Author Topic: You Know You're Addicted To Touhou When ... Vol. 8 Imperishable Night Edition  (Read 218562 times)

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
I casually told my US History teacher last year in World History that I liked Touhou music.

One year later (and being in her class again), it's come back to haunt me with here trying (and failing) to find actual Touhou music from the game's. It took until I told her to specifically search for something then she finally played some actual touhou music.

save me from this hell
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
Why'd she fail? Was all she found remixes?

Boomer

• Lifeless Energy
  • Attributes and weaknesses are the same.
When you want to make changes in your life based on the influence of some of the characters.  For example, Sakuya and Alice inspired me to become more active and productive, and Patchouli played a role in fueling my passion for science and learning.

Also, does anyone here have advice as to how I can get my brother into Touhou?  At the moment, he is rather narrow-minded when it comes to the story/characters and I want to show him otherwise.
I just know what I know...

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
Why'd she fail? Was all she found remixes?

First thing she found was ZUN's most repeated melody!  I recognized it because I watched the video before. I think all she did was look up "ZUN music" and found it.

She also did say that she looked for the titles with the most English. She also found some remixes/ZUN-like original songs that I have never heard of.

It took until a few days ago when I asked her to look up "legacy of lunatic kingdom ost" that she finally found some full Touhou OSTs (specifically LoLK's).
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

When you constantly dream about beating bullies at school with spellcards. :P

Boomer

• Lifeless Energy
That is a scary thought.  What if the victims had spellcards instead?

When you shove the entire Touhou soundtrack from 1 to 15 onto your mobile phone.

I did that few weeks ago. Now I rarely use Youtube anymore (except for fighting game soundtracks, not found good archives yet~).
Took only 2.47 GB
Unforunately they were not extended ;_;

Lollipop

• stay woke
  • literally and figuratively dying
lol i was playing pokemon crystal an i named my character, my rival and all my pokemon after touhou characters  :V (even the males)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 03:10:39 AM by Lollipop »
Touhou 1CCS:
Hard: LLS, EoSD(NB), PCB(NB), IN, MoF, TD, DDC(NB), LoLK
Lunatic: EoSD, PCB, DDC, LoLK
Extra: LLS, EoSD, PCB(Extra&Phantasm), IN, MoF, SA, DDC, LoLK
Current Focus: 1cc SA Hard, or an Extra

LawfulInsane

• Lurker and poster
  • PLATES
These several weeks have been getting warmer, but there has been a sudden cold spell for about three days.

I imagined Lily White and Letty Whiterock fighting for control over the weather.

On another note, my class was working with Keynote and we made a bunch of animations with it, saving them in a common folder. Mine was full of fire animations.

I named it "mokotan".
I have the tendency to call everything from my side of the world "Eastern" (with the characters in "Touhou", I'm Chinese).

When you see fireworks, and the first thing that comes into your mind is "DANMAKU".

And, if there's Touhou music playing in your mind indefinitely at any time everyday. Yes, even when sleeping.
Lunatic 1CCs: PCB, IN, PoFV, HSiFS
Extra: All except PC-98.

Oh hey look I can do DNH scrips.

Boomer

• Lifeless Energy
Re: You Know You're Addicted To Touhou When ... Vol. 8 Imperishable Night Edition
« Reply #1000 on: January 25, 2016, 05:53:19 PM »
And, if there's Touhou music playing in your mind indefinitely at any time everyday. Yes, even when sleeping.

So true.  I watched gameplay of HRtP yesterday and now I can't get Strange Oriental Discourse out of my head.  Playing that song while you're working on something is cool though because it feels like a montage.

CenturyEgg

• Gentle older sister types are the best!
    • My world cosplay account
Re: You Know You're Addicted To Touhou When ... Vol. 8 Imperishable Night Edition
« Reply #1001 on: January 26, 2016, 02:02:18 AM »
You look at normal fashion and keep thinking which touhou character would look nice wearing it. It gets even worse when you see clothes with a specific theme and you start getting ideas for costume redesigns.

That and my cosplay plans are 95% touhou

« Reply #1002 on: January 30, 2016, 10:55:39 PM »
I was just on a TF2 server, and there was someone named Kleine. I misread it as Kiene.

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
  • I don't give a damn about rules...
« Reply #1003 on: January 31, 2016, 12:14:29 AM »
Playin' a random Multiplayer game on Japanese server, drops down the player list,
Fujiwara no Mokou is number 1 on enemy side with 50+ kills,

With the excuse of her using her powers to get such position, I vote kicked her. Everybody accepts. (for the lols)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 01:04:15 AM by Hannibal_Kills »

A Hellcat went down the Hell's Highway after the Battle for Caen, "Byou". - Hannibal

Hikarin

• 別に意味はない。
  • 本当にメイドですね。。。
« Reply #1004 on: January 31, 2016, 02:19:28 AM »
First post :3

Anyways, I needed a background for a no JavaScript website I was making, and no matter what I looked for, I always came back to simple, tileable armies of Horai Dolls...

PADherder <3 Updated 8/13/2017!

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
« Reply #1005 on: February 03, 2016, 12:19:00 PM »
So my phone today says "weather unavailable". Because I have Tenshi as my background, that kinda worries me.

Boomer

• Lifeless Energy
« Reply #1006 on: February 03, 2016, 02:41:12 PM »
You don't live in any areas prone to earthquakes, do you?

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
« Reply #1007 on: February 03, 2016, 06:09:16 PM »
Nah, I think my area had a minor earthquake once but it was negligible.

Abraham Lincoln

• Mendelssohn for President 2016
  • Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #1008 on: February 05, 2016, 04:06:44 PM »
When you love drawing non-cute girl things as cute girls.

Chirumiru-chan

• Destitute shrine maiden
  • Yukkuri shiteitte ne!
    • Megagaga
« Reply #1009 on: February 05, 2016, 10:27:21 PM »
I saw the word "reincarnation" in History Class. I thought of Mima.
Anytime I see the word "patchouli", I think of Patchouli Knowledge.
Basically any time tengu or oni or kappa are brought up, I think of Aya, Suika, and Nitori.
I'm always excited to meet people who know of Touhou.
⑨-chan
1cc: PoDD Rikako (Easy), PoDD Marisa (Easy), LLS Reimu (Easy)

« Reply #1010 on: February 06, 2016, 12:07:16 PM »
I think that when you have a solid 10GB+ of music that is almost all Touhou arranges, yeah. Touhou addict for sure. :3

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
« Reply #1011 on: February 06, 2016, 03:00:01 PM »
I'm always excited to meet people who know of Touhou.
True dat.

jester147

• Touhou, Rhythm Game, JRPG fan
« Reply #1012 on: February 06, 2016, 03:11:08 PM »
When Touhou music is your only music of choice.

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
  • I don't give a damn about rules...
« Reply #1013 on: February 07, 2016, 01:02:52 AM »
When you still post here for no apparent reason at all...

A Hellcat went down the Hell's Highway after the Battle for Caen, "Byou". - Hannibal

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #1014 on: February 07, 2016, 04:27:39 AM »
When you still post here for no apparent reason at all...
Especially when 1000 posts is supposed to be the cutoff point.