Author Topic: Touhou Fantasy - Advent Cirno  (Read 7250 times)

Touhou Fantasy - Advent Cirno
« on: November 10, 2013, 01:50:29 PM »
Hey! So many Touhou fans of Advent Cirno have probably been thinking if this project would of ever been picked up again by someone else... Well it has... By me! =D

I loved the doujin of Advent Cirno so much that I wanted to make a doujin game of it. Sadly the fan made manga was stopped and the previous game project was stopped a long time ago. I am here to bring it back. I haven't really thought of a story as of yet, but I want to follow the doujin manga story and continue its story where it stopped.

At the moment I am making the sprites for the characters. Currently I am still making Advent Cirno sprite
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn10/Callammutton/AdventCirnosHead_zps0fd22432.png

Wondering why Lacroa Advent Cirno sprite kinda looks like mine? 0,o  Lacroa artwork had a big influence impact on mine. =D

So yeah... I want to form a Doujin group aka team! I need Artists (Don't really care if the artwork is professional or not), Music people and lastly... A scriptwriter (knowledge in C++). I would like to sell this fan made game for a cheap price, though I don't know ZUN's policies on that kind of thing. It would be great if one of you guys tells me his policy on selling Doujin games.

Yes I am also accepting of fan ideas aswell that could be integrated into the game.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 09:27:27 AM by ZeroIndex »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: Touhou Fantasy - Advent Cirno
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 09:56:18 PM »
Welcome to the forum. While I cannot offer any help, I can provide information: ZUN's fan creation rules.

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 10:09:40 PM »
Welcome to the forum. While I cannot offer any help, I can provide information: ZUN's fan creation rules.

No worries and thank you very much for giving me the information I needed. =D Also I'd like to announce that I am nearly done with Advent Cirno pose.

Though gotta say its damn hard making sprites, but I also find it a lot of fun. =D

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 11:14:06 PM »
You're welcome. Feel free to browse the Information Thread in case of more worries, but since you're busy with your own game, the ZUN guidelines seem more than enough.

Though gotta say its damn hard making sprites, but I also find it a lot of fun. =D
You are a "rare specie"  in this case as the ratio of spriters vs "designers" is 1:100000000000000000000000000000. Spriters are rare, since it is a huge effort. Just like music makers.

Keep up the good work!

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 09:40:22 AM »
You're welcome. Feel free to browse the Information Thread in case of more worries, but since you're busy with your own game, the ZUN guidelines seem more than enough.
You are a "rare specie"  in this case as the ratio of spriters vs "designers" is 1:100000000000000000000000000000. Spriters are rare, since it is a huge effort. Just like music makers.

Keep up the good work!

Thank you.

Wow are they that rare in this forum? 0,o I'd thought that there would be quite the couple of them in the art section at least. : S Though yes I do agree, it is a huge effort and takes many hours (for me anyways) to complete just one sprite pose.

EDIT: 11/11/13 - 17:03
--------------------------------

Here's a video for you guys, video of me working on Cirno's wings sprite.

http://youtu.be/gL4aWut070Q

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 05:03:35 PM by ZeroIndex »

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 10:04:52 PM »
Hello!

the sprites are going well so far.  A.Cirno ice wings are finally done, I'm just animating her now. Once I am done I will be put it on deviantART, and then here for you guys to see. So I hope you guys are looking forward for whats to come up next and in the future of this project.

Also sorry for the slow process. xD At the moment I am the only one working on project. I even take my time during my college breaks to work on this project. ^ ^ I'm actually quite attached to this project~

EDIT: 13/11/13 - 10:52A.M.

Why no hardly no comments? 0,o Is no one interested? (Kind feels like that way at least : S).
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 10:52:18 AM by ZeroIndex »

Kimidori

• Undefined Fantastic Girl, Nue
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 11:07:25 AM »
what engine you plan to make this on?

"No matter what, cute is justice. If you're watching shows without moe, you should really be questioning your life decisions. The creation of 2D anime girls is the pinnacle of human achievement." -Logan M

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2013, 12:26:20 PM »
what engine you plan to make this on?

I'm deciding on using the game engine RPG Maker VX, as at the moment I am not familiar with any other game engines such as GameMaker. I want a battle system like KH: Chain of Memories (Cards). Though I'm not going to use any of the tiles etc already offered to me by the engine. Rather I will be making my own tiles, graphics, items, speech boxes, sounds, sprites, skills, weapons and etc
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 09:27:52 AM by ZeroIndex »

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2013, 12:52:43 PM »
New update.

I decided to remake A.Cirno sprite with much brighter colour and higher quality so she would stand out more.

Before:

After:

What are your opinions on it? 0,o

Kimidori

• Undefined Fantastic Girl, Nue
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2013, 02:11:40 PM »
IMO, the new sprite look much better than the old one, great work!

just curios, is this game already being developed/programmed?

"No matter what, cute is justice. If you're watching shows without moe, you should really be questioning your life decisions. The creation of 2D anime girls is the pinnacle of human achievement." -Logan M

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2013, 02:31:26 PM »
IMO, the new sprite look much better than the old one, great work!

just curios, is this game already being developed/programmed?

Thank you very much and thank you for your opinion. =D

At the moment the game is not being developed/programmed yet. I'm getting all the sprite work out of the way first. ^ ^
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 03:45:06 PM by ZeroIndex »

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2013, 03:36:06 AM »
I must agree, that second version is very nicely done. Great job.

I'm a bit busy with a game of my own, so I can't help out on the technical side of things, but later on if something pops up and I see a chance to help, I'd gladly lend a hand. I'd definitely like to see this become an actual thing.

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2013, 03:06:04 PM »
I must agree, that second version is very nicely done. Great job.

I'm a bit busy with a game of my own, so I can't help out on the technical side of things, but later on if something pops up and I see a chance to help, I'd gladly lend a hand. I'd definitely like to see this become an actual thing.

Sorry for the long wait.

Thank you very much! I would much appreciate the help once you are given the chance, also don't worry this will definitely become an actual thing no doubt.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2013, 08:42:22 AM »
To be honest, for the my eyes, the first one looks "better". (Since better is a subjective thing, but you asked for opinions so!)

Former sprite looks more simple, which gives Cirno more distinctive look. Example her skirt frills are noticeable while in the newer they are more ruffled and "detailed". For a sprite of this size, if you add too much detail, it becomes "blurred". So the first sprite gives off more detailed impression, because of the simplicity. Same goes for her face. Former her face is more noticeable and gives an impression of her appearance (bad ass?). The new sprite seems to take away this feeling as she is more looking towards the side).

It depends on though what you want, as sprite animation is relevant.

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2013, 10:57:12 AM »
To be honest, for the my eyes, the first one looks "better". (Since better is a subjective thing, but you asked for opinions so!)

Former sprite looks more simple, which gives Cirno more distinctive look. Example her skirt frills are noticeable while in the newer they are more ruffled and "detailed". For a sprite of this size, if you add too much detail, it becomes "blurred". So the first sprite gives off more detailed impression, because of the simplicity. Same goes for her face. Former her face is more noticeable and gives an impression of her appearance (bad ass?). The new sprite seems to take away this feeling as she is more looking towards the side).

It depends on though what you want, as sprite animation is relevant.

Sorry for the long wait Helepolis, had alot of work to do for my assessment, and thank you for your opinion.

Yepes! I made the previous one to look badass and making her have a serious distinctive look as A.Cirno whenever she fights a strong opponent. Though I had some troubles animating her stance such as her dress. So I made a new version which is now the one you see before you~

In the new version it was all but taken away and looks just innocent and cute, but I will be giving her back her serious look and badassness the original had so theres no need to worry folks.