Author Topic: Testing out solutions to Touhou 13.5 patch?  (Read 392829 times)

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
Re: Testing out solutions to Touhou 13.5 patch?
« Reply #240 on: August 13, 2013, 12:24:36 AM »
-cries- I didn't kill her!!!

Enjoy your break Ciel and I didn't mean it that way... I meant to say that I'm patient. 
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

« Reply #241 on: August 15, 2013, 09:07:49 AM »
I did a pack with the new files in the v1.20, that contains japanese characters : http://www.mediafire.com/download/40vx8c16q6gf6g1/th135_120_jp_files.zip
I'm not sure that all files have to be translated (I think we can leave the .nut.txt files, for example), but some files have to be translated (data/system/practice/practice_menu1.png, for example).
And, as the only program I know to edit pictures is paint, and as I really can't understand japanese, I can't translate these files.
So, I'd like you to translate them, and to post them back when it's done.

BTW, I posted a list of things remaining to translate, 1 or 2 weeks ago. Does someone work on this ?

Edit :
I looked a bit more inside the nut files I gave you :
savedata.nut.txt contains some errors messages, I think. It also contains 2 times the string "::manbow.SaveTableの実行時エラー\n", that shouldn't be translated
char_select2.act.txt_06232bcbb0e81e0d3845c3fea8ff6a7599b0146d.nut.txt contains some menu messages. Here is some text from it (translated by google) :
Start the character selected in the network play mode
Exit menu
Reload palette:
1P color =
The only japanese text practice.act.txt_3df582c99a03e614b8b9aee81d12ff89687174a8.nut.txt contains is a "cancellation" string (from google translation, again).
And in practice.act.txt_06f3d0d050515246a7efe511dfb4445a5b2f8640.nut.txt, the only japanese string is "デバッグ処理有効@sys_config.debug.nut". I think it refers to a line in sys_config.debug.nut. So we shouldn't translate this file.

Edit 2 :
For the other files :
I didn't see where emotionFontA.png, shinkou.png and chart_moji.png are used in the game, but I think there is 2 choices :
  • We can add subtitles like for the difficulty
  • We can leave them unchanged and use them as icons, like for the decks

ItemKokoro.csv contains the skills and the spellcards. I just translated them from the wiki.

practice_menu1.png, practice_menu3.png and keyconfig_menu.png are used in some menus, and have to be translated. But I won't do this, as I said.
I think we must use the same font etc than in other menus.

As I said, I translated ItemKokoro.csv from the wiki. There is 2 problems :
Firstly, the english text overflows, sometimes. Here is an example :

I think someone with english as native language should be better than me to shrink the text, so I won't do this.

Next, I didn't found how to use double quotes in spellcards names. But I thank on some things we can use instead of them :
Japanese quotes :

Single quotes :

Pairs of single quotes :

back quotes on the left of the text, and single quotes on the right of the text :

Which one do you prefer ?

BTW, I updated the link for the pack. I deleted practice.act.txt_06f3d0d050515246a7efe511dfb4445a5b2f8640.nut.txt, and I updated ItemKokoro.csv.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 12:21:26 PM by brliron »

Lukesky180

• Knight of the Hungry Ghost
  • Yuyuko-sama!
    • HSE-Endeavor's Robotics Team
« Reply #242 on: August 16, 2013, 05:27:13 PM »
For the spell cards, I really like the Japanese quote signs. They're really neat.
>This is the little mistress.
>Oh, hello little one!
Is this my dream, the destiny to behold?
~Sister of Scarlet~

Gamer251

• DJ FlanFlan
  • Too lazy to type long sentences.
« Reply #243 on: August 17, 2013, 03:22:34 AM »
Yes.
The Japanese quotes are neater and takes much less space by comparison,
And cuc, you still there?

"You ought to watch out, yourself. Even a high-school girl can make her own weapons these days, after all..."

« Reply #244 on: August 17, 2013, 11:25:16 AM »
Is it possible to have a subtitle on these spell cards? The translated version looks too squished.

Gamer251

• DJ FlanFlan
« Reply #245 on: August 17, 2013, 03:34:11 PM »
Speaking of Spell Cards, I think I can help making an image for the spell card text.
I use GIMP, and I know, if not all, at least 75% of what I can do with it.
From text resizing to Gradient Colors.
Just tell me what is the size needed for the spell card text, the text, and the font and color, and I'll be on my way.

"You ought to watch out, yourself. Even a high-school girl can make her own weapons these days, after all..."

« Reply #246 on: August 17, 2013, 03:39:16 PM »
So... after staying quit for far to long, I finally found something to do here. The translated pictured brliron requested... I think I can edit some of them the way they are needed. I can`t understand japanese either, but some screenshots of the early english translated version(v0.10b I think) should help do the trick. As far as I know the menus there are translated. ^^
If you request another font, size or something around these lines, just ask. I should be back with these files tomorrow. (And if I just misunderstood what was requested... Sorry... ^_^")

« Reply #247 on: August 18, 2013, 03:53:49 AM »
Same exact reaction as above, so no further comment. I can't help on the programming side, so I had to wait for this new one.

I can finish up on the items. It will take less than a day. Also, I support the Japanese quotes since they are cleaner, and the single quotes would be a second choice.

Also, what about the dialogue? Any further updates?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 03:56:53 AM by totlmstr »

Ciel

• Green-Eyed Jealousy
« Reply #248 on: August 18, 2013, 07:04:47 AM »
Speaking of Spell Cards, I think I can help making an image for the spell card text.
Just tell me what is the size needed for the spell card text, the text, and the font and color, and I'll be on my way.
No, the spell card's text are fine, we just need help with changing the font and dialogue. I planned to stick with the Japanese quotes until there's a font change, since the original font is in Japanese, yep.

Same exact reaction as above, so no further comment. I can't help on the programming side, so I had to wait for this new one.

I can finish up on the items. It will take less than a day. Also, I support the Japanese quotes since they are cleaner, and the single quotes would be a second choice.

Also, what about the dialogue? Any further updates?
Ahh, thank you very much in advance, take your time!

The dialogue is kind of in a standstill...;; And I think brliron is doing the dialogue. ^^;

Just some weirdo, move along!

Gamer251

• DJ FlanFlan
« Reply #249 on: August 18, 2013, 07:40:00 AM »
The dialogues are being worked on by brliron.
He's on vacation ATM.

And Japanese Quotes are cleaner.
For the font, I recommend something small and looks nice on the game, like Arial, Centaur, or MS Mincho (Japanese)

Ciel

• Green-Eyed Jealousy
« Reply #250 on: August 18, 2013, 12:14:35 PM »
Yep, I'm keeping track of the topic, not sure when he'll be back, so just let him enjoy it. ovo/

« Reply #251 on: August 18, 2013, 12:27:51 PM »
Ok, so I will use japanese quotes.
Is it possible to have a subtitle on these spell cards? The translated version looks too squished.
The spellcard names aren't stored in pictures, but in some csv files. So it would be very hard to add subtitles or to edit them with paint, gimp, photoshop or anything else.
And for the font :
I think the font size is stored somewhere, in an act file. But I don't know which one. I'll search, if I have time. But later.
And for the font itself, I searched a lot, and I didn't found.

So... after staying quit for far to long, I finally found something to do here. The translated pictured brliron requested... I think I can edit some of them the way they are needed. I can`t understand japanese either, but some screenshots of the early english translated version(v0.10b I think) should help do the trick. As far as I know the menus there are translated. ^^
If you request another font, size or something around these lines, just ask. I should be back with these files tomorrow. (And if I just misunderstood what was requested... Sorry... ^_^")
Here are the pictures used by the 1.10c version :
practice_menu1.png

keyconfig_menu.png

And, for the story, I'm working on it. I think I'll have finished to fix the wiki into at most 1 week.

« Reply #252 on: August 18, 2013, 01:52:06 PM »
So, here is a first preview of practice_menu1. Still working on the first part. Working through translating programs and searching the symbols(kanji I think) in the internet. Is the font and fontsice okey or what should I use, if there are certain wishes? ^^ http://tinypic.com/r/33zelv5/5
For プラクティスを用間する(practice_menu1 the first words) I got the translation "I will use between practices"... It makes kind of sense, but would be unpractical to use as an translation. : /
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 01:39:19 PM by Kanko »

Ciel

• Green-Eyed Jealousy
« Reply #253 on: August 18, 2013, 01:53:22 PM »

I don't want to be rude, but throwing out the image file out on the open in public and go "here, go edit this" instead coming to me and offering suggestions on improving it is a bit annoying to me.

Just felt like throwing it there, I'm sorry...;;

« Reply #254 on: August 18, 2013, 02:19:20 PM »
No, I should be sorry... Its just... I cant send PMs until I posted three times, if I read the Rules correctly and I didnt want to post in another discussion without having to say something important. ^_^"

Ciel

• Green-Eyed Jealousy
« Reply #255 on: August 18, 2013, 03:20:10 PM »
No, I should be sorry... Its just... I cant send PMs until I posted three times, if I read the Rules correctly and I didnt want to post in another discussion without having to say something important. ^_^"
Oh no, it's fine~ I should be very thankful that you decided to help out with this!

Keep this in mind. If you're planning to use a different font and style altogether, you would have to change everything else, which includes the menu design, for the sake of being consistent with every screen. (Unless you like the idea of the Arial font on the Network screen, and Comic Sans at the Profile screen, etc.)

Either way, is there a problem with the current font design? D:

@ brliron: I really don't want to sound like a jerk, but do come over and talk to me before deciding this, okay?;; I'm by no means calling myself the project leader or governing you all with decisions, but as it was done by me, I do want to have a say in it. Would you feel happy if someone just took your code and started changing it without your permission? That's pretty much how I'm feeling now, sorry...;;
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 03:22:45 PM by Ciel »

Gamer251

• DJ FlanFlan
« Reply #256 on: August 18, 2013, 03:34:29 PM »
Techically, you ARE the project leader now, Ciel.
cuc is basically busy ATM.

« Reply #257 on: August 18, 2013, 06:59:17 PM »
Well, I don`t have a problem with the font I used(very functional :3), but I just wanted to know if I should use a different one. Consistency as you said. I wanted to wait before editing the other pictures(First one is complete by the way.). I can pretty much adapt to what font and size is used up until now. So just tell me, if you used other fonts for other menus(Char select and so on). ^^
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 07:02:58 PM by Kanko »

« Reply #258 on: August 18, 2013, 09:18:31 PM »
I think it would be a good idea if we posted a status update in this forum and on the front page if possible. Just a current list of who is on what and where the progression is at. Can/should be updated every week or two if possible also to keep those on the project in the loop and those who are waiting for the patch.

« Reply #259 on: August 19, 2013, 06:33:21 PM »
Yes, why not ?

BTW, I worked all this morning on the story, and I finished to fix the wiki. I updated patched files.zip, I give again the link, if you want : http://www.mediafire.com/download/0xnhrlgce268l36/patched_files.zip
There is still 16 files that can't be fully translated, but for these files, I'll have to improve my program.
The story will be in the next version of the english patch (with or without these 16 files, depending on if I finished to improve my program or not).

Ciel

• Green-Eyed Jealousy
« Reply #260 on: August 20, 2013, 02:09:34 PM »
Techically, you ARE the project leader now, Ciel.
cuc is basically busy ATM.
... D: Me managing groups is like asking the group to fail though... I'm bad with managing people aha >_<;;

That and I'm very lazy. I'm almost done with the training menu long ago but I just... left it there;;

Well, I don`t have a problem with the font I used(very functional :3), but I just wanted to know if I should use a different one. Consistency as you said. I wanted to wait before editing the other pictures(First one is complete by the way.). I can pretty much adapt to what font and size is used up until now. So just tell me, if you used other fonts for other menus(Char select and so on). ^^
Thank you! Don't worry, I'm happy with doing the pictures~

If you really want to help, you could help with editing the intro images like Stage 1, 2, 3, etc for Story Mode. I can pass you over the layout if you're interested? 8D

Yes, why not ?

BTW, I worked all this morning on the story, and I finished to fix the wiki. I updated patched files.zip, I give again the link, if you want : http://www.mediafire.com/download/0xnhrlgce268l36/patched_files.zip
There is still 16 files that can't be fully translated, but for these files, I'll have to improve my program.
The story will be in the next version of the english patch (with or without these 16 files, depending on if I finished to improve my program or not).
Oooh, looks great so far! Thanks alot!

Maybe you should have included the talk file along with your balloons, though... Remember that the font for non-Windows programs are different too, so weather we like it or not, we still need to find a way to substitute the font. >_<;;

Lukesky180

• Yuyuko-sama!
« Reply #261 on: August 20, 2013, 04:08:02 PM »
I just noticed something...  :derp:

Reimu's title translation had updated to "The Advocate of the Myriad Gods".
>Oh, hello little one!
~Sister of Scarlet~

« Reply #262 on: August 20, 2013, 05:17:08 PM »
I finished to work on my program. All files seems to be translated.
For the balloons, I have 2 versions of them. The 1st one is just it's just the original files with a rotation. They are in the v0.2 patch.
In the 2nd version, there is a big space around the balloons, so if the text overflows, it is no cut off. These balloons are in the v0.2b patch.

So, here are the links :
patched files : http://www.mediafire.com/download/0xnhrlgce268l36/patched_files.zip
auto-translation tools v1.2 : http://www.mediafire.com/download/d3zj9eqpsri6cdg/auto_translation.zip
balloons from v0.2 patch : http://www.mediafire.com/download/lbaou00i7oy004w/balloon_0_2.zip
balloons from v0.2b patch : http://www.mediafire.com/download/1incbelpq89fslg/balloon_0_2b.zip

Edit :
Remember that the font for non-Windows programs are different too
I tried to launch it on my Linux, with wine. I don't know if it's because I don't have graphic drivers, but if it's always like this, I think the font isn't the more important...
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 09:28:08 PM by brliron »

Ciel

• Green-Eyed Jealousy
« Reply #263 on: August 21, 2013, 12:46:52 AM »
I just noticed something...  :derp:

Reimu's title translation had updated to "The Advocate of the Myriad Gods".
Did the wiki just update the translation or is that her new title? ljahsfjlasffjq oh well;;

Edit :I tried to launch it on my Linux, with wine. I don't know if it's because I don't have graphic drivers, but if it's always like this, I think the font isn't the more important...

Quite the contrary, actually. ^^; From what I know, the game looks up for a certain font (I think it's MS Gothic?) in the game and presents it there. If the game couldn't find it, they would use the substitute fonts in the font folder.

And I really, REALLY hate to say things like this but... umm...;;

The dialog when the game calls out the character's name is missing. ^^; It's not showing in-game for me. Not just Futo, but Reimu, Miko, and a few others too...;; Here, let me take a sample out of Stage 1 for Reimu's stage.

#本文末尾に\をつけるとテキストで入力待ちになります
#逆に入れない場合、入力を待たず以後の処理へ進みます

いい加減そろそろ決着つけたい\nと思ってたし,a15x3,0,0
,WaitInput            ,#キー入力を待つ

#フェイス画像を指定 末尾三つが「キャラ名_カタログファイル名」の形
,ImageDef,marisa,魔理沙_普1,0,0

But in your code it's like...

#現在実装の噴出しは0:大 1:中 2:小の三種類です

#本文末尾に\をつけるとテキストで入力待ちになります
#逆に入れない場合、入力を待たず以後の処理へ進みます

,WaitInput ,#キー入力を待つ

#フェイス画像を指定 末尾三つが「キャラ名_カタログファイル名」の形
,ImageDef,marisa,魔理沙_普1,0,0

I bolded the missing line in the code. ^^; Sorry about putting more stuff at your plate, but thanks very much though...;;
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 01:07:31 AM by Ciel »

« Reply #264 on: August 21, 2013, 06:38:05 AM »
Yes, I didn't see.

After looking a bit, it seems to happen when there is no backslash at the end of a line.
I'll fix it and update the links when it's done. And don't hesitate to tell me if there is some others bugs, that's how the patch will be complete.

Edit :
I began to work, and I saw Xavart (my friend working on the program with me) sent me a mail this morning, saying he fixed the problem.
So it's done. Same links as above, but I know it's far so :
patched files : http://www.mediafire.com/download/0xnhrlgce268l36/patched_files.zip
auto-translation tools v1.2b : http://www.mediafire.com/download/d3zj9eqpsri6cdg/auto_translation.zip

Edit 2 :
I saw a bug with doubles quotes. I fixed it, and I updated the links.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 04:57:06 PM by brliron »

Gamer251

• DJ FlanFlan
« Reply #265 on: August 22, 2013, 05:42:08 AM »
Um, i have a problem.
When I run th135arc.exe, it appears for a split second, then disappears.
I put it in the directory for HM, so I dunno what is happening.
Any tips? :v

EDIT:
Okay, I used cmd and it was fine.
Until this appeared:
"WARNING: dirlist not found. path guessing disabled.
dirlist was already in the folder.
What should I do.

EDIT 2:
Okay, I specified the path.
Sorry for the interruption ^^;
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 05:55:25 AM by Gamer251 »

Gamer251

• DJ FlanFlan
« Reply #266 on: August 24, 2013, 12:45:04 AM »
Guys, I have a problem.
When I'm extracting the pak file, it says dirlist can't be found, even though it's in the same folder as the th135arc.exe
In return, the folders are labeled as something like this: UVB_00090808
How can I fix this?

Lukesky180

• Yuyuko-sama!
« Reply #267 on: August 24, 2013, 01:25:57 AM »
HM Updated to v1.21.

Any news on a release yet?
>Oh, hello little one!
~Sister of Scarlet~

Gamer251

• DJ FlanFlan
« Reply #268 on: August 24, 2013, 05:21:28 AM »
I didn't get briliron's tools to work ;w;
So, if anyone translated their game using his tools, can I have your PAK files?  :derp:

« Reply #269 on: August 24, 2013, 06:11:26 PM »
I didn't get briliron's tools to work ;w;
So, if anyone translated their game using his tools, can I have your PAK files?  :derp:
I'm not very surprised...

With the tools, there is another link : http://www.mediafire.com/download/0xnhrlgce268l36/patched_files.zip
In this archive, the .old files are the original files from the game, the .diff files are just some files created by my tools, and the .pl files are the game's script, in english.
If you want to use them, you can copy all the directories from the archive to the data/script/story directory of the game. The .pl files from the archive will replace the old ones, and the other files will be ignored by the game (I just notice it now, but I didn't explain this... sorry)

Ciel just sent me some translated files, so I'll work on them, I'll do some other things, and I'll release an english patch compatible with v1.21, with the english story. I think I'll finish it sometime during the next week.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 06:47:27 PM by brliron »