Author Topic: Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic...a disappointment?  (Read 5963 times)

Zerviscos

• Infinite Bread Chewing Powers! Activate!
  • Om nom nom nom nom nom*
Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic...a disappointment?
« on: March 28, 2013, 08:12:44 AM »
Anyone watching this other than me?

How could they screw up so much in the Balbaad and Zagan Arc?
I just wish anime studios and directors WOULD JUST LEAVE the story to the mangakas. They ruined Alibaba's personality, and changed a lot of story-wise elements.
Seeing that the season finale episode 25 will be just around the corner, let's just hope they would go back on track if they even plan a season 2.

Another good manga with a lot of potential, fallen into the hands of greedy companies...Oh damn.. A-1 Pictures, you made up the ending in Blue Exorcist, now must you also do this on Magi? That's it, I lost all my hope for a season 2.

Either they remake this like Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood(heh, the original FMA was pretty awesome though), or this'll just be left alone like all the other goodies out there.

Twitter | Steam | Battle.net[Zerviscos#1833]

Piranha

• Hungry Ghost
Re: Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic...a disappointment?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 09:08:17 AM »
I'm surprised that only now a Magi Thread is opened, should have done that a whole lot earlier.

Yeah the whole mess including Alibaba's character, and the original ending. If you totally forget what the manga is about, then I guess you can enjoy the anime.

But the manga is pure, undiluted goodness.
If you're not reading Magi at the moment, go read it. You will not be disappointed.
Normal 1cc: EoSD (All), PCB (All), IN (All teams), PoFV (Reimu), MoF (All), SA (ReimuA/ReimuB)
Extra stages cleared: EoSD (ReimuB), PCB (ReimuB)
StB: Level 6-X left
My Replays

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 09:11:47 AM »
It will never be as awesome because it is taking half as many books and we are still stuck with Alibaba's angst.
it needs to graduate into something full scale awesome, and FMAB quite simply did that and punched it in the face with it. Also, it is an okay manga to begin with, admittedly I really like Sinbad, and that kid now with the Ren family with Ichigo's sword...but that is about it. There is nothing of particular outstanding with it, and worldview wise reminds me of One Piece already and I hate OP.
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Zerviscos

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 12:19:35 PM »
I'm surprised that only now a Magi Thread is opened, should have done that a whole lot earlier.

Yeah the whole mess including Alibaba's character, and the original ending. If you totally forget what the manga is about, then I guess you can enjoy the anime.

But the manga is pure, undiluted goodness.
If you're not reading Magi at the moment, go read it. You will not be disappointed.
I just watched 2 weeks ago, and yeap, I read it. I did so right after episode 18. AND boooy did A-1 changed a lot.
It will never be as awesome because it is taking half as many books and we are still stuck with Alibaba's angst.
it needs to graduate into something full scale awesome, and FMAB quite simply did that and punched it in the face with it. Also, it is an okay manga to begin with, admittedly I really like Sinbad, and that kid now with the Ren family with Ichigo's sword...but that is about it. There is nothing of particular outstanding with it, and worldview wise reminds me of One Piece already and I hate OP.
Well I can agree with you there. I pretty much hate mainstream animes like Bleach, Naruto, and One Piece...they're getting real tiresome to continue. Though I'm still surprised that I'm still watching Fairy Tail(though I skipped a lot of episodes).

I don't know, maybe my "sense of adventure" genre thing got me from liking it. I really like Magi, and...there's not really much animes that caught my eye this season. (Also...GJ-Bu ended...I wished for more Seira, but they didn't do it.)

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 05:00:35 PM »
To put it simply, even with Alibaba making up his mind (just as planned Sinbad.jpg) and learning to grow up, it is still tedious to read. Since I don't contribute much to the subject from here on out except OH GOD JUDAL'S ABS ARE SO HAWT I will give you the best Morgiana cosplay I have  - http://album.blog.yam.com/devilanni&folder=9889779

« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 05:19:16 PM by ♛ ビビッドレッド !! »
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Piranha

• Hungry Ghost
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 09:20:38 PM »
Thanks for the cosplay pictures.

Just wanted to make my statement clear: While Magi may not have something particularly outstanding, I would be hard-pressed to find something I don't like about the manga.
Spoiler:
(maybe Hakuryuu, but that isn't fully decided yet)
But that's only my personal opinion, so I understand you might not feel the same.
Normal 1cc: EoSD (All), PCB (All), IN (All teams), PoFV (Reimu), MoF (All), SA (ReimuA/ReimuB)
Extra stages cleared: EoSD (ReimuB), PCB (ReimuB)
StB: Level 6-X left
My Replays

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 09:49:13 PM »
Hakuryuu sadly has my favorite ability of all the characters, always loved the
Spoiler:
control of plants and life in general... I mean, whoah, controlling germs and bacteria in the air to give you them super giant germs and viruses that attack with claws and teeth? FUCK YEAH

Zerviscos

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2013, 03:26:00 PM »
And yet...an announced second season comes.

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2013, 05:49:36 PM »
Maybe if it is popular enough they will give us something like FMA Brotherhood after the original anime ending gets scrapped.

Zerviscos

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2013, 03:26:58 PM »
I'm actually getting hooked at the manga. I posted a relationship's thread at MangaFox, since I didn't want to do a thread here with barely any people reading it.
http://tinyurl.com/cqsswru

KouAli all the way!!

Jam-Kiske

• i am not witty
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2013, 04:50:48 AM »
I started watching Magi because I know a lot of people that enjoy the manga and I'm a bit too lazy to start reading something without much idea about what it is so yeah. I've enjoyed it, though you can totally tell that it's lacking some oomph at the least which could surely be found in the manga.

So basically I'll read it someday, but my backlog is ridiculously long already so...

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2013, 05:37:34 PM »
HakuryuuxMorgiana SHIP SHIP SHIP

HakuMor?
HaMorgi?
god not sure what kind of name to raise