Author Topic: You Know You're Addicted To Touhou When ... Vol. 8 Imperishable Night Edition  (Read 217864 times)

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Continuing our daily struggle to maintain sanity in a boring world of Things Not Gensokyo ...

You know you're addicted to Touhou when you avoid cutting your hair because it's the perfect length for cosplaying one of your favorite girls without having to buy a wig.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Zoriri

• Danmaku Trainee
You know your addicted to touhou when your watching a commercial and you swear you hear "Shanghai Alice of Meiji 17" in the background music.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
When "SA" has become synonymous with Subterranean Animism, and causes tons of confusion when talking about Sonic Adventure.
My fanfics: Touhou Wrecks X!
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness
I made this cool matrixy eye:

ShiroiMahotsukai

• White Mage with a Twist
When on your third playthrough of Persona 3 you start mentally replacing personas with appropriate Touhou characters.
"The eyes are the windows that let us gaze upon the soul"

We were shopping for flower seeds today at work (we have a greenhouse) and when we were on the sunflowers I kept thinking of Yuuka.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
When you were up until 1 AM RP'ing as Rumia and then had a Touhou related dream for the first time in like forever.
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness

When your IRC friend's RP names are Aya and Ran and you immediately think of Touhou, even though she doesn't know  a thing about Touhou

Blue

• aaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • aaaaaaaaaaaa
When your main method of finding good music/artists is looking up Touhou arrangements.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
I took the time to read this thread among all things. :V

Anyway, TH is the first thing I fell for more than a year, I have been in the hole for twice that aforementioned time. And the absolute longest which I've felt for anything never exceeded this 360 days limit. I actually feel pleasantly surprised when I am still interested in purchased TH merchandise in our local annual anime con.....

>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
When you actually have read all 8 volumes of this thread, and have been contributing since Vol. 6.

Also, when you have another Touhou dream out of what starts as a dream of youtubers. As in, throw my clarinet case back at someone, go looking for it later, find that Star Sapphire has it for some unknown reason, then she challenged me to a game to get it back. What... the... hell.

LadyScarlet

• Too lazy to make this a gif right now
  • Still scumming for a good pull
When your thought process goes something like this:
A long time ago...
"Hmm. So Level-5 will be releasing a new game. I hope it gets released in North America. Oh, it's called Youkai Watch? I should look into this!"
A few minutes later
"Intriguing. Touhou also stars youkai, doesn't it? Time to come up with my newest mental-game-that-I-will-never-get-around-to-making, Touhou Watch!"
"Time for replacements! The boy main character will be Reimu, despite opposing genders! The ghost butler will be Yuyuko! And her cat companion will be none other than Chen! Now I just have to wait for more youkai to be announced to come up with suitable replacements!"
And that is how my second-latest twisted fan creation came to be.
My Youtube Channel. I mostly upload Hisoutensoku videos.

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
You know you are addicted to Touhou, when you are playing TopSpin 3, and you imagine how cool it would be if it had Touhou characters in it. Only to realise seconds later that it would be silly, because if anyone would ever make a Touhou tennis game, the last thing in the world it would look like would be a SIM. If it had, it would probably look alot more like Mario Tennis Power Tour.
And also, a few weeks ago, I saw a car that the license plate had FJW in it. I instantly tough of Fujiwara.

(Also, FIRST POST, YAY! I be so excited. But, I'm not new to Touhou, neither to internet forums, nor internet forums that aren't in my mother language! But, I am still thrilled to have joined this community.)

The nova of the ocean of the cleverness

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
Watching a "Top 300 internet memes" video, you get pissed off at the "Ran Ran Ru" meme. However, it's a pleasant surprise when the Reimu "Night of Nights" video makes the list. Number 2 is a Touhou meme too.

Number 2 is the one with ObnoxiousDouche trying to coerce Chen into rolling over. It's hilarious, but just like... WHY?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 01:08:57 AM by Cybeast710 »

an unmatched sock

• Um...what's this?
  • Should I be concerned? I think I should be concern
First, I was reading a book of four-word movie reviews. When I got to the reviews on the film Spirited Away, the last one on the list was "Alice-san in Wonderland". Yeah. You can guess what comes to mind.

Next, on the drive home, I saw a restaurant...or pub...or something...called Momiji. The color scheme was a bit off, but it was still called Momiji.

Maths ~Angelic Version~

• Aspiring Mathematician of Brilliant Laziness
I was enjoying the show Disney Dreams and thought "hey, these fireworks look like danmaku" at least 15 times.

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
When you play the games for so long that you don't go to sleep until 1:30 AM. That happened to me last night.
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

When your grandmother mentions her neighbor named Kanako and you almost choke to death on your tea.

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
I was looking into my playlist, and the name of one of my musics was "A FLOCK OF SEAGULLS - I RAN"
After playing Touhou, I CAN'T look at the title of this music and keep a straight face.
BTW, if you played GTA Vice City, then this music is no stranger to you. And if you never heard of this music before, then find a way to listen to the full 5 minutes version
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 10:00:18 PM by FamilyTeam »

The nova of the ocean of the cleverness

When on your third playthrough of Persona 3 you start mentally replacing personas with appropriate Touhou characters.
Just got Portable, and I've been doing that to every character. =<.<= Dammit Yukaris!
checkFINISHED checkFINISHED checkFINISHED
checkcheckcheck FINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHED
checkcheckcheckcheckcheckcheckcheckcheck
FINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHED
<Die The death>! <Sentence to death>! <Great equalizer is The Death>!

when u are walking in the street at night and staring at the moon for no reason

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
When you're walking in the rain and all of the sudden the downpour gets heavy and go "Damn it Kogasa!"
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

I made some Touhou Cards Against Humanity cards.
checkFINISHED checkFINISHED checkFINISHED
checkcheckcheck FINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHED
checkcheckcheckcheckcheckcheckcheckcheck
FINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHED
<Die The death>! <Sentence to death>! <Great equalizer is The Death>!

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
When you listen to Touhou songs so much, you can instantly tell what game their from, what stage, and who's theme it is.
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Zoriri

• Danmaku Trainee
When you read "Nutella" as "Nuetella". :V

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
Night of Nights is now my running song. The pace is at exactly 5.5 mph if I want to keep moving to the beat,

Kingault

• Insert witty description here.
You're watching the latest RuneScape BTS video for the hell of it, and then suddenly you see a [urlhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=HNshs8-s3MU#t=101s]Reimu Hakurei plush[/url], of all things, and experience a massive shock.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
When your head is full of Touhou songs.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Juubi Neion

• The Mage Forsaken by Time
  • Let me see... NO.
You watch Fireworks and judge how hard they would be as danmaku.

Blue

• aaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • aaaaaaaaaaaa
When your phone is running out of space because of all the Touhou arrangements on it.

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
  • Spin like there's no tomorrow
When literally the first thing that comes to your mind as you wake up is a Touhou song

like Lunatic Princess

get out of my head kaguya
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs
Despite the name, it's mostly 3D models.

My fanfics.