Author Topic: Testing out solutions to Touhou 13.5 patch?  (Read 391428 times)

Quwanti

• Pixel stuff
Re: Testing out solutions to Touhou 13.5 patch?
« Reply #690 on: August 05, 2014, 02:08:12 PM »
Cant the characters be replaced with a - and a space? To simply create 2014-08-05      SUN

« Reply #691 on: August 05, 2014, 04:06:19 PM »
I'll try to explain the problem once again.
In japanese, the date is for example :
2014年8月4日          月曜日
This corresponds to, for example :
2014-8-4          MON
In japanese, the kanji 月 is used 2 times in the example above. And, in the game's files, it is present only one time. This is the same character, displayed at 2 different places.
Therefore, the character(s)after the month and the one(s) for monday WILL be identical.
To take the example above, we can either have :
2014-8MON4          MON
or :
2014-8-4          -
but we can't have :
2014-8-4          MON

« Reply #692 on: August 17, 2014, 07:18:51 AM »
It would be great if we manage to avoid vertical texts. I let you suggest some ways of reorganizing the picture to do this (I think I'll try to do something, too).

I worked on it yesterday. Here is the result : http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/33/1408214019-news-rearrange-jp.png
It looks better with english translations : http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/33/1408214046-news-rearrange-en.png (I'll think about the font later, I took the first that came in mind)
Here is the GIMP project containing all this : http://www.mediafire.com/download/hd7idnwi0uqy03r/news_-_rearrange.xcf (the concerned layers are news.dds #2, Elements #2 and Elements #2 en)
And here is the result in game : http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/33/1408214067-news-rearrange-en-screenshot.png (I won't explain how I get this picture (except if someone wants), but the translations still aren't integrated in the game. They only seems to be)

Personally, I think the text on the left ("A Countlessly Repeated, Traditional Battle") doesn't look really good. I like the rest.
Any ideas, comments, suggestions etc ?

« Reply #693 on: September 25, 2014, 06:35:26 PM »
Nobody answered...
Well, I guess mine will be fine.

I tried to make some changes (and I used another font). Here is the result : http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/39/1411669969-news-rearrange-en.png
And in game : http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/39/1411669957-news-rearrange-en-screenshot.png
I think it is fine now.

Same question as above : Any ideas, comments, suggestions etc ?
If nobody answer, I'll implement this one.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #694 on: September 25, 2014, 06:40:32 PM »
I think it looks perfect. Good for me.

« Reply #695 on: September 26, 2014, 07:41:32 AM »
Ok.
I'll implement it, then.

« Reply #696 on: October 01, 2014, 10:05:22 PM »
I decided to upload my work in progress. Here it is : http://www.mediafire.com/download/9ado2e7w0vpe1l6/th135e.pak (copy this file over the one created by a clean install of the english patch).

I worked on the newspapers. I made everything except midashi2 (the text on the right, under the characters' name) and news_youbi (the date on the right).
If you see anything strange, ugly, or just want to give your point of view, please answer.

Note : it's my development version. I made some things to make development easier.
In story mode, at the end of reimu's first fight, the end-battle dialogue will appear only after some time (I don't know exactly how much. 30 seconds ? 1 minute ? Something like that). That let me watch the newspaper.
And I don't want to do a full fight each time I change a little something, so in the reimu's story mode, in normal, marisa has 10 HPs (instead of 1500 plus a spellcard with some more HPs), so you will beat her in one hit.

« Reply #697 on: October 27, 2014, 06:41:26 PM »
I worked on the patch this evening. More precisely on the news_youbi zone (the date on the right).
Here is the result : http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/44/1414435189-news-youbi-wednesday.png
Problem : it doesn't look good with a shorter day : http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/44/1414435186-news-youbi-monday.png
I tried to remove the parenthesis. Here is the result : http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/44/1414435186-news-youbi-monday-no-parenthesis.png
What do you think about it ?

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #698 on: October 27, 2014, 06:43:43 PM »
Is there no way to center it?

If not, then the removal of the parenthesis would be best imo.

Also, curious but how close are the newspaper articles from being fully translated and therefore 100% complete with the patch? People are kinda curious as to when this will be done :V

« Reply #699 on: October 27, 2014, 10:38:04 PM »
The game doesn't give any option to center the text, as it normally is on only 1 character.
But ...
Why didn't I think about adding spaces ?

I tried to add 3 spaces before Monday, and it works. Here is the result : http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/44/1414448097-news-youbi-monday-centered.png . I may add one or 2 more spaces.
But I still think it is better without the parenthesis, because there is too much space between them and the text.
Or, if we want to keep them, we can do a small trick : removing them from the background, and adding them to each day. So monday may be "   (Monday)" in the scrpit. Here is the result : http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/44/1414448673-news-youbi-monday-embeeded-parenthesis.png

Concerning when the patch will be finished : soon. Really soon, I think. I have all the translations since 3 months. I needed some time to reorganize the page on GIMP (also, I waited too long for answers, and I had some other things to do), then I needed to implement them in game. All the screenshots I took today are from the game. The only things left are some details about the date (what I talk about just above), and the text on the left (the big empty space, and the bit of japanese text you see on the left). I think it will be finished before the end of the week.

On another note, I made a small tool able to convert images from DDS to PNG, and from a lot of formats to DDS (and seeing how easy it was, I'm surprised there's so few tools on internet). Is anyone interested ?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 10:40:18 PM by brliron »

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #700 on: October 27, 2014, 10:55:40 PM »
I'd say the last image is the best bet imo. Looks nicer.

« Reply #701 on: October 31, 2014, 07:56:58 PM »
I finished with the newspapers.

So, here is (I hope) the final version of this english patch : http://www.mediafire.com/download/i9eedh0ebm8y9g1/th135_english_patch_v1_05.exe
Also available in zip format, as usual : http://www.mediafire.com/download/hdphst9v7u449cu/th135_english_patch_v1_05.zip

Firstly, many thanks to riatre for making his tools. Without him, this patch wouldn't even have begun. And while we're at the technical things, thanks to nmlgc, who sent me a mail explaining me how to change the font. I would never have found how to do this. And thanks to you, I had my 1st experience with reverse engineering.
Many thanks to Ciel, too, for making the 1st version of this patch. Without his work, I don't think I would have begun to work on this patch. Also, thanks for making everything related to design in this first patch.
Many thanks to the translators from en.touhouwiki.net. I don't really know you, but lots of translation in this patch (including all the story) are from you. This patch would probably have been way longer without you. Also, Thanks to totlmstr, Dude, and TwilightsCall for the missing translations. The translations are one of the more important parts of a translation patch, so without you, this patch would not be finished now.
And finally, thanks to Gamer251, Qwanti, Lukesky180, Gpop, and everyone I forgot here (and sorry to everyone I forgot) ; thanks to everyone who helped a bit, whatever the way you helped : helping on the technical side, participating in the decisions, reporting bugs, or just encouraging me. People usually don't realize how important this is. I think nobody would work 1 year on a project only to have his own version of the game readable. If I do this patch, this is mainly for you, the Touhou fans. Knowing people are interested in my project, having their point of view or their thanks, knowing I'm not doing all this for nothing, is probably what makes me the more happy on this project, it what's motivate me (and the patch's development these 3 last months was really slow because only one person (Gpop) gave me all this, so I wasn't really motivated).

On this ends this post and this project (except if there is some new bugs, or if tasofro decides to make another update). I hope you all will enjoy this patch !

« Reply #702 on: November 02, 2014, 04:29:44 AM »
I finished with the newspapers.

So, here is (I hope) the final version of this english patch : http://www.mediafire.com/download/i9eedh0ebm8y9g1/th135_english_patch_v1_05.exe
Also available in zip format, as usual : http://www.mediafire.com/download/hdphst9v7u449cu/th135_english_patch_v1_05.zip

Firstly, many thanks to riatre for making his tools. Without him, this patch wouldn't even have begun. And while we're at the technical things, thanks to nmlgc, who sent me a mail explaining me how to change the font. I would never have found how to do this. And thanks to you, I had my 1st experience with reverse engineering.
Many thanks to Ciel, too, for making the 1st version of this patch. Without his work, I don't think I would have begun to work on this patch. Also, thanks for making everything related to design in this first patch.
Many thanks to the translators from en.touhouwiki.net. I don't really know you, but lots of translation in this patch (including all the story) are from you. This patch would probably have been way longer without you. Also, Thanks to totlmstr, Dude, and TwilightsCall for the missing translations. The translations are one of the more important parts of a translation patch, so without you, this patch would not be finished now.
And finally, thanks to Gamer251, Qwanti, Lukesky180, Gpop, and everyone I forgot here (and sorry to everyone I forgot) ; thanks to everyone who helped a bit, whatever the way you helped : helping on the technical side, participating in the decisions, reporting bugs, or just encouraging me. People usually don't realize how important this is. I think nobody would work 1 year on a project only to have his own version of the game readable. If I do this patch, this is mainly for you, the Touhou fans. Knowing people are interested in my project, having their point of view or their thanks, knowing I'm not doing all this for nothing, is probably what makes me the more happy on this project, it what's motivate me (and the patch's development these 3 last months was really slow because only one person (Gpop) gave me all this, so I wasn't really motivated).

On this ends this post and this project (except if there is some new bugs, or if tasofro decides to make another update). I hope you all will enjoy this patch !

Oh, you're done?
Thank you for your hard work. Sorry that I didn't do anything to help.

Can I see the translations note? I'd like to check them if possible.

« Reply #703 on: November 02, 2014, 08:29:30 AM »
Er...
Most translations are from en.touhouwiki.net. Maybe you'll be able to find some translation notes there.
Also, you can try to ask to totlmstr, Dude or TwilightsCall. They translated some other texts, and may give you some translation notes about what they translated.
And, there is a discussion about some translations there : https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,14754.msg1083368.html#msg1083368
That's everything I have.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #704 on: November 02, 2014, 05:34:39 PM »
Thank you so much for your hard work brliron. I'll be sure to spread the word as soon as I have the chance and time to do so.

If anyone does find any problems with it we'll let you know but this is truly appreciated man.

Gamer251

• DJ FlanFlan
  • Too lazy to type long sentences.
« Reply #705 on: November 03, 2014, 05:06:47 AM »
I keep forgetting to check in here oncr in a while, so I'm surprised that the patch is already done.
Anyway, thanks for the hard work, brliron!
Of course, everyone else who helped in the patch~ I'm excluded because I didn't even help that much (//w\\)

"You ought to watch out, yourself. Even a high-school girl can make her own weapons these days, after all..."

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #706 on: November 03, 2014, 10:26:39 PM »
I made a video on the full english patch release since I definitely think it needs attention for your efforts man.

I'm circulating it around as well. I think it's best to let Gensokyo.org know about it as well once the malware stuff dies down.

« Reply #707 on: November 04, 2014, 01:50:33 AM »
I tried to run the game and it didn't go through. What I mean by that is that when I ran the exe directly out of the folder, then out of steam, then out of the Touhou launcher that was made recently. Regardless of which nothing worked, as it would say that it did run but the application closed before a window or anything opened.
 I run a windows 8 computer and I downloaded the zip, any ideas?

« Reply #708 on: November 04, 2014, 08:35:07 AM »
Gpop : thank you. Please continue to spread the patch like this.
(BTW, why does everyone think the game needs to be patched to the version 1.34b before applying the translation patch ? The english patch is applied to the game using the updates engine, so it includes the version 1.34b)

Curry Week : I think you don't have the game.
The zip version isn't a pre-patched game, it contains only the patch files. You can apply it simply by copying the zip's content into the game's directory. But you steel needs the game

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #709 on: November 04, 2014, 11:32:40 AM »
(BTW, why does everyone think the game needs to be patched to the version 1.34b before applying the translation patch ? The english patch is applied to the game using the updates engine, so it includes the version 1.34b)
Oh really? I didn't know that or I forgot about it haha. I'll fix that up then :V

« Reply #710 on: November 04, 2014, 12:02:30 PM »
If anyone does find any problems with it we'll let you know but this is truly appreciated man.

One problem is pretty much the translations. There are some mistakes that were left unfixed from Touhou Wiki and they're still there. And pretty much a quality check for all the new additions and old translations.

However, I am not sure where I should put the corrections in this case.
In the wiki? Then me and you will have to open each of those pages one by one to put them into the patch.
Or should I just change the texts in the patch? Then hopefully some kind souls will put that corrections into the wiki. But if the text is full of codes then I may pass  :V

Curry Week : I think you don't have the game.
The zip version isn't a pre-patched game, it contains only the patch files. You can apply it simply by copying the zip's content into the game's directory. But you steel needs the game
Yes, it does contain the update patch. I notice that since I run it over a freshly installed HM(since I lost my laptop).
However, the japanese exe is still in ver. 1.00 and I noticed a little problem, where the game freezes whenever I try to change the config. Whether that has anything to do with it is still unknown, but try running the english patch after updating the game and see if it persists.
Currently, Tasofro's website is down(probably busy preparing to announce their next game for the Fall Reitaisai :derp:), so can't get myself the patch, so can anyone test it?

« Reply #711 on: November 04, 2014, 07:42:42 PM »
Concerning the translations, I can't understand japanese, and I'm not good enough with english to recognize errors. So I have no idea whether they are accurate or not.
At least for the story mode, you can put the corrections on the wiki. I hate repetitive tasks, so when I had to translate the story, instead of copying all the translations from the wiki to the patch, I made a program able to extract the translations from the wiki and put them into the game's files. So, if you put your corrections on the wiki, I'll be able to easily put them into the patch.
Same thing for the dialogues at the end of a fight.
The rest have to be updated manually.

And concerning the freeze : I tried with a game in version 1.02 (it's the oldest I have on my computer), and I didn't have any problem.

« Reply #712 on: November 05, 2014, 09:33:47 AM »
Concerning the translations, I can't understand japanese, and I'm not good enough with english to recognize errors. So I have no idea whether they are accurate or not.
At least for the story mode, you can put the corrections on the wiki. I hate repetitive tasks, so when I had to translate the story, instead of copying all the translations from the wiki to the patch, I made a program able to extract the translations from the wiki and put them into the game's files. So, if you put your corrections on the wiki, I'll be able to easily put them into the patch.
Same thing for the dialogues at the end of a fight.
The rest have to be updated manually.

And concerning the freeze : I tried with a game in version 1.02 (it's the oldest I have on my computer), and I didn't have any problem.
Then I'll change the ones on the wiki, even though you need to add reasons before changing the texts there, which will take time...
Also, I don't think I'll start until the end of next month, just FYI.

And yeah, forgot one more detail. It freezes when you try to change the config for a gamepad, keyboard is fine.
I tried updating it properly with the update patch and it works again like normal.
Either you want to check on it or not is your choice, but please add the normal update patch exe into the english patch rar pack just in case.

Zelinko

• The Wandering Mind
« Reply #713 on: November 07, 2014, 08:55:12 AM »
Nice work on the update but I noticed that in the 'Configure Equipment' prompt when hitting the 'Reset Configuration' Button the prompt is not translated.  Is this a bug or something that was missed?
This Space For Rent

« Reply #714 on: November 07, 2014, 11:01:44 PM »
It is something that was missed. Thanks for reporting it, even if it's a bit too late.
I'll try to fix it if I do a new version.

Ciel

• Green-Eyed Jealousy
« Reply #715 on: November 09, 2014, 03:02:10 PM »
So I peeked into Gensokyo.org and I found this and...

Holy crap it's done T___T; <3333 It took a long mile but it's done

Many thanks to Ciel, too, for making the 1st version of this patch. Without his work, I don't think I would have begun to work on this patch. Also, thanks for making everything related to design in this first patch. Also, thanks for making everything related to design in this first patch.
... *her X'D (but it's okay)

But it's fine, you did most of the coding part, actually! The text is basically the real thing out there, I only did most of the design work, which is... I guess it's not much. I'm sorry from just absconding from the project like that all of the sudden too T__T; BUT YES, GOOD JOB! Have a pat in the back! o/

I made a video on the full english patch release since I definitely think it needs attention for your efforts man.

I'm circulating it around as well. I think it's best to let Gensokyo.org know about it as well once the malware stuff dies down.
GPOP I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT TRAILER IS AMAZING

EVERYTHING IS AMAZINGGGG

Just some weirdo, move along!

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #716 on: November 10, 2014, 01:55:14 AM »
I remember going through a little more than half of the stories on the Wiki, editing for accuracy and flow, but I know I didn't get to go over any of the ending text whatsoever.

Is there anything else besides the story and endings that need another look?

« Reply #717 on: November 10, 2014, 10:46:47 PM »
Maybe the skills, and the music room comments. I don't know if they were checked (note : the skills translations in the game are different from the ones in the wiki).
And for the newspaper at the end of a fight in VS mode, I'm not sure someone else than me checked them, so it may be useful to check them again.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #718 on: November 15, 2014, 12:50:38 AM »
Btw, with the patch out, should we make a new thread so it would be easier for people to find it on this board alone?

« Reply #719 on: November 15, 2014, 06:55:49 AM »
Yeah, it is kind of weird for the patch to not be on the first page. It would be best if another thread is made so that there are patches on the first page.