Author Topic: Your Luckiest Moments in Gaming  (Read 28034 times)

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
Re: Your Luckiest Moments in Gaming
« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2009, 10:37:30 AM »

With more reinforcements from both above and below, was diminished to

This lonely pair of cavs retreating to the fort to regenerate their HP

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

MarisaKirisameX

« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2009, 07:18:32 AM »
I have usually one, in every fighting game I play

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2009, 01:18:14 PM »
I now remember than in my first KoL Ascension, when fighting the Naughty Sorceress, I brought my Cocoabo. The fucker got three straight Limit Breaks (Mind you, the first thing the NS does is halving your familiar's effective weight) getting me quickly to the second fight.

Kunai-kun

• Sakuya the Combat.....Butler?
« Reply #63 on: July 22, 2009, 08:05:13 PM »
When I beat my friend's Remilia in SWR.

He's one of the best Remilias in Mizuumi(Pono).

Chainsaw Guitar

« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2009, 05:17:58 AM »
Got into a really intense fight with this Ragna online. We were on the final round and both of us had 20% of our health remaining. I was doing Jin's mash C and he IB'd it into his Astral!. Luckily, the start up invulnerability frames wore off just before his attack launched and my mash C (which was still going) stuffed it. After that he rage quit, so I don't have the replay to prove it... :'(
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 05:25:40 AM by Chainsaw Guitar »

An Odd Sea Slug

• Not here, but not really there.
  • Only the best.
    • You can save the world by clicking this link!
« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2009, 08:08:15 AM »
I got one myself. I was playing Dystopia earlier tonight. We were the Corps, they were the Punks. My team was rushing toward a Jack In Point, trying desperately to stop the enemy from killing our Decker. I was playing as a Heavy, equipped with the Basilisk. As we ran into the tiny junction room, I ran out of ammo and was promptly gunned down by an enemy Medium along with a teammate. However, he was killed a few seconds after I had died by my Spider Grenade.

Thing is, I deployed said grenade completely on accident. I had been trying to switch to my hydraulic punch. I literally said "From beyond the grave!" out loud as it happened. I couldn't help but laugh as the poor bum's body was blown in half.

Another thing: The Spider Grenade's explosion somehow managed to NOT hit any of my still-alive teammates.

dustyjo

« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2009, 12:13:12 PM »
I was the luckiest person at a gaming tournament a few weeks ago, I went home with 1 of each prize.

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2009, 09:39:17 PM »
I was the luckiest person at a gaming tournament a few weeks ago, I went home with 1 of each prize.

How the heck do you manage THAT?
IceStage * + Aqua Navi, BN1-BN3 = Odd Idea
IceStage * + Aqua Navi, BN4-BN6 = Bad Idea

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2009, 09:49:36 PM »
PLayin Castlevania: DoS Boss Rush, was going up against Aguni and I needed Yoko's Ice Needle to fuck up the firey fucker.

Problem is I was getting my ass kicked and everything I did was going wrong horribly, I was still getting hits though, at least trying to. Came down to me having at least 91 HP left and right before Aguni could crush poor little Yoko with that big ass hand of his I stuck a Ice Needle in'em and he died.

I shit you not, that's exactly what happened.
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

dustyjo

« Reply #69 on: July 29, 2009, 10:23:40 PM »

How the heck do you manage THAT?

Played 3 different games, got 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #70 on: July 29, 2009, 11:24:23 PM »
On my very first day playing guild wars I got 3 white dyes from random drops. Each is worth about 5K gold and, just so you can get an idea, that's about what you spend when making a set of ultimate armour. The gold limit on your character is 100K so, yeah. Shit's worth a lot, especially if you're just starting.
rofl bye

« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2009, 01:19:22 AM »
I was playing Call Of Duty 4 on my Xbox and I was playing with my friends on Search And Destroy. I was sniping and defending one of the bomb sites when my entire team dies one by one straight after the other. We had already killed two of their team but then it was 4 vs 1, so I went searching for the other team when this guy with an ak74u pops out of nowhere, and I get a lucky no-scope on the guy, then another one appears and I get a no-scope headshot, I run into a building and no-scope one other guy when I see the last man on their team run past the door and I pull out my pistol and kill the guy.

It was cool.

Also, Vile the same sort of thing happened when I started playing GW as well, So I've got loads of dyes I need to sell.

« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2009, 04:34:38 AM »
Back when I was playing a lot of CS(maybe 6-7 years ago?) I would always play on on pub serv where people were really good, some of them were in the best teams at the time. Everyone died on my team and I was up against 5 dudes. They were all coming from the CT spawn in dust2, so I jumped in front of them with my AK and sprayed bullets at them. And I won after headshoting all 5 of them. I took a screenshot of it but I can't find.

This happened pre-steam so it was probably CS 1.2 or 1.3 or something. I had similar cases but it was more skill based than luck since it was not with uber players. Anyways, I stopped playing CS. CS Source sucks and 1.6 is ugly, there are better games now like CoD4.

« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2009, 11:23:58 PM »
Yeah, it's a Touhou one. But extremely relevant, since it was my first (and currently only) Lunatic 1cc.

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4013

Watch the second last wave of Res. Butterfly.

ABSOLUTE.
PURE.
LUCK.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

dustyjo

« Reply #74 on: August 10, 2009, 08:08:55 PM »

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2009, 12:23:37 AM »
There was a time I vaugely remember when I hacked Megaman Battle network 6 to fight three copys of Gregar (A final boss) at once. There was a glitch with him though if you didn't kill all of them in a single attack the screen would go white until you selected chips in the custom menu again. That time I was playing the battle 2 of them ended up with more HP than one and I happened to kill that one with the other two still alive. Completly blinded I got hit by several attacks and knew I only had like 1 HP left. I managed to get the custom menu open and still blind I chose two chips at random. They where both Cure 120 Chips. Needless to say I was happy at the time.

dustyjo

« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2009, 10:04:49 AM »
Just finished a Preview Lap in Burnout Dominator (which I just got) with 0.4 seconds left on the clock.