Author Topic: Testing out solutions to Touhou 13.5 patch?  (Read 391534 times)

Gamer251

• DJ FlanFlan
  • Too lazy to type long sentences.
Re: Testing out solutions to Touhou 13.5 patch?
« Reply #270 on: August 25, 2013, 04:24:18 PM »
Oh, and where will I put the "talk" folder?
In the subdirectory of data?
I saw a talk folder there.

Oh, and when I try /h th135.exe, it won't run.
I tried solutions found at this forum, mainly the "/p th135e" (What will I repack, the th135 folder renamed?) and the th135e.exe
But it didn't work.
Any tips?

EDIT:
Oh, and this are the problems I have.

(Oh God, why  :getdown: )
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 05:03:15 PM by Gamer251 »

"You ought to watch out, yourself. Even a high-school girl can make her own weapons these days, after all..."

« Reply #271 on: August 26, 2013, 09:42:19 AM »
Hey, I'm wondering, is there anything left for me to do to try to help? I don't have any particular experience, am a little lazy, and don't really think I could help with the translations themselves, but would like to try helping out, and getting programming experience at the same time.

Quwanti

• Pixel stuff
« Reply #272 on: August 26, 2013, 03:27:31 PM »
@Gamer251

The solution for that was posted a few pages bag, iirc.

Gamer251

• DJ FlanFlan
« Reply #273 on: August 26, 2013, 03:57:48 PM »
@Gamer251

The solution for that was posted a few pages bag, iirc.

Sorry, but can you link me?
I've been scrolling down these pages for an hour or 2 now.  ???

"You ought to watch out, yourself. Even a high-school girl can make her own weapons these days, after all..."

« Reply #274 on: August 26, 2013, 06:10:19 PM »
Here is the new english patch :
v0.3 : http://www.mediafire.com/download/br085cchqu0aqho/th135en_0_3.zip
v0.3b : http://www.mediafire.com/download/5xitc6esxmxj9vo/th135en_0_3b.zip
As the last time, I release 2 versions. That's because with the v0.3b, I did something so that the text can overflow. With it, you can read the text even when it overflows. but in the final version, the text will no longer overflows, so what I did will be removed.

@Gamer251 :
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,14754.msg989256.html#msg989256
Or you can copy the file data/system/talk/balloon.act from the patch (v0.3 or v0.3b).
Also, th135arc.exe /p th135e pack the files in the directory th135e to a file called th135e.pak

@Mariotag :
I posted a month ago a list of things remaining to translate, and I'll try to keep it up to date : http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,14754.msg1004128.html#msg1004128
also we have to find how to change the font in the story mode. I searched a lot, and I didn't found.
You can try, if you want.

« Reply #275 on: August 26, 2013, 07:01:16 PM »
Okay, which font do I try changing to?

Lukesky180

• Knight of the Hungry Ghost
  • Yuyuko-sama!
    • HSE-Endeavor's Robotics Team
« Reply #276 on: August 26, 2013, 10:45:54 PM »
Here is the new english patch :
v0.3 : http://www.mediafire.com/download/br085cchqu0aqho/th135en_0_3.zip
v0.3b : http://www.mediafire.com/download/5xitc6esxmxj9vo/th135en_0_3b.zip
As the last time, I release 2 versions. That's because with the v0.3b, I did something so that the text can overflow. With it, you can read the text even when it overflows. but in the final version, the text will no longer overflows, so what I did will be removed.
Thanks so much for this!
>This is the little mistress.
>Oh, hello little one!
Is this my dream, the destiny to behold?
~Sister of Scarlet~

« Reply #277 on: August 27, 2013, 06:57:23 AM »
Okay, which font do I try changing to?
We haven't choose, yet.
So just pick a font randomly (Arial, for example). When we'll know how to replace the font, we'll think about which font we should use.

« Reply #278 on: August 27, 2013, 09:26:16 AM »
Alright, I'll see what I can do. This is my first time really attempting anything like this, so I probably won't be quick.

Gamer251

• DJ FlanFlan
« Reply #279 on: August 30, 2013, 10:56:03 AM »
Oh, and how can you make the character files be readable, the 8-bit character files?

« Reply #280 on: August 30, 2013, 08:46:15 PM »
Oh, and how can you make the character files be readable, the 8-bit character files?
Google.
Really. The actual tools from Riatre can't decompress the 8-bit pictures. So you can try to find if the chinese community released a new version, with the help of Google and Google Translation (or bing, if you want. You knows how to search something on the web, I think).
You also can try to contact Riatre, but he didn't come on the forum since the 23 june. Tou can search another way to contact him, and here too, the answer is Google.
You can also try to find someone able to program in Python. Maybe someone here can ?

Nmlgc (someone from thpatch.net, it seems) sent me a mail where he explained me how to change the font. And there, we can put another "oh, Tasofro, what have you done!".
Quote from: Nmlgc
As you might have noticed, th135 actually doesn't use a font name. Like, at all. It just says "Give me whatever Shift-JIS supporting font there is".
So he explained me how to hack the binary in order to change the font. Here is the new binary : http://www.mediafire.com/?gwn696chs62zn64
To change the font, you'll need a text editor able to display non-printable characters. If you haven't one, you can for example use Notepad++
Near the binary's end, there is an "Arial" string. this is the font that will be used everywhere in the game. You can change the font by editing this string. But the binary size mustn't change. So, for each character you add, you must remove a NUL character (0x00 in hexadecimal editors) just behind the font name.
BTW, someone said the fonts in the data/font folder are used when the font doesn't exists in Windows. Does someone can test ?

And, about the patch himself :
I'm working on a auto-center for the story mode. It will be finished soon. I still have to do some adjustments in the balloon.csv file, but that's all. Done : http://www.mediafire.com/download/fsnip2pcp48fp33/balloon_0_4b.zip. Just put these files in data/system/talk.
Xavart began to work on an algorithm to add some \n in the text when it overflows. But for the last adjustments, he'll need to know which font is used. I let you all choose it. Done. It will be available when the rest will be done.
Gpop gave me the ending translations. The file format seems easy to parse, but the \n are often missing. I think I'll add them with Xavart's algorithm.                 Edit : the file format is too different from the original to be used. Moreover, the english text is really bigger than the japanese text. So Xavart is doing it manually. Done.
For the text after a fight in VS mode, I didn't begin, but I'll do it soon.              Edit : Done.
I'll try to put all this into the next version of the patch. Into 2 weeks or a month, I think.

Edit :
A small screenshot to show all this :

I used Arial.
Also, I put 40 pixels between the 1st line and the 2nd one. is it fine ?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 10:21:01 AM by brliron »

Quwanti

• Pixel stuff
« Reply #281 on: August 30, 2013, 10:54:13 PM »
This is great! Now I am finally able to see (spoken) text within the game! There is still some text which doesn't fit the balloon, but those are just details.

« Reply #282 on: August 31, 2013, 12:15:33 AM »
Looks good to me too. From what you just posted, I guess it's no wonder I couldn't figure anything out, I've never worked with raw text programming before. Speaking of which, for my own enlightenment, could you please tell me what "NUL" stands for, and maybe what "/n" is? It'll probably come in handy when I attempt something like this again. [ :

I'd still like to help, but I think all of the remaining stuff is out of my league. Thanks.

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #283 on: August 31, 2013, 01:49:13 AM »
Looks good to me too. From what you just posted, I guess it's no wonder I couldn't figure anything out, I've never worked with raw text programming before. Speaking of which, for my own enlightenment, could you please tell me what "NUL" stands for, and maybe what "/n" is? It'll probably come in handy when I attempt something like this again. [ :

I'd still like to help, but I think all of the remaining stuff is out of my league. Thanks.

I think NUL means NULL in this case (please correct me if I'm wrong) which would essentially mean "nothing is here". Like, if you have a text file and have it say anything (e.g. "I'm a file!"), then the character after the ! would be NULL to signify the end of the text. (could go more in depth but eh, keeping it short and simple)

/n means to make a new line. If you had this in your code "cout << "A new\nline";", then it would print out like this:
A new
line.

This is pretty basic stuff in programming, so you could easily explore more with Google.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

Gamer251

• DJ FlanFlan
« Reply #284 on: August 31, 2013, 06:26:57 AM »
Google didn't work  :derp:
I've been searching for 2 weeks now, almost 24/7.

Oh, and I think I found I way to contact him, via Twitter.
The thing is, I don't know if it's him, but it's Chinese.
https://twitter.com/Suoise

« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 06:41:40 AM by Gamer251 »

« Reply #285 on: August 31, 2013, 06:56:37 AM »
Before finishing with the balloon.csv file, I wanted to try with 3 lines, to see if it's as fine as with 2 lines.
And yes, it is.

Edit : Done : http://www.mediafire.com/download/fsnip2pcp48fp33/balloon_0_4b.zip. Just put these files in data/system/talk.

@Agent of the BSoD : That's it. I called it NUL because Notepad++ call it NUL. I know the others names, but I bet "0x00 in hexadecimal editors" was enough for those who don't use Notepad++.
But :
/n means to make a new line.
No. \n means to make a new line. /n just means /n, in the pl files.
I know it's doesn't seems very different, but for a computer, it's 2F 6E and 5C 6E. He don't think about if it's nearly the same or not. It's different.
For example, you can't imagine the difference between ? and ?
Also, when I finished the 1st version of my tools, I took 4 hours to fix the wiki, because of this. There were lots of small errors. A character missing, a new line instead of a new paragraph...

@Gamer251 :
So, maybe you can try to contact Riatre ?
Or the 3rd option (try to find someone able to program in Python). Google gave me someone that may be able to upgrade the tools :
TFBMTool does not support the 8-bit sprites and their palettes yet. I could try to extend it to support them, if Riatre is okay with that.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 07:18:44 AM by brliron »

Gamer251

• DJ FlanFlan
« Reply #286 on: August 31, 2013, 10:28:47 AM »
Before finishing with the balloon.csv file, I wanted to try with 3 lines, to see if it's as fine as with 2 lines.
And yes, it is.

Edit : Done : http://www.mediafire.com/download/fsnip2pcp48fp33/balloon_0_4b.zip. Just put these files in data/system/talk.

@Agent of the BSoD : That's it. I called it NUL because Notepad++ call it NUL. I know the others names, but I bet "0x00 in hexadecimal editors" was enough for those who don't use Notepad++.
But :No. \n means to make a new line. /n just means /n, in the pl files.
I know it's doesn't seems very different, but for a computer, it's 2F 6E and 5C 6E. He don't think about if it's nearly the same or not. It's different.
For example, you can't imagine the difference between ? and ?
Also, when I finished the 1st version of my tools, I took 4 hours to fix the wiki, because of this. There were lots of small errors. A character missing, a new line instead of a new paragraph...

@Gamer251 :
So, maybe you can try to contact Riatre ?
Or the 3rd option (try to find someone able to program in Python). Google gave me someone that may be able to upgrade the tools :

Hm, I'll ask some people indeed.
Anyway, nice work brliron~
I'm trying to work on things myself.
Like the spell card names, but space is just too small.
I think I can do a thing or two.

Oh, and how can you open the material files in the backGround folder of th135?
Might be unrelated ^^;
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 10:35:46 AM by Gamer251 »

Gamer251

• DJ FlanFlan
« Reply #287 on: August 31, 2013, 11:17:04 AM »
Oh, and the game doesn't use the fonts in the PAK file.
I had to install both.
And don't and DON'T ever use the "Rounded" font one.
It ruins the name of the spell cards in-game.

Also, when I tried the new EXE file, the text won't appear.
(...this has got to be related to the NUL one you're talking about, isn't it brliron?)
I tried to open it with Notepad++, but it just displayed things I can't understand, and filled with NUL.

Forgive me, but I honestly don't know what I'm doing,   :blush:

Forget that, it was the talk files.
The latest talk files made the text disappear :derp:
And also, the "Rounded" font one doesn't have Japanese Character support.
It's okay with the dialogues and English Text, but with the Japanese Character ones, it doesn't look good.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 11:53:05 AM by Gamer251 »

« Reply #288 on: September 01, 2013, 02:55:52 AM »
Okay, thanks. I am still a beginner, as you implied, I'd just hoped I could help with the fonts if I fiddled around, and maybe figured something out. Any explanation is helpful at this point, because I'll understand more simply by trying. There are a few things I intend to try doing, then maybe I can use this to help you in return.

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #289 on: September 01, 2013, 03:04:49 AM »
No. \n means to make a new line. /n just means /n, in the pl files.
Heh, guess I typed it wrong. I did mean \n. :V
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

« Reply #290 on: September 01, 2013, 06:51:21 PM »
If you don't want to edit the binary, I just took 30 minutes to do a small tool that will do it : http://www.mediafire.com/download/v7e3if16z8cdppb/font.exe
Put this program in the same directory than my th135e.exe, execute it, and enter the font name.

« Reply #291 on: September 02, 2013, 08:37:29 PM »
@Gamer251 :
I just notice it while re-reading the old messages, but you said a long time ago that you can help on the translation side.
The only text we must translate before the next patch is the character's intros, in data/system/story_select/summary.txt. Can you translate this, please ?

BTW, I noticed arial doesn't handle japanese quotes. So we'll need to choose a SHIFT-JIS font, or to hack one to replace a unused character by doubles quotes.

Gamer251

• DJ FlanFlan
« Reply #292 on: September 03, 2013, 02:24:22 AM »
@Gamer251 :
I just notice it while re-reading the old messages, but you said a long time ago that you can help on the translation side.
The only text we must translate before the next patch is the character's intros, in data/system/story_select/summary.txt. Can you translate this, please ?

BTW, I noticed arial doesn't handle japanese quotes. So we'll need to choose a SHIFT-JIS font, or to hack one to replace a unused character by doubles quotes.

They translated Reimu already, I think.
I'll try translating it. With help from other people, the wikia, and translators (human or machine).
Oh, and how could it be put horizontally, including the text box?

You could try hacking Arial or Rounded and put Japanese quotes.
I'll search for it. Or just find a Shift-JIS font related to Arial.
Try IPA.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!

« Reply #294 on: September 03, 2013, 07:05:27 PM »
Oh, and how could it be put horizontally, including the text box?

I worked on it, some weeks ago : http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,14754.msg1003816.html#msg1003816

Gamer251

• DJ FlanFlan
« Reply #295 on: September 03, 2013, 09:49:44 PM »
Thanks brliron~
I used your translation of Reimu's summary.
I'm going to work on the summary starting today.
I'm just done doing the text boxes and text.

Gamer251

• DJ FlanFlan
« Reply #296 on: September 04, 2013, 12:39:12 AM »
Why?

Use the actual wiki instead:
http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Hopeless_Masquerade/Translation

There's no translation of the summary there.

I'm finding someone who can translate it CORRECTLY, because most translators are just plain shitty.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #297 on: September 04, 2013, 12:49:11 AM »

There's no translation of the summary there.

I'm finding someone who can translate it CORRECTLY, because most translators are just plain shitty.
Which summary are you referring to?

Are you talking about the prologue? A lot of other translations can be found here

Gamer251

• DJ FlanFlan
« Reply #298 on: September 04, 2013, 10:25:11 AM »
Which summary are you referring to?

Are you talking about the prologue? A lot of other translations can be found here

Sorry. I meant the text when you select a character in Story Mode.
The summary of the character, as I call it.

Gamer251

• DJ FlanFlan
« Reply #299 on: September 04, 2013, 10:48:43 AM »
Here's a translated one for Mamizou:

"Humans have become hopeless on the witching hour . \nThe reason was because of one of the 66 masks of the Menreiki was lost. \n Hope is lost, and it seems the solution is different from one person to another. \nShe overheard about the Menreiki and went to see how she's doing..."