Author Topic: Translation for the LLS/MS game over screens (needs help)  (Read 5355 times)

Alice Fact

• Kingdom Hearts
  • let's play shintopuncher
Translation for the LLS/MS game over screens (needs help)
« on: August 04, 2009, 01:44:44 PM »

Ye scroll of deeds is covered in moon letters! TranceHime scraped up something quick. Going in order:

Assessment of Ability
Difficulty
Final score
Times you died
Times you bombed
Game Achievement Rating            | game completion %, probably
Exorcism rate                      | enemy kill % (of all enemies seen), of course
Item Collection rate               | point item collection (of all point items revealed)
Highest Point item Collection rate | same as above, but considers highest point items collected (score numbers in yellow)
Focus
Rate of dropped processing (?)     | slowdown

<lgb> that would be slowdown
<TranceHime> Yeah, I was thinking that was slowdown

Your ability                       | could be points earned of points possible, notice the "point" kanji

<lgb> and I guess that would be the amount of points possible for how long you get
<lgb> *got

You finished                       | not sure, I think that would mean you didn't continue
Goal: Bomb more, and you'll live.  | I reckon this changes depending on how you play, like a tip; I don't think LLS has these

<lgb> what would "you finished" mean? no continues?
<TranceHime> It means you cleared it. Pretty sure there's a different message if you had no continues
<lgb> but I didn't clear it, obviously
<lgb> I just picked Yuka, set the difficulty to Lunatic, and let the bullets have at me
<lgb> and I didn't continue
<TranceHime> Or maybe it just means you're done.
<lgb> maybe. seems kinda silly just to say "hey that's the end of the day" without any real reason, but oke
Other than the obvious difficulty setting, score, and slowdown do you not have to submit this information whenever you post a score (actually that would be Djinova's prerogative). I asked TranceHime and provided this so that not only I, but others could at least try to figure out what all this meant.

As such, any corrections would be appreciated.

edit: The clear screen says "legendary man" instead of "you finished". The goal is different of course.
Regarding score threads: For the time being, I'm not going to be online much; I would suggest that you simply do as you normally do, because I will come back and I will want those threads when I do.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
Re: Translation for the LLS/MS game over screens (needs help)
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 01:50:47 PM »
Just offering some insights of my own, having played PC-98 games:

The message and goal is heavily geared towards certain statistics from the ending screen.

Ex:

In the picture lgb posted, there's a death count of 3 and a bomb usage of 0. The goal states that you should pretty much bomb moar. In the MS pic lgb provided me, the statistics were very good, a 1cc with only 1 bomb usage, and a decent kill rate and an insanely high point collect rate, so it's only natural it'd say something like "Legendary Man" for the little blurb

However, as lgb said, I just did this in a few minutes so feel free to rip and tear and do any corrections if I'm wrong

Also, the 終ってます thing at the end of that LUNATIC ending screen feels more like a "It's over" than a "You finished." in retrospect.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Alice Fact

• Kingdom Hearts
  • let's play shintopuncher
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 01:53:22 PM »
that would be Heartbeam, he is legendary man material compared to some
Regarding score threads: For the time being, I'm not going to be online much; I would suggest that you simply do as you normally do, because I will come back and I will want those threads when I do.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 11:25:30 PM »
Adding to say that whatever I worked out last night (and forgot to notify you of, mind you) would make it similar to what TranceHime has said.

Quote from: BaitySM's notepad of notes
difficulty
score
misses (or deaths)
bombs used
% of game completed
-
-
% of ("Point" exclusive?) Items collected at (or above) "PoC"
-
slowdown %age
-

Note that this was not by translating, but by running through the game multiple times, using bombs at certain areas and such. In other words, I ran tests to confirm these fields.

Also, the screen looks different from when you clear (MS). Like these:

« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 11:39:08 PM by BaitySM »
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 05:39:54 AM »

Also, the screen looks different from when you clear (MS). Like these:

魔人 - Demon
究極の名人 - Ultimate Master

For both, the goal is to say "Reduce the number of deaths!"

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 05:48:11 AM »
From this, this means that my slowdown for LLS and MS lunatic is 10-15% D:
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

meronpan

• だるい
    • WAWAWA忘れ物
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 06:27:40 PM »
Looks pretty good to me.  Seeing as how I'm obsessed with Japanese, thought I'd provide readings and romaji to make it easier to search/look up words.  Things are in the same order as the screenshot.

腕前判定 - udemae hantei (lit. ability judgement/verdict)

難易度 - nan'ido
最終得点 - saishuu tokuten
ミス回数 - misu kaisuu
ボム使用回数 - bomu shiyou kaisuu
ゲーム達成率 - ge-mu tassei ritsu (lit. game achievement percentage)
悪霊根治率 - akuryou konji ritsu Edit: whoops, reading failure ^^; TranceHime correctly lists it below - 悪霊退治率 - akuryou taiji ritsu
アイテム回収率 - aitemu kaishuu ritsu
得点アイテム最高店率 - tokuten aitemu saikouten ritsu (lit. score item highest point percentage)
気合い - kiai
処理落ち率 - shori ochiritsu
あなたの腕前 - anata no udemae

終わってます - owattemasu (contracted from the proper 終わっています (owatteimasu))
目標: ボムを使って生きよう - mokuhyou: bomu wo tsukatte ikiyou

As a side note, I've been studying Japanese on and off for... wow, over 10 years now.  Happy to help with translations, though if it's a serious thing with a deadline I might not be able to free up time for such a commitment.  Smaller stuff or things without hard schedules shouldn't be a problem.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 09:03:45 AM by meronpan »

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2009, 08:58:42 AM »
If I would like to mention something,

is 悪霊根治率 mentioned anywhere? If so, that is correct.

However, the picture states 悪霊退治, Akuryoutaiji.