Author Topic: Touhou 14 - 東方輝針城 ~ Double Dealing Character (Demo)  (Read 430732 times)

Kimmachinima

• Yes I can bend fire
  • Just not that important.
Re: Touhou 14 - 東方輝針城 ~ Double Dealing Character (Demo)
« Reply #900 on: August 10, 2013, 02:51:39 PM »
A newbie question: SakuyaA's bomb does something or it's just buggy? I'm really confused about that, because I've seen no pratical effect of it in-game.

Thanks~

wow such red themes

Imosa

• Any sufficiently advanced technology
  • is indistinguishable from magic
« Reply #901 on: August 10, 2013, 03:12:00 PM »
Please do not talk about piracy. You should support ZUN by buying his games so he can get more beer! so he can continue making the games!
Fixed. Seriously though, I doubt touhou pays too many of the bills. Slightly less seriously though, the beer directly leads to the making of games.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #902 on: August 10, 2013, 03:15:55 PM »
Please do not talk about piracy. You should support ZUN by buying his games so he can get more beer! so he can continue making the games!
also because Don't Talk About Piracy is one of the big forum rules
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #903 on: August 10, 2013, 03:44:44 PM »
Where did you see piracy in his post? Not all people live in Japan. Those who don't - download games from online shops. Is this wrong in any way?

Actually, I haven't noticed by this moment that forum has premoderation. Thus it's really strange why the post was even shown, then deleted and the quotes of some guys later didn't. I guess some person feels better playing the king? A king of paranoid captchas (implying registration and posting)...

Quwanti

• Pixel stuff
« Reply #904 on: August 10, 2013, 03:46:01 PM »
A newbie question: SakuyaA's bomb does something or it's just buggy? I'm really confused about that, because I've seen no pratical effect of it in-game.

Thanks~
It clears the bullets around here, but not the whole screen. Then a "timer" starts (a big circle around Sakuya), which when disappears grants her 3 bomb pieces. During that time she can be hit, but can't die. It will only autocollect all the items.

« Reply #905 on: August 10, 2013, 03:59:36 PM »
Yea, basically sakuya's A is pretty overpowered since it somewhats let you double dip the bomb.. not as overpowered as marisaB forever-lasting bomb though!

« Reply #906 on: August 10, 2013, 04:34:24 PM »
Where did you see piracy in his post? Not all people live in Japan. Those who don't - download games from online shops. Is this wrong in any way?

ZUN doesn't distribute digitally; I'll let that answer your question.

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
  • I am still here. Sometimes.
« Reply #907 on: August 10, 2013, 04:52:13 PM »
Maybe its just me not bothering to check it out, but since you people say the game comes out during the last day of COmiket, when IS the last day of this year's Comiket? I guess it doesn't matter that much, as unless its tomorrow, I will probably be at school when the first footage/screenshots come out.

TheTeff007

• Best Touhou 2015!
  • So much cuteness...!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #908 on: August 10, 2013, 04:58:32 PM »
I recall that when Ten Desires came out, the wiki already had their names at the very least at 11:00 PM (Mexico Time, at least)

So... if history repeats itself, tomorrow around that time should happen that as well (Which is... umm...36 hours from this post)
Small Teaser of my upcoming project~

No need to call me Teff007. Teff will do just as well~

Drake

« Reply #909 on: August 10, 2013, 09:21:34 PM »
Actually, I haven't noticed by this moment that forum has premoderation. Thus it's really strange why the post was even shown, then deleted and the quotes of some guys later didn't. I guess some person feels better playing the king? A king of paranoid captchas (implying registration and posting)...
i like the passive-aggressive pokes showing through the guise of "didn't read the rules lol", good job please continue

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #910 on: August 11, 2013, 01:56:49 AM »

Thanks~
I realize this was already answered, but I think it was a little vague, so I'll also explain it.

When you use SakuyaA's bomb, it clears a few bullets around you and auto-collects items (and does fail spells, unlike SA MarisaC's similar bomb).
If you're hit within a certain amount of time after that, it clears all bullets and auto-collects items again.
If you're not hit within that time, you recover 3 bomb parts (meaning you only spent 5/8 of a bomb).

So SakuyaA's bomb can give you two bullet clears for 1 bomb, or one for 5/8 of a bomb, The trade-off is that it does no damage.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 02:02:38 AM by Karisa »

Formless God

« Reply #911 on: August 11, 2013, 02:01:22 AM »
How long will it take for Jaimers to perfect Stage 6 this time?

Giratina93

• The Great Titan of a Lost Realm
  • Behold, the Dark Lord of Distortion sees all
« Reply #912 on: August 11, 2013, 02:20:20 AM »
How long will it take for Jaimers to perfect Stage 6 this time?

Judging from his perfect run of Ten Desire's Stage 6... if the games around the same level of easiness as TD, then within 24 hours of getting it. But if it's as hard as Stage 3 leads up to believe... It may take him a little while.
Why... why must weak humans destroy their world? Why can they not preserve that which they see so dear to them? Why must all life perish before immortality?

« Reply #913 on: August 11, 2013, 02:38:39 AM »
It better take him a while. We need a hard game after last time!

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #914 on: August 11, 2013, 05:22:56 AM »
Considering spell practice it'd probably take less than a day whatever it turns out to be.

EthanSilver

• Lunatic Programmer
  • Got squid, will travel.
    • Ethan Silver's Junkpile - Hacks and translation patches
« Reply #915 on: August 11, 2013, 05:28:26 AM »
When you use SakuyaA's bomb...
In addition, Sakuya A can "death-bomb" during her bomb to cancel out (most) bullets hitting her for free (ie, hitting "bomb" as a bullet hits you will "eat" up the bullet rather than making you lose the bomb's effect). Try it out with the autobomb patch for a good example. Some bullets don't seem to be cancelable though, such as lasers.

Latest works
The Strongest

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #916 on: August 11, 2013, 03:22:38 PM »
So, when is estimated leak start time? I want to know how early I need to sleep.

« Reply #917 on: August 11, 2013, 06:43:04 PM »
So, when is estimated leak start time? I want to know how early I need to sleep.

Let's see, it's almost 4 AM at Comiket at the time of this message. So I'd wager around 12 hours.
check http://vsoft.life/ for runs & creations
latest stream: Hollow Song of Birds Hard 1cc (OrangeReimu) @ https://youtu.be/eDFd4FHEjXg

Zakari

• This loli contains Autism
  • Autistic Loli
« Reply #918 on: August 11, 2013, 07:22:03 PM »
 9 hours before the actual release.

once it is already noon, TH14 new characters will be revealed!
musical youkai might be stage 4 boss, stage 5 boss might be the mirror youkai, stage 6 boss might be the girl who wear a bowl hat.
ex-midboss might be mamizou, then who will be the extra stage boss?

now i`m off to bed and see what`s gonna happen?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 07:23:37 PM by Zakari »

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
  • I am still here. Sometimes.
« Reply #919 on: August 11, 2013, 07:34:46 PM »
Hopefully the leaks come before 9 a.m. where I live (UTC +3 those who wonder my timezone).

Mino ☆

• PCB player.
  • Touhou Hobbyist
« Reply #920 on: August 11, 2013, 07:39:42 PM »
DDC HYPE!  ;)

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #921 on: August 11, 2013, 07:41:12 PM »
I'm looking forward to spending 8 hours of lectures refreshing. (not really)

Burcaresti

• Doll Judgement
  • Your Judgement Day has come at last!
« Reply #922 on: August 11, 2013, 07:49:48 PM »
Calling bets right now. I'm going to guess what their abilities are :3

Stage 4 boss, if the music loli, has the ability to make music come alive and beat the crap out of Reimu/Marisa/Sakuya

Stage 5 boss (I've already stated this) has the ability to animate objects.

Stage 6 boss has the ability to control will.

I have no idea what the EX-Boss is supposed to do. It's like impossible to guess by what's going on in the game.

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #923 on: August 11, 2013, 08:10:48 PM »
In addition, Sakuya A can "death-bomb" during her bomb to cancel out (most) bullets hitting her for free (ie, hitting "bomb" as a bullet hits you will "eat" up the bullet rather than making you lose the bomb's effect). Try it out with the autobomb patch for a good example. Some bullets don't seem to be cancelable though, such as lasers.
I saw your post about that earlier, and tried it but almost never managed to get it (and I have significantly higher than a 50% rate at consistently deathbombing in MoF). It doesn't seem exploitable non-TAS without getting lucky, even if you deliberately ram bullets. I think it might be a frame-precise glitch.

Monkeypro257

« Reply #924 on: August 11, 2013, 08:19:43 PM »
Does anyone have any ideas to which spell cards seem to make the most sense to having an Overdrive difficulty?

« Reply #925 on: August 11, 2013, 08:25:44 PM »
I'd lol if Kagerou's final spell got an overdrive, holy shit would that be unimaginably hard.

Also really hype for this!

Darkness1

• Nothing to see here.
  • Enigmatic, isn't it?
« Reply #926 on: August 11, 2013, 09:07:29 PM »
I would guess that the rebellion ability and "object animation" ability belongs to the EX and final boss each.
Spoiler:
HYPE

Kingault

• Insert witty description here.
« Reply #927 on: August 11, 2013, 09:11:22 PM »
I'd lol if Kagerou's final spell got an overdrive, holy shit would that be unimaginably hard.

Also really hype for this!

Is the return of Last Words possible?
Hoping for those so there would be more unique spells, and another song due to Last Words having their own theme.

« Reply #928 on: August 11, 2013, 09:12:02 PM »
Hype indeed. I'll probably wake up at 8 just to slap F5 and watch the game explode in slow motion across the internet.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 09:14:55 PM by not ZUNs wife »
check http://vsoft.life/ for runs & creations
latest stream: Hollow Song of Birds Hard 1cc (OrangeReimu) @ https://youtu.be/eDFd4FHEjXg

« Reply #929 on: August 11, 2013, 10:31:20 PM »
Does anyone have any ideas to which spell cards seem to make the most sense to having an Overdrive difficulty?

Selflessly requesting ALL OF THEM!

I can think of 6 spells already that could use a challenge-adding makeover.  :V