Author Topic: Japanese shareware/shovelware disks  (Read 1732 times)

redlakitu

Japanese shareware/shovelware disks
« on: March 25, 2013, 07:36:34 AM »
This is pretty much a  "please help me" thread. Shovelware CDs are something I enjoy browsing through from time to time.  What can I say, going through the mass of badly written (or sometimes not) games or redundant applications is simply fun, plus there's always a chance to find some obscure mod for my favourite old games. Lately I've been wondering whether Japan had ever experienced the shovelware phenomenon or not. Because of the language barrier, I've been unable to find anything myself, so does anyone know of a website where you can browse through or download, or at least get a list of Japanese shareware/shovelware disks? The archive.org collection has several Japanese items, but those are mostly magazine coverdisks, which are not exactly what I'm looking for.

I hope this thread does not conflict in any way with the MotK policies regarding links to software. The kind of CDs I'm looking for is usually filled with works released for free or on a shareware licence, though, so I hope it's fine.