Author Topic: Testing out solutions to Touhou 13.5 patch?  (Read 391467 times)

Gamer251

• DJ FlanFlan
  • Too lazy to type long sentences.
Re: Testing out solutions to Touhou 13.5 patch?
« Reply #330 on: September 15, 2013, 02:28:16 PM »
So, I re-positioned the text box.
It SERIOUSLY looked good.
Thanks LadyScarlet~  :D

Anyway, I just copied the coordinates of the text (640,410) and removed 10 pixels (630,400).
It's actually nice~

The only problem is that the text box overlaps the design.I could move the text and the text box a little to the left, but I'm too busy...   :blush:
Here's the picture:

"You ought to watch out, yourself. Even a high-school girl can make her own weapons these days, after all..."

Quwanti

• Pixel stuff
« Reply #331 on: September 16, 2013, 07:58:23 PM »
I don't think it's such problem it overlaps with the portrait. It will do so too when vertical.

Some stuff stills needs to be tweeked, but it generally looks pretty good to me.

Gamer251

• DJ FlanFlan
« Reply #332 on: September 16, 2013, 10:00:52 PM »
I don't think it's such problem it overlaps with the portrait. It will do so too when vertical.

Some stuff stills needs to be tweeked, but it generally looks pretty good to me.

It's not the portrait I'm talking about.
It's the, um, background thingy.
The dark green one.

"You ought to watch out, yourself. Even a high-school girl can make her own weapons these days, after all..."

Quwanti

• Pixel stuff
« Reply #333 on: September 17, 2013, 12:25:49 AM »
Oh wait, the green bar on the right. I see.

Well, moving it a bit to the left wouldn't be a big deal, right?

Gamer251

• DJ FlanFlan
« Reply #334 on: September 17, 2013, 11:00:09 AM »
Oh wait, the green bar on the right. I see.

Well, moving it a bit to the left wouldn't be a big deal, right?

I'm seeing how many pixels I'll remove for it to move to the left.
I bet it'll be another 10, though.

« Reply #335 on: September 17, 2013, 05:52:27 PM »
Maybe you can also try to add an extra line, and move around some stuff (there is a lot of space between the title of the song and "The Lost Emotion").

Good idea.

Is it fine ?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 06:00:05 PM by brliron »

« Reply #336 on: September 18, 2013, 07:15:44 AM »
Looks good. Is that the longest text for descriptions of music?

« Reply #337 on: September 18, 2013, 05:02:07 PM »
Yes.

Gamer251

• DJ FlanFlan
« Reply #338 on: September 19, 2013, 12:02:42 PM »
Here we go:
https://mega.co.nz/#!h9EWgZ4I!YBCRaRunPrlSkf9m52sUOkH3s70THu3DJyPriLwGtYc

The story select files.
It should look great now.
Be sure to include and make adjustments to this if necessary ^^

« Reply #339 on: September 19, 2013, 07:30:47 PM »
This is nice, but not perfect. Here is some things that should be changed, I think :
  • There isn't enough space between the box's border and the text.
  • For futo, you used 2 simple quotes as double quotes. But when we'll hack a font, we should use the new character instead.
  • The font weight is too big (story_select.act.txt, line 850).

BTW, who will hack the font ? And, before hacking the font, I ask once again : is everyone fine with arial ?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 07:37:29 PM by brliron »

« Reply #340 on: September 19, 2013, 11:19:11 PM »
I was wondering if this is the actual group working on the patch for HM? I'm curious as to how far along it's coming, and if I could be of any help with the visual solutions/results

Gamer251

• DJ FlanFlan
« Reply #341 on: September 20, 2013, 01:19:03 AM »
    This is nice, but not perfect. Here is some things that should be changed, I think :
    • There isn't enough space between the box's border and the text.
    • For futo, you used 2 simple quotes as double quotes. But when we'll hack a font, we should use the new character instead.
    • The font weight is too big (story_select.act.txt, line 850).

BTW, who will hack the font ? And, before hacking the font, I ask once again : is everyone fine with arial ?

Answers to queries:
    • I maximized the space so that the text would fit. The font size is 14, the text coordinates are "620,390", the boxes are "610,380".
    • You DO know what will happen if you use double quotes, right? The text will cut, and the text after the last double-quote will show.
    • Font Weight? I think I haven't been to line 850 yet, Too busy with stuff.

I think we should just make our own font containing the styles needed.
    But I do think that hacking is easier.
    Anyways, good luck~[/list]
    « Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 02:19:48 AM by Gamer251 »

« Reply #342 on: September 20, 2013, 07:01:30 AM »
    @Sonae :
    There is 2 groups working on the patch : cuc's group, and us.

Cuc and his group are doing the "official" patch. But I don't have any idea about when it will be done.

And our group is doing the "unofficial" patch. There is still some things to do, but we begin to see the end.
    I said 2 weeks ago that it may be finished 2 weeks or 1 month later. It's quite hard to estimate how much time we'll need to finish, but I still think it may be finished into 2 weeks.

You offered to help. If you can do something, it will be nice.
    For now, I see 2 things to do :
    • Re-doing the skills descriptions.
      There is no need to re-translate the text, but since we took a smaller font, the line endings doesn't look good (sometime, the line ends in the middle of a word).
      If you want to help with this, I'll give you all you need for that.
    • Hacking a font

@Gamer251 :
    We already talked about the quotes :
    http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,14754.msg1007689.html#msg1007689
    And japanese quotes doesn't work with arial.

And editing fonts isn't too hard. I found a free program to do this : http://sourceforge.net/projects/ttfedit/

But I'm not really good on graphical things. If you want, I can do a font where I replace the $ sign by double quotes, but this will not be beautiful...

Gamer251

• DJ FlanFlan
    « Reply #343 on: September 20, 2013, 10:46:04 AM »
    And japanese quotes doesn't work with arial.

I know that.
    Although there are other fonts pre-installed on Windows.
    On Japanese non-Unicode.

And editing fonts isn't too hard. I found a free program to do this : http://sourceforge.net/projects/ttfedit/

But I'm not really good on graphical things. If you want, I can do a font where I replace the $ sign by double quotes, but this will not be beautiful...

Hm...
    I could try that.
    I could substitute the double quotes to japanese quotes.

« Reply #344 on: September 20, 2013, 04:15:49 PM »
    By helping I guess I mean giving my opinion on how things look. ^^' I don't have any programming or translating skills...

« Reply #345 on: September 20, 2013, 09:34:27 PM »
    @Sonae :
    ok (I thought so, that's why I still didn't give the links you need to redo the skills descriptions).

@Gamer251 :
    Although there are other fonts pre-installed on Windows.
    On Japanese non-Unicode.

That's why I often ask the same question, waiting to have an answer : will we use arial ? Or another SHIFT-JIS compatible font ? Or another one we'll have to hack ?
    I think using a SHIFT-JIS compatible font is the easiest. It doesn't have to be close to arial, it just have to looks good in game. Also, if it isn't too big, it will be easier to fit the text in boxes, but if it's a big font, we'll deal with it.
    Sonae : you can help here, for example. If you want, I can do a small post to explain how to easily change the font.

And, just 1 more thing :
    I could substitute the double quotes to japanese quotes.
    Not sure it's a good idea. I'm not sure in which direction I should understand this (when there is a " in the script, the game displays 「, or when there is a 「 in the script, the game displays "). If it's the first one, that will be a problem in files where we can't use double quotes, like csv files. If it's the second one, we'll have an encoding-dependent character, and I prefer avoid this if possible, because this often cause problems.
    I didn't choose the $ randomly. The ASCII table (http://www.asciitable.com/index/asciifull.gif) contains all characters that are common to all encodings.
    We shouldn't use non-printable characters, characters used by the game or characters used in english. After all this, there is still enough characters :
    ! $ % & * + < = > @ ^ _ { } ~
    Maybe I put too much characters (for example, I think I have already seen the ~ in the english text). I think we can use the braces.

Gamer251

• DJ FlanFlan
    « Reply #346 on: September 21, 2013, 06:08:34 AM »
    @Sonae :
    ok (I thought so, that's why I still didn't give the links you need to redo the skills descriptions).

@Gamer251 :
    That's why I often ask the same question, waiting to have an answer : will we use arial ? Or another SHIFT-JIS compatible font ? Or another one we'll have to hack ?
    I think using a SHIFT-JIS compatible font is the easiest. It doesn't have to be close to arial, it just have to looks good in game. Also, if it isn't too big, it will be easier to fit the text in boxes, but if it's a big font, we'll deal with it.
    Sonae : you can help here, for example. If you want, I can do a small post to explain how to easily change the font.

And, just 1 more thing :Not sure it's a good idea. I'm not sure in which direction I should understand this (when there is a " in the script, the game displays 「, or when there is a 「 in the script, the game displays "). If it's the first one, that will be a problem in files where we can't use double quotes, like csv files. If it's the second one, we'll have an encoding-dependent character, and I prefer avoid this if possible, because this often cause problems.
    I didn't choose the $ randomly. The ASCII table (http://www.asciitable.com/index/asciifull.gif) contains all characters that are common to all encodings.
    We shouldn't use non-printable characters, characters used by the game or characters used in english. After all this, there is still enough characters :
    ! $ % & * + < = > @ ^ _ { } ~
    Maybe I put too much characters (for example, I think I have already seen the ~ in the english text). I think we can use the braces.

Braces actually can be substituted to Japanese Quotes.
    So, what font are we hacking?
    I'm finding a font file that would be great for substitution.

« Reply #347 on: September 21, 2013, 09:32:37 AM »
    I dunno about a lot of things, but I liked the look of the Japanese quotes in that picture earlier.
    I'd gladly make an attempt on something simple, I just don't have many skills yet, or much patience.

Gamer251

• DJ FlanFlan
    « Reply #348 on: September 21, 2013, 09:40:16 AM »
    Oh, and is there any news on the translation of the endings?
    If there isn't, I'd gladly want to translate the ending.
    What files are going to be edited?

« Reply #349 on: September 21, 2013, 05:06:15 PM »
    Xavart just finished to put the endings into the patch.
    And I just finished to copy the music room's description.

Now, we are working on the text after a fight in VS mode. I'll give a new pak file with all this when it will be done.
    « Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 05:44:36 PM by brliron »

Quwanti

• Pixel stuff
    « Reply #350 on: September 21, 2013, 07:33:55 PM »
    Cuc said earlier that the "Palanquin Ship" stage doesn't actually say "Palanquin Ship", but "Treasure Ship Above the Clouds". Just saying so it is a correct translation.

Ju

Lukesky180

• Knight of the Hungry Ghost
    • Yuyuko-sama!
      • HSE-Endeavor's Robotics Team
    « Reply #351 on: September 22, 2013, 02:24:15 AM »
    Xavart just finished to put the endings into the patch.
    And I just finished to copy the music room's description.

Now, we are working on the text after a fight in VS mode. I'll give a new pak file with all this when it will be done.
    I can't wait for another release~!
    >This is the little mistress.
    >Oh, hello little one!
    Is this my dream, the destiny to behold?
    ~Sister of Scarlet~

« Reply #352 on: September 27, 2013, 07:23:27 AM »
    I have some questions to ask to everybody...  I and brliron are working on an executable file able to install the patch.

The "old" solution is more easy  to use, but the th135e.exe file have a bug : sometimes music crash.
    To fix that bug we had thought that we can give another exe file patch with th135arc.exe but the game will not work.
    The reason is simple: the re-packed th135b.pak can't be open by the game, and if we patch th135.exe file with th135arc.exe, the original th135.pak will no longer be open by the game because it isn't patched.
    So we made a program  that use th135arc.exe to patch the th135.pak and install the new .exe and the th135b.pak containing the translation.

But we have a problem.
    Have we the authorization to put the th135arc.exe in our install file  ?

Here are some screenshots to show you how that work

Choose yes to save originals files of the game. The program will rename the file in <filename>.old ,so you?ll need a least 1.5 Go to run this patch (you need 1 Go if you choose no).

Now, I really want to now, what do you think of that ?
    « Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 07:27:51 AM by Xavart »

Gamer251

• DJ FlanFlan
    « Reply #353 on: September 27, 2013, 12:48:06 PM »
    You have done a great job, Xavart.
    I think you have authority to put th135arc.exe in the installation, since it's necessary.
    But if you're not sure, try contacting Riatre, which has been offline for too long.

Anyway, how do you guys manage to do this?

Lukesky180

• Knight of the Hungry Ghost
    • Yuyuko-sama!
      • HSE-Endeavor's Robotics Team
    « Reply #354 on: September 27, 2013, 10:34:11 PM »
    And about the text in the install and uninstall programs: Please send me the files that I am able to edit the text, I see many possible corrections and edits in the text.
    >This is the little mistress.
    >Oh, hello little one!
    Is this my dream, the destiny to behold?
    ~Sister of Scarlet~

Gamer251

• DJ FlanFlan
    « Reply #355 on: September 28, 2013, 09:35:45 AM »
    Can you also PM me the installation files and tell me how to edit them?
    I'll be able to do some tweak, too.

« Reply #356 on: October 03, 2013, 12:04:55 PM »
    And about the text in the install and uninstall programs: Please send me the files that I am able to edit the text, I see many possible corrections and edits in the text.
    Can you also PM me the installation files and tell me how to edit them?
    I'll be able to do some tweak, too.
    I will give you the sources when the program will be finished.

Edit:
    @Gamer251: Sorry, but for now I can't send PM.
    I have to post at least 3 times before to have the right to send PM.
    « Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 12:20:08 PM by Xavart »

« Reply #357 on: October 03, 2013, 08:44:12 PM »
    I didn't posted since nearly 2 weeks, because I was working on lots of things together. So all of these things were progressing slowly, and some of them are finished now. So I'll post them, and I'll say what I still have to do.

Let us begin with what I've finished :

I did a new binary. This one is based on the original. I patched it with th135arc.exe /h, I did the font hacking, I changed the window's title, and I changed the pak names. So the binary is still close to the original.
    plus : the binary have the improvements done since the v1.02b (or something like this, I'm not sure which version the Riatre's binary was based on), and it doesn't have the bug with the BGM.
    minus : the binary can't read the original th135.pak.
    That's why the Xavart's installer will be useful. With it, we'll be able to patch the th135.pak during installation, and we won't have to give it.
    And, as I said, I renamed the pak files, so the user can have both the original and patched version in the same folder, as for the other patchs. th135.pak is now th135e.pak, and th135b,pak is now th135eb.pak.
    Here is the link to the new binary : http://www.mediafire.com/download/z09yygn7gvgn551/th135e.exe
    Now, we have some th135e.exe, so I'll call the Riatre's one the v1, the one I gave before the v2, and this one the th135e.exe v3.

Now, the font :
    Xavart hacked a arial font. The font name is Arial_th135, the braces {} are replaced by japaneses quotes, and the $ is replaced by double quotes.
    Here is a link to this font : http://www.mediafire.com/download/s1l777jr5hfc4wu/Arial_th135.ttf
    This is the default font used by the binary I gave 6 lines above. The Xavart installer will also install the font.

Still about the font and the new binary :
    I did a program called font.exe, 2 or 3 weeks ago. This program change the default font used by my binary.
    But the font.exe I gave was for th135e.exe v2. In v3, the font isn't at the same offset into the file.
    So I took 30 seconds to update my font.exe. Here is the new one : http://www.mediafire.com/download/27zrey15lbo73mn/font.exe

Now, I'll talk about what I won't give now.

Firstly, the auto-center for story mode. I posted some screenshots, I gave my balloon files, but I don't remember if I gave the centered pl files. I think I didn't.
    But I prefer give the pl files when I'll have done all I want to do with them. I still have some small things to do (for example, replace the double quotes by dollars), but I'll finish soon.

For the csv files, it's nearly finished, too. There is some adjustments to do on Xavart's source code about new lines, because the data are handled a bit differently than in pl files.
    And, in csv files too, when a dialogue contains more than 3 lines, I have to center with spaces. I did it, but a space takes less place than, for example, a H, so this is a bit ugly. I found a way to fix it, but it isn't really easy (I think i can use this : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd144938(VS.85).aspx , but it means that we'll have to create a window, but we shouldn't display it if possible). So I'll do it someday, but maybe not for the patch v1.0.

Also, Xavart put the endings into the patch. Here, too, there is a bug, when the character name has 6 characters.

When all this will be finished, I'll post a big th135eb,pak, with all this. This will be the basis for the patch v1.0 (or it will be the patch v1.0 if it is perfect, but I don't think it will...).
    I'll also post a new link to my auto-translation tools, BTW. There is lots improvements here, too.
    « Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 08:54:58 PM by brliron »

« Reply #358 on: October 05, 2013, 09:39:30 AM »
    I talked about some things I didn't give 2 days ago. I'll give them now.
    Firstly, the auto-translation tools : http://www.mediafire.com/download/d3zj9eqpsri6cdg/auto_translation.zip
    There is still the problem in csv flies when a dialogue contains more than 3 lines, but as I said, I won't fix it now.

Next, the files generated by my tools : http://www.mediafire.com/download/0xnhrlgce268l36/patched_files.zip

And, at last, the th135eb.pak : http://www.mediafire.com/download/lsdi7vww782cs4e/th135eb.pak

Please tell me what you think about that, and report any bug you find.

« Reply #359 on: October 05, 2013, 09:42:07 AM »
    Here is a post where I'll put all bugs, things missing etc. I'll try to keep it up to date.

We have to replace Elegant Flurry by Beautiful combo / chain attack.
    The newspaper in VS mode aren't translated.

The following texts in story files may or must be fixed each time we reload the translations from the wiki :

hijiri stage7.pl : text overflowing "lost, the humans'hearts became hardened...?" (It overflows a bit, but it may be let like this)

miko stage7.pl : text overflowing ("became a youkai that can control people's hearts.") (We don't see 3 pixels of the "b". Maybe we can let this like this)

futo stage7.pl : there is a end of line character in a \R[|], causing the game to crash.
    Manually fixed to :
    "Take this! My arcane",b15x3_1_2,0,0
    "\R[Noh of Darkness|Monkey Possession]!\",b15x3_2_2,0,0

koichi stage7.pl : text overflowing ("going to take the mask of hope from you rignt now !")
    Manually fixed to :
    "How pitiful! In order to prevent you",a15x3_1_3,0,0
    "from becoming like me, I'm going to take",a15x3_2_3,0,0
    "the Mask of Hope from you right now!\",a15x3_3_3,0,0

kokoro stage6win.pl : text overflowing ("should awaken from the hope welling up within v...")
    Manually fixed to :
    "Even if we just leave things be after",a15x3_1_3,0,0
    "this, your sense of self should awaken",a15x3_2_3,0,0
    "from the hope welling up within you.\",a15x3_3_3,0,0
    « Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 06:04:02 PM by brliron »