Author Topic: Testing out solutions to Touhou 13.5 patch?  (Read 391484 times)

TwilightsCall

• 名探偵ヱリカ参上!
  • あなたの応手を拝見しましょう
Re: Testing out solutions to Touhou 13.5 patch?
« Reply #600 on: April 08, 2014, 04:45:55 AM »
In that case (and actually in general, after a bit of reflection), I think the best solution would be to replace the last sentence with:

"Unpopular" in the title can also mean "lack of signs of life."

It makes it more "english," which I suppose is what the patch is trying to do.  Referencing the Japanese title when it isn't available seems a little strange in hindsight >.>

As for the newspaper translations...first of all, no, I am unfortunately not able to handle image editing :(

Secondly, I suppose its theoretically possible I'll be done translating them in two weeks, but in all honesty, I'll probably be spending the next week finishing up the last of my school stuff.  After about...monday, I'll be completely free, so if I work like a maniac then it's possible,  but when you include the time to find and image editor/complete the image editing, I wouldn't expect it.

I was actually planning on coming in here and giving a status update, but I suppose this post fulfills that purpose!  If you want me to push for finishing in two weeks, I'll do my best, but knowing my work ethic I wouldn't hold my breath :x

« Reply #601 on: April 08, 2014, 08:32:50 AM »
Ok. Then, take your time.
For the image editing, the images' background is black, so we just have to fill everything with black, then write the english text over this. I think I can do it.

So, as I said, I'll release a new patch version soon Here is a test version : http://www.mediafire.com/download/lsdi7vww782cs4e/th135eb.pak
(To use it, install the last version of the english patch, then copy the file above in the hopeless masquerade's folder).
If you see anything wrong, please report it.

« Reply #602 on: April 12, 2014, 08:16:17 PM »
Here is the new version : http://www.mediafire.com/download/i4btme1oela5eto/th135_english_patch_v1_03.exe
After doing some tests with Windows XP, I must recall that if you see a message  like "[...]\th135arc.exe is not a valid Win32 application", there is a solution here : http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,14754.msg1075161.html#msg1075161
Also, a bug in the installer I forgot to fix : if you enter the path manually, you may have to write it between quotes (for example "C:\Program Files (x86)\Touhou 13.5").

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #603 on: April 12, 2014, 10:31:50 PM »
So all that's needed to be done is the newspaper translations?

I can share this english patch around a bit, as I'm really sure a lot of people would want it :V

« Reply #604 on: April 13, 2014, 11:58:21 AM »
I FINALLY ACHIEVED TO FIX THIS BUG WITH THE WATERFALL (http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,14754.msg1042129.html#msg1042129) !!! 6 months since I work on this.
Thanks to riatre for sharing his tools' source code. These tools had a small bug and didn't repack th135.pak correctly, it seems. So I tried to reduce their usage as much as I can. Now, they only uncrypt the part of the archive encrypted with RSA, and re-encrypt them with the new key.
Here is my version of th135 : http://www.mediafire.com/download/wpchdv1ynosau61/th135arc.zip (sorry, there's some things really ugly in the source code, and this version perhaps need some DLLs).
So I'll release a new version of the english patch soon, with this bug fixed, and some in the installer.

Gpop : yes, don't hesitate to share it everywhere.
But you can wait some days for the new version, as said just above.
And yes, after this new version, all that will be needed to be done is the newspaper translations. And fixing 2 or 3 more things.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 12:02:53 PM by brliron »

« Reply #605 on: April 13, 2014, 06:02:23 PM »
New version (yes, only 1 day after the last one, but I didn't tought I could fix this bug this quickly).
This one fix the bug I talk about in the post above, and 2 small bugs with the installer. It also makes the installation quicker.
Here is the link : http://www.mediafire.com/download/hierm3mbjce3o0e/th135_english_patch_v1_03a.exe

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #606 on: April 13, 2014, 06:18:53 PM »
One question

The guys at #shinkirou are wondering if the english version works well in netplay with the JP version, if it was supposed to work with each other or not, or if it was even intended.

« Reply #607 on: April 13, 2014, 06:53:57 PM »
I tried a while ago, and it worked. But it was a while ago.
I retry and I edit my message.

Edit :
It works perfectly.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 07:13:59 PM by brliron »

Lukesky180

• Knight of the Hungry Ghost
  • Yuyuko-sama!
    • HSE-Endeavor's Robotics Team
« Reply #608 on: April 13, 2014, 08:03:03 PM »
One question

The guys at #shinkirou are wondering if the english version works well in netplay with the JP version, if it was supposed to work with each other or not, or if it was even intended.
As brilion said, it does work, thank goodness!

And once again, another version. Thanks, brilion! :D
>This is the little mistress.
>Oh, hello little one!
Is this my dream, the destiny to behold?
~Sister of Scarlet~

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #609 on: April 13, 2014, 08:19:34 PM »
I tried a while ago, and it worked. But it was a while ago.
I retry and I edit my message.

Edit :
It works perfectly.

Just tested it out as well. It doesn't work with the english version as a host to the japanese version, but it does connect if the japanese version is the host.

« Reply #610 on: April 13, 2014, 09:09:14 PM »
Are you sure ? It works on my computers.
Maybe the computer running the japanese version hasn't japanese local settings. I noticed a japanese version on a non-japanese computer crashes when it try to connect. And AppLocale doesn't seem to fix that bug.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #611 on: April 13, 2014, 09:26:52 PM »
Are you sure ? It works on my computers.
Maybe the computer running the japanese version hasn't japanese local settings. I noticed a japanese version on a non-japanese computer crashes when it try to connect. And AppLocale doesn't seem to fix that bug.
Maybe, since I'm currently running my computer in japanese-locale. I still find this really odd though.

Gamer251

• DJ FlanFlan
  • Too lazy to type long sentences.
« Reply #612 on: April 14, 2014, 11:18:11 AM »
Good Job on the progress, brliron and others  :D
So, what was wrong with the waterfall thing?

EDIT: Nevermind, saw what was the problem.

And as what Gpop says, if the English one is used for hosting, it would just lead to black screens for both players.
Haven't tested the latest version yet though.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 11:21:33 AM by Gamer251 »

"You ought to watch out, yourself. Even a high-school girl can make her own weapons these days, after all..."

« Reply #613 on: April 22, 2014, 03:56:09 PM »
When we install the game, we need to install a font on the user's computer. So, the user have the font Arial_th135 everywhere he can choose a font (in word, for example), which is a bad thing.
So I worked on a way to make the new font available in the game, without installing it on the computer.
I won't give the details (except if someone want them, in that case he can ask me), I managed to do this with some DLL injection.
So, here is the DLL : http://www.mediafire.com/download/apsr68xk8a7l9rk/135e.dll (there is probably some ways to reduce its size).
Also, I needed to edit the binary, so that it uses the new dll. Here it is : http://www.mediafire.com/download/qg94qw5ksklf9ql/th135e.exe
And, as the font is non longer in the system directories, it must be in the game's directory. You can download it here : http://www.mediafire.com/download/s1l777jr5hfc4wu/Arial_th135.ttf
All these files must be in the game's directory.
Please test this, to ensure it works well.

Gamer251

• DJ FlanFlan
« Reply #614 on: April 23, 2014, 03:13:07 AM »
When we install the game, we need to install a font on the user's computer. So, the user have the font Arial_th135 everywhere he can choose a font (in word, for example), which is a bad thing.
So I worked on a way to make the new font available in the game, without installing it on the computer.
I won't give the details (except if someone want them, in that case he can ask me), I managed to do this with some DLL injection.
So, here is the DLL : http://www.mediafire.com/download/apsr68xk8a7l9rk/135e.dll (there is probably some ways to reduce its size).
Also, I needed to edit the binary, so that it uses the new dll. Here it is : http://www.mediafire.com/download/qg94qw5ksklf9ql/th135e.exe
And, as the font is non longer in the system directories, it must be in the game's directory. You can download it here : http://www.mediafire.com/download/s1l777jr5hfc4wu/Arial_th135.ttf

So does this mean we have to delete the font file off our computer, or just leave it be?

"You ought to watch out, yourself. Even a high-school girl can make her own weapons these days, after all..."

« Reply #615 on: April 23, 2014, 07:20:40 AM »
As you want.
The font loading should work correctly on any computer. I should test with a Windows XP 32 bits to be sure, but I think it will work. And I think if you already have the font on your computer, it will not cause more problems.
The only thing I wonder is if my DLL injection doesn't create bugs (for example, at the beginning, it caused the game to crash when I tried to delete a profile).

TwilightsCall

• 名探偵ヱリカ参上!
  • あなたの応手を拝見しましょう
« Reply #616 on: April 29, 2014, 07:48:54 PM »
Okay just figured I'd post to give you an update on my progress.

I've been kind of out of it recently since I left home to visit my parents for a while, but I've started making progress again.  I've translated just over half of the files I have right now (including the ones that were already done), and if I can get myself to actually work consistently I should be done the rest in a not too long period of time.  I won't put a date on it because then I'll just miss it, but it should be done soon!

« Reply #617 on: May 14, 2014, 10:44:41 AM »

Doesn't work in Win7 x64. The game won't load, it just hangs on startup with a black screen. Tried running it as administrator and in compatibility mode, no change. All 3 files are in the game's directory.

EDIT: I got it working by following the instructions in this post:

Ok, we'll use the manual way.
Download this file : http://www.mediafire.com/download/x13k6gmg44qa6m7/th135e.pak
and copy it aside the original game.
Then, copy the files th135e.exe and th135eb.pak from the archive I gave you just above (th135_english_patch_v1_02a_unpacked.zip), to the game's location.
Finally, open Arial_th135.ttf from the archive I gave you just above (th135_english_patch_v1_02a_unpacked.zip), and click on "Install".

I did not replace the .exe with the one from the zip file, nor did I install the font to windows, so as far as I can see, your latest patch works.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 11:17:51 AM by Vid-szhite »

« Reply #618 on: May 14, 2014, 09:49:58 PM »
I forgot to say that it wasn't the full patch's version, but only some files intended to be copied over an already installed english patch.

« Reply #619 on: May 26, 2014, 08:54:06 PM »
As far as translations are concerned, what else needs to be done? I understand TwilightsCall submitted some translations to make up for what was missing from the wiki, but I'm wondering is there anything else translation-wise that could be worked on for the patch? I was busy for a decent amout of time this year, but now I've managed to find enough time to help translate if you need it.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 08:56:32 PM by grgspunk »

« Reply #620 on: May 27, 2014, 06:59:42 AM »
If we didn't forget anything, all that rest are the newspaper in VS mode. TwilightsCall is working on them, so I let you ask him if you can help him.

Ciel

• Green-Eyed Jealousy
« Reply #621 on: May 30, 2014, 05:06:10 PM »
HI GUYS, DOES ANYONE REMEMBER ME-

Brliron nudged me on mail like... days ago, and I just saw it recently 8'D So hopefully I can drag it here to make it a bit more open I HOPE YOU GUYS DON'T MIND

Hello
The Hopeless Masquerade's translation is nearly finished. To finish some things, I'd like to ask you some questions concerning the fonts you used.
Firstly, someone said "Elegent flurry" should be replaced by beautiful combo / chain attack in the file data\actor\effect\texture\plus.png. Do you mind if I update your work ? Or do you want to do it yourself ?
If I do it myself, I need to know what font was used. I think it's URWImperialT, font size 30, bold, with black outline of 3 px, color #7978F1 (in RGB notation, 240 50 95 in hsl notation). Am I right ? I think it's not exactly this, but near enough to use it.
And, we also translate the newspapers in VS mode. The font used is Clarendon, font size 95, font color #E5E5E5 (in RGB notation, 0 0 90 in hsl notation), horizontally stretched per 75%, right ?
Very good eye on the fonts, the both of them, that's basically it~ Except it's actually URWImperialTWid with color code #807fff, but close enough! 8DD How did you know?

The newspapers are scaled to whatever width it fits. Just adjust it to make it look nice, for me. Contrary to the comments above, you don't just throw black and put letters in paint. ^^; If you looked closely in the original Japanese version, there's a grainy texture on the letterings. But I'll save the effort for you guys and let you use my template 8D Feel free to edit it if you want I doubt it but... claim it as yours and I'll knock you with a trout

As for Elegant Flurry, ah... I thought that would come up sooner or later. I was surprised it wasn't sooner. That was meant to be a placeholder while I think of something better.

IMO, Beautiful Combo is a bit too long... Brliron reccomended something shorter, like 'Nice Combo'. But here, I'll put this here and you guys can decide it among yourselves. 8D

Or if there's a recommendation for it, do let me know~ Just remember it can't be TOO long or it will end up a bit too cramped like 'Beautiful Combo'.

I have no idea how does the new patching system work, so I can't help to test it. Sorry. (And I forgot how to play this game and I need to refresh how to use my old tools... And it's really late here. ^_^; )

But while I'm here, is anyone having issues with the design, other than what I listed above? GL GAIZZZ

Just some weirdo, move along!

Gamer251

• DJ FlanFlan
« Reply #622 on: May 31, 2014, 01:05:06 AM »
HI GUYS, DOES ANYONE REMEMBER ME-

Brliron nudged me on mail like... days ago, and I just saw it recently 8'D So hopefully I can drag it here to make it a bit more open I HOPE YOU GUYS DON'T MIND
Very good eye on the fonts, the both of them, that's basically it~ Except it's actually URWImperialTWid with color code #807fff, but close enough! 8DD How did you know?

The newspapers are scaled to whatever width it fits. Just adjust it to make it look nice, for me. Contrary to the comments above, you don't just throw black and put letters in paint. ^^; If you looked closely in the original Japanese version, there's a grainy texture on the letterings. But I'll save the effort for you guys and let you use my template 8D Feel free to edit it if you want I doubt it but... claim it as yours and I'll knock you with a trout

As for Elegant Flurry, ah... I thought that would come up sooner or later. I was surprised it wasn't sooner. That was meant to be a placeholder while I think of something better.

IMO, Beautiful Combo is a bit too long... Brliron reccomended something shorter, like 'Nice Combo'. But here, I'll put this here and you guys can decide it among yourselves. 8D

Or if there's a recommendation for it, do let me know~ Just remember it can't be TOO long or it will end up a bit too cramped like 'Beautiful Combo'.

I have no idea how does the new patching system work, so I can't help to test it. Sorry. (And I forgot how to play this game and I need to refresh how to use my old tools... And it's really late here. ^_^; )

But while I'm here, is anyone having issues with the design, other than what I listed above? GL GAIZZZ

wb, Ciel~
Nice Combo or Chain Attack looks good.
Beautiful combo is cramped, but it also looks good.
If it were me, it'll be Nice Combo or Chain Attack.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 02:29:15 AM by Gamer251 »

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #623 on: May 31, 2014, 02:26:57 AM »
Chain Attack sounds a bit too mechanical, and Nice Combo seems a bit too faint a praise where some of the bigger combos some of the guys can pull off here are concerned. Is Great Combo too long?

Lukesky180

• Knight of the Hungry Ghost
  • Yuyuko-sama!
    • HSE-Endeavor's Robotics Team
« Reply #624 on: May 31, 2014, 03:09:34 AM »
I like Chain Attack <3
>This is the little mistress.
>Oh, hello little one!
Is this my dream, the destiny to behold?
~Sister of Scarlet~

Ciel

• Green-Eyed Jealousy
« Reply #625 on: June 05, 2014, 12:08:37 PM »
YES HI GAMER YOU'RE STILL HERE, GL WITH YOUR MODS

Chain Attack sounds a bit too mechanical, and Nice Combo seems a bit too faint a praise where some of the bigger combos some of the guys can pull off here are concerned. Is Great Combo too long?
Ahh yes, Great Combo is possible, but IMO, if you ask me, it's a bit plain, aha ;~; But OKAY HERE

This one is Nice Combo

This one is Chain Attack

This one is Great Combo

Go ahead and take your pick~ It's up to the new people making this patch now for the final decision, I guess 8D

Just some weirdo, move along!

Prime32

• Munch-Munch Demon
« Reply #626 on: June 05, 2014, 03:30:13 PM »
What about just "GREAT!"

« Reply #627 on: June 06, 2014, 01:08:44 AM »
If you shorten it to a single word, may as well stick with Beautiful. "Beautiful Combo" is very... Touhou. I hate to see it shortened at all, honestly.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #628 on: June 06, 2014, 02:23:32 AM »
Comboful

Kimidori

• Undefined Fantastic Girl, Nue
« Reply #629 on: June 06, 2014, 07:27:41 AM »
Elegant Combo?

"No matter what, cute is justice. If you're watching shows without moe, you should really be questioning your life decisions. The creation of 2D anime girls is the pinnacle of human achievement." -Logan M