Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Thread 20: Shut up and take my Graze!  (Read 211389 times)

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
Re: Touhou Accomplishments Thread 20: Shut up and take my Graze!
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2013, 02:59:21 AM »
Just posting to receive notifications about this topic, the only new accomplishment that I have for now is that I unlocked the 12th stage from DS :P

(.-.)

That's okay, I believe you. You've done a great thing.
Lol
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2013, 07:36:14 AM »
Cleared IN Extra!!

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/14636011/2013-03-20_00001.jpg

Died twice on the stage portion as well as a lot of times on Mokou.
A shottype with exclusively cons and no pros.  My gods, i knew boobs make you weak.

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2013, 10:49:01 AM »
What. Sakuya is nice, her slow item-falling speed makes some stuff simpler and gives you more time to dodge in the stage portion. You'll just have to get used to her, obviously the playstyle on a weak-ish human solo is different from a strong-damage team.

« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2013, 11:17:20 AM »
No, it's not going to happen. I've spent more than enough time with this shot. I don't want to waste time on weak shots when there are powerful ones present. I just wanted to test her to see if she's really as bad as I thought and I confirmed my preconceptions. Her item-falling speed doesn't change my mind. I don't know how that would ever be benefitial to me over other types.

EDIT: Tried Reimu-solo
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/14636011/2013-03-20_00002.jpg

A little better but she still feels FAR too weak. And for some reason I had trouble dodging simple non-spells on Mokou. Should just stick to Border Team and try to do better with them.
I'm playing in a public space now with a lot of outside disturbances so that might have something to do with it but it's still a really bad performance.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 11:53:21 AM by Zengeku »

« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2013, 01:52:05 PM »
cleared MB extra with ReimuA (again no replay/recording), which was surprisingly easy because you get so many lives. Otohime's last regular spell in particular is silly because if you lose a life, you can just supergraze it back immediately.
it wasn't a very good run at all, I only captured Otohime's 2nd/4th/6th (and all of Mikoto's) and died on all the rest (plus a few bombs here and there + deaths on nonspells). however, I made it to Otohime without dying for the first time, reaching her 6/1, which isn't bad. I think it was also my tenth or so time getting to her overall. :V
Lunatic 1ccs: MoF (ReimuB)

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2013, 04:19:56 PM »

A little better but she still feels FAR too weak. And for some reason I had trouble dodging simple non-spells on Mokou.

Mokou doesn't have simple non-spellcards, they are pretty tough :O
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

chum

« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2013, 06:47:56 PM »
I cleared UFO Lunatic with MarisaB. I know, It's not much compared to what craziness others are doing here, but It's nice to have finally cleared one of my favourite games with all the shot-types.

I got to LFS 0/0 and that card still scares the crap out of me. So it felt sweet to clear.

Cream Soda

• stage 2 boss
« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2013, 09:01:31 PM »
I finally beat Suwako and Koishi. I... don't know if I will ever beat Nue. >_>

« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2013, 10:21:03 PM »
Mokou doesn't have simple non-spellcards

She does. Numerous.

« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2013, 10:27:01 PM »
Mokou doesn't have simple non-spellcards, they are pretty tough :O
She does. Numerous.

Pretty much every noncard besides the Rings of Death which I only capped once. :V

Nindella

• That cat!
  • Nyaaa...
    • Youtube Page!
« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2013, 01:10:23 AM »
No-Focus, Touhou 11 Subterranean Animism Lunatic with MarisaC, DONE!!!

Well~  I lied when I said MarisaC would take a long time, haha~

BUT MARISAB DEFINITELY WILL!!  I really mean it this time!!  :D

*5/6 shottypes no-focused on SA Lunatic~  Only MarisaB left now (not gunna happen any time soon!! grr)
Youtube Channel!
Please check it out for Touhou commentaries, LPs, piano transcriptions and more!
My Touhou replays!

Drake

« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2013, 01:18:31 AM »
But MarisaB doesn't even change when unfocused and basically always has a relevant shot type. I'll give you two days.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Nindella

• That cat!
  • Nyaaa...
    • Youtube Page!
« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2013, 01:20:05 AM »
But MarisaB doesn't even change when unfocused and basically always has a relevant shot type. I'll give you two days.
oh dear  :blush:
Youtube Channel!
Please check it out for Touhou commentaries, LPs, piano transcriptions and more!
My Touhou replays!

Zil

« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2013, 01:25:49 AM »
Plus the bomb's a big nuke, as opposed MariC's bomb, which does... nothing. You've been kicking the game's ass - it shouldn't take long at all.

And congrats on the PoDD clear chum. I figure I should say it here too.

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2013, 03:38:39 AM »
But MarisaB doesn't even change when unfocused and basically always has a relevant shot type.
MarisaB's fire shot is always relevant?

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2013, 07:10:31 PM »
Man, I am very impressed with how far the community has evolved since my hiatus. In comparison, my paltry lunatic/extra perfects don't seem so great anymore. :P

In any event, here, have a random Nue perfect on my first play of her in ages:

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=27466

Also I ND1B'd Mokou yesterday despite not paying any attention whatsoever, if that counts (got hit on Possessed by Phoenix). Like literally, I was barely aware of what I was doing. Was more depressing than anything though, so I didn't save the replay.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 07:12:29 PM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2013, 08:17:45 PM »
so well. I only have 2 shooter lunatic 1ccs to go. LLS LNB was successful. I actually thought of giving up after the first week, but I continued and gave it 1 credit every 2-3 days, so it took longer than it could have, but ya.

LLS - no bomb lunatic

as with MS, I have the excuse that every first 1cc is shit. :D

« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 08:11:59 PM by cactu »

Getting clipped since Feb. 2012.

Youtube

Tumblr

Yatakarasu

• Always failing, sometimes winning!
  • Fail mode activate!
« Reply #80 on: March 22, 2013, 03:03:43 AM »
I captured Kyouko's Overdrive.

MoF Hard progress: Got to Kanako's Second card before clip death. Should have gotten farther but I lost 2 lives at the end of stage 5 and entered stage 6 with no lives. Ah well.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 03:43:13 AM by Yatakarasu »

Normal Clears: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Hard Clears: PoFV, SA, TD, DDC
Extra Clears: PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Current touhou goal: Improve! ...1cc more Hard Modes

« Reply #81 on: March 22, 2013, 04:44:31 AM »
In my practice of SA Stage 4, I got a perfect run of Satori with ReimuB. Still not very impressive though. I feel more confident at stage 4 for sure. I might tackle SA no bombs someday... Ha yeah right. I hate Orin and Okuu too much for that.

Edit: Also almost got a perfect of ReimuC Satori, but I flubbed her first non-spell. Oh well, it's a perfect in my books, and I'm not bothering to dedicate more runs to it. Onwards to better things!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 05:28:51 AM by Tsym »

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #82 on: March 23, 2013, 09:16:32 PM »
Touhou? What is that?

So I decided to do a few PoDD credits and managed to 1cc lunatic with Chiyuri!

Video is here.

Man, I am very impressed with how far the community has evolved since my hiatus.

Seriously.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 09:18:03 PM by Jaimers »

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #83 on: March 23, 2013, 09:55:14 PM »
I got a whooping 600,000 points out of a Chiyuri R1 versus AnonymousLoli (idr). I think that's an accomplishment.

I seriously hate all of you miracle workers.

« Reply #84 on: March 24, 2013, 12:27:31 AM »
Got a perfect PCB stage 3 hard on my first try on a random practice mode attempt.
Some unreasonable dodges on her first two boss cards, but those aren't too much of a problem in full runs anyway.

EDIT: fucking finally 1cc'd PCB hard! took me way too long, but it sure feels good getting it out of the way. that was one of the few goals that kept me playing the last few weeks.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 03:00:07 AM by Limian »
Lunatic 1ccs: MoF (ReimuB)

Cream Soda

• stage 2 boss
« Reply #85 on: March 24, 2013, 12:58:34 AM »
I cleared UFO's extra stage. :D This is probably easy for a lot of players but for me this is a big thing.

Oh

« Reply #86 on: March 24, 2013, 01:42:49 AM »
PCB L No Bomb No Focus 1cc
I had to redo this because in my previous run I bombed once accidentally.
This run is also way better than my last run.
There are 6 misses, almost all of them silly. Of course, the border system is pretty convenient.

Zil

« Reply #87 on: March 24, 2013, 02:28:07 AM »
Inspired by Jaimers and chum's awesome PoDD runs, I became hell bent on improving my own Rikako score. I'd call this a success.

Now only Yumemi lingers in the 70's. For now...

edit: video
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 02:03:22 PM by Zil »

Oh

« Reply #88 on: March 24, 2013, 03:21:41 AM »
I am learning SA! Who would have thought!
First, I perfect stages 3 and 4 after looking at some replays.
Then, I perfected Orin!
Finally, I had two 1MNB stage 6s.
Stage 1 still troubles me though.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #89 on: March 24, 2013, 05:45:41 AM »
Progress on the MoF lunatic no bombs front.
Made it to Sanae's 3rd card.  1 death Stage 3, mistimed Momiji kill resulting in waterfall death, 3 death Aya (2nd nonspell clip, 2nd spell misread and nasty nasty PWG), 2 deaths pre-midboss Sanae (angry about that), laser clip on Sanae's 1st card, parental distraction on Sanae's 3rd meaning Game Over.

I need to practice my Stage 5 some more so that these stupid stupid stupid mistakes don't happen and I should be able to do this easily.
edit: welp.  It was just a choke then, 1DNB Stage 5 first try, death to Moses Miracle.  It was a legitimate death too, but I can't really complain about that.

edit #2: Perfect lunatic Sakuya!  Barely got the first nonspell, 1st spell threw a nasty wave, 2nd nonspell was some of the best dodges I've ever done, 2nd spell had some tight dodges, 3rd nonspell played surprisingly mean, Killing Doll was nearly timed out but I captured it from max rank anyway.  Oh and the run had an Illusional Misdirection capture where I followed Sakuya around the screen lol.