Author Topic: 東方Project 第14弾の情報です - Double Dealing Character  (Read 262647 times)

CyberAngel

• Retired
Re: 東方Project 第14弾の情報です - Double Dealing Character
« Reply #750 on: May 26, 2013, 09:33:02 AM »
Youtube videos of the gameplay are available already. Wow. My thoughts:

- Shot types as in using/not using posessed weapons confirmed. Really interested how that will affect the story.
- All stages have water in the background, even bamboo forest. Did someone want water-themed game?
- There's lots of "dark matter" when bosses appear/charge. May that be the thing that drives the plot those youkai to be violent all of a sudden?
- Stage 2 ying-yang enemies remind me of SoEW spiders. Stage 3 boss has some Meira influences as well. Back to basics, you say?
- ZUN learned how to rock. Coupled with TD's trance, I see ZUN still improves as a composer. My respect.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 11:17:09 AM by C.Angel »

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #751 on: May 26, 2013, 09:39:23 AM »
Is there any video of gameplay w/ the other characters?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzFj8sUwSHI - Normal modo for those interested. Still SakuyaA. Dammit people. :V
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 09:43:18 AM by BT »

« Reply #752 on: May 26, 2013, 10:57:15 AM »
Just played the game and I think it is much easier than TD...  It is funny how easily you can get bomb/life pieces.
Then again most likely the last few levels will be much harder so getting the pieces will be hard work.
Blog updated: 14.11.2011
Twitter

SacredWind

• Ordinary Magician
« Reply #753 on: May 26, 2013, 11:11:55 AM »
The game's gimmick (yes, it has a gimmick  :o) is, that when reaching POC, if you collect enough items, you get a bomb piece, and occasionally you also get a life piece, or something like that.

And I think it is a little harder than TD, but you get more lives than TD (or maybe i'm just bad at this game :P)
Nicknames: Sacred, SacredWind.
Touhou Achievements:
Easy 1cc: PCB, SA, UFO
Normal 1cc: IN, MoF, TD

The Noodles Guy

• Flip the screen
  • What if Seija met a guy with bipolar disease?
« Reply #754 on: May 26, 2013, 11:13:51 AM »
Just played the game and I think it is much easier than TD...  It is funny how easily you can get bomb/life pieces.
Then again most likely the last few levels will be much harder so getting the pieces will be hard work.
Aw yes, I saw the Lunatic playthrough and it looked really easy, even easier than TD...

PS, do you have to buy the demo or just download it? :V
Easy Modo? That's for kids, and for me.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #755 on: May 26, 2013, 11:17:14 AM »
OK just finished a run of the Normal demo, and here're my thoughts:

>Stage 1 mermaid yes yes yes yes yes
>Sekibanki was probably the hardest of the lot for me. Her last card in particular made me very sad :<
>Kagerou is an awesome new design and I already like her.

>Not sure, but my current theory on the PoC system is this - it measures how long you collect items for after crossing the PoC, and if you get past certain barriers it drops a bomb piece/life piece. From what I could tell the cutoff for bombs was 0.5s and the cutoff for lives was 2s, but don't hold me to this.

Something I'm going to mention since no-one seems to have noted it over at Touhouwiki: Characters' A/B routes have different dialogue. My theory on this is that the weapons are somehow messing with people's heads because at a cursory glance the A dialogue seems a bit more threatening than the B dialogue...

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #756 on: May 26, 2013, 11:19:09 AM »
Something I'm going to mention since no-one seems to have noted it over at Touhouwiki: Characters' A/B routes have different dialogue. My theory on this is that the weapons are somehow messing with people's heads because at a cursory glance the A dialogue seems a bit more threatening than the B dialogue...

Marisa stole the precious thing? :getdown:

Kosachi

• Te-Te-Te-Te-Tenko
  • Hinanai Tenko~
« Reply #757 on: May 26, 2013, 11:22:24 AM »
Does anybody know how to work the small bonus you get when you enter the PoC? Besides that, I really like the demo although it might be a tad too easy and I kinda don't fancy Sakuya's "Cursed" shot type.
I finally got ahead!

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #758 on: May 26, 2013, 11:22:34 AM »
The game's gimmick (yes, it has a gimmick  :o) is, that when reaching POC, if you collect enough items, you get a bomb piece, and occasionally you also get a life piece, or something like that.
It's based on how many items you collect at once when you trigger an auto-collect - a small amount gets you nothing, a moderate amount gets you a bomb piece, and a large amount gets you an extra life piece.  I think (though I could be wrong) it also gives you a bonus multiplier on points obtained (anything above "0.5" is a bomb piece, and I think "1.5" is the cutoff for life piece?  or "2.0" I really don't even)

The trick is that the pieces spawn a little late, so to guarantee collection you either hang out above them or have to catch them as they fall down.

Also fuck the stage 3 boss holy shit how do you even

« Reply #759 on: May 26, 2013, 11:23:48 AM »
Aw yes, I saw the Lunatic playthrough and it looked really easy, even easier than TD...
Other thing I noticed... Amount of the pieces needed for extend/bomb doesn't change so getting things is much easier.
Twitter

« Reply #760 on: May 26, 2013, 12:19:08 PM »
The gimmick is neat in theory, but my god so many bombs, you dont even have to try and it just showers you with them.
they should probably scale up with difficulty, the current setting being about easy.

So marisa's hakkero unfocused is just 10d marisa, which i really disliked and the lack of penetrating lasers pretty much ruins it.
Sakuya's cursed knives are rather innefective too, but i gotta say they look really cool when youre placing them.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 12:22:10 PM by Frog »

« Reply #761 on: May 26, 2013, 12:31:12 PM »
Okay. I think I found a bug with Marisa A...
When in full power, one of the four lasers suddenly turned into a strange angle and ceased to harm fairies. After focusing the shot temporarily returned back to normal... In replay-mode this doesn't happen, but then again in the replay mode  I died four times in a spellcard that had history of 01/01...
Twitter

« Reply #762 on: May 26, 2013, 12:39:13 PM »
IIRC, the items needed for extends in Ten Desires were fixed at a low point in the demo of that game as well but that was changed for the full version. I suspect that ZUN will do the same here so getting extends will be much more difficult. I also found that I could get 7 lives and 8 bombs by the end of Stage 3 on Easy and Normal but on Lunatic I finished with 2 lives in stock having died two times meaning I was far away from those 7 lives. I suspect the reason for this is because Lunatic didn't let me PoC as easily.

In other words, if things continue like this and if ZUN changes the amounts of items needed for extra lives, it's gonna be hard to get extra lives in the full game on Lunatic.

Now that I'm here, I suppose a few of my own first impressions would be welcome.

I enjoy what has been done with the stages so far. They seem quite challenging to play, especially if you want to PoC a lot. These stages are a lot better than Ten Desires and I really hope that the progression of difficulty continues through Stages 4,5 and 6. If they don't, it's gonna be severely disappointing.

The bosses are pretty cool, though I'm not overly fond of the stage 2 boss. It looks a little bit too streamy and milky to me. Not exactly Kogasa or Kyouko tier unfortunately. Luckily, the stage 3 boss makes up for this by being really fun. Even the stage 1 boss is rather entertaining.

The music. I like it all ,except the stage 1 theme. That's a little mediocre imo but the rest of the songs are good i think. Artwork, i dunno. It's the same I guess, though Reimu's art is cute. I like it.

Score system seems to be about PoC'ing a lot and cancelling/grazing stuff to raise PiV. I don't get how the multiplier bonus thing works but I suspect it's about picking up a lot of items at once which has proven to give me bigger bonuses so far.

Overall, I think this is shaping up to be a pretty neat game. I hope that the full version doesn't end up disappointing.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #763 on: May 26, 2013, 12:40:24 PM »
Quick music review:

Stage 1: Punk rock mermaid.
Stage 2: Am I listening to an early 80s New Wave band or ZUN?
Stage 3: OH YES.

Sakuya's knives do an interesting thing, too, through toggling focus. I like Reimu's boomerang gohei, but Marisa's flamethrower seems to be the most powerful here.

I agree the game seems pretty easy. I'm an Easy/Normal mode player, and giving this game a half-awake, half-hearted try on Normal with Sakuya gave me a pretty painless clear. Fun, but there weren't really white knuckle moments. Hoping the difficulty level ramps up. But goddamn is it fun to play.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 12:44:52 PM by Tengukami »

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Formless God

« Reply #764 on: May 26, 2013, 12:57:51 PM »
So far what I've been doing is wait for a shitton of enemies to come, then drop a bomb and gain mad skorez. I'm ... not exactly fond of this playstyle, yet.
The Stage 1 midboss's spell card is pretty bullshit. Boss's first spell is rather dense, and the final spell lasts forever if you don't have more than 1 power.
The Stage 2 midboss's spell card needs to be fixed. I captured that thing while standing still. Boss is good though, right up there with Kogasa.
Haven't got to Stage 3 yet.
I don't like any of the stages. Streams, streams everywhere.

MaStErSpArK94

« Reply #765 on: May 26, 2013, 12:59:59 PM »
So, ZUN discovered the power of ROCK music. I'm okay with this.

The bosses all look pretty cool in my opinion, good job ZUN!

Also inb4 Mami jokes with Sekibanki. :V

« Reply #766 on: May 26, 2013, 01:01:38 PM »
Goodness, Stage 3's boss just wrecked me!  How the heck are you supposed to dodge all those explosions in her final spellcard when she's about to ram your face two seconds later?  Geez I gotta find a proper method to capture that thing.

Tengukami

« Reply #767 on: May 26, 2013, 01:34:44 PM »
Reimu's bomb made me laugh my ass off. I was reminded of Tom & Jerry, whenever the cat gets chased around the house with a broom, swatting left and right all around him.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Unroyal Paladin

• A paladin, although not yet approved to be royal.
« Reply #768 on: May 26, 2013, 01:38:50 PM »
->I find it funny that bosses bleed power items if you do them unfocused. Kind of reward for risk type of thing, huh.
->The stage 1 theme's start reminded me of Bad Apple!! , (Edit: And another reminded me of Reincarnation!!!! MIMA IS BACK OMG- *shot*) , but I liked it nontheless.
-> Stages 2 and 3 totally remind me of Story of Eastern Wonderland - The Dullahan (forgot the name >.<) reminds me of Noroiko (SoEW stage 2 midboss) and Kagerou, as someone already said (I think) , of Meira (SoEW stage 2 boss). Personally, I love the referrence there with the final attack being like one of Meira's attacks.

If I'm not mistaken, it's every third time you do PoC with the bomb-limit number of items, instead of bomb fragment, it gives you a life fragment instead. Dem different sound effects  :V
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 01:59:18 PM by Unroyal Paladin »

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #769 on: May 26, 2013, 01:48:21 PM »
Yeah, I noticed that if you get a PoC chain going you can get life fragments even with a smaller amount of items. Higher amounts just guarantee the life piece, I guess?
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Tengukami

« Reply #770 on: May 26, 2013, 02:01:03 PM »
I absolutely love the fact that the game rewards you for going unfocused against bosses, and for bopping up over the PoC. If I'm not mistaken, it seems you lose a life and a bomb when you pichun, too, which probably makes up for the way this game shovels green stars at you.

If anyone figures out better how the PoC bonus works, please do share. This game is a lot of fun to play, and I'm for the first time considering trying for High Score runs over at HME. I mean hey, Easy Mode needs representation, too, right?

« Reply #771 on: May 26, 2013, 02:01:40 PM »
Just a short summary of my first impressions:

Stages are pretty good. Quite interesting and much better than TD,
Boss Danmaku has some interesting patterns and is pretty fun, but nothing spectacular (wow factor) like Imperishable Night. I'd really like for ZUN to make more of the flowery grand patterns that kind of ended after UFO. Hopefully the later bosses contain some.
Graphics are great, though the new resolution means my laptop isn't wide enough :(.
Character designs are quite nice. I especially like the 3rd boss.
Music is quite disappointing though. It's nice to hear some of the leitmotifs from earlier games but the melody just doesn't really capture the feel of the game of give it an immersive atmophere in my opinion. TD was better in this aspect for the demo portion. Hopefully ZUN is saving up his ideas for later, it would be quite a letdown if the music continued around this standard (or became slightly worse overall as in TD)
Being someone who loves the Point of Collection, I am loving the life/bomb/score system

Overall: It's a good game and has quite a lot of potential, but isn't really promising anything spectacular at the moment.

@Zengeku: I might be wrong but I think it was the other way around with the demo being harder to get lives in?

EDIT: For some reason it seemed to lag on my computer the second time playing, though this might just be my laptop

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #772 on: May 26, 2013, 02:05:41 PM »
As similar for the 13.5 thread, please continue here.

http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,14817.msg978639.html#msg978639