Author Topic: Touhou Fantasy [New Topic]  (Read 225685 times)

Your Everyday NEET

• Part time Researcher & Let's Player, full time NEET, also an eel
Re: Touhou Fantasy [New Topic]
« Reply #630 on: March 15, 2016, 12:04:41 AM »
* Holland first, one Ancient Duper should kill her
* That means I became cynical, can you blame me after losing to bugged Alice 15 times and having to redo Kotohime everytime?
* Welp, I don't have any save just before Rikako and I'm too lazy going through Meira again. Rikako's skill name are way too weird, I think it's called Batsu? I don't know, I don't remember.
* That's why it took more than 4 years to complete Beta5
* Wha? Pandaemonium? Boss with 10% chance of appearing?
* Hope, I have a soft spot for playable OC, and she's nice. I'm sure you already know my most hated fragments. (Granted, I only meet 4 fragments)

Overall, it's a fun game. The skill leveling is unique, there's a lot of features, it has very detailed (and huge) map, the story is really compelling and makes you want to continue, it's pretty challenging, and there's around 30+ playable characters (and guests) with their own skills, subcommands, affinities, roles, and passives (battle and overworld). Heck, even guests character have subcommands. But my problem with this game is just there's too much information needed to understand, the tutorial only gave you the basic and once you gain new character, the game only tells you their subcommands. To use characters to the fullest, you need to learn them in-depth. Same goes with attributes (11 element, two damage type). The story also suffer as well. At first, it's just "Pandora has been unsealed, work with Hope and other Touhou character to unsealed it", by the time you reach Beta4, there's so many faction, plot point, cryptic conversion, pronoun game *ding* that makes the story spread from all across the map. I'm not good at overly complicated story. Unlike those sissy Japanese Touhou RPG, the story is 100% serious, no joke, nothing. Like when Aya tried to make a comic relief situation... Well...
I really enjoy playing it, I really enjoy the twists on Beta2 onward. During first half of Beta4, I'm really having a blast,
Spoiler:
the leader for that part is Momiji after all. But then, Themis is there.
And you see why it took me a really long time to complete that one last dungeon.

Xenomic

• T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #631 on: March 15, 2016, 12:33:18 AM »
*I think originally what Futuristic's Self-Destruct did was what it's doing now (then later I THOUGHT I changed it to be a normal Self-Destruct, but obviously didn't). Wonder if its Self-Destruct should still be what it is.
*Oh, it's understandable. I'd get frustrated too if that happened to me. Luckily you helped me figure out what was going on. Once I realized that it was activating upon reviving the dolls, I knew something was wrong.
*All of Rikako's moves are based on Phantasy Star spells. Foie (Fire), Barta (Ice), Zonde (Thunder), Megid (Shadow), and Grants (Holy) are what she uses.
*You mean update beta4? I haven't even remotely finished beta5 yet, I'm still working on that. I have all of the dialogue and stuff in the game (bar a couple dungeons not made and in Ruins of Vina since I haven't messed with that yet), just need to do the eventing, monsters, and whatnot. Which always takes forever, because I also have to take into account when shop upgrades should happen and whatnot. Plus putting in and changing all of the events for every battle is time consuming in itself heh.
*Cave to Pandemonium. 10% chance of appearing a specific area (so there's a 10% chance it'll be at the entrance, if not there then a 10% chance somewhere else, with a 10% chance of not even being around at all). It's something I need to think over again, it's a terrible gimmick to have a boss you have to beat in order to progress not even show up. It resets the RNG everytime you exit and enter the cave entrance.
*Ah. Hope and Fate are among my favorites as well (Chaos is my 3rd favorite of the bunch).

Yeah, that's why the Perfect Memento is in the works. The person who was working on that hasn't touched it in the past year though sadly, and I don't know how he handles the eventing and making the pages for it. You've probably seen them in the Pictures folder, which are the base pages for the characters. Every character in the game will be getting a page like that at some point, and it'll include detailed information on the playable characters as well. As for the story, it's meant to be confusing like that. Beta5 is where it starts answering those things and clearing things up more, especially in regards to the components and a few other mysteries. Any in particular that you were confused about? Do let me know!

Yeah, Cave to Makai is honestly probably TOO big in all honesty. I was going for a "grand finale midpoint dungeon" feel, but maybe it feels too much like a final dungeon?? ^^;

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #632 on: March 15, 2016, 01:39:10 AM »
* With Edo Dolls, 1500 damage on self destruct. No Edo Dolls, 1000 damage, which if combined with Holland...
* I never played Phantasy Star.
* Well, Beta4 only have occasional item shops and ALL the equipment shop are gone. Wish I could help though.

Yeah, I even saw Clownpiece. And who doesn't love her?
AoE, how do you fix it? Reisen is wasting too much B and her Lv3 skill only increases 50 power if memory serves. Sanae and Suwako is too underpowered that you would never use Sanae as Reimu's replacement.

That, and a physiological issue. Here's a hint, who's my favorite character in the game? What happen to her after
Spoiler:
Themis
that causes me to hate her so much?

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #633 on: March 15, 2016, 01:55:28 AM »
*What? It's not even supposed to do 1000 damage if there's no Edo Dolls. That's...not right at all. @_@;
*Neither have I. I just grabbed stuff from there heh.

Eh. I'm not too big on the LoLK characters still even now. They'll still probably show up as optional stuff regardless.
As for AoE, I'm working on that. Reverting all the damage to the original damages you see in Player Skills document, but MP costs will probably be higher than there. Sanae and Suwako are underpowered because I never put more of their skill scrolls in the shops for...some reason.

Yeah, she's one of my favorites too, but even that isn't enough to sway me from doing what I did storywise. It was decided even at the beginning that's what would happen. ^^;

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #634 on: April 11, 2016, 05:18:23 AM »
Been a while folks! Hope ya didn't miss me? ^^

So, while I discussed this with Locke a while back, I am in need of further analysis and ideas for this skillset. You see, I have a character coming up that's temporary playable (then an extended temporary playable character afterwards) that's in need of skills for her skillset. In addition, after she's no longer playable, the skillset mostly transfers over to Hope. So, I'm trying to make two skillsets that are mostly the same between the two characters. However...I am afraid that what me and Locke came up with just isn't going to cut it. For those who are interested, the character's abilities (Chaos) are: high physical strength and manipulation of Void/Space, so the abilities are themed around that to a degree. Of note, when Hope gets the skillset (which is right before final dungeon), most characters should be hitting around 2000-2500 with their strongest skills (4000 for most characters with ultimates. 4000+ for some characters, but they typically have A) High MP Costs, B) Low accuracy, or C) Both).

SKILLSET FOR HOPE

*Ruin: Inflicts 2000 non-elemental magic damage to one enemy.
*Ruinga: Inflicts 2000 non-elemental magic damage to all enemies.
*Twin Comet: First use charges up attack, second use will inflict 4000 non-elemental magic damage to all enemies.
*Undo: After X turns, the party's HP and MP are restored to the value set when the ability is first used.
*Counter Ruin: Counters with an unblockable Ruin to one random target when damaged. Will not activate if Hope is under Poison, Venom, or Sap.
**Post-Apocalypse: Only appears after Counter Ruin has successfully triggered 5 times in the same battle. Inflicts 5000 non-elemental damage to all enemies, then is removed from the skillset.
**Supernova: Requires 4 charges to use. Inflicts 8000 Fire-elemental damage to all enemies.
**Cosmic Break: ????

ADDITIONS TO CHAOS'S SKILLSET

*Almagest: Inflicts damage to all enemies equal to a % of Chaos's current HP.
*Grand Cross: Random chance to inflict any level 10 status to all enemies.
*Galaxy Stop: Same as Sakuya's "Sakuya's World" skill.

Hope does not get Almagest, Grand Cross, or Galaxy Stop at all, since those are supposed to be unique to Chaos alone. I'm very uncertain about Almagest right now out of those 3 (Grand Cross is...what it typically is in the FF series. Galaxy Stop is identical to what it does in the boss fight against her earlier in the game). As for the skills they both share, Ruin and Ruinga are both fine I feel. Undo is also fine, but everything else I'm very uncertain about. Like...they sound good on paper, but I feel the execution and whatnot behind them just wouldn't work out nicely at all.

So with that said and done, what suggestions/ideas do you guys have, if any?

Also, gonna give current update patch since it's probably needed. Fixes some issues here and there.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/eb90cwv0b5rtku2/Touhou_Fantasy.rar

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #635 on: April 11, 2016, 02:31:46 PM »
Also, gonna give current update patch since it's probably needed. Fixes some issues here and there.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/eb90cwv0b5rtku2/Touhou_Fantasy.rar
Nah, don't bother with this. It don't work. Once you open this, it say the game can't find FinalFantasyVI Folder and then crashes. Honestly, setting up this game feels like putting a LEGO.
EDIT: The link has been fixed now.

I know how to fix Post-Apocalypse and Supernova: Overkill them. Set the damage to 10000 and 15000 respectively. But give Supernova an astronomical MP cost and "cooldown" period (give her uncureable status that can't be healed) after use.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 12:41:48 PM by Your Everyday NEET »

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #636 on: April 18, 2016, 01:09:36 AM »
What's done currently!

======================================
            SYSTEM

*All basic elemental rings now cost 2000 yen instead of 4000 yen. This may change later if I ever get the attribute plugin working!

CHARACTERS

*Equipping the following to the following characters will now allow them access to the level 2 variants of their passives or secondary commands:

*Reimu: Pray Lv2 (Shrine Maiden Sleeve, Arm Warmers, PC-98 Garb, Raven Armor), Pray Lv3 (Divine Red-White)
*Marisa: Mug (Black Cat, Up Sweeper), Bandit (Burglar Garb, Raven Armor), Master Thief (Mist Robe)
*Cirno: Eternal Bond Lv2 (Baka Dress, Frostbite, Raven Armor), Eternal Bond Lv3 (Critical Freeze, 0K), Double Summon (Baka Dress, 0K, Raven Armor)
*Aya: Intel Lv2 (Raven Armor)
*Meiling: Chakra Lv2 (Force of Qi, Raven Armor), Chakra Lv3 (Star Breaker), Restore HP Lv2 (Rainbow Dress, Selaginella), Restore HP Lv3 (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon)
*Patchouli: Mana Reserves Lv2 (Elemental Robe, Raven Cloak), Mana Reserves Lv3 (Five Elements), Doublecast Lv2 (Twin Elemental, Mist Robe), Doublecast Lv3 (Seven Element Robe)
*Reisen: Apothecary Lv2 (Medical Gown), Apothecary Lv3 (Business Suit), Insanity Lv2 (Bunny Outfit, Raven Armor), Insanity Lv3 (Lunar Jacket)
*Momiji: Mad Rush Lv2 (Valiant Heart, Ultimatus, Raven Armor), Mad Rush Lv3 (Soul Edge, Soul Calibur), Last Stand Lv2 (Great Tengu Robe, High Rank), Last Stand Lv3 (Yamabushi Garb)
*Nitori: Chemist (Aqua Jacket, Raven Armor), Mirror Items (Sherlock Jacket), Metal Detector (Sherlock Jacket)
*Youmu: Bonecrusher Lv2 (Phantasmagoria, Northern Lights), Bonecrusher Lv3 (Oblivion, Oathkeeper)
*Komachi: Money Talks (One World, Raven Armor), Ransom (Reaper Cloak)
*Yuuka: Threaten Lv2 (Twinkle Star, Riviera, Infernal Geyser, Raven Armor), Threaten Lv3 (Perfect Green)
*Mokou: Sacrifice Lv2 (Healing Touch, Ghost Shell, Raven Armor), Sacrifice Lv3 (Omni Weapon, Flare Arms)
*Remilia: Amok (Noble's Dress)
*Hope: Revive Lv2 (Raven Cloak, Mist Robe), Cup of Life Lv2 (Mist Robe)
*Yumemi: Restore Lv2 (Raven Cloak, Mist Robe)
*Sanae: Recover Lv2 (Raven Armor)
*Suwako: Find Passages (KeroKero Armor, Anti-Snake Armor, Mountain Protector, Faithful Aura, Mishaguji's Scourge), Mishaguji's Curse Lv2 (Anti-Snake Armor, Faithful Aura), Mishaguji's Curse Lv3 (Mishaguji's Scourge)
*Koishi: Learning Lv2 (Raven Cloak, Mist Robe)
*Utsuho: Kamikaze Lv2 (Raven Armor)
*Nue: Morph Lv2 (Raven Armor)

*Hope's Gloom skillset is mostly done. Only Desperation (MP cost) and Jealousy Grasp (coding) need done. Jealousy Grasp may need reworked to be something different however. Hope's Chaos skillset (and therefore Chaos's skillset as well) is still underway as well.
*Hope may gain a few new abilities in her default skillset to replace Protect, Faith, and Bravery. These are:

**Angelsong: Restores minor HP to the party and grants Regen: 50 turns.
**Saint's Spirit: Doubles healing effectiveness on party.
**Extend: Resets durations of all statuses on party.

Saint's Spirit is the one that I'm unsure about right now, seeing as healing is pretty good in this game (AFAIK). Any suggestions for Hope's default skillset is more than welcomed.

*Rinnosuke's Aegis no longer grants Tetra status. In fact, Tetra, Omni, Physical, and Magic statuses are removed for now until further notice since I want to really try to implement the attribute plugin to make doing the coding easier but...never know.
*Utsuho's Kamikaze has been changed. Level 1 now deals damage equal to Utsuho's Max HP x3 instead of x4, Lv2 deals x4 instead of x6, and Lv3 deals x5 instead of x8.

And with that said, for those who are waiting on progress, I'll give this teaser video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5TzDG5N16Q

Once again, I apologize profusely for how long this game is taking to finish. Lack of motivation is a big killer, but combine that with wanting to do other things (mostly Let's Plays) as well as some IRL stuff, and it's kinda hard to get the willpower to keep working on this. But I'm trying to finish it at least! ^^;
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 01:12:59 AM by Xenomic »

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #637 on: April 26, 2016, 10:58:44 PM »
So, here's what I have for ideas on skillsets (of note, for Byakuren, I already updated Yuugyou Hijiri and Mystic Fragrance).

For Suwako:

**Monstrous Toad God: Attempts to force enemies to flee from battle. The higher the level of the skill, the greater the chance of forcing enemies to flee. No rewards are given for enemies that flee in this manner. Starts at 25% or less of Suwako's level for enemies to flee at level 1 (if Suwako is level 50, then enemies of level 12-13 or less will flee at a 100% chance), with +25% each level up. Does not work on all enemies and fails on bosses.
**Native God's Curse: Deals X damage to all enemies, dealing more damage the more allies that are KO'd. Higher levels increase the amount of damage increased by how many dead allies there are. 4 levels.
**Blighted Earth: Attempts to halve all enemies status resistances for X turns. The duration of the turns increases the higher the level of the skill. 4 levels.
**Brave the Elements: Attempts to halve all elemental resistances on all enemies. Higher levels increases duration of debuff. 5 levels.
**Seven Stones:
**Full Sakura Blizzard: Cures various statuses depending on levels. Level 1 cures Death (character revive with 1 HP), Level 2 cures Heat, Level 3 cures Curse, Level 4 cures Zombie, and Level 5 cures Doom. Unsure if it will be single-target or AoE.
**Frog God: Doubles effect of chosen character's battle passive for X turn. Higher levels increases the duration of the buff. 5 levels.

For Byakuren:

**Omen in Purple Mist: Instantly kills any enemy below X% of their Max HP. Level 1 starts at 25%, with max level (level 6) ending at 50% Max HP. Does not work on all enemies, and fails on bosses.
**Cloudy Way in Purple: Grants Critical: ????. Higher levels increases the HP threhold for said ability to activate, starting at 25% Max HP and ending at 50% Max HP.
**Syncretism: As long as target is above X% Max HP, target will gain an Auto-ability. Starts at 90% at Level 1, ends at 65% at max level?
**Yuugyou Hijiri: Grants Protect, Bravery, Faith, and Haste (starting at 15 turns, up to 40 turns at max level) to Byakuren.
**Mystic Fragrance: Restores MP to the party equal to a random number between 0-20. Every level gains +20 to the random number, up to 100 at level 5. Max level restores MP equal to a random number between 0 and (100 + caster's level). MP cost for each level is the max MP recovery threshold for each level, with Lv6 costing 120.
**Air Scroll: Nullifies all physical damage to one target. Higher levels increases duration by +5 turns, to a max of 30 turns.
**Good Omen: Absorbs all damage equal to target's Max HP, then disappears. Will not work on damage that exceeds target's current HP or any effect that instantly kills target. Each level increases HP threshold by 20%, up to 200% Max HP.
**Flying Fantastica: Copies buffs (varies per level) to the rest of the party that Byakuren has.
**Magic Butterfly: Nullifies all magic damage to one target. Higher levels increases duration by +5 turns, to a max of 30 turns.
Star Sword Apologetics: Reduces all resistances of all enemies by half.

Byakuren no longer has Weapon Bless, and Suwako's Armor Status Bless MIGHT be moved to Reisen instead. The reasons for this is that Switch skills cannot appear in Skill Subsets, and if the Skill Subsets are put as Skills, then all abilities the character has will appear in there (for Byakuren, her Weapon Bless skills were appearing in both her Mystic command and Weapon Bless command. This is not desirable as I wanted to keep the two separate). I could make it so that all of the skills appear in the same skillset, but is that something that is desirable by the players? I do not know...

By the by, some of these I may not be able to do properly, and some will require a lot of testing. I am at least hoping this makes Suwako and Byakuren much more viable though. While I am updating these two, I am also debating on what to do for their new secondary commands, if Weapon Bless/Armor Bless skills are added into their normal skillset, and if I should have Nitori's Armor Bless skills be part of her Water command since it's so short anyways.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #638 on: May 07, 2016, 05:44:50 AM »
=========================================
         CHARACTERS

Reisen:

*No longer has Insanity command, but now has Suwako's Armor Status Bless command and skills.

Byakuren:

*No longer has access to the Weapon Bless command.

**Omen in Purple Mist: Instantly kills any enemy below X% of their Max HP. Level 1 starts at 25%, with max level (level 6) ending at 50% Max HP. Does not work on all enemies, and fails on bosses. 12 MP at level 1, 42 MP at max level.
**Syncretism: Copies buffs (varies per level) to the rest of the party that Byakuren has. Level 2 versions of buffs at level 1, up to level 7 versions of buffs at max level. Any status that does not have a level higher than the current skill level will not have its duration improved. MP costs have not been implemented yet as the ability has yet to be coded.
**Yuugyou Hijiri: Grants Protect, Bravery, Faith, and Haste (starting at 15 turns, up to 40 turns at max level) to Byakuren. 18 MP at level 1, 64 MP at max level.
**Mystic Fragrance: Restores MP to the party equal to a random number between 0-20. Every level gains +20 to the random number, up to 100 at level 5. Max level restores MP equal to a random number between 0 and (100 + caster's level). MP cost for each level is the max MP recovery threshold for each level, with Lv6 costing 120. 20 MP at level 1, 120 MP at max level.
**Air Scroll: Nullifies all physical damage to one target. Higher levels increases duration by +5 turns, to a max of 30 turns. 18 MP at level 1, 85 MP at max level.
**Good Omen: Restores 1% Max HP and MP to target for 30 turns. Each level increases the healing by 1%, to a maximum of 6% Max HP/MP. 10 MP at level 1, 60 MP at max level.
**Flying Fantastica: While unit with buff is below X% Max MP, their MP will be refilled to that value until buff wears off. The higher the skill level, the higher the % threshold will be. Starts at 20% at level 1 and ends at 45% at max level. MP costs have not been adjusted yet. Suggestions are welcomed.
**Magic Butterfly: Nullifies all magic damage to one target. Higher levels increases duration by +5 turns, to a max of 30 turns. 18 MP at level 1, 85 MP at max level.

Suwako:

*No longer has Armor Status Bless.

What this means is that Suwako and Byakuren need new secondary commands that aren't skillsets. This also means that since Reisen's getting Armor Status Bless, she cannot have any skills that relies on Switches (which is why Suwako and Byakuren lost their secondary skillsets in the first place). I am not sure what to give either of them, so if you have any suggestions, feel free to let me know. In addition, I am wrapping up Byakuren here soon (just need to get to Syncretism, which is gonna be a chore to code...). These are what I have in mind for the last 2 abilities to update on her, and then I'm going back to working on maps and events to progress beta5 further. Suwako, Reisen, and Nitori will have to wait until later for updates.

**Cloudy Way in Purple: Inflicts unblockable damage to all enemies depending on a base value + the number of buffs Byakuren has. The higher the skill level, the more damage the skill will do.
**Star Sword Apologetics: Reduces all resistances of all enemies by half.

I'm not really feeling it on either of these abilities at the current time, but I don't know. The first one is gonna be super hard to balance, and the second one I'm not really sure if that fits for her ultimate or not, which by the way she learns automatically at a point in beta5. This should HOPEFULLY make Byakuren much more viable to be used during the game, as she's supposed to be a key character for when the player gets her until later on.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #639 on: May 19, 2016, 05:43:50 AM »
More updates! And with this, I'm almost done with Byakuren's full update! Just gotta get Cloudy Way in Purple and Star Sword Apologetics updated and she'll be good to go! Suwako/Nitori/Reisen are all going to be much later on. For now, working on adding in the new mini-dungeons (the caves between Makai and Gensokyo, as well as a couple optional dungeons) and Valley of Corpses (the next dungeon for beta5. All that's needed is to put in the enemies and treasures, then test the area myself and it'll be good to go!). Alot of progress is about to be made on the game since I'm currently on a LPing hiatus (just got done doing FFVII again, so that should take at least 20 more days before I run out of videos on that and before I decide on what to do next!). For now, this is what's new!

CHARACTERS

Meiling:

**Tiger Chi Release: MP costs reduced to 4 MP at level 1, +4 MP per level up (to maximum of 20 MP at max level). Now inflicts Bravery/Deprotect/Defaith on Meiling, starting at 10 turns at level 1, up to 30 turns at max level. No longer increases stats by a raw amount.

Byakuren:

**Syncretism: Copies buffs (varies per level) to the rest of the party that Byakuren has. Level 2 versions of buffs at level 1, up to level 7 versions of buffs at max level. Any status that does not have a level higher than the current skill level will not have its duration improved.

Hope:

**Dispel/Dispelga are now 100% accuracy instead of 70%.
**Decurse now cures Curse, Zombie, and Doom to one ally.
**No longer has Bravery, Faith, or Protect. Instead, now has the following in place of those, in addition to a new skill:

**Angelsong: Restores 700 base HP to the party and grants them Regen: 50. 28 MP.
**Wall: Halves all physical/magic damage for 50 turns to one ally. 58 MP.
**Starlight Barrier: Nullifies all physical/magic damage for 10 turns to one ally. 40 MP.
**Extend: Resets the durations of all buffs to one ally. 16 MP.

Suwako:

**Suwako no longer has Armor Status Bless, which has been moved to Reisen. In its place is the Hibernate command, which puts Suwako to sleep for 10 turns but restores 100 HP and 5 MP every turn. At level 2, it restores 200 HP and 10 MP every turn, and at level 3, it restores 400 HP and 20 MP every turn.

**The damage on all AoEs have been reverted to their original damage values. MP costs will be adjusted on these later on.

ENEMIES

**Yuugenmagan now is no longer immune to Blind and Silence. He now has a 60% chance of being inflicted by Blind, as well as a 20% chance for Silence and Lock.

« Reply #640 on: May 19, 2016, 06:03:04 AM »
Surprising to bump into you here. Looks like I've got a lot to catch up on this game. I think the last time I looked into it, I was taking a look around the scarlet devil mansion and Great Fairy Wars was still fairly new.

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #641 on: May 19, 2016, 03:32:40 PM »
Surprising to bump into you here. Looks like I've got a lot to catch up on this game. I think the last time I looked into it, I was taking a look around the scarlet devil mansion and Great Fairy Wars was still fairly new.
Great Fairy Wars? That means 8 years ago if I'm correct. Yes, you have a lot to catch up. Now that this game is halfway done, 30-50 hours of gameplay awaits (For reference: that's the time I take in FFX to get to endgame)
Hope:
That means
Spoiler:
Gloom's Hope will have that skills too am I right?

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #642 on: May 19, 2016, 07:54:35 PM »
Hmm?? I don't know if I remember you, Rezeed. But hey! If you wanna give it a swing, go for it! Can always use more testers on the game. I'm half-tempted to cut some content out actually to make the game not nearly as long but...doubt I will ehehehe...^^;;

@Your Everyday NEET: Nope, that's for Hope's default skillset only. Which is going to make that skillset even better than before. The one you speak of is already set up and ready to go (Desperation is insanely powerful too. I need something else for Jealousy Grasp though, I don't like what it does right now...).

« Reply #643 on: May 20, 2016, 12:35:26 AM »
Hmm?? I don't know if I remember you, Rezeed. But hey! If you wanna give it a swing, go for it! Can always use more testers on the game. I'm half-tempted to cut some content out actually to make the game not nearly as long but...doubt I will ehehehe...^^;;

You're actually still subscribed to my youtube channel, but it has been a while. (Look at the Nickname it's no different from the name of my main channel.) The last time we talked, I was giving you musical contributions with my Final Fantasy IV Soundfont Remixes. Come to think of I need to find that list of songs that were on your wish list. Either way, it's a pleasant surprise to run into you.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #644 on: May 20, 2016, 12:37:39 AM »
Oh duuuuurr! I didn't notice the nickname lol. My bad, if I seen that earlier I would've known instantly. ^^;

« Reply #645 on: May 20, 2016, 12:44:16 AM »
Fair enough. Youtube is the only place I use the alias of NamekuBushi. With most places, I'm Rezeed by default. That aside, would you like some more contributions from me. I've been trying to do keep regular with my soundfont remixing lately.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #646 on: May 20, 2016, 12:47:10 AM »
You could try to give them a shot. Not gonna promise that I'll use everything, or even anything, but can always give it a shot. I do believe I still use the Voyage 1969 and Ultimate Truth songs that you did for me in TF since those worked well enough for event themes for when they were used.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #647 on: May 22, 2016, 12:48:43 AM »
Alright, so here's the problem. Valley of Corpses is pretty much set to go as it is for testing. The issue is I NEED to update Reisen and Nitori NOW, as I wanted this dungeon to be where they'd both be extremely helpful, especially Nitori (seeing as you could go through the entire game without bothering using her once). This means I need to update her skillset. However, here's the issues at hand:

A) I cannot make any of her Water or Stock abilities be SWITCH skills (for example, her Bomb Core right now would have to go because it'd require custom coding). Reason for this is I don't want the skills to overlap into the other skillsets.
B) I need to figure out how exactly I want to handle her CURRENT skills she has in her Stock command. Do I want to remove them outright? Do I want to change their MP costs? Do I want to make it so that in order to learn them, you need to use up X amount of items in the Crafting Shop on her to permanently learn the skill? If so, should it cost 0 MP or should it cost X MP? Which of her original skills should she get to keep then?
C) I would like to give her new Stock commands that can only be bought at the skill shop (in other words, to replace the skills you could learn via the Crafting Shop method or any other method). Problem is, which of these should be added? I don't want to overbloat her Stock command with too many abilities. I want her to have options, but not TOO many options!

For reference, this is her current Stock abilities (EX versions are just AoE versions of said skills):

P: Restores 200 HP.
Lapis: Restores 500 HP.
Large P: Restores 1000 HP.
1-Up: Revives a KO'd ally with 10% Max HP.
Antidote: Cures Poison and Venom.
Eye Drops: Cures Blind.
Echo Note: Cures Silence.
Bravace: Cures Berserk.
Anti-Mixup: Cures Confusion.
Alarm Clock: Cures Sleep.
Denumber: Cures Paralyze.
Mini Hammer: Cures Lock.
Soft: Cures Petrify.
Anti-Freeze: Cures Freeze.
Chrono Breaker: Cures Slow and Stop.
Faith: Cures most negative statuses.

There's also the "Gear Change" method, which would just swap the default versions of these to their EX versions, or vice versa. It COULD work, but would require a ton of coding to get working right I think.

The following, for those who don't remember, are what I was thinking of adding to her Stock command:

Strength Tonic: Bravery: 25 turns to one/party.
Iron Draft: Protect: 25 turns to one/party.
Sage's Wisdom: Faith: 25 turns to one/party.
Speed Drink: Haste: 25 turns to one.
Hero's Drink: Bravery/Protect/Faith/Haste: 25 turns to one/party.
Miracle Drink: Regen/MP Regen/Bravery/Protect/Faith/Haste: 25 turns to one/party.
Angel's Sigh: Removes all statuses and prevents statuses for 20 turns.
Neutralizer: Dispels all buffs on target.
HP Sucker: Drains HP from one target.
Hungry HP Sucker: Drains HP from all enemies.
Bottle Rocket: Minor unblockable damage to one (Roughly 100-150).
Big Bottle Rocket: Moderate unblockable damage to one (Roughly 500).
Multi-Bottle Rocket: Major unblockable damage to one (Roughly 1000-2000).
Bomb Core: Inflicts damage to target equal to current HP, but kills user.
Siren: Force battle with rarest enemy group.
Emergency Exit: Escape from battle.
Superball: Same as Meira's attack.

Some of these, like Hero's Drink, Miracle Drink, Bomb Core, and Angel's Sigh, probably won't even be here or keep their current effects, if they stay around. And this is just for the Stock command! There's Nitori's Water command too, which has...3 skills to its name:

Name: Hydro Camouflage (Upgrades to Ooze Flooding at Lv5 and Flash Flood at Lv9)
Type: Magic
Target: All Enemies
Attribute: Water
MP Per Level:
   1 - 16
   2 - 18
   3 - 20
   4 - 23
   5 - 26
   6 - 30
   7 - 34
   8 - 39
   9 - 45
 10 - 52
 11 - 60
 12 - 69
Damage/Healing Per Level:
   1 - 200
   2 - 350
   3 - 500
   4 - 650
   5 - 800
   6 - 950
   7 - 1100
   8 - 1250
   9 - 1400
 10 - 1650
 11 - 1800
 12 - 1950
Variance: ? 2 (4 at lv5, 6 at lv9)

Name: Extending Arm
Type: Physical/Magical
Target: Single Enemy
Attribute: Physical
MP Per Level:
   1 - 100
Damage/Healing Per Level:
   1 - 5000
Variance: ? 4

Name: Optical Camouflage
Target: Self
Attribute: None
MP Per Level:
   1 - 7
   2 - 14
   3 - 21
   4 - 28
   5 - 35
   6 - 42
   7 - 49
   8 - 56
   9 - 63
 10 - 70
Condition Per Level:
   1 - Fire Resist Up, Blink: 50 turns
   2 - Fire/Ice Resist Up, Blink: 50 turns
   3 - Fire/Ice/Thunder Resist Up, Blink: 50 turns
   4 - Fire/Ice/Thunder/Earth Resist Up, Blink: 50 turns
   5 - Fire/Ice/Thunder/Earth/Wind Resist Up, Blink: 50 turns
   6 - Fire/Ice/Thunder/Earth/Wind/Holy Resist Up, Blink: 50 turns
   7 - Elemental Resist Up, Blink: 50 turns
   8 - Elemental/Poison Resist Up, Blink: 50 turns
   9 - Elemental/Poison/Gravity Resist Up, Blink: 50 turns
 10 - Elemental/Poison/Gravity/Physical Resist Up, Blink: 50 turns
Variance: ? 0

Name: Water Carpet
Target: Single Ally on odd levels, All Allies on even levels
Attribute: Water
MP Per Level:
   1 - 4
   2 - 8
   3 - 12
   4 - 16
   5 - 20
   6 - 24
   7 - 28
   8 - 32
Variance: ? 0
Additional Information:
   *25% chance every 2 levels for Water Resist Up

As you can see, even her ultimate is lackluster. Again, I cannot do Switch skills so that's out of the question (but I CAN do "switch" skills via Statuses, if done right). I don't even know what else TO give her for her Water command, nor if she should even get much else in it when she also has Stock and Armor Elemental Bless. I did have this idea for a revamp of one of her moves though:

Optical Camouflage: Vanish status to one target. Avoids all physical attacks, but takes double damage from magic attacks and status wears off immediately upon losing HP from a magic attack. Single ally.

Which would be unique. There's no easy way to remove the status though since I cannot detect what type of attacks are used, and Poison/Venom/Sap/etc. would affect the coding too.

So yeah! Really need to get going on Nitori before I can continue the game! Reisen can wait until after Nitori is done since she shouldn't be nearly as hard! ^^;

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #648 on: May 22, 2016, 09:14:53 AM »
So it has been decided, thanks to LockeZ for brainstorming with me! This is what will happen with Nitori!

P (Starts): Restores 200 HP.
Lapis: Restores 500 HP.
Large P: Restores 1000 HP.
1-Up: Revives a KO'd ally with 10% Max HP.
Antidote (Starts): Cures Poison and Venom.
Faith: Cures all negative statuses except Death, Zombie, and Doom.
Holy Water: Cures Zombie, Doom, Debrave, Deprotect, Defaith, Fear, and Cursed.
Strength Tonic: Grants Bravery: 25 turns to one ally.
Iron Draft: Grants Protect: 25 turns to one ally.
Sage's Wisdom: Grants Faith: 25 turns to one ally.
Speed Drink: Grants Haste: 25 turns to one ally.
Healing Spring: Grants Regen: 25 turns to one ally.
Bottle Rocket (Or Knot of Rust): Inflicts minor unblockable damage to one enemy (100-150 base damage).
Big Bottle Rocket (Or S-Mine): Inflicts moderate unblockable damage to one enemy (500 base power).
Multi-Bottle Rocket (Or 8-Inch Cannon): Inflicts major unblockable damage to one enemy (1000-2000 base power)
Neutralizer (or Dispel Tonic): Removes all buffs from one enemy. May inflict minor Mystic-elemental/non-elemental damage as well.
HP Sucker: Drains HP from one enemy.

Gear Change: Inflicts GearC on Nitori that lasts 30 turns. While status is on, all current Stock commands that can have an EX version will become EX. EX versions are half-powered of the original versions, but is still affected by Chemist/Mirror Items. If Nitori doesn't have the status, they will be back to normal. Depending on weapon equipped, the duration will be increased by 10 turns, up to +20 turns.

*For P, Lapis, Large P, Faith, 1-Up, and Holy Water, the player will need to bring X amount of those items to the crafting shop and use them for Nitori to permanently learn those skills. They will cost 0 MP whenever she uses them. For all other skills, how they will be obtained I have not decided yet. Should they be bought from the shop? Obtained from the crafting shop just like Nitori's other skills?

*Neutralizer, Bottle Rocket, Big Bottle Rocket, Multi-Bottle Rocket, and Faith will not have an EX version of them.

So that's that! Optical Camouflage may still get updated, but that's not a big priority at the moment. Reisen is in the midst of being updated. This is what I have so far:

Original versions:

**Ultraviolet Field: Cures Poison.
**Eyesight Cleaning: Cures Blind.
**Weak Heart: Cures Sleep.
**Disorder Eye: Cures Berserk.
**Mind Bending: Cures Confusion.
**Corolla Glance: Cures Paralyze.
**Ripple Vision: Cures Sleep/Silence.
**Undersense Break: Cures Petrify/Freeze/Stop.

Current updated versions:

**Ultraviolet Field: Cures Slow, Stop, Heat.
**Eyesight Cleaning: Cures Blind.
**Weak Heart: Cures Debrave, Deprotect, Defaith, Fear, Paralyze.
**Disorder Eye: Cures Confusion, Berserk.
**Mind Bending: Cures Lock, Disable.
**Corolla Glance: Cures Sap, MP Sap.
**Ripple Vision: Cures Silence.
**Undersense Break: Cures Sleep.

I'm trying to make her status healing skills be more thematic, but it's really, really hard. I was suggested to make them also grant immunity to the statuses they heal, but that seems like overkill (and I can't remove and inflict a status on the same skill anyways). Plus, Reisen has Armor Status Bless anyways so yeah. Any suggestions on Reisen's skills will be much appreciated.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #649 on: May 26, 2016, 08:43:45 AM »
While I'm trying to get Extend to work (because it's not working as intended), I already got the Valley of Corpses - Dimensional Rift and the next event fully coded out (just have to fix dialogue errors and set up the boss fight for the new event), and then it's back to doing more event fixing before Frozen Fields happens! I'm going to need some suggestions for enemies here, but I'll get to that in a bit.

For anyone who has gotten up to beta5 so far, and at least got up to Hollowed Caverns, if you are interested in beta testing the newest sections and dungeons for beta5, please let me know. Of course, I need people who haven't overgrinded (because there are people who got to like level 50 or higher while waiting on stuff, or actually maxed out character stats by grinding stat boosting items and the like). Recommended levels around level 25-30, if possible. 35 is acceptable too I believe for this section. EXP and whatnot will be adjusted at a later date, but those levels are what I need (my Marisa, for instance, was level 35 I believe, while my Hope was level 30. Everyone else was around level 25-28). I definitely need people to test out enemies and whatnot to make sure they're balanced as I already know how to deal with them myself, so it's super easy for me to abuse their weaknesses and the like. I didn't even abuse their status weaknesses (yes, enemies are actually pretty vulnerable to some statuses now. That's something I'm trying to fix up on enemies for certain).

The following sections/dungeons are what's needed for testing (in spoilers):

Spoiler:
Hollowed Caverns
Hollowed Caverns - Dimensional Rift
Shinki's Scenario
Rinnosuke's Scenario. This one needs heavy testing for good reasons.
Pandaemonium Downtime
Corpse Cave
Valley of Corpses
Valley of Corpses - Dimensional Rift

This will require me to upload the most recent version of the game if you are interested in testing this out. In addition, if anyone is really bored and want to help out, feel free to play through from the start and test out enemies, see what status resistance or moveset changes enemies could use, etc. etc. Or, try to go through without grinding too much! I am also going to be testing HP/MP+ accessories to make sure that they're working properly, because my Marisa somehow has 720 MP at level 36 with a +60% MP accessory, and that doesn't...seem right.

With that out of the way, here's what's to come for Frozen Fields in terms of enemies/bosses (do not read past this point if you don't want spoilers on who the enemies/bosses are!!!). Movesets aren't finalized yet obviously, but there's some there right now.

===================================
FROZEN FIELDS
===================================

Bomb:

Self-Destruct
Fireball
Fira
Blaze
Body Slam

Red Mousse:

White Mousse:

Fire Elemental:

Ice Elemental:

Grenade:

Self-Destruct
Chain Reaction (Used only when low on HP. Forces all other Bombs and Grenades to use Self-Destruct on their turn)
Blizzaga
Absolute Zero
Firaga

Necromancer (NM):

[When low on HP, uses a 1 time full heal and becomes stronger. When "alive", uses fire magic. When "revived", uses ice magic]

(Alive)

Flare Tornado
Flare Star
Flare
Nova Storm

(Revived)

Avalanche
Icicle Rain
Frigid Damsel
Freeze
Diamond Edge

Yuugemagan:

Yuki:

Chaos Flare
Burn
Firaja

Mai:

Frostbite
Freeze
Blizzaja

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #650 on: May 29, 2016, 09:39:24 AM »
More updates! A lot more got changed than I thought they did...a lot are minor but still worth mentioning. On that note, I've updated the Player Skills document, so there's that going. I might update the Enemy Skills and Inventory documents, if for my benefit at the very least, but taking 6 more hours to get through everything sounds ugh. Even worse if it's the Bestiary which needs updated super badly...and I don't really want to deal with THAT thing. Wish there was an easier way of doing bestiaries in 2k3...

Also of note, I might actually start trying to do status icons since I ripped enough of them from FFIX and X-2 for the wiki. I got them all on my external so got a lot I can use! On that note, I totally forgot there was a boss fight I need to do first before I can continue on with the game, so I need to do that. Having a bit of a hard time coming up with something interesting though. For those who are wondering the boss fight is:

Spoiler:
The Red Oni and Blue Oni that Chen uses. Yes, they're actually bosses, and they're fought using only Yamame and Medicine. Yes, there's a storyline reason to this, but I need to figure out what's the best way of handling this boss fight, especially since 90% of skills aren't magic or physical (well, they are in terms of them using that stat of the character, but in terms of the ATTRIBUTE, they tend to only be non-elemental or elemental, but never elemental/non-elemental physical or magic unless it's something that looks it). If anyone has any ideas for this fight, do shoot me a breeze!

I'm also thinking of what to do with Sanae's three stat boosting abilities since...well...they're pretty garbage. I could do AoE Bravery, Protect, and Faith, but that sounds like a cop-out with her (and I also gotta do something with her Absorb Resist up ability that she doesn't really need at all). Arrrrgh!

==========================================
             SYSTEM

**Ying-Yang Scrolls now cost more as follows:
  **Lv1: 150 > 1500
  **Lv2: 800 > 2450
  **Lv3: 1750 > 4500
  **Lv4: 0 > 8250
**Tiger Scrolls now cost as follows:
  **Lv1: 2000 > 1000
  **Lv2: 5000 > 2000
  **Lv3: 10000 > 4000
  **Lv4: 0 > 8000
  **Lv5: 0 > 16000
**All of Nitori's original Stock command scrolls no longer exist in the game data. If the player had any of these in their inventory, they are now gone. Hopefully they didn't buy these and not use them immediately to get the money back before the next update!

CHARACTERS

Marisa:

**Devildom Torch has been altered. It no longer removes buffs on enemies nor deals non-elemental magic damage. It now inflicts Defaith on the enemy, starting at 10 turns at level 1, +10 turns per level up to a maximum of 40 turns at max level.

Reisen:

**Life Elixir now only works on Reisen and can no longer target other allies.
**Ultrared Field now has 100% accuracy instead of 80%.
**Infrared Moon now targets all allies instead of just one ally.

Nitori:

**Nitori's Stock command has been completely revamped:

**P (Starts): Restores 200 HP.
**Lapis: Restores 500 HP.
**Large P: Restores 1000 HP.
**1-Up: Revives a KO'd ally with 10% Max HP.
**Antidote (Starts): Cures Poison and Venom.
**Faith: Cures all negative statuses except Death, Zombie, and Doom.
**Holy Water: Cures Zombie, Doom, Debrave, Deprotect, Defaith, Fear, and Cursed.
**Strength Tonic: Grants Bravery: 25 turns to one ally.
**Iron Draft: Grants Protect: 25 turns to one ally.
**Sage's Wisdom: Grants Faith: 25 turns to one ally.
**Speed Drink: Grants Haste: 25 turns to one ally.
**Healing Spring: Grants Regen: 25 turns to one ally.
**Knot of Rust: Inflicts minor unblockable damage to one enemy (100-150 base damage).
**S-Mine: Inflicts moderate unblockable damage to one enemy (500 base power).
**8-Inch Cannon: Inflicts major unblockable damage to one enemy (1000-2000 base power)
**Neutralizer (or Dispel Tonic): Removes all buffs from one enemy. May inflict minor Mystic-elemental/non-elemental damage as well.
**HP Sucker: Drains HP from one enemy.

*In addition, Nitori gained a new ability in her default Water command.

**Gear Change: Inflicts GearC on Nitori that lasts 30 turns. While status is on, all current Stock commands that can have an EX version will become EX. EX versions are half-powered of the original versions, but is still affected by Chemist/Mirror Items. If Nitori doesn't have the status, they will be back to normal. Depending on weapon equipped, the duration will be increased by 10 turns, up to +20 turns.

*For all of Nitori's Stock abilities excluding her starting abilities, the player can no longer buy or win the skills. Now the player must acquire them from the crafting shop by trading in X amount of items to learn the skills. There are no EX versions of Faith, Neutralizer, or the attack items. There are no Mirror Item version of Neutralizer or the attack items. There is no Chemist version of Neutralizer or the attack items excluding HP Sucker.

Suwako:

*New skills available:

**Full Sakura Blizzard: Level 1 cures Curse, level 2 cures Heat, level 3 cures Disable, level 4 cures Zombie, and level 5 cures Doom. Starts at 8 MP at level 1, 17 MP at level 2, 24 MP at level 3, 30 MP at level 4, and 39 MP at level 5.

Yuuka:

**Crackdown no longer attempts to reduce one target's Defense to 0 at 40% accuracy. It now has a 10% chance of inflicting 9999 damage with no element attached to it.

Hope:

**Cosmic Spear (Fate's Limit Break) is now set to 100% accuracy instead of 90% accuracy. All Limit Breaks are 100% accuracy.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #651 on: June 01, 2016, 08:17:54 AM »
So the question of the day is: How to determine just how long a game is going to be? Currently, I am aiming for roughly 40-60 game overs for the main storyline (additional game time for sidequest stuff depends on if I feel like ever doing them), which at the 50-60% mark of my game as it is, it runs about 20-40 hours (varying on the player of course). The problem that I'm currently running into, however, is the later half of the game's content. There's a lot of dungeons still left in the game with storyline attached to them, and I hate to cut out storyline related anything, but I feel that I may need to to keep it down to a reasonable length. I know that many game companies do this often, and I can understand why, but just what exactly is best to cut out? Would it be wise to somehow relegate cut content to another part of the game? How do you determine how many dungeons your game has? How do you determine just how LONG each dungeon is?

For the record, this is what most of my dungeons tend to be (spoilers because it's going to go into detail on each one):

Beta1:
Spoiler:
Total amount of dungeons: 5

Dungeon #1: Misty Lake (estimated time: 10-15 minutes)
Dungeon #2: Forest of Magic (estimated time: 10-15 minutes on both paths)
Dungeon #3: Scarlet Devil Mansion (estimated time: 20-25 minutes)
Dungeon #4: Bamboo Forest of the Lost (estimated time: 20 minutes)
Dungeon #5: Eientei (estimated time: 30-45 minutes, since this one is kinda a puzzle dungeon)

Beta2:
Spoiler:
Total amount of dungeons: 5

Dungeon #1: Underschool (estimated time: 20-25 minutes)
Dungeon #2: Youkai Mountain (estimated time: 30 minutes-1 hour)
Dungeon #3: Winter Forest (estimated time: 20 minutes)
Dungeon #4: Hakugyokurou (estimated time: 20 minutes)
Dungeon #5: Eientei (estimate time: 30 minutes)

Beta3:
Spoiler:
Total dungeons: 4

Dungeon #1: Road of Reconsideration (estimated time: 30 minutes)
Dungeon #2: Remains of Hell (estimated time: 30 minutes-1 hour)
Dungeon #3: Mayohiga (estimated time: 10 minutes)
Dungeon #4: Poltergeist Mansion (estimated time: 30-45 minutes)

Beta4:
Spoiler:
Total dungeons: 12

Dungeon #1: Kourindou (estimated time: 10 minutes)
Dungeon #2: Misty Lake (estimated time: 15-20 minutes)
Dungeon #3: Scarlet Devil Mansion (estimated time: 20-25 minutes)
Dungeon #4: Remains of Hell (estimated time: 30-45 minutes)
Dungeon #5: Hakurei Shrine Ruins (estimated time: 10 minutes)
Dungeon #6: Youkai Mountain (estimated time: 30-45 minutes)
Dungeon #7: Dream Land (estimated time: 30-45 minutes)
Dungeon #8: Scarlet Devil Mansion - Dimensional Rift (estimated time: 20-30 minutes)
Dungeon #9: Icicle Caverns (estimated time: 20-30 minutes)
Dungeon #10: Insect Forest (estimated time: 20-30 minutes)
Dungeon #11: Eastern Forest (estimated time: 20 minutes)
Dungeon #12: Cave to Makai (estimated time 1-2 hours)

Beta5:
Spoiler:
Total dungeons: 17

Dungeon #1: Cave to Pandaemonium (estimated time: 20-30 minutes)
Dungeon #2: Pandemonium (estimated time: 30 minutes)
Dungeon #3: Hollowed Caverns (estimated time: 1-2 hours)
Dungeon #4: Hollowed Caverns - Dimensional Rift (estimated time: 25-30 minutes)
Dungeon #5: Battlefield (estimated time: 20-25 minutes)
Dungeon #6: Makai Caves (estimated time: 20-30 minutes)
Dungeon #7: Valley of Corpses (estimated time: 20-30 minutes)
Dungeon #8: Valley of Corpses - Dimensional Rift (estimated time: 10-20 minutes)
Dungeon #9: Frozen Fields (estimated time: ????)
Dungeon #10: Frozen Fields - Dimensional Rift (estimated time: ????)
Dungeon #11: Fallen Shrine (estimated time: ????)
Dungeon #12: Fallen Shrine - Dimensional Rift (estimated time: ????)
Dungeon #13: Reimaden (estimated time: ????)
Dungeon #14: True Pandemonium (estimated time: ????)
Dungeon #15: Silent Shrine (estimated time: ????)
Dungeon #16: Palanquin Ship (estimated time: ????)
Dungeon #17: Hokkai (estimated time: ????)

Beta6:
Spoiler:
Total dungeons: 17

Dungeon #1: Hakurei Shrine Forest (estimated time: ????)

(From here, dungeons could be gone to in any order)
Dungeon #2: Misty Lake - River Banks (estimated time: ????)
Dungeon #3: Scarlet Devil Mansion - Clock Tower (estimated time: ????)
Dungeon #4: Youkai Mountain - Tenma's Tower (estimated time: ????)
Dungeon #5: Youkai Mountain - Genbu Marsh (estimated time: ????)
Dungeon #6: Hakuygokurou - Netherworld (estimated time: ????)
Dungeon #7: Bamboo Forest of the Lost - Hanged Man's Route (estimated time: ????)
Dungeon #8: Forest of Magic - Stormy Path (estimated time: ????)
Dungeon #9: Road of Reconsideration - Sanzu River (estimated time: ????)
Dungeon #10: Sunflower Fields (estimated time: ????)
Dungeon #11: Probability Hyperspace Vessel (estimated time: ????)
Dungeon #12: Remains of Hell - Chireiden Basement (estimated time: ????)

(Dungeons return to gone in order from here)
Dungeon #13: Pandaemonium-R (estimated time: ????)
Dungeon #14: Lunarian Capital (estimated time: ????)
Dungeon #15: Dimensional Distortion (estimated time: ????)
Dungeon #16: Sea of Clouds (estimated time: ????)
Dungeon #17: Bhava-Agra (estimated time: ????)

Beta7:
Spoiler:
Total dungeons: 4

Dungeon #1: End of Gensokyo (estimated time: ????)
Dungeon #2: Gaplands (estimated time: ????)
Dungeon #3: The Void (estimated time: ????)
Dungeon #4: Heart of Pandora (estimated time: ????)

Estimated time sometimes includes the boss fights, but sometimes it's grossly under/overestimated. So yeah, you can see the kind of pickle that I'm in right now, yes? ^^; I have already cut out 2 dungeons in beta5 (Ruins of Vina and its Dimensional Rift) due to how big they'd be (another 2 hour dungeon is not what this game needs). It'll be relegated to sidequest content only I feel. I ALMOST feel like cutting out the dungeons you can go in any order in beta6 (those are all dungeons where you have to go to to get party members back. Think of FFVI's World of Ruin, except at the end you have to fight each party member).

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #652 on: June 01, 2016, 09:04:37 PM »
Recent update to the game can be gotten here, for those who are interested: http://www.mediafire.com/download/66m3l4360klrb4t/Touhou_Fantasy.rar

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #653 on: June 05, 2016, 12:39:07 AM »
This has nothing to do with Touhou Fantasy per say, but I have no other place to put this.

So, since recently I've been getting into the Neptunia series, no thanks to a buddy of mine, I've realized that I really want to make a "fun" game; one that's not super serious like Touhou Fantasy (and as I thought about it, a lot of games that I've played or seen), and just tries to have fun. There'd still be serious stuff in it, of course, but overall I'd love to just DO something like that, akin to said series. I've been thinking on ideas lately (since that's really all I can do, carpal tunnel be making it impossible for me to do a lot of things right now), and the Touhou Fantasy crew (Hope, Fate, Death, Chaos, Order, Pestilence, and Gloom) would make for a fine cast of main characters, with Shyam (a Fire Emblem OC originally who never made it into a couple games that were both discontinued) acting as an 8th main character. I already have a full-on female cast there, so that's the easy part.

The problem though is that:

A) I've no idea what to do with a story involving that right now, nor what kind of mishaps/shenanigans the crew would even get into (keep in mind, the Fragments themselves are all from their own universe, they're not apart of the Touhou one, and Shyam is kinda in that same boat herself). I'd rather not make it TOO much like Neptunia, and I ALSO don't want it to wind up like a Kingdom Hearts type game (it could VERY easily wind up as that since these 7 are known to have been to other worlds/dimensions).
B) While I THINK I'm semi-decent with character dialogue and the like, I am in no way good with comedy/humor. In fact, that's one of the things I'm REALLY bad at, and seeing as that's something I'd like to have in a game like that, it kinda makes that really hard to do anything with heh. Especially when it comes to the goofball that is Fate (whom I linked to Neptunia. They're kinda similar in personalities actually, much like Hope is with Nepgear).
C) I'd LIKE to not reuse assets or sprites or things like that from other games like I did with TF (outside of the fragments sprites), but making it a 100% original game would be very daunting and out of my abilities (I'm in no means good at spriting, and I have zero patience with art)

So yeah...there's all that that's keeping that from happening (alongside carpal tunnel right now and TF being a big one, amongst other things). I also don't know if I'd WANT to reuse the TF girls too, but they'd fit in the best I feel, and anyone that knows TF would actually know them fairly decently I think. Plus, I feel that a game just for them that's original to them would do them well. Any thoughts, opinions, etc. on this idea? I'd really love to hear back from you guys on it. ^^

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #654 on: June 09, 2016, 08:47:22 AM »
More on TF news! Spoilers for those who don't want to see the character lists.

https://i.gyazo.com/d90965d160c462845c81ee703ca4e5d4.png

Welp, now I know what to try to balance Frozen Fields around kinda. Might make it revolve around level 25-30 party. What do you guys think? The hardest part of balancing dungeons and whatnot is taking these things into consideration, since I'm basing it on my levels and party, and not everyone is going to be like this. These are the BASE speed values of the characters without any equipment, there's a lot of things that can increase speed (Rabite's Foot is an accessory that gives +50 Speed, Gale Ring gives +60 Speed, and those are the ones that gives the most speed that everyone can use. Rabite's Foot can be bought easily now too for 8000 yen. Most other pieces give maybe +5-10 speed, if that).

On another note, I found out that my HP+%/MP+% accessories are very buggy. When equipped and unequipped normally, they're fine, but if a character levels up with one equipped (similarly, if they level down with it equipped), the HP/MP values are skewed and will never fix themselves even if the accessory is unequipped and reequipped. It requires getting the character back to the level they were at when they first equipped that accessory and then leveling up normally to fix the values, which obviously is not a thing that can be done in TF. So I may have to either get rid of them, or make it so that the accessories increase the stats by a raw value. Not sure what the values should BE but...ya know. On top of that, I'm trying to figure out what the hell I was doing with Frozen Field's gimmicks. Well, I KNOW what I was trying to do, but I forget exactly HOW I went about doing it.

https://i.gyazo.com/4c1e54392475a4141ff61ea59192b6fd.png
https://i.gyazo.com/18cbcf6ddfe26a5fef178fe60b050f3b.png
https://i.gyazo.com/4d109887586fbd32f069d919347a7714.png

The long leg of blue blocks are the sliding ice. The ice blocks strewn about are what you have to melt. Simple enough, yes? I just feel like something better can be done here though maybe. These are the only 3 screens that you have to really worry about (there's 3 others, but they're more pitstops than anything else), and there ARE random encounters here with a bit of a gimmick (Fire and Ice enemies, takes reduced/no damage from elements that aren't their weakness, several of them are resistant/immune to physicals). Short dungeon, like most of beta5's dungeons honestly, so I'm hoping it's not TOO bad to deal with...

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #655 on: June 24, 2016, 08:54:49 AM »
I am currently working on redoing the prices of skill scrolls, because I feel they're not very well done. Especially as the game progresses, though figuring out a good price for them is the hard part. I have to take the power of the skill (or effects in some cases), any special abilities it may have, who uses it, etc. into consideration for the prices, and then from there have to gauge how much the next level will cost and so on and so forth. Not easy at all! If anyone wants to try to help with it, that'd be great. I also have new weapons to do Weapon Bless coding for (oh boy...), and will probably be doing something about the Weapon Bless system (that nobody probably uses...).

As for the game itself, it is currently about 50-70% done with beta5. Frozen Fields is done, and what's next is to cut out Ruins of Vina and replace it with a cutscene involving three characters and their interactions, and then a flashback afterwards about what happened at the Ruins and then go from there with the game normally. Still don't have Reimaden or Hokkai fully mapped either, so that's a problem. I still need to fix up the HP/MP+% accessories because they're broken and break characters...

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #656 on: July 08, 2016, 11:49:06 PM »

I apparently like to make things depressing in this game! Why yes, that is Zodiark. Why yes, that is what happens when Final Eclipse is used. Why yes...HP is not at 0 because I wouldn't be able to trigger this cutscene. Why yes...you CAN see Zodiark's HP/ATB bar still! Why yes!!! HOPE STILL IS USING REIMU'S SPRITES! Why yes...I only have one more ability to do for him before I can really test him out in-game.

Why yes...someday this game will get finished! Maybe. I hope...

On that note, for those interested, I am nearly done with beta5! I need to set up some abilities (Tonberry's Voodoo, Zodiark's Darkening Cloud, and Death's special Doom ability) and then I can test out Fallen Cave and Fallen Shrine. After that, all that's left for beta5 is the Dimensional Rift for Fallen Shrine, followed by Reimaden (need mapped still), True Pandaemonium, Silent Shrine, Palanquin Ship, and finally Hokkai (also needs mapped). Then, all that remains are the following:

Beta6: Hakurei Shrine Forest, Pandaemonium-R, Lunarian Capital, Lunarian Palace, Dimensional Rift, Sea of Clouds, and Bhava-Agra. 11 dungeons were cut out entirely from this beta.
Beta7: End of Gensokyo, Gaplands (trials might be axed out except for Reimu's), The Void, and Heart of Pandora.

The big problem though is that at this point in the story, I don't really HAVE the story mapped out really well at all for several of the dungeons, in addition to none of the dungeons being mapped. Well, I have SOME of the story planned out and whatnot, but not full story nor dialogue so that's gonna be a thing.

Getting close to being done, but still so far away! Once beta5 is done though, that's roughly 71-80% of the main story done. Sidequest stuff is still going to wait until main storyline is done. Anyone willing to do any mapping, spriting, or brainstorming, do let me know~ That'd help me out a lot (especially with mapping. Lord knows that takes me forever to get through, and being able to bust through that will make the development go by so much faster!).

Once this game is done, still thinking of that Neptunia-esque game with the fragments too. I actually have ideas and stuff planned out for that, but not the story and whatnot as usual. >_>

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #657 on: July 12, 2016, 02:11:37 AM »

It begins! This is the first frame of the idle sprite, done by the wonderfully talented Graphicus! First try in this style, and I have to say...it looks VERY much Hisoutensoku style! Here's to more of his great work for Hope! ^^

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #658 on: July 13, 2016, 10:21:52 PM »
Thinking on this, but what do people think of stat boosting equipment? Do you think it should be fixed % (HP +10%, HP +20%, etc.), or fixed values (HP +200, HP +400, etc.)? Which do you guys normally prefer? Since I'll be fixing up the coding for stat-boosting equipment, thought I'd get the opinion on this now. There are weapons that increase specific stats by a fixed % while still increasing that stat (for instance, Marisa's got a weapon that increases her Magic, but also increases it more by +5%), and then there's some gimmicky weapons like all of Aya's special craftable weapons which give +% Speed to the party at the cost of reducing Aya's speed by the same %).

On that note, currently nearing being done with Fallen Shrine. Two more bosses to fix up, and then testing will commence with that area. After that is the rift which shouldn't be any problem to do, and then it's time to go back to mapping since Reimaden is next! Still need ideas for Reimaden in terms of mapping and gimmicks, if anyone has any~

« Reply #659 on: July 14, 2016, 11:50:08 AM »
Percentage boost equipment stays somewhat relevant throughout the game (as such can be given early on in the game).
Fixed value equipment will need upgrades constantly to remain worth using. Easier to balance perhaps, just make them available when you think such a boost won't break the balance of the game. Another benefit of the fixed value boosts is to give a big chunk of a stat to a character that is normally really low on that one (speed boosts for slow characters), since percentage boosts wouldn't help them that much.
I would probably go for fixed boosts for major part of the game and give percentage boosts nearer the end.