Author Topic: Aftermath of Anime Central 2013  (Read 4606 times)

BL2W

• ~ SHINING FINGER ~
  • I take many forms, and this won't be my last.
Aftermath of Anime Central 2013
« on: May 20, 2013, 11:29:46 PM »
Hello, everyone~! It's time for another convention-related Touhou CMV~!

"Touhou @ Anime Central 2013"

Also, feel welcome to post your own pictures and videos from ACen here on this thread as well~! :)

Now, you can follow my art studio, KyokoPro Studios, on deviantART, Facebook, and YouTube~!

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Re: Aftermath of Anime Central 2013
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 11:46:52 PM »
That looked like a lot of fun. Made me really miss hanging out with Touhou fans.

Also, that Ichirin at 1:10 or so, holy moly. Cute as a button!

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 12:23:40 AM »
My ACen photos~ My photos include an excellent Shou, adorable Chen, several Idolmaster cosplayers, and a perfect Akagi Nobuo from Akibaranger.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 06:21:22 PM by Link »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 01:10:58 AM »
Got there at 10:00 on Saturday, spent two hours finding a place to eat and getting back, then spent FIVE HOURS in line to get my day pass. Wandered around for three hours, saw a ton of cool shit, bought a t-shirt and a few art prints (and nearly got a great deal on a Beast Mode Unit 02 Revoltech, but the phone the woman at the booth was using to read cards was too slow to put through the transaction, and it was still enough money that I wasn't committed enough to get cash), then took off because my buddy had to be back to work. It was a lot of fun despite all of the wasted time, and we're definitely going again next year, probably for more than just one day.

My Youki cosplay turned out great, although I kind of botched it by forgetting the shoes I was going to wear and the cord I was going to tie my swords with, not to mention not having a Myon or a wig yet. It will look much better next time.

Saw a handfull of other Touhou cosplays, although I didn't really get the chance to talk to anybody. Next year! Next year things will be different.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

DeltaSierra4

• Behind each smile
  • is ten thousand sorrows
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 12:04:10 AM »
I was the Tenshi at the photoshoot. Hope y'all enjoyed it :)

@commandercool: Your Youki was pretty awesome! Wish I had more time to stay at the photoshoot to chat with new people :/ just didn't have enough free time at the con ;_; (my biggest regret)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 12:08:05 AM by DS4_S4NДΣ »
"Times will bring that up over and over again. It's like I'm dying from my mental hemophilia... Forgetting the past is easier said than done. You know it dies hard, and when it dies, it dies with you."

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2013, 02:07:49 AM »
I was the Tenshi at the photoshoot. Hope y'all enjoyed it :)

@commandercool: Your Youki was pretty awesome! Wish I had more time to stay at the photoshoot to chat with new people :/ just didn't have enough free time at the con ;_; (my biggest regret)

Thank you. :D It will be back, probably many times because there's no way I'm spending that much on another cosplay any time soon.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Katierou

• Wolf It Down!
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2013, 03:01:52 AM »
I was Yuuka (both Windows and PC-98) and Sanae for this, though I missed a lot of Touhou... darn. My best friend and I kept getting lost, and I'm pretty shy anyway... but still, it was fun. Thanks for an amusing convention! It was so cool to see so much Touhou, especially since the conventions I've been to usually have very little. (Of course, this also means my wallet is now crying. Oopsie!)

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2013, 04:13:40 PM »
I wasn't there but two of my friends (the Yukari and Yuyuko) were

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2013, 04:41:10 PM »
HOW DID THE KALAFINA CONCERT GO GUYS????
don't tell me no one attended......
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2013, 09:46:51 PM »
Well, this puts me in the mood for my upcoming first con even more.

[Although I won't be doing a Touhou Cosplay. If I cosplay at all it'll be something simple.]

Personally I thought the Nue was very good. Also Dat Unzan.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2013, 03:24:13 AM »
Well, this puts me in the mood for my upcoming first con even more.

[Although I won't be doing a Touhou Cosplay. If I cosplay at all it'll be something simple.]

Personally I thought the Nue was very good. Also Dat Unzan.
Which are you heading to?
Think I crossplayed at my 3rd major one. I still fear the pictures are out there somewhere courtesy of /jp/. The horror.

cirnomodo

• Make Miracles!
  • Sanyae says hi :)
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2013, 02:35:24 PM »
Loved the part where Chen honks then Ran and Yukari fights lol

Jam-Kiske

• i am not witty
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2013, 09:50:55 PM »
Jana and I got there in the evening on Saturday cuz my college graduation was that day. I don't believe he ended up cosplaying and I was Homestuck the whole time.

Also I didn't go to any Touhou things though I know he went to the Tea Party.

Anyway here's the few pics I took on FB cuz sure why not: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152817357895207.1073741828.713400206&type=3