coming from a Gumshoe fan.

Let's see how they wrap things up though I think we can start summarizing at this point.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #153 on: September 30, 2013, 05:02:56 AM »
Spoiler:
HOLY SHIT GUMSHOE GETS A RAISE! HAPPY END!

The ending did feel a little anti-climatic. Like, they said pollen, and it felt like.. that's it? It's over? No bullet in his insert area, no secret wound, the last bad guy ALWAYS has a secret wound! The expected showdown was a little short too, but at least that's understandable, it's not like they wanted to stick around. All in all it was an interesting game. Maybe they were overcompensating for the.. extended ending to the last game? MY EXTRATERRITORIAL RIGHTS ARE TOO POWERFUL TO LET THIS GAME END!

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #154 on: September 30, 2013, 08:56:08 AM »
Maaaan, was Edgeworth thinking about having a family near the end? Now I totally want baby prosecutors everywhere.

Despite everything this game would probably have been more fun to play through than the first. Probably. At least I'm left with that impression right now.

Quote from: dowolf
Four months.
312k words.
160 videos.
32 hours.
5 cases.
1 Miles Edgeworth.
And this guy. Did he really do this alone? It's really mind-blowing.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #155 on: September 30, 2013, 02:14:26 PM »
So! I feel like a lot of things in this case are weird and fall apart if you think about it too hard so I'm not going to do that.

This is more or less true of every case in the series, so <_<

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #156 on: September 30, 2013, 10:22:21 PM »
Spoiler:
HOLY SHIT GUMSHOE GETS A RAISE! HAPPY END!
It's like the entire series was leading to this moment.

Quote from: Shadoweh
The ending did feel a little anti-climatic. Like, they said pollen, and it felt like.. that's it? It's over? No bullet in his insert area, no secret wound, the last bad guy ALWAYS has a secret wound! The expected showdown was a little short too, but at least that's understandable, it's not like they wanted to stick around. All in all it was an interesting game. Maybe they were overcompensating for the.. extended ending to the last game? MY EXTRATERRITORIAL RIGHTS ARE TOO POWERFUL TO LET THIS GAME END!
That was kind of what I wanted to say when BT mentioned the minor character overload in this case.  In AAI's last case it's like every last person individually gets a chance to present evidence against the bad guy.

This time around, it was more like
Spoiler:
"...bah, screw it.  Yes, I really -did- do it.  Let me be smug about how you can't do anything about it."
  The last confrontation could have probably dragged out a lot longer than it did.

Quote from: BT
Maaaan, was Edgeworth thinking about having a family near the end? Now I totally want baby prosecutors everywhere.
Most of the overtones in the last update were homoerotic, I'm sure <_<

Also, dat PW-baiting.  They very deliberately missed a chance to include his voice clip.

Quote from: BT
And this guy. Did he really do this alone? It's really mind-blowing.
That's right.  Somewhere in the comments, he said that he considered working on the translation project, but by doing it all himself he had 100% creative license.  Seems worth it.

I kind of agree with BT.   This would probably be more fun than AAI, but all of that spoon-feeding meant that the player interactions were more a break from reading than a decision to be made.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #157 on: September 30, 2013, 11:35:23 PM »
Finally finished AAI so I'll be starting on this now. Looks like the translation here just finished so that works nicely!

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

« Reply #158 on: October 01, 2013, 05:03:37 PM »
not directly related but ACE ATTORNEY FIVE DEMO IN THE NINTENDO 3DS ESHOP RIGHT NOW GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT

Edible

« Reply #159 on: October 01, 2013, 05:12:55 PM »
One skillup :v

« Reply #160 on: October 01, 2013, 05:16:21 PM »
You skilled up your Phoenix Wright? :V

Edible

« Reply #161 on: October 01, 2013, 05:17:11 PM »
Oh my god wrong thread why ;_;

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #162 on: October 01, 2013, 07:32:21 PM »
not directly related but ACE ATTORNEY FIVE DEMO IN THE NINTENDO 3DS ESHOP RIGHT NOW GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT
Related to unrelated things: voice acting.

« Reply #164 on: October 01, 2013, 09:13:10 PM »
>at the very end of the demo is a
Spoiler:
very brief shot of Edgeworth

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Spoiler:
also Pearl... but no Maya? :o