Author Topic: You Know You're Addicted To Touhou When ... Vol. 8 Imperishable Night Edition  (Read 218549 times)

When you start getting graze points in other games, and IRL.
checkFINISHED checkFINISHED checkFINISHED
checkcheckcheck FINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHED
checkcheckcheckcheckcheckcheckcheckcheck
FINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHED
<Die The death>! <Sentence to death>! <Great equalizer is The Death>!

I played Etrian Odyssey 3. I went to the sixth stratum and started mining. First item I got was Star Sapphire.
Extra stages cleared : EoSD, PCB, PCB Phantasm, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
When you listen to UN Owen Was Her? as you watch fireworks. Happy 4th of July!
My fanfics: Touhou Wrecks X!
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness
I made this cool matrixy eye:

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
When you start getting on the bus and start traveling to a lot of places, you start to feel like Koishi.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

yorgje

• I couldn't resist being a dumbass!
    • STGrillz: Touhou streams etc.
Oh man I'm so glad that this thread is titled the Imperishable Night edition, because, well, okay using the correct format:
You know you're addicted to Touhou when you're head over heels falling in love with a video game.
Okay so it sounds far fetched, but you have to hear me out. I mean, I was always particularly attracted to Imperishable Night in particular (I think I had about 200 play hours in it when I checked last week), but I knew something was wrong when I woke up day after day with drool on my track pad and midi kagome kagome blaring in my ears. I mean, I've stayed up all night playing other games before, including other Touhou games, but the difference is, I usually stay up. I never fall asleep playing games, because the intrigue of the gameplay forces my mind to stay extremely active. However, with IN, I feel like my relationship has transcended the gameplay. Sometimes when I grind, I'm not even paying attention to where I'm going or how many lives I'm losing, but I just enjoy the company of the game, and looking at the beautiful patterns left by star items when I die, and listening to the beautiful strains of ZUN's compositions pouring through the speakers, and I just want to hold and caress it all day. When my wrists get too tired to grind anymore, I go to youtube and listen to every arrange of every single track in the game. I don't even like over 95% of them, but I listen to all of them all the way through regardless because it's related to the love of my life. Every night I go to bed thinking about her. Unfortunately, she's not mine alone, and in fact, many others are much better than me at playing with her. But I've even masturbated while watching superplayers play her, using extremely fine control to do completely unreal things with her state space. Ahh~ it's just so erotic! I've taken to kissing her good night every time I quit the game, and I've also edited her launch script so that my computer displays a fortune every time I wake her up, as though she had a dream where all she can remember upon awakening is some absurd phrase or profound lesson that she immediately wants to share with me. Once I wrote her a 10 page love letter in the form of lyrics to all of her songs, but she hasn't responded yet. Which is okay, I can wait. I will save myself forever for the love of my life. Maybe she's uncomfortable since I always ogle her. But I'm sort of socially inept, so I can't think of any other way I could interact with her. Oh man, I hope my past actions haven't irrevocably destroyed any possibility of relationship. She truly is the most beautiful game I have ever encountered, and I will literally kill myself if she doesn't reciprocate my love. Well, no, I won't literally kill myself, my heart will simply break of its own accord and no one but you all will know the cause of my tragic death.

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
"Dude I need a good song for a boss battle in a tabletop RPG I'm running can you help."

* Toyosatomimi No Sacchi immediately opens up Chaos Angel's channel

Happened pretty recently too.

Also when over 80% of the songs of your own RPG are Touhou Arrangements.

When you play some other games where you dodge stuff, including lasers, and you keep thinking "Where the fuck are my Graze points??"

When an AWOL firework causes you to try to deathbomb IRL.

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
I woke up at around 1:50 in the morning, and when I turned on the lamp on my bedroom, it didn't worked. I decided to turn on my Xbox (the first one) to see if the house still had electricity and it worked just fine.
I really don't know why, but my mind instantly tough: "Be careful, Flandre wants to kill you..." Even tough this kind of situation fits Nitori much better.

The nova of the ocean of the cleverness

CyberAngel

• Retired
When, tired of playing Touhou for the result and deciding to play something relaxing, you end up playing Touhou anyway.

When you go into the swimming pool and try to splash and dodge water.
I do this every time I go into the swimming pool.
Currently a normal player

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
I was cutting my hair today unlike our friend Tenkugami and I was listening to Touhou music while it was happening well that and a few punk rock songs that you guys probably aren't interested in.

Mordon

• Bunny Lord
When you hold down a button trying to fly in other fighting games. I had a really hard time getting used to Arcana Heart's homing system because of this.

Was playing Fire Emblem Awakening and unlocking Supports in my log while maxing out stats for people for some of the harder DLC maps.  So I'm doing the characters Miriel (a scientific scholar) and Kellam (a knight who has a knack for vanishing and not being noticed).  By the time they got to Rank A (the third Support for a pair, and the last you can access if one of the two is already married) Miriel posed a hypothesis for why she sees him better now and why people don't see him that made me think of Koishi's lack of being perceived...

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
Hmmm... When you wonder if Kaguya was insane enough/bored enough/HAD ENOUGH FREE TIME to play through the ENTIRE GAME of Blue Spheres

Well, there goes 5 years.
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness

I set my phone background to a picture of most of the touhou characters, and a certain speedy tengu happened to be right under the camera app. I laughed harder than I should have.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
So, I was waiting at the bus station and decided to walk around and went to the middle of the station. Saw a painting of a CERTAIN  flower on the ground and went in my head "I wonder if Miko is spying on Florida?"

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
A few days ago I was at a store, and there was a woman that really reminded me of Seiga, she had the same haircut as her and she wore a blue dress.
But that's where the similarities end. She was REALLY obese, she wore glasses and her face was covered in zits.

Kenchiwa

• Youkai Into the Wall of Dark
At Yankee Candle in the Paramus Park mall, I saw a candle named "Patchouli". I wanted it.
in the corner with a can of Raid, curled up in the fetal position, sucking their thumbs.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
When you sit in a coffee shop (Starbucks) and start to look around hoping one of your favorite Touhou characters come in.

This little exchange happened on Skype.
[7:16:43 PM] Juubi Neion: Let's all live in a lovely cemetery!
[7:17:12 PM] Regret Desiderium: You're Staking Your Life on a Prank here.
[7:17:58 PM] Juubi Neion: Well as long as you don't cross the Border of Life with me, we should be fine.
[7:18:24 PM] Regret Desiderium: Will we take The Sealed Cloud Route?
[7:18:52 PM] Juubi Neion: Only if we can go see The Fires of Hokkai.
[7:19:29 PM] Regret Desiderium: That's quite An Unpopular Location.
[7:20:25 PM] Juubi Neion: I do prefer to listen to the famous Phantom Ensemble.
[7:21:21 PM] Regret Desiderium: Oh, don't they play that in The Capital City of Flowers in the Sky?
[7:21:48 PM] Juubi Neion: Yes, just outside the Ancient Temple.
[7:22:49 PM] Regret Desiderium: Is that like the Youkai Temple?
[7:23:17 PM] Juubi Neion: No, that place was where the Great Fairy Wars took place.
[7:24:37 PM] Regret Desiderium: During The Centennial Festival for Magical Girls?
[7:25:25 PM] Juubi Neion: Yeah, but they were Deaf to All But The Song.
[7:26:11 PM] Regret Desiderium: At least there's a Riverside View.
[7:26:48 PM] Juubi Neion: Yes, but will that be our Fate in 60 Years?
[7:27:36 PM] Regret Desiderium: Tomorrow will be Special, Yesterday was Not.
[7:28:20 PM] Juubi Neion: Well as long as we don't have to pass the Venerable Ancient Battlefield...
[7:28:41 PM] Regret Desiderium: Wait! Did You See that Shadow?
[7:29:11 PM] Juubi Neion: Isn't it that Beloved Tomboyish Girl?
[7:29:45 PM] Regret Desiderium: What's that Lunate Elf doing here?
[7:31:01 PM] Juubi Neion: Is she visiting that Shanghai Teahouse?
[7:31:23 PM] Regret Desiderium: She should Beware the Umbrella Left There Forever.
[7:32:33 PM] Juubi Neion: Well, she is a Tiny, Clever Commander.
[7:33:53 PM] Regret Desiderium: Oh look, an Unexpected Visitor!
[7:34:55 PM] Juubi Neion: I hope she's from a Rigid Paradise.
[7:35:38 PM] Regret Desiderium: I can't tell from here, but it looks like Futatsuiwa from Sado.
[7:35:52 PM] Juubi Neion: Is she our True Administrator?
[7:36:37 PM] Regret Desiderium: Do you think she's some kind of Infinite Being?
[7:37:48 PM] Juubi Neion: Probably only on the Flowering Night.
[7:38:09 PM] Regret Desiderium: You have a Plastic Mind, you know that?
[7:39:11 PM] Juubi Neion: It probably comes from listening to the Septette for the Dead Princess.
[7:39:40 PM] Regret Desiderium: The Lunatic Princess?
[7:40:15 PM] Juubi Neion: Yes, the one who reads the History of the Moon.
[7:40:58 PM] Regret Desiderium: Speaking of which, there seems to be an Invisible Full Moon today. I wonder why that is.
[7:42:02 PM] Juubi Neion: It might be because of all the Mooned Insects about.
[7:42:51 PM] Regret Desiderium: Or maybe it's because of  the Awakening of the Earth Spirits?
[7:43:28 PM] Juubi Neion: As long as the Heian Alien doesn't get angry, it's not a big problem.
[7:45:01 PM] Regret Desiderium: Be of Good Cheer, Juubi. It's not like she's the Last Remote of a Nuclear Fusion reactor.
[7:45:53 PM] Juubi Neion: I guess, but I should be heading to that Maiden's Illusionary Funeral, where the Ultimate Truth will be revealed.
[7:46:44 PM] Regret Desiderium: A funeral? Doesn't seem like the Usual Days anymore. Or is this some Ridiculous Game?
[7:47:45 PM] Juubi Neion: Well, someone extracted Retribution for the Imperishable Night from her.
[7:48:24 PM] Regret Desiderium: I just hope there won't be any Crimson in the Black Sea.
[7:49:12 PM] Juubi Neion: If there was, we'd have to prepare to engage in a Dream Battle.
[7:50:48 PM] Regret Desiderium: So, when's the funeral? At the End of Spring? Or maybe the End of Summer.
[7:51:32 PM] Juubi Neion: It'll take place today, seeing as Our Hisoutensoku just fell.
[7:51:59 PM] Regret Desiderium: Maybe it's an Unfound Adventure waiting for us!
[7:52:40 PM] Juubi Neion: Yeah, I can't think of anything to go forth with this,
[7:53:00 PM] Regret Desiderium: So, you're raising the White Flag of Usa Shrine?
[7:53:32 PM] Juubi Neion: Only since we can't find out Who Done It.
[7:54:16 PM] Regret Desiderium: U.N. Owen was Her.
[7:54:44 PM] Juubi Neion: Ah, but is that your Native Faith telling you that?
[7:54:54 PM] Regret Desiderium: Please. Faith is for the Transient People.
[7:56:13 PM] Juubi Neion: Then how do you explain the Broken Moon?
[7:56:50 PM] Regret Desiderium: I checked my Lunar Clock. Turns out it's just a new moon.
[7:57:54 PM] Juubi Neion: I just hope the people in Plain Asia won't be affected...
[7:59:09 PM] Regret Desiderium: Well, as Night Falls, the Charming Domination won't affect them.
[7:59:44 PM] Juubi Neion: And the Wind God Girl?
[8:00:17 PM] Regret Desiderium: Still on The Youkai Mountain.
[8:00:50 PM] Juubi Neion: I'm glad I don't have to worry about my Candid Friend.
[8:04:18 PM] Regret Desiderium: Hey, what's that up there? The Floating Object in the Sky.
[8:05:03 PM] Juubi Neion: It appears to be the Voyager 1969.
[8:05:17 PM] Regret Desiderium: Don't you mean the Voyager 1970?
[8:05:58 PM] Juubi Neion: Either, if you like. It's as if we're seeing Bhava-Agra Through a Child's Mind.
[8:06:32 PM] Regret Desiderium: Isn't there a Catastrophe in Bhava-Agra happening?
[8:07:24 PM] Juubi Neion: On this Eastern Night?
[8:07:47 PM] Regret Desiderium: Yeah, I think it was caused by The Tiger-Patterned Bishamonten.
[8:08:28 PM] Juubi Neion: Damn, I can't think of any other themes to use.
[8:09:00 PM] Regret Desiderium: I always figured you had a Cosmic Mind.
[8:09:59 PM] Juubi Neion: *concedes defeat*
[8:10:23 PM] Regret Desiderium: Don't worry, it's not the World's End or anything.
[8:11:05 PM] Juubi Neion: I guess. Shall I sing the Lullaby of Deserted Hell as we retire?
[8:12:00 PM] Regret Desiderium: What do you mean? Are you having Another Dream?
[8:12:36 PM] Juubi Neion: (seriously where are you finding all these themes to use  so fast)

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
This little exchange happened on Skype.
*huge exchange*

WHAT. THE. F***. WOW. That... that... just how!?

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
I restarted playing Forza Motorsport on the original Xbox. I desperately want to relearn how to put custom music in it, so I can replace the massively out of date playlist on it with my new one, just so I can listen to Touhou songs  :V

WHAT. THE. F***. WOW. That... that... just how!?
I have no idea. Addiction does things, I guess.  :derp:

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
  • I am still here. Sometimes.
When no matter what you try to tell yourself, you still keep on thinking Kagu from Okamiden is younger Reimu.

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark

"Cast a Spell"
"You got Touhou in my Saints Row" was my first reaction.

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
  • I am still here. Sometimes.
You are not Touhou addict when you name your player character in Pok?mon Conquest Murasa because you couldn't name him/her Muramasa. You are Touhou addict when you keep calling him/her "Captain Murasa"

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
I was on the bus today and I sat behind a chubby girl who had Byakuren's hair color except for the bottom part was black.

My reaction in my head: GAWD DAMN IT I WANNA SEE THE REAL BYAKUREN!!!!  :(

Edit: Oh yes I forgot to mention on the way home, Kogasa got mad at me for not sharing Butter Croissants from Starbucks and decided to pour rain on me fun times. Luckily, I had an umbrella on me so, epic fail.  :P
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 11:16:46 PM by MewMewHeart »

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
I was in an Anime Con yesterday. I explored every single cubic centimetre of that place and I found absolutely NOTHING Touhou related. I am dissapoint Actually I'm not, I used my money to buy alot of K-on stuff instead

ShiroiMahotsukai

• White Mage with a Twist
I was reading a Sherlock Holmes story (forgot which) in which Holmes says to Watson that "This has become an incident" I associate the term with Touhou so much I spent the next minute wondering why this wasn't a crossover and where the Miko was.

Typing  this makes me want to cross Touhou over with Sherlock Holmes.
"The eyes are the windows that let us gaze upon the soul"