Author Topic: Testing out solutions to Touhou 13.5 patch?  (Read 391532 times)

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
Re: Testing out solutions to Touhou 13.5 patch?
« Reply #180 on: July 17, 2013, 02:27:06 AM »
IIRC, the switch that allows script files to define fonts is disabled, either in the .exe file or in a higher priority script file. The Chinese patch ended up directly modifying the .exe to assign a custom font to all text, since the game originally only used one font.

For the English patch, it may help to use different fonts for different text, though.

> Cirno.ttf

This font was only used for PoFV, not other games.

Meanwhile, I was asking about the font used in SWR/Soku and most post-MoF patches. I think I've found it: it looks like Andale Mono.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samples_of_monospaced_typefaces

We don't have to use the same font as Gensokyo.org, but it's always good to know what the options are.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 02:46:01 AM by cuc »
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

« Reply #181 on: July 17, 2013, 07:02:24 AM »
No no, I mean, how did you know that you should use 100,650 for the coordinates, and how did you find those numbers to know where to put? =o
You see, in mathematics, you have graphs like this :

On a screen, it is a bit different :

I took a picture of 640x480

The game's smallest resolution is 1280x720, and the others just add black strips on the top and on the bottom of the screen. So the game's resolution is 1280x720.

Therefore, if the x pos is 100, the element will be near the left of the screen. If it is 640, it will be in the middle of the screen. If it is 1200, it will be near the right of the screen.
Same for the y pos. If it is 100, it will be near the top of the screen. If it is 360, it will be in the middle of the screen. If it is 700, it will be on the bottom of the screen.

Note that when you give the pos of something, it is usually the pos of its top left corner.

Gamer251

• DJ FlanFlan
  • Too lazy to type long sentences.
« Reply #182 on: July 17, 2013, 07:15:37 AM »
Hello people.
I have been monitoring this thread since it was created.
I must say, Mr. Ciel's and Mr. totlmstr's effort were amazing.
Anyway, is there gonna be an update for v1.10 with working netplay?

"You ought to watch out, yourself. Even a high-school girl can make her own weapons these days, after all..."

Ciel

• Green-Eyed Jealousy
« Reply #183 on: July 17, 2013, 01:13:21 PM »
Hello people.
I have been monitoring this thread since it was created.
I must say, Mr. Ciel's and Mr. totlmstr's effort were amazing.
Anyway, is there gonna be an update for v1.10 with working netplay?
Mister

MISTER

AHAHAHAHA I'M GOING TO SILENTLY SOB *CORNERS*

BUT T-THANK YOU;; Unfortunately mine is kind of unofficial patch aha T__T;;

You see, in mathematics, you have graphs like this :

On a screen, it is a bit different :

I took a picture of 640x480

The game's smallest resolution is 1280x720, and the others just add black strips on the top and on the bottom of the screen. So the game's resolution is 1280x720.

Therefore, if the x pos is 100, the element will be near the left of the screen. If it is 640, it will be in the middle of the screen. If it is 1200, it will be near the right of the screen.
Same for the y pos. If it is 100, it will be near the top of the screen. If it is 360, it will be in the middle of the screen. If it is 700, it will be on the bottom of the screen.

Note that when you give the pos of something, it is usually the pos of its top left corner.
.... My brain kind of fried inside. But ahh alright, so it starts from the top left. Is there a software which can calculate this, though? I think I'll try looking around once I'm done with this thing. ^^;;

Just some weirdo, move along!

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #184 on: July 17, 2013, 02:32:11 PM »
You might want to include patch 1.10b which gives Kokoro her skills, just saying.  :o
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Ciel

• Green-Eyed Jealousy
« Reply #185 on: July 17, 2013, 02:46:17 PM »
You might want to include patch 1.10b which gives Kokoro her skills, just saying.  :o
Wait what patc-

i'm crying inside

i was in the middle of implementation and BOOM. 1.10b.

I swear that Tasofro secretly hates me somewhere. ;~; At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if the final version is 1.50.

Edit: Kokoro has skills? Where?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 02:57:43 PM by Ciel »

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #186 on: July 17, 2013, 03:50:08 PM »
Wait what patc-

i'm crying inside

i was in the middle of implementation and BOOM. 1.10b.

I swear that Tasofro secretly hates me somewhere. ;~; At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if the final version is 1.50.

Edit: Kokoro has skills? Where?
Actually not yet, but here's a video from Nico Nico showcasing her possible skills.

Edit: Apparently Kokoro's skills depends on the mask she wears.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 03:51:42 PM by MewMewHeart »

« Reply #187 on: July 17, 2013, 06:32:23 PM »
.... My brain kind of fried inside. But ahh alright, so it starts from the top left. Is there a software which can calculate this, though? I think I'll try looking around once I'm done with this thing. ^^;;
A software which can calculate what ? If it's what I think, paint is enough.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 07:06:12 PM by brliron »

Nyyl

• 弾幕に頭脳?馬鹿じゃないのか?
  • 弾幕はパワーだよ
« Reply #188 on: July 17, 2013, 07:17:19 PM »
most image-editing software (like ms paint) will tell you the coordinates your mouse cursor is at, so if you open a screenshot in paint you can point anywhere and see the coordinates in the status bar, like this

« Reply #189 on: July 17, 2013, 09:49:58 PM »
This is unrelated, but I have a tip to do story translation tests easier.
in data/script/story/reimu (if I take reimu), there is 3 perl scripts for each stage. I'll take for example the stage 1. There is stage1.pl, stage1win.pl and stage1lose.pl.
The stage1.pl file is executed when the stage begins. The stage1win.pl is executed when you win, and the stage1lose.pl is executed when you lose.
At the end of stage1win.pl, we can read ,Thread,"::story.NextStage();"
This line tells to the game to go to the next stage.
Using this, you can just skip the 1st stage easily. You just have to put this line after the :init of the stage1.pl file (on the 9th line, for example). Don't forget the coma before Thread.

It works for each stage except the last one. For this stage, it's a bit harder.
First, use extractCS.bat. Then, look for data/csv/story/reimu/stage7.csv. Each line describe a boss phase or spellcard.
On each line, there is 4 numbers after the boss name : life0, life1, life2 and life3. Replace these 4 values on each line by 0, and the boss will die even if you do nothing.

Also, I fixed the dumpcnut.bat file.
The batch file put %%c as arguments to cnutool.exe. But after batch replaces %%c by the path, it parses the string and use the space as a separator. So, for example, the 1st nut file used on my computer is D:\Program Files\Touhou\Touhou 13.5 cp\135tk\th135\data\actor\buffScript.nut.txt. Because of the 2 spaces in the path, batch think the 1st file it have to give to cnutool.exe is "D:\Program Files\Touhou\Touhou", and the 2nd one is "13.5". cnutool.exe can't read from the file "D:\Program Files\Touhou\Touhou", so he crashes.
It can be fixed by putting the 2 %%c just after cnutool.exe between quotes. The 2nd line become this :
for /r %%c in (*.nut) do cnutool.exe -d "%%c" "%%c.txt"

There is the same bug on writecnut.bat. The file should be like this :
@echo off
for /r %%c in (*.nut) do (
cnutool.exe -w "%%c" "%%c.txt"
del "%%c.txt"
)
echo finished.
pause

In the 2 scripts, don't forget the space between "%%c" and "%%c.txt". It is very important.

I hope this will be useful.

Ciel

• Green-Eyed Jealousy
« Reply #190 on: July 19, 2013, 12:50:54 AM »
most image-editing software (like ms paint) will tell you the coordinates your mouse cursor is at, so if you open a screenshot in paint you can point anywhere and see the coordinates in the status bar, like this
Ah, there we go, thanks 8D I never saw those kind of things at my Photoshop aha;;

This is unrelated, but I have a tip to do story translation tests easier.
in data/script/story/reimu (if I take reimu), there is 3 perl scripts for each stage. I'll take for example the stage 1. There is stage1.pl, stage1win.pl and stage1lose.pl.
The stage1.pl file is executed when the stage begins. The stage1win.pl is executed when you win, and the stage1lose.pl is executed when you lose.
At the end of stage1win.pl, we can read ,Thread,"::story.NextStage();"
This line tells to the game to go to the next stage.
Using this, you can just skip the 1st stage easily. You just have to put this line after the :init of the stage1.pl file (on the 9th line, for example). Don't forget the coma before Thread.

It works for each stage except the last one. For this stage, it's a bit harder.
First, use extractCS.bat. Then, look for data/csv/story/reimu/stage7.csv. Each line describe a boss phase or spellcard.
On each line, there is 4 numbers after the boss name : life0, life1, life2 and life3. Replace these 4 values on each line by 0, and the boss will die even if you do nothing.
Oooh I see, I should try that when I'm doing the rest. 8D

Also, I fixed the dumpcnut.bat file.
The batch file put %%c as arguments to cnutool.exe. But after batch replaces %%c by the path, it parses the string and use the space as a separator. So, for example, the 1st nut file used on my computer is D:\Program Files\Touhou\Touhou 13.5 cp\135tk\th135\data\actor\buffScript.nut.txt. Because of the 2 spaces in the path, batch think the 1st file it have to give to cnutool.exe is "D:\Program Files\Touhou\Touhou", and the 2nd one is "13.5". cnutool.exe can't read from the file "D:\Program Files\Touhou\Touhou", so he crashes.
It can be fixed by putting the 2 %%c just after cnutool.exe between quotes. The 2nd line become this :
for /r %%c in (*.nut) do cnutool.exe -d "%%c" "%%c.txt"

There is the same bug on writecnut.bat. The file should be like this :
@echo off
for /r %%c in (*.nut) do (
cnutool.exe -w "%%c" "%%c.txt"
del "%%c.txt"
)
echo finished.
pause

In the 2 scripts, don't forget the space between "%%c" and "%%c.txt". It is very important.

I hope this will be useful.
It should be useful for those in seperate directories I think 8D I always drag my file into where the applications are. (AHAHA I FINALLY HOW TO GET THIS WORKING;; All this time I was choosing writecnut and dumpcnut instead of cnutool D8<;; )

Oh guys, while we're at the subject of story telling, just a question I hope someone can help me out!

How do you move the text to the left and the balloon a bit more down? My values in balloon.csv are...

a05x2,data/system/talk/a05x2.png,0,62,0,0,1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1

I can't put negative values in the text coordinates, it treats it like positive values D8 Thanks alot~

« Reply #191 on: July 19, 2013, 06:34:41 AM »
After trying some values, it seems a positive number moves the text to the left, and a negative number moves the text to the right. Quite strange...
Maybe it's because it's an offset.

To move the balloon, it's not here. You should go to data/script/story/reimu/stage1.pl, and edit the 64th line.

By the way, in the balloon.csv, I saw a line beginning by ed01. This line let us change the ending settings.
I don't know how to change the ending's font, but at least we can change the ending's font size.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 07:08:04 AM by brliron »

« Reply #192 on: July 19, 2013, 07:02:22 AM »
Use Apache Open Office! It supports Japanese characters and can make the CSVs pretty!

Anyway, I've been using that method for a while, but I've been focusing on moving the characters so that the space can be used! That's how I've been able to make that pic in my last post.

Gamer251

• DJ FlanFlan
« Reply #193 on: July 19, 2013, 09:17:48 AM »
Mister

MISTER

AHAHAHAHA I'M GOING TO SILENTLY SOB *CORNERS*

Wait, you aren't a man? o_O
Anyway, there's v1.10b. And Kokoro still has no spell cards.
I think I can help with the translations.
Reimu's 2nd Spell Card (vs. Dragon thing), iisn't that just like Private Square? Correct me if I'm wrong ^^;

"You ought to watch out, yourself. Even a high-school girl can make her own weapons these days, after all..."

Ciel

• Green-Eyed Jealousy
« Reply #194 on: July 19, 2013, 10:40:45 AM »
Wait, you aren't a man? o_O
No I'm not, so I can't defeat the Huns together 8D

BUT NO I'M NOT WHY ARE YOU SO SURPRISED

Use Apache Open Office! It supports Japanese characters and can make the CSVs pretty!

Anyway, I've been using that method for a while, but I've been focusing on moving the characters so that the space can be used! That's how I've been able to make that pic in my last post.
... *STICKS WITH NOTEPAD*- But I'll give it a go soon! o/

Oooh, really? The character positions are fine, though. In my opinion, maybe you should move the balloons instead. Moving the characters will make the screen less 'filling', if you know what I mean.

After trying some values, it seems a positive number moves the text to the left, and a negative number moves the text to the right. Quite strange...
Maybe it's because it's an offset.
Positive movies the value to the left? Just what are you talk-

WHYYYY

But there is one question I want to ask before I continue with this... who's going to do the story translations? =o Sounds like you guys are doing it too and... am I going to do mine on my own since mine is an unofficial patch? ^_^;

Gamer251

• DJ FlanFlan
« Reply #195 on: July 19, 2013, 12:12:34 PM »
I guess I can help with story translations.
They're on the wikia, though.
If anyone could guide me through the download and using of the tools, I might be a help, but exams are only 2 1/2 weeks away.

« Reply #196 on: July 20, 2013, 10:04:19 AM »
Here is 3 things I found :

I tried, and the game is able to read unencrypted pics and csv files. So you don't need to use repackBM each time you edit a picture.

In the balloon.csv file, you can easily add a balloon, if you want. You just have to add a line with the settings of your new balloon.

I found a way to center the texts in the story mode :

First, you have to create a picture with just a transparent background. Or, if you resized it, you can use data/ed/balloon_ed01.png.
Next, add it somewhere in the balloon.csv file. The offset_y should be bigger than the one of where the text is. You also must edit the filename, and choose a key (I used for example blank). The others values should be the sames. Here is what I used :

a15x3,data/system/talk/a15x3.png,250,85,0,0,1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1
empty,data/system/talk/empty.png,250,125,0,0,1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1

And in the perl file (data/script/story/reimu/stage1.pl, for example), choose a balloon you want to to center (I took the 71th line : いい加減そろそろ決着つけたい\nと思ってたし,a15x3,0,0). Split this line into 2 lines : the 1st one is displayed in the original balloon, and the 2nd one in your blank balloon :
いい加減そろそろ決着つけたい,a15x3,0,0
と思ってたし,empty,0,0

Before explaining, I must explain something else :
in a dialogue inside a pl file, there is 2 ways to wait user input (pressing Z or keeping C pressed) : You can add a line ,WaitInput (like in stage1.pl, line 72), or just add a backslash just after the balloon text (like in stage1.pl, line 64). I'm not sure, but it seems putting a backslash also clear the balloon after the user input.

If you put 2 balloons like above, without waiting any user input between them, they will be displayed simultaneously. And if there is enough space in the balloon under the text, and you put an invisible balloon so its text is just under the text of the 1st balloon, the user will think the 2 lines are in the same balloon.

Here is the same pic as above, but I put a red border on my empty.png file so it is easily understandable.

And here are my a15x3.png and empty.png files :

By the way, it seems that the game can auto-center 1 line of text. I think when there is more lines, it just auto-center the text block.

And maybe I found why you have to increase the offset x to move the text to the left. I think (in the stage 1 of reimu's story) that if reimu speaks, we have to increase the offset x to move the text to the right. But, when marisa speaks, the balloon is reversed, so maybe the offset x is reversed too.

Ciel

• Green-Eyed Jealousy
« Reply #197 on: July 20, 2013, 12:13:13 PM »
I guess I can help with story translations.
They're on the wikia, though.
If anyone could guide me through the download and using of the tools, I might be a help, but exams are only 2 1/2 weeks away.
Ahh, but it's not done yet, like the newspaper headlines. Versus Mode Headlines aren't in the wiki yet, so if you can, help out in the wiki, it would be great! The directions for using the tools are pages back~ Look for them!

@brliron:

WHAT. WHAT AFJLHSF

I DON'T UNDERSTAND THE LOGIC OF HOW IT WORKS BUT...

IT WORKS... But I thought the original text doesn't center by default? Either way, it works, and it's much cleaner, thank you! But I have a request...

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7avhx9wp3shhthy/Testing_Stuff.rar

Can someone check over to see if my design's okay so far? Feel free to open the files or something, and give comments, aha;;

Oh, and lastly, I did ask a question but no one answered yet. D:

But there is one question I want to ask before I continue with this... who's going to do the story translations? =o Sounds like you guys are doing it too and... am I going to do mine on my own since mine is an unofficial patch? ^_^;

I really don't want to do anything until we decide on this. ;~; Otherwise it will feel like while one person did everything, the other person whom spent all those hours doing it just ended up in nothing. >_<

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #198 on: July 20, 2013, 04:14:25 PM »
It's great you guys found out how to center the text. Keep up the good work!  ;)

Gamer251

• DJ FlanFlan
« Reply #199 on: July 20, 2013, 11:08:28 PM »
So I COULD translate the headlines for the newspaper, and the text before the round starts (Stage 1: blahblahblah)
But I need help from someone who can translate it w/o Google Translate.
OR I could just find each kanji/hiragana/katakana characters and put them together to translate.

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #200 on: July 20, 2013, 11:09:42 PM »
Sweet! What of dialogue fonts?

Gamer251

• DJ FlanFlan
« Reply #201 on: July 20, 2013, 11:53:13 PM »
I just noticed something:

v1.10 + Scorefile that unlocks Kokoro = Vs. Kokoro WITH Skills and Spells o/

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #202 on: July 21, 2013, 12:13:28 AM »
I just noticed something:

v1.10 + Scorefile that unlocks Kokoro = Vs. Kokoro WITH Skills and Spells o/
Heh?! Where?!

Quwanti

• Pixel stuff
« Reply #203 on: July 21, 2013, 09:50:17 AM »
So I COULD translate the headlines for the newspaper, and the text before the round starts (Stage 1: blahblahblah)
But I need help from someone who can translate it w/o Google Translate.
OR I could just find each kanji/hiragana/katakana characters and put them together to translate.
Pretty much all of that is already available on the touhouwiki. Well, somewhat. Earlier in this topic I posted a image file with all the text for at least one side, so there should be some missing text on it. I'm pretty sure they are willing to help transcribing/translating the rest too. Also, translating using Google Translate is not a good thing.

Also, I notice that people work separately. Why not work together..? (that's where an IRC becomes useful.)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 10:06:42 AM by Quwanti »

Lumenebr?

• Taoishi
  • Soku/HM/ULiL
« Reply #204 on: July 21, 2013, 11:04:45 PM »
Not that anything in this post has much priority, but uh, is anything going to happen to the characters for the 3 religions? I feel that they should be left be as they look quite nice, but that may cause confusion for those who don't quite know what they mean.
Plus there's the problem of the single-character representation v.s. an entire word/their various appearances (In match, card selection Faith Values/Faith Graph)

Also, I'd just like to point out some potentially problematic things:
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 11:13:43 PM by Lumenebr? »

Quwanti

• Pixel stuff
« Reply #205 on: July 21, 2013, 11:16:46 PM »
Not that anything in this post has much priority, but uh, is anything going to happen to the characters for the 3 religions? I feel that they should be left be as they look quite nice, but that may cause confusion for those who don't quite know what they mean.
Plus there's the problem of the single-character representation v.s. an entire word/their various appearances (In match, card selection Faith Values/Faith Graph)

Also, I'd just like to point out some potentially problematic things:

Just look at them as symbols rather than kanji. Also, they are color coded so there should be no confusion which is which.

The latter already has been conveniently done by ciel:

Lumenebr?

• Taoishi
  • Soku/HM/ULiL
« Reply #206 on: July 21, 2013, 11:57:50 PM »
Just look at them as symbols rather than kanji. Also, they are color coded so there should be no confusion which is which.

The latter already has been conveniently done by ciel:

So it's reasonable to keep them as they are, yay.

I was just worried about whether the names would fit, but I suppose I forgot about narrowing.
I suppose you could probably keep the original japanese on the side as there's already one set of translated names, and would be... stylistic? Can't really find a way to explain it.

Ciel

• Green-Eyed Jealousy
« Reply #207 on: July 22, 2013, 11:44:43 AM »
Heh?! Where?!
It should be in your main game folder. 8D

So it's reasonable to keep them as they are, yay.

I was just worried about whether the names would fit, but I suppose I forgot about narrowing.
I suppose you could probably keep the original japanese on the side as there's already one set of translated names, and would be... stylistic? Can't really find a way to explain it.
Oooh, yeah, I'm planning to leave it like that, because I think it's as fine as it is. Thanks too, Quwanti~ 8D If you want to take a run at the patch, here you go! (Updated to 1.10b~)

Also, I notice that people work separately. Why not work together..? (that's where an IRC becomes useful.)
Ahaha;;; I was originally thinking that too but... according to someone, my work isn't good enough for the patch, and I'm not one to be purely consistent in my work. That, and I really value my friends' opinions on how it goes and all, and I really like seeing things through to the end.

So yeah, even if I do want to join, I'm afraid that the quality of work might not be that good... Of course, I wouldn't mind going with the original idea of joining together as one big fellow community, but who would accept me in? XD; *roll*

Gamer251

• DJ FlanFlan
« Reply #208 on: July 23, 2013, 09:47:42 AM »
Suddenly v1.10c
Fixes the netplay error when you connect and both game crashes.
Make a patch?

And did the dialogues that you tested (Ciel) worked? If it did, I think I can help with it.

Completely unrelated: Icons for HM: https://mega.co.nz/#!ItMlwQAZ!Un66_A6L5AyhblRYypsEGmFIRl0s75abw4NnivRXdUM
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 09:21:29 AM by Gamer251 »

« Reply #209 on: July 24, 2013, 09:38:35 PM »
I tried a lot of things about using others fonts, and I found nothing.

I deleted the file C:\Windows\fonts\msgothic.ttc on my computer, and the game's font changed (like on the pic below), so the game uses the system fonts.

Also, I found on google a program able to trace input/output of running programs, and I saw C:\Windows\font is read before the th135e.pak file, but never after, so editing balloon.act is useless.

I tried too many things, and nothing worked. I give up.

If you want some help, you should ask. I would be happy to help, after failing to replace the font.

BTW, I found a way to edit the window's title. The easiest way is to edit it directly in the binary file. The file, after being edited, must have the same size, but we can overflow on what is after.
But the title change 2 seconds after the window is created. The game's name exists only once in the binary file, so I think we can find it somewhere in th135.pak. I'll try to find where.