Author Topic: MegaMari X  (Read 9534 times)

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
MegaMari X
« on: August 05, 2009, 08:47:20 PM »
The main points are that a proof of concept does exist, the engine being used to construct the game is Python + pyglet, and the extensions to the engine is AVBin or PyAudiere for sound processing and Tiled for making levels. The design document is complete san boss weapons and levels. Turn off the sound at times when the game needs to load.

Current game design document

Quote from: HydroKirby
The game's latest release is always archived at my MediaFire account with a Windows executable. Sometimes I forget to delete the error log or change the volume in the config but don't worry about that. The current version is at http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?om0z2djmomt

The current list of features... is large.
Config file (volume, sound library to use, fps display, window size, and vsync), support for the level editor named Tiled (but follow the guidelines in level_editor.txt), basic enemy (can shoot, move, and await the player's approach), errors redirected to a file (I hope to improve this later because it's so quiet), bullets that point in the direction they go in, most drawing is handed over to pyglet's OpenGL encapsulation, constant fps on any hardware (game goes slower than 60 fps at about 40 fps I think), and collision with bullets, enemies, and damaging tiles. There can be circle-circle, rectangle-rectangle, and rectangle-circle collision tests.
Marisa (X) can wallslide/kick, air/dash, shoot (charging is supported but only the basic bullet is made), sustain a jump by holding the jump button, and get hit (no damage yet).
There's a menu screen you start out in that will let you set the volume or toggle the fps display and select a player (Marisa or a free-range debug character).

Almost all of the stuff in the game is placeholder material including the music, background, sprites, etc. I won't slap a license on this thing for Choja until all of this is replaced. It goes to show how much the game's hurting for resources.

wallgrip
hit (+bullet)
scaled window (+debug char)

We would love any programmers, spriters, and artists to volunteer. Thank you for reading!

EDIT: Oh I am smart. Very very not smart.
Here's the IRC chatroom for those who want to discuss about the game development:
irc.ppirc.net    #lasfraka-elixir
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 11:04:54 PM by Choja Hiragawa »
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
Tumblr contains cooking and cosplay. Twitter contains me retweeting everything.
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

Re: MegaMari X
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 10:51:15 PM »
I'm working on the music for this, too. Or I would be, if anyone had the faintest idea what music I should make ... ;)

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 11:09:48 PM »
Hey! That's cool!
So you guys are developing a kind of sequel to MegaMari or is it very different?

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 11:50:03 PM »
I'm working on the music for this, too. Or I would be, if anyone had the faintest idea what music I should make ... ;)
Well, there's the Title Screen, (optional: Character Select Screen), Intro Stage (not yet), Boss Select Screen, Stage Theme for each boss, Boss Theme, (optional: Weapon Get Theme), Boss Select Screen (after all eight bosses are defeated), Castle 1-x themes, Final Boss Themes, and Ending Theme

1, (a), 2, 3, 4, [5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12], 13, (b), 14, [15 16 17 18 19], 20, 21, 22
(a) is character select screen, [5 to 12] is stage themes, (b) is weapon get screen, [15 to 19] are castle themes, leading up to 24 songs, which is actually slightly less than a usual PSX X series game soundtrack. I think I am forgetting some themes, but still.

Hey! That's cool!
So you guys are developing a kind of sequel to MegaMari or is it very different?
It's like how Mega Man is to Mega Man X as to MegaMari is to MegaMari X.
The gameplay will be similiar, but the story? It's not something to worry about.
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
Tumblr contains cooking and cosplay. Twitter contains me retweeting everything.
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 07:16:10 AM »
Yes, but I mean, depending on who the actual characters and bosses are.

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 07:27:05 AM »
If we actually see this through the whole way and make it good, then it will be probably be first popular thing that the American doujin comunity has produced that isn't walfas

We have to make sure no one translates it into Japanese and steals our credit
Wotters gonna' wot

DarkHedge

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2009, 10:41:19 AM »
If we actually see this through the whole way and make it good, then it will be probably be first popular thing that the American doujin comunity has produced that isn't walfas

We have to make sure no one translates it into Japanese and steals our credit

EXACTLY. X series was the best out of all MegaMan franchises, and if MegaMari X is completed, and if it is just as good as MMX1, then yeah. You guys will probably hold one of the best doujin games out there that is not japanese. Go for it guys, for everlasting fan pleasure. [/megamessage] I'm supporting that idea all the way!