Author Topic: Touhou 14 - 東方輝針城 ~ Double Dealing Character (Demo)  (Read 427953 times)

Re: Touhou 14 - 東方輝針城 ~ Double Dealing Character (Demo)
« Reply #1170 on: August 12, 2013, 01:29:32 PM »
Life as a giant seems pretty hard :(
And wow, Shinmyoumaru's theme is amazing, and I love how the same melody plays on stage 6, her fight and the ending.

By the way, apparently you can unlock Extra even if you 1cc the game on Easy :V Slip-up on ZUN's part?

Mayson

• The future... A new age!
« Reply #1171 on: August 12, 2013, 01:32:30 PM »
By the way, apparently you can unlock Extra even if you 1cc the game on Easy :V Slip-up on ZUN's part?
Fairie Wars had that, too. He probably does it whenever he deems the normal mode too hard.

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
« Reply #1172 on: August 12, 2013, 01:51:47 PM »
I see a tool has already been posted. In any case, here's the modified .exe files, and a tiny program that can change any .exe and .dll to Windows XP compatible.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=E04D86FB0C8F489C!130&authkey=!AEJIgBSXBh64QSA
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

« Reply #1173 on: August 12, 2013, 01:58:11 PM »
Also, what's with the bug of sometimes getting locked in moving in one direction...?  It happened in the demo, and it's still around...  The only way to resolve that is to exit the game entirely...

Thanks in advance!
Actually I am not sure if there is any way to resolve that... This bug has happened to me in every single Touhou game since EoSD and still does...
Blog updated: 14.11.2011
Twitter

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
« Reply #1174 on: August 12, 2013, 02:05:28 PM »
It happens in all the Windows games?  Never ran into them until this one...

SatorKoi57

• Dark Blare of Fire!
  • "YOU WA BAN" Sucks :P
« Reply #1175 on: August 12, 2013, 02:08:06 PM »
I posted a comment on critz's video.
It got thumbed down because I was "talking shit" about the Stage 6 boss being a loli.
Watch as I sneak up behind this forum!

« Reply #1176 on: August 12, 2013, 02:12:14 PM »
It happens in all the Windows games?  Never ran into them until this one...
Well, to me it has happened... Usually if I leave the game paused for long time.
Blog updated: 14.11.2011
Twitter

« Reply #1177 on: August 12, 2013, 02:18:10 PM »
Also, what's with the bug of sometimes getting locked in moving in one direction...?  It happened in the demo, and it's still around...  The only way to resolve that is to exit the game entirely...

It's not a problem with the games, it's because some computers can't handle many keypresses from certain keys at a time. There's a tool to remap keys, which helps a bit.
check http://vsoft.life/ for runs & creations
latest stream: Hollow Song of Birds Hard 1cc (OrangeReimu) @ https://youtu.be/eDFd4FHEjXg

« Reply #1178 on: August 12, 2013, 02:22:03 PM »
It sounds similar to what I experience sometimes under Wine if I leave the game that long that auto OS lock activates. If I unlock it and try to play, every ~10-15 second I get a control lock (I can't control my character who will fly the same direction before I lost the control) for several seconds so I have to restart the game.
Would be glad to get help with Touhou Doumeiju ~ Mystical Power Plant Translation Project spellcard comments' translation.

« Reply #1179 on: August 12, 2013, 02:26:29 PM »
Well, overall this game satisfies me.  It's colorful, if not a bit of an odder feel.  However, all the characters have flair, and hits the right notes.

wailofthebanshee

• Go away for a bit.
« Reply #1180 on: August 12, 2013, 02:30:17 PM »
I'm liking this a lot more than the last two.

« Reply #1181 on: August 12, 2013, 02:32:41 PM »
I was going to say:
"Inb4 the stage 2 boss is the shikigami of the Extra boss who is the shikigami of the Phantasm."
But then everything was revealed way too fast. I only left for some hours.
I really like the extra boss. That beer drum looks nice.
Currently a normal player

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #1182 on: August 12, 2013, 02:35:18 PM »
Since the game is now out and character hype has cooled a bit since they've all been revealed, I'm going to lock this thread and create another.  Please watch warmly etc.