Author Topic: Touhou 13.5 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade - I'm hopelessly in love  (Read 464713 times)

Just tried to work this out again and failed again. I guess I don't know which buttons I'm supposed to be using. Here's a screenshot of my character select screen, if someone can tell me exactly which button to push for each player that will probably fix my problem.

Like I said before, the game recognized the same controller. You can see that both showed Gamepad 0. It doesn't matter which profile you used or any settings you changed.
The game recognized the P1 first and then P2. So just press any button on the gamepad that you want to be used by P1, after that press a button on another contoller or keyboard  that you want to be used by P2.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 12:16:33 PM by monhan »

Does anyone have the problem with Nitori's spell in story mode? It seems I can't use spell after playing 1-2'

Does anyone have the problem with Nitori's spell in story mode? It seems I can't use spell after playing 1-2'
Not entirely sure what you mean by "1-2'", but you're probably running out of energy. Nitori's gimmick is that her abilities are strong, but she uses up energy for them which only recharges between rounds. In story mode, the fights aren't split up into rounds, so she never recharges until the next opponent. You just have to conserve.

Edit: Wait, are you playing as or against Nitori?

Not entirely sure what you mean by "1-2'", but you're probably running out of energy. Nitori's gimmick is that her abilities are strong, but she uses up energy for them which only recharges between rounds. In story mode, the fights aren't split up into rounds, so she never recharges until the next opponent. You just have to conserve.

Edit: Wait, are you playing as or against Nitori?

Thank you.  I was run out of energy, that explains why I can't continue to use spell

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
  • Profile Loading... Please Wait Warmly.
I think she's playing AS Nitori.

Tip: Only use your heavy spells during spell cards, focus on melee when it's a non-spell card.

commandercool

• alter cool
As I already said to you, you need to configure your profiles, you bound both of your profiles with your gamepad, so it's logical that you control both of the players when you press keys.

You need to configure your profiles to make one of them display "Keyboard" and the other one "Gamepad".

On your screenshot, between both of your profile names, it's written in japanese "C or Pad2: Move to the submenu.".
So, if you press C or one of the main keys of your gamepad, you'll open a submenu where you can directly choose your profiles, edit your decks and modify the input bindings and configure everything you need to quite easily, without leaving the character select screen.

I personally don't have a gamepad, so I can't assist you more, but I hope you'll manage to make it!

Oh, okay. I misunderstood the "move to submenu" part and thought that was what I had to use to select a controller, then was confused when that kept bringing up the menu. That makes this a keybinding thing probably related to Xpadder, as opposed to a problem of selecting the correct controller like I thought it was. I think I can fix it from here. Thank you.

PS [unrelated] :  don't forget to update your game to 1.03 ( ̄ー ̄)

I'll get around to it. I downloaded the update, but I haven't figured out how to apply a patch while in Japanese region mode yet so it will involve restarting my computer several times.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Lunasa Prismriver

• Poltergeist Violinist
  • Himorogi, Burn in Violet
It seems Kokoro can be unlocked in vs. mode but I have no idea how. If someone knows ...
The only that I have is that video from Youtube where we can see clearly Kokoro selectable and playable in vs. mode.

It seems Kokoro can be unlocked in vs. mode but I have no idea how. If someone knows ...
The only that I have is that video from Youtube where we can see clearly Kokoro selectable and playable in vs. mode.

As explained here, download this modified (spoilery) score.dat and replace your own score.dat with it.
Make sure to leave a backup of the old score.dat though, this version of it might revert/alter some of your story mode progress to easy mode completion!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 11:36:44 PM by Marukyu »

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
Oh god my combo video was featured in Shoryuken

This is pretty awesome. Though I have much better combos to try out so after I make my tutorial video I'm gonna work on a second combo video :V

I got my hands on the translated 13.5 endings and Koishi's in particular made me sad.

Spoiler:
"The Human Village

The number of humans who have lost their emotions started to increase. It's an ephemeral mania: they become depressed in an instant. From within this gloomy human society though, there is one ray of hope. That is Koishi Komeiji.

Marisa: "I give up! This is my loss!"
Koishi: "How weak~"
Marisa: "I just can't read your attacks. Not to mention the whole peanut gallery is on your side."
Koishi: "Yay! I was praised~ I wonder who my next opponent is~"
Kokoro: "I'll defeat you this time!"
Audience: "What? Who? A new challenger!"
Koishi: "Yay! Anyone's welcome!"
Marisa: "Wh- What are you?!"
Kokoro: "Fufufu, I've trained for this. It won't go like last time!"
Koishi: "I've got hope you know! Like I could lose!"

Their duel was hard fought. The word of the great war between these two great youkai spread from person to person. Soon enough Kokoro obtained a new mask of hope. Although it was only a small sprout, it will surely grow into something large.

At the same time the original mask of hope was losing its power. If she lost her hope, she would surely return to being someone no one could notice. Like a pebble on the road."

Re: Touhou 13.5 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade - I'm hopelessly in love
« Reply #1000 on: June 15, 2013, 12:48:48 AM »
Oh, do yo now?  Could you please share?  I was incredibly curious to see how the endings went so this would be so helpful! 

« Reply #1001 on: June 15, 2013, 01:07:59 AM »
Oh, do yo now?  Could you please share?  I was incredibly curious to see how the endings went so this would be so helpful! 
Check your PMs

Top-First
Bottom-Last
Ichirin and Futo (near the same time)
Nitori
Koishi
Marisa
Reimu
Byakuren and Miko
Mamizou
Kokoro

Ichirin's and Futo's stories leads into Byakuren and Miko's stories.
Both Nitori and Koishi's endings tell that the whole "festival" is still going on. Koishi's makes mention that the number of despairing humans is increasing so it must take place during the early stages of the incident.
Marisa is where it get iffy. It says
Spoiler:
"The festival atmosphere can no longer be seen, and everyone is silently doing their jobs. Although they seem busy, their overflowing excitement can also be felt."
Which leads me to believe that it's in the end-game stages of the incident.
What makes me place Reimu before Byakuren and Miko is that Reimu is still searching for the mask of hope. Miko makes the mask (or attempts to), which most likely gave Reimu no need to search.
Miko and Byakuren's stories for sure take place near the end. They outright state that the duels are over.
I don't have to explain my placement for Mami and Kokoro as Mami's leads into Kokoro's which is the epilogue for the game.

What do you guys think?

TheTeff007

• Best Touhou 2015!
  • So much cuteness...!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #1002 on: June 15, 2013, 01:33:28 AM »
Oh... may I ask for the endings too? I finished the stories after I saw Kokoro on hopes on unlocking her. Needless to say, it didn't work -_-u
Small Teaser of my upcoming project~

No need to call me Teff007. Teff will do just as well~

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #1003 on: June 15, 2013, 04:02:11 AM »
Played quite a few games earlier with a few people. Had a few minor issues with controls, but got them ironed out as they came up. Didn't notice any major bugs, but we did have two different instances of people getting 100% popularity. One of them led to the guy botching his last word and losing because his popularity dropped, which was kind of funny.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

« Reply #1004 on: June 15, 2013, 05:30:45 AM »
What do you guys think?
I think everything happens in the order the stories are unlocked. However, the scope of the incident ebbs and flows in response to the endings of other characters. That just makes the most sense to me, and seriously why in the world would it be written any other way? There is literally no reason to tell the stories out of order. Also, Kokoro's reactions to things changes depending on what's happened to her earlier (ie: she's way more aggressive against Reimu and Marisa, etc).

For reference, I'm the one who made these translations and if you're using my files I should have numbered them so they appear in the order they're unlocked. That's basically the order I think it happens in. I also edited the wiki to list their story routes in this order because I think it's important for them to be presented in the same way the game does. Which is:

Reimu and Marisa: They have no real clue what's going on and nothing gets resolved.
Miko and Byakuren: They actually resolve the incident, albeit temporarily.
Futo and Ichirin: They happen immediately after/during Miko and Byakuren. This is referenced within their routes.
Koishi and Nitori: Kokoro is regressing because Miko and Byakuren's solutions are merely temporary. They offer new, unusual solutions.
Mamizou: She notices that Kokoro is still having problems despite everyone saying they solved it.
Kokoro: Happy ending.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 05:40:20 AM by Clarste »

« Reply #1005 on: June 15, 2013, 07:37:53 AM »
Clarste's story layout is exactly what I had in mind too.

I would like to add that the story during the route and the story in the ending can come in at different times. For example, Futo's ending comes before Miko's ending, but her route is either during or after Miko's route.

On an unrelated note, what's up with Taoist faction and SPARKLES.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 07:40:54 AM by aquamarin »

HyperGumba

• Substitutional Immortality
  • Touhou MUCK's PR Person or something
« Reply #1006 on: June 15, 2013, 07:38:49 AM »
Oh, I'd like to request the endings, too. I am incredibly curious about the Taoist side myself, and I've never seen them anywhere.

Clicking the signature leads you to our flash-based web client! ~ Here is some extensive info on TM! ~ I also have a Tumblr now!

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #1007 on: June 15, 2013, 07:57:41 AM »
Also requesting the endings here, please.

« Reply #1008 on: June 15, 2013, 08:32:50 AM »
I think everything happens in the order the stories are unlocked. However, the scope of the incident ebbs and flows in response to the endings of other characters. That just makes the most sense to me, and seriously why in the world would it be written any other way? There is literally no reason to tell the stories out of order. Also, Kokoro's reactions to things changes depending on what's happened to her earlier (ie: she's way more aggressive against Reimu and Marisa, etc).

For reference, I'm the one who made these translations and if you're using my files I should have numbered them so they appear in the order they're unlocked. That's basically the order I think it happens in. I also edited the wiki to list their story routes in this order because I think it's important for them to be presented in the same way the game does. Which is:

Reimu and Marisa: They have no real clue what's going on and nothing gets resolved.
Miko and Byakuren: They actually resolve the incident, albeit temporarily.
Futo and Ichirin: They happen immediately after/during Miko and Byakuren. This is referenced within their routes.
Koishi and Nitori: Kokoro is regressing because Miko and Byakuren's solutions are merely temporary. They offer new, unusual solutions.
Mamizou: She notices that Kokoro is still having problems despite everyone saying they solved it.
Kokoro: Happy ending.

Aahh, I never bothered to think of Kokoro regressing. Thank you (not being sarcastic or anything).

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #1009 on: June 15, 2013, 11:51:46 AM »
I would like the ending translations too, if that's doable.

On an unrelated note, what's up with Taoist faction and SPARKLES.

You wish you were this fabulous.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #1010 on: June 15, 2013, 12:39:39 PM »
I wish ending translation too. :D

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #1011 on: June 15, 2013, 01:23:10 PM »
All you need to know about Miko's is that she makes a new mask of hope for Kokoro.

Yes, it's THAT mask.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #1012 on: June 15, 2013, 02:44:15 PM »
I got my hands on the translated 13.5 endings and Koishi's in particular made me sad.

Spoiler:
"The Human Village

The number of humans who have lost their emotions started to increase. It's an ephemeral mania: they become depressed in an instant. From within this gloomy human society though, there is one ray of hope. That is Koishi Komeiji.

Marisa: "I give up! This is my loss!"
Koishi: "How weak~"
Marisa: "I just can't read your attacks. Not to mention the whole peanut gallery is on your side."
Koishi: "Yay! I was praised~ I wonder who my next opponent is~"
Kokoro: "I'll defeat you this time!"
Audience: "What? Who? A new challenger!"
Koishi: "Yay! Anyone's welcome!"
Marisa: "Wh- What are you?!"
Kokoro: "Fufufu, I've trained for this. It won't go like last time!"
Koishi: "I've got hope you know! Like I could lose!"

Their duel was hard fought. The word of the great war between these two great youkai spread from person to person. Soon enough Kokoro obtained a new mask of hope. Although it was only a small sprout, it will surely grow into something large.

At the same time the original mask of hope was losing its power. If she lost her hope, she would surely return to being someone no one could notice. Like a pebble on the road."

That is depressing indeed

I was kinda hoping for permanent development and all but now it's hopeless

:(

(PS: I would like the endings too)

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #1013 on: June 15, 2013, 03:48:36 PM »
Err... I'm trying to resist asking for the endings even though I've beaten everybody except Kokoro's Normal storymodes.
@Hinacle: I feel bad for Koishi...  :ohdear:
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

« Reply #1014 on: June 15, 2013, 05:18:01 PM »
All you need to know about Miko's is that she makes a new mask of hope for Kokoro.

Yes, it's THAT mask.

Kingault

• Insert witty description here.
« Reply #1015 on: June 15, 2013, 07:15:12 PM »
I would like the translated endings as well.
Thanks!

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #1016 on: June 15, 2013, 07:47:05 PM »
Would you look at that? 1,016 replies.

Time to lock!

Whoever wants to make the next thread, feel free.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."