Author Topic: Shopping in Hong Kong  (Read 5803 times)

Nihilanth

• Nyaa~ like no tomorrow.
Shopping in Hong Kong
« on: May 30, 2013, 02:26:37 PM »
Hey guys, just stopping by here to ask if anyone knows any stores that sell Touhou related goods in HK. Going there tomorrow for a few days and was wondering if you guys knew of any places I could look at. Thank you for reading this very quick message!

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
Re: Shopping in Hong Kong
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 02:59:41 PM »
Hey guys, just stopping by here to ask if anyone knows any stores that sell Touhou related goods in HK. Going there tomorrow for a few days and was wondering if you guys knew of any places I could look at. Thank you for reading this very quick message!

There was a store I went to a couple of years ago in Causeway Bay, an Animate store, which sold Touhou plushies and nendoroids, but when I went there a few weeks ago, it looks like it got shut down.

Incidentally, you did miss Comic World Hong Kong which had some Comiket stuff on sale, Touhou stuff, since that took place on February earlier this year.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 04:12:47 PM »
Wasn't there a street near Wong Kok that has this massive row of shops that sell nothing but anime stuff? like a HK version of Otaroad or something.
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 04:38:17 PM »
A friend found one in Wan Chai, iirc, but that's about as much help as I can give you :/ Hope you can find a good place.

Nihilanth

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 05:00:04 PM »
Ah alright, thanks for the replies guys! I'll go check them out while I'm there. Hopefully I can find some Touhou merchandise!

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2013, 05:00:21 PM »
yes there used to be a play that sell touhou doujinshi
but it's quite expensive~
go to the red or green line and head to Mong Kok (旺角) to the B1 exit
when u head out u will see  現視點
go in there on the second floor there should be one store that sell lots of doujinshi
becareful tho, cuz the store owner got a strange temper that hate people talk weird stuff and touch his glass window :/

then head out of 現視點 and walk to the opposite side of the bank
if u see KFC along the way, then it means u are heading the right direction,
keep walking until u see a place sell jewelry (六福珠寶)
u will see a mall in black called 信和中心
I will leave that for u to explore :)

PS: when u see a gramma siting down in the store front at the basement floor, then him a guy from US say hi. ( I luv to visit her everytime when I go to 信和)

cirnomodo

• Make Miracles!
  • Sanyae says hi :)
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2013, 01:31:19 AM »
I went back to Hong Kong for a quick visit about two months ago (I grew up there). Didn't have much luck finding Touhou doujinshi that I'm interested in, but still managed to find some nice stuff.

Conpeito is one of the shops inside IN's Point (現視點). It's a small shop and has a small selection of Touhou selection (not sure if he got anything new from his recent trip to Japan).  Yau Ma Tei MTR is literally next to this Mall. Take exit A2 and make a right.
https://www.facebook.com/conpeito?fref=ts
Shop 133 IN's Point
530-538 Nathan Road
Mong Kok, Kowloon, Hong Kong

*this shop is technically in Yau Ma Tei, but still Mong Kok by address.

There is a couple shops on the same floor that has Touhou figures. Though one of those shops only opens on weekends and it was too late when I spotted a Suwako that I'd like to get.

If you walk on Nathan Road towards Mong Kok MTR, I recommend this shop in Sino Center (信和中心) about 5 minutes by walk. They have some a few rare Griffon Touhou figures and nearly all of the Figma and Nendoroid Touhou figures as well while I was there and bought a few figures from them.

Bear Bear Kuma
Shop 104 Sino Center
582-592 Nathan Road

If you do not mind trying a hole-in-the-wall shop, you can try Getter Alliance Japan Anime Shop. It's inside of this complex. Nothing massive, but I was able to find a few little things and a doujinshi I had never thought of finding there.
http://goo.gl/maps/TRNLg

Shop 54 Ho King Commercial Center
2-16 Fa Yuen St

You won't be mistaken you're looking at the wrong place since the shop's sign has Reimu on it (the guys was cool about me snapping a picture of the shop)

I hope you'll find something cool.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2013, 04:58:03 AM »
I feel incredibly bad that I wasn't able to go to Mong Kok when I visited (I also grew up in Hong Kong)

I was looking for Touhou merch too haha... >_>;;

Guess it's all there now, heh.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2013, 01:09:30 PM »
It s kinda sad that there are not a lot of place well doujinshi in Hk
U can only get those from event and such
I am sure the next coming up event is Comic world
Around the end of July

cirnomodo

• Make Miracles!
  • Sanyae says hi :)
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2013, 02:57:36 PM »
Unless you ask people who are into Touhou locally who is not a shop owner, chances are people aren't as willing to tell you where to find cool things.

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2013, 03:09:28 PM »
Ikr?! Hk people always have this weird tension
Anyway, I know a couple touhou artist in Hk
If u want to buy any touhou books from them
 I can try to ask them to deliever it in a certain train station
If anyone is interested pm me and i will give u the website

Ps: dam cirnomodo I didn't know u were from Hk
We should talk a little bit more in AB |QAQ>

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2013, 06:07:53 PM »
I actually LIVES in Hong Kong, but studies and my own personality really doesn't help encouraging me to go out, so I cannot help you with that, sorry!
Being in high school doesn't help things.

fyi the place which I buy all my TH needs is at the yearly anime convention, which is during July-August. Not that it will be useful. :V
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

Nihilanth

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2013, 10:52:25 AM »
With my busy schedule, I only got to go to two places. And one of them is closed on Sunday apparently . . .  :(

Still managed to snag myself two Touhou artbooks and a Alice Nenderoid figure. Maybe in the near future I could find more goods to purchase.

Thanks a lot for all your help guys! I couldn't have gotten my goods without you  :D

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2013, 03:18:34 PM »
This thread makes me want to visit HK.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."