Author Topic: Touhou Fantasy [New Topic]  (Read 225990 times)

Re: Touhou Fantasy [New Topic]
« Reply #690 on: October 19, 2016, 11:00:53 AM »
Alright, now in the underground caves of the Human Village's school. (The founders of the school sure chose a great location.)
The background of the battles is a bit cut off.
http://i.imgur.com/7tBo4ZS.png

Xenomic

• T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #691 on: October 19, 2016, 08:51:21 PM »
Yeah, there's a couple backgrounds like that, mostly because they don't stretch far enough (and I never got any other background to replace those types)

« Reply #692 on: October 20, 2016, 09:05:21 AM »
Oh god, the part beginning from Keine's secret school dungeon to Mountain of Faith is sooooo long....  >.<
I couldn't buy better abilities for Reimu and Meiling even though they're my main healers....

I'm seriously lost in the part where you play as Sanae and co. I'm supposed to go to some Toad's lake/pond but I'm lost and stuck near a recovery spring.
(And my-my, with Kanako's power she could easily beat the final boss into the ground with a bit of Kyouko's help.)

Since Kanako's OP and the recovery pond is right there, I guess I'm gonna grind a bit for lots of money. I'll make those kedama stacks extinct.  :]

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #693 on: October 20, 2016, 09:10:55 AM »
Yeah, it gets pretty rough if you don't buy the skills for people at all. Even worse if you don't keep multiple saves, which the game ENCOURAGES you to do just in case you need to go back a save or two. ^^;

Well, you're in the right area at least. You have to head to the southwest of that map to reach the next area. Basically, follow the river is what you're supposed to do.

RIP Kyouko being teased as playable but never is. : <

« Reply #694 on: October 20, 2016, 11:11:58 AM »
I've played an earlier version of the game once with the intro in which you fight some "dogs" with Nazrin, Kyouko and Shou.

Too bad it's gone since a demonstration for a game like this would've been awesome.  :3
Sucks that RPG Maker games usually only have 15 save slots... I think it's possible to implement more.

Well, first thing I did when I got the HRCS item was unequipping her broom and selling it. (cuz Marisa couldn't equip it and stuff.)
I just went back to the pre-Keine part. Luckily, Shadow Gems sell for 500 each, so the Forest of Magic is turning into a Forest of Yen Farming.  ^_^

So, do all skills use Magic? Getting equipment for it doesn't make the biggest difference which I guess resulted in the skill levels.

Your Everyday NEET

• Part time Researcher & Let's Player, full time NEET, also an eel
« Reply #695 on: October 20, 2016, 01:13:22 PM »
Very late in Youkai Mountain arc, Suwako get overcharged as well, leaving Sanae as a dead weight.
Spoiler:
Unfortunately, Kanako is Kanako in this game. Have fun fighting her overcharged self with just Sanae.

Depends on its attribute. Magic skills uses Magic, while physical skill uses Attack. Characters like Patchouli, Cirno, Marisa, and Reimu uses Magic skills while physical oriented character like Meiling, Sakuya uses physical skill. You can still use physical skills even when Silenced. Marisa and Reimu both have one physical skill. Cirno's summons are classified neither as physical nor magic.

Speaking of Shinki, her nuke designed to TPK you if you take too long to fight her. And yet, most of her skillsets are designed to prolong the battle. Well... She is the Goddess of Makai, of course she's going to fight smart.

« Reply #696 on: October 20, 2016, 04:39:50 PM »
Edit: While re-playing the underground part, I've noticed that after you give Tenshi her whopping, she leaves with a sweating animation that for some reason walks with her but several tiles next to her.
That sweating then gets stuck and is still visible if you head up back to the FoM. Also, thanks for the explanation. Though it is confusing what to focus on.
God dammit, sorry for editing this so many times. Need to read what people post more closely...
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 04:47:34 PM by binbinbake »

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #697 on: October 20, 2016, 06:28:43 PM »
1) Yeah, I removed a lot of the intro because it was just way too long I felt.
2) The best way to have more slots is to copy the save files (the SaveXX.lsd ones) to another place so that you have those.
3) It could be sold lol?? How much does it sell for? o_O
4) Some use Magic, others use Physical, and then there's the odd ones that uses some of both. For instance, Cirno's Diamond Blizzard uses Magic, Reimu's Dimensional Rift uses Physical, and Aya's Opening Wind uses BOTH IIRC. The damage for each varies since it doesn't ALWAYS uses the full 100% value of their stats.
5) Huh. Sometimes that happens and I don't know why. >_<

As for Shinki, I have one last thing to do for her boss fight, but need to figure out how to handle it. Then, I can finish testing Reimaden and then test out True Pandaemonium to see how it works. I hope well! Then, only 3 more dungeons left for beta5 before beta6 (which was beta7, since the entirety of beta6 got removed) is done, which is the final 3 dungeons of the game! Oh man!!!

« Reply #698 on: October 20, 2016, 07:34:12 PM »
Ah, finally back to the village. This is where some kind of quest tracker would come in handy since there is a lot to do.

Thing is, both Remi and TH7's first stage are wrecking me really hard so I guess I'll take my time with grinding. I sure thought that spamming Nitori's free healing would've been carrying me through Hagu-something-u.
And wow, you can just buy people. That would leave some space for Kyouko and co.  :P (Where the heck do you get Sanae's level 2 serpent skill though? The level 3 one dropped in a random encounter but I can't find the 2nd one...)

And, turns out I didn't actually sell her broom since I still have it. Guess I must've sold something else accidentally.  x_x
It's un-sellable, btw.

Edit: Also, I think there's a plot hole of sorts. In the Tengu HQ Reimu mentions beating up the fragments and their guardians. But doesn't that mean that we need to beat up Hope and her guardian too?  :O
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 07:37:03 PM by binbinbake »

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #699 on: October 20, 2016, 07:45:27 PM »
Yeah, if only there was a nice way of doing that.

Remilia is a completely optional boss fight at this point now. There's also 2 other optional bosses you could fight too (one of which is in Youkai Mountain, the other you could fight at the very start of the game). Are you using Barettes for Winter Forest? Because if you aren't, you should be!

Huh? Did I not update the skill shop for Sanae? I know I did for Suwako...

Hmm? Oh, that. That's explained later on actually.

« Reply #700 on: October 20, 2016, 10:24:27 PM »
Was there a skill shop for the extra characters?
Well, besides Nitori's special crafting place I can't think of any other places that could provide higher skills.
The skill books in the shop of the Human Village are already full and those 3 lonely books to the left don't do anything.
(And I managed to beat Yuuka by using your strategy involving a Meiling-Meatshield. Sheesh. She, Kyouko and the two overpowered gods could make a team strong enough to beat Yukari and Rinnosuke to the sun and back in 5 minutes...)

Also, I remembered Aya's Intel command not working properly on those orange frog monsters on Youkai mountain. Their information displays stuff about crows.

Oh, and for the quest tracker, maybe have an Akyu clone sit around in the HRCS room. She can tell you what you have to do and where. And I think using some basic switches via RPG Maker would suffice?
It's tedious but probably makes things much easier. She could also take over the character reports that give information about everyone and their (passive) abilities.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 10:29:09 PM by binbinbake »

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #701 on: October 20, 2016, 10:48:42 PM »
On Youkai Mountain, there was. That's where all the Level 4 skills for most of the characters are.

I'll have to look at that. I may have not fixed that.

« Reply #702 on: October 21, 2016, 09:16:19 AM »
Update on the toad Intel bug. It displays the right Intel if you use it when there's not a crow in the enemy party.
This excludes crows that escaped. I actually think that's what causes the bug, which is why toads on the bottom of the mountain have the right information and those on the top with crows don't.

And arghhhh. I swear there weren't any skill books when I went into the item shop of the Tengu village.

"Speed Crystal: Unusable by the slow" u wot m8 *equips hunter's knife for Yuuka so she gains 50 speed*    Pffft, how convenient that she doesn't start with a weapon...

BTW, the save circle in the Tengu HQ doesn't do anything, if that's not intentional.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #703 on: October 21, 2016, 09:18:43 AM »
Yeah, I already got that one fixed. I don't know how that slipped past but...it happens. That particular toad was sharing the same variable that the Crow uses for its Intel, hence why it was showing the Crow's and not its own (it WAS showing its right HP/MP values though).

Oh, that's purely intentional. You'll find out why later~

« Reply #704 on: October 21, 2016, 09:31:07 AM »
I noticed how great I am at not finding the right things... >.>
Apparently, there's a teleporter to the village or something, but I can't find it...

Also, for anyone interested, if you want to farm money, go to the Forest of Magic. The enemies drop comparatively low amounts of money but the forest specters can drop shadow gems that sell for 500 Yen each. Wew.
Stay near the exit to Marisa's and Alice's house to have convenient access to the recovery pond. The enemies on the easy path can all be killed easily with Sakuya's or Meiling's multi-target skills.
If you want to farm EXP, go to Youkai Mountain and stay near the save circle at the Tengu Village. No nearby recovery pond here, you'll have to use the inn in the HQ for 500 Yen.
Take care of Kedama stacks. You can get rid of them fairly easily by blasting them with Yuuka's Master Spark.

Make sure to give someone a weapon with "First Strike" or a Tengu Feather so that they can clear out small fry before they get to attack.

And jeez, back to grinding... those skills sure are expensive...

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #705 on: October 21, 2016, 09:35:27 AM »
If you bring Reisen to you near save points or the entrance of dungeons, sometimes there's a teleporter hidden (it requires Reisen in order to see them). Some dungeons have them, but not all. USUALLY the ones where you cannot just skip to areas.

Of note, it's best to keep everyone evenly leveled. If you're going for ALL of those skills, I'd recommend getting everyone up to level 20 minimum. That's so you don't OVERlevel, as some people have done (it's very easy to actually overlevel, truth be told). That's because the EXP system for RPG Maker 2k3 is absolute garbage and I hate it, and need to think of another way of handling EXP altogether.

« Reply #706 on: October 21, 2016, 10:02:41 AM »
This game is hard, so I'll take the liberty to grind. Not sure if you're ever able to over-level. I'm glad to just get one level up. :P

...aaaand another instance where a detailed list of character's abilities and passive perks would be handy.
I was gonna let Reisen gather dust in the HCRS room...

Also, when you enter the cave where you fight the 1st guardian and exit, the background music doesn't restart.

Edit: Actually, I've found a much better spot to grind both EXP and money. The part where I got lost near the toad's pond, you can just run around the recovery pond.
The enemies there are tougher and faster, so I guess it depends if you want to wager risk and reward...
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 10:08:26 AM by binbinbake »

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #707 on: October 21, 2016, 11:30:20 AM »
There's much better way to grind EXP and yen aside from Youkai Mountain. The first place is the beginning of Hakugyokurou, the first few enemies there are easy, produce good EXP (around 1500 EXP), and the recovery pond is near. The second place is the entirety of Muenzuka, the enemies there produces the HIGHEST EXP and Yen for the entirety of the game currently, even later enemies don't produce that much EXP and yen. Granted,
Spoiler:
you're fighting minibosses there

Reisen is just not pretty good since her skills costs way too much MP, and her damage is just isn't good enough to justify the cost. I never use Reisen after chapter 2.

I recommend you grinds levels for Remilia, Sanae, Marisa, Momiji, and Yuka (but not too much since her Master Spark's cost is 20% of her MP) since
Spoiler:
they all have fixed party dungeon halfway through the game and Remi's dungeon is just miserable.

« Reply #708 on: October 25, 2016, 10:20:48 AM »
Well, I don't have access to those areas yet...
But it's nice to know that you can farm conveniently later on.

Also, I've tried out Momiji. You can buy many skills for her with different elements but she's also kind of lacking in terms of HP and MP. Is that only an early problem with her?
'Cause you'd kind of figure that a white wolf tengu would be significantly tougher than Patchy... (the HP difference isn't very high, even if Patchy is a few levels higher...)

Guess I'll continue grinding near the toad's lake. Those Mantis enemies are really threatening, though...
They're weak to earth, so that makes up for it.
(Also, some of Ellen's text is cut off when you ask her about things like elements...)

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #709 on: October 27, 2016, 09:29:48 AM »
Again, I'll be adjusting EXP values and whatnot later on. Enemies at Hakugyokurou probably won't give out NEARLY as much EXP as they do right now, but we'll see what happens when I get to it. I'm not too worried about it right now. But it is something to consider later on once the game is finished up.

The thing about Momiji is she has better physical resistances due to her specific shields than anyone else, IIRC. She almost always will take 50% damage from physicals, and with her Provoke/Sentinel, that makes her a prime tank against those types. Even moreso once I get Protect status updated to actually halve damage from physical attacks. Her MP pool isn't that great though, aye.

HP: Average
MP: Low
Attack: Average
Defense: Above average
Magic: Average
Speed: Above average

STARTING      ENDING
LV: 12         99
HP: 527         7060
MP: 65         434
ATK: 72         675
DEF: 60         600
MAG: 43         345
SPD: 66         492
Critical Hit %: 10%

That's Momiji's stats from the ReadMe. Her HP is a bit lower than Reimu's, but she's got higher ATK, DEF, and SPD than Reimu. Her MAG and MP are significantly lower though (for the record, Level 99 Reimu has 710 MP). I think Momiji's weakest point, outside of low MP, is that she has no good AoEs until she gets Shin Zantetsu, and that attack is inaccurate too. She's good for if you want to gun down one target with elemental attacks, sure, but for attacking multiple things, she's not the character to turn to.

And yeah, Giant Mantis are really, really dangerous because of how powerful their Wind Sickle is. That's because Wind Sickle uses ATK for its damage, and those enemies have really high ATK by default.

Yeah, if I ever get the Perfect Memento done, then most of that will be in there. Speaking of which, is anyone interested in helping on that front? I need someone who'd be able to work with that. >_<

On that note, the entirety of beta6 got canned. Don't worry, you're actually not missing much. There was a lot of filler content that didn't need to be there, and what story stuff there was got moved to a dungeon that's like...2 dungeons ahead. The other story related thing is being turned into a sidequest for later on whenever I get to it. So instead of having 11 more dungeons to go, I have like....4-5 dungeons left for the main game. Almost there guys! In fact, True Pandaemonium is practically done already, and Palanquin Ship only has dialogue to do (because I don't know what other gimmick to do for that dungeon...I'm bad at puzzles!) Well, whenever I get done with Silent Shrine:

Some of you may remember this from AGES ago. I still have never finished this puzzle. Anyone want to take a crack at it? There's a switch that needs to be pressed in order to lower the spikes blocking the way forward, and it's in the right room. However, it's surrounded by a ring of the three colored blocks, so in order to get to it, you need to make it so that all of the blocks are off for you to get there. I'm thinking of having hidden passages between the rooms in order to make it more interesting and complex, but I'm not sure how to go about doing the puzzle. I might need to have the rooms a bit bigger too to handle it...

« Reply #710 on: October 27, 2016, 04:01:52 PM »
There's a readme file? Hmm. I managed to not download or unpack it. Well, good to know that Momiji will eat all my B's even at level 99.

Since I tend to just exclude any character that isn't very convenient for me, she will probably end up gathering dust.
Even if Reisen's skills eat up MP too quickly.
(And Sakuya's just way too useful to not have in your party...)

Is ripping off Akyu's work really that hard? Wouldn't a few "Message" events suffice?
I'm not too keen on RPG Maker 2k3 but if it's just Akyu's Perfect Memento, I think I could give it a try...

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #711 on: October 27, 2016, 04:27:51 PM »
If you want to ditch Momiji, don't. She's a  required party member for 2 long dungeons and required for plot important boss fights. This is why my Momiji and Marisa are 10 levels ahead of everyone.

I make a mistake of ditching both Sanae and Nitori, unaware that Sanae has another overpowered trip and Scarlet family and Youkai Mountain crew is required for a certain dungeon.

Yeah, Sakuya is useful, her attacks is fast, deals good damage, and has damn good ACC. Too bad I rarely used her because I thought her Sprint was a glitch. Silly me.

My favorite party is: Momiji, Marisa, Meiling, and Cirno.

« Reply #712 on: October 27, 2016, 05:00:08 PM »
I actually was surprised by her speed walk skill. You'd think of Aya giving you that... :P

Momiji's actually starting to survive the Wind Sickles and is now on level 16...

I prefer Meiling as my tank, even if she has an element. She's a reliable healer and her Chakra isn't that bad if you have her use Provoke.
And she has a multi-target skill.  :D

Also, nevermind about the fake memento... I don't think I should do stuff that spoils plot/characters so I guess that's that.

...maybe I should have Yuuka terrorise the Misty Lake for free P's. IIRC, her ability doubles item drop chance and gives you a small part of EXP and Yen.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #713 on: October 27, 2016, 08:05:55 PM »
It's in the Documents folder.

The thing is, if you go to the debug room, there's an Akyuu in the first room (not lined up, that's the wrong one!) that has the Perfect Memento data. You can also see it in the Pictures folder.

I was going to give it to Aya originally, but Aya was going to get a couple other overworld abilities that never made it in.

Yuuka's ability gives you 10% EXP/Yen at the chance of double the drop rate, so it's nice. If you can get her Threaten to level 2, it'll make the requirement half of her level instead of 1/4. I think you can reach that with Raven Armor right now (also shows it in the Read Me heh).

« Reply #714 on: October 27, 2016, 08:57:41 PM »
You can upgrade passive abilities?
Wow, I'm missing all the small details...

Well, I'm going to refrain from looking at those files due to spoilers and everything.

I wonder if I can upgrade Marisa's Mug/Steal (it changes its name at some point?), she fails at it way too much...

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #715 on: October 27, 2016, 09:00:08 PM »
SECONDARY COMMAND:

Steal: Attempts to steal an item from one enemy.

SECONDARY COMMAND UPGRADES:

*Mug: Changes the Steal command to Mug. Deals damage and then attempts to steal. Only usable while equipped with the Black Cat or Up Sweeper weapons. Works with Bandit and Master Thief.
*Bandit: Doubles Steal% rate. Only usable while equipped with the Burglar Garb or Raven Cape. Works with Mug and Master Thief.
*Master Thief: Upgrades quality of item being stolen by one level. Only usable while equipped with the Mist Robe. Works with Mug and Bandit.

In fact, you can! Also, Bandit and Master Thief CAN be stacked together, as well as Mug. There's actually VERY few overworld passives that can be upgraded (Patchouli's is one that can be), but just about every battle passive can be.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #716 on: November 04, 2016, 09:23:17 PM »
http://www.mediafire.com/file/9355r8j58cvz9pp/Touhou_Fantasy_Update.rar

Quick little update patch to fix Rinnosuke's and Yumemi's coding for if they have weapons on or not. For some reason, Rinnosuke never had coding for if he had the Kusanagi equipped or not, meaning he never got any of his abilities while it was equipped. Yumemi, on the other hand, got all of her abilities set for when she has specific weapons on and depending on her level. So hopefully that'll make her more useful now! Still haven't gotten around to figuring out what's going on with Nitori's Gear Change, and I'll have to set it so that you can't use any of her 0 MP cost abilities outside of battle. Don't want free healing that easily, ya know!

On that note, True Pandaemonium just got done, so for anyone that wants to test that and Reimaden, you can with that update patch. I haven't tested True Pandaemonium yet, so it'll probably be a bit rough. Next up is the Silent Shrine, which I'm going to do a different way with the switch puzzle (easier on myself, but still going to be a thing for the player). It's only 5 rooms big, with 4 side rooms, so the dungeon isn't super long or anything. Shouldn't take too long to actually do the events and monsters and whatnot. Once THAT'S done, that leaves Palanquin Ship next which is all mapped out, dialogue is mostly done, but no events yet. Haven't decided on the dungeon gimmick outside of "find this key to open this door to get this key to open that door". Unzan will probably be involved in that dungeon's gimmick somehow.

Once Palanquin Ship is done, that leaves Hokkai, the final dungeon of beta5, and then the final 4 dungeons of the game (End of Gensokyo, Gaplands, The Void, and Heart of Pandora), meaning the main story is about to be done after 8 years! Get hyped! Of course, that means that once that's done and bugs are resolved and whatnot, that there's still the sidequest stuff that I want to do, if I ever get around to it, and I would like to fix up the crafting system somehow too...>_<

« Reply #717 on: November 04, 2016, 09:32:26 PM »
Oh, please don't tell me that I have to repeat my 24 hours of gameplay...  :ohdear:
I'm almost finished buying everyone skills and training them to level 20.

But I am looking forward to the game's completion.
It's been that long...?  :3

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #718 on: November 04, 2016, 09:37:39 PM »
Why would you have to repeat your 24 hours of gameplay?? Unless you're talking about the sidequests, then maybe. I would like to get some in earlier in the game so that there's ways of getting stuff earlier than you normally could, like crafting materials or equipment or money or whatnot. I might also fix up some early-game enemies/bosses too to make them a bit more interesting, and not sure if I'll update the gameplay at all or not (I might just outright get rid of Patchouli's Weapon Bless and give her something else).

And yeah, it's been that long. A very VERY long time...worst part is, these final 5 dungeons of the game are all unmapped and no dialogue, so it's gonna take me forever to get through them all...

« Reply #719 on: November 05, 2016, 05:26:25 PM »
The update package is full of map files so I'm worried that my save file isn't compatible with them.

The game gets really confusing after the Youkai Mountain since there are a few bosses you can fight next to the main story line.
Side quests are usually interesting, so I would love to have something else to do besides grinding for the next area.  :3

Could you add some kind of quest tracker/NPC that tells you of all the things you are supposed to do?