Author Topic: Thoughts on The World Ends With You  (Read 19419 times)

Thoughts on The World Ends With You
« on: August 04, 2009, 11:55:32 AM »
Am I the only one that did not like The World Ends With You on NDS? I actually found the game to be very annoying. The gameplay is interesting but I just couldn't get into it like some people have.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 11:00:45 PM by BoLaD »

Hououin Kyouma

• KEEP YA GUNS ON!
  • ARE YOU READY, GUYS!?
    • When Posters Cry
Re: Am I the only one that.....
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 12:00:06 PM »
GTFO I LOVED IT. Guess our style of gaming is different. Like me, I hate Strategy games (but I like the custom maps)
"DUMBASS!" "I'd hit it" "Bear-sona~!" "Critical hits to the nads!" "What you're really asking is... "Will you please beat the **** out of me, Kanji?" "...I Gotta pee." ''Everydays great at your Junes~'' "You calling me a loser?"

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 12:06:21 PM »
but everyone agrees the Umineko VN is nothing to scream about

in b4 moogy
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 12:38:58 PM »
Most likely I do have a different style of gaming than most. Just about everyone I've talked to about this game complimented it's amazing gameplay (which I do admit is unique and interesting) graphics (those were nice too) and story. (Oh god how I do not give a s*** when it comes to a storyline in a video game) I wouldn't hate it so much if the game's controls and characters were just implimented better. Do I really need to listen to an emo guy whine, claim he doesn't need help in a game that requires 2 players, and nearly kill his partner to save his own sorry ass? If you don't know what I'm talking about when I say the controls suck, then lucky you.

Menorah Jams, Pham

• I'm allergic to sushi. Everytime I eat more than 80 sushis, I barf
  • donde esta la biblioteca
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 01:14:40 PM »
The controls for TWEWY were just.  Freaking.  Annoying.  I couldn't get it.  Apparently you need to make the swipes absolutely letter-perfect.  The last time I had to do that was Black & White, and I couldn't get off the first island. 

Plus, I didn't give a shit about Neku and as such I couldn't get into the story. 

wailofthebanshee

• Go away for a bit.
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 03:20:47 PM »
Eh it was okay. In the end I just ended up randomly pressing buttons while giving all my attention to the touch screen. Managed to beat the game that way.

Gpop

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2009, 03:30:31 PM »
Well here's another game I've yet to obtain.

I'll give my thoughts on it later.

An Odd Sea Slug

• Not here, but not really there.
  • Only the best.
    • You can save the world by clicking this link!
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2009, 03:49:43 PM »
did not like The World Ends With You on NDS? I actually found the game to be very annoying. The gameplay is interesting but I just couldn't get into it like some people have.

Yahtzee didn't really like it either, but then again, he hates JRPG's in general (and quite frankly I can't blame him. :/ )

Drake

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2009, 05:26:08 PM »
lol yahtzee

I haven't played it. I would probably like it, but most likely will go on never playing it.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2009, 05:28:00 PM »
I have a too poor attention span to keep tabs on both screens.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2009, 05:38:38 PM »
Am I the only one that.....
Maaaan don't start threads with titles like this, they give no clue as to their contents

It bugs me >:|

Menorah Jams, Pham

• I'm allergic to sushi. Everytime I eat more than 80 sushis, I barf
  • donde esta la biblioteca
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2009, 07:31:55 PM »
I'm glad I have an R4, because if I paid money for that and many of the DS games I've pirated (with the exception of Princess Debut) I would be mucho el pissedo.

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2009, 07:54:26 PM »
Well, I actually LOVE this game. But it's your opinion, so I'*m not gonna bitch around.

The only thing that could top that would be a Level 5/Studio Ghibli cooperation.

(NINOKUNI)

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2009, 10:09:47 PM »
Am I the only one that.....
Maaaan don't start threads with titles like this, they give no clue as to their contents

It bugs me >:|

Yeah, seeing threads with titles like that outside the Classroom bugs me too.

...Also, I'm suddenly reminded that I actually need to get around to playing TWEWY.  I've had it for a while now, but I guess I'm just too zetta slow at getting around to trying it out.
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Re: Thoughts on The World Ends With You
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2009, 11:06:55 PM »
I hated TWEWY's plot and characters, they are terrible and should die in the nearest available fire.

The game was really damned fun to play though, so.

Mima

• Permabanned
  • By Benny1
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2009, 01:09:26 AM »
It's Kingdom Hearts chains of memories or whatever, except instead of attacking with cards you attack with NINTENDO DS GIMMICKS

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2009, 07:07:51 PM »
I hated TWEWY's plot and characters, they are terrible and should die in the nearest available fire.
I hated TWEWY's plot and characters
(Fan mode on)
Jump with them into the fire.
(Fan mode off)

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2009, 03:12:08 AM »
I hope the inevitble sequal has a better story/characters
Wotters gonna' wot

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2009, 09:13:21 AM »
Am I the only one here loving TWEWY's plot and characters? -.-

Hououin Kyouma

• KEEP YA GUNS ON!
  • ARE YOU READY, GUYS!?
    • When Posters Cry
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2009, 09:16:58 AM »
I liked the story but I hated all the characters expect for Sho Minamimoto "So zetta slow"
"DUMBASS!" "I'd hit it" "Bear-sona~!" "Critical hits to the nads!" "What you're really asking is... "Will you please beat the **** out of me, Kanji?" "...I Gotta pee." ''Everydays great at your Junes~'' "You calling me a loser?"

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2009, 11:25:19 AM »
I liked the story but I hated all the characters expect for Sho Minamimoto "So zetta slow"

Sho makes jizz my pantaloons.

Wotters gonna' wot

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2009, 11:27:43 AM »
I'm convinced that you're deliberately meant to think Neku is a whiny bitch at the start of the game so that you can see him improve. Shiki is sorta whiny, Joshua skipped cool and just went straight to annoying, and Beat has to go down as Too Dumb To Live.

Plus Sanae being a guy's name will never leave me. -_-

That said, I enjoyed the game pretty thoroughly besides those characters, and Another Day one of the funniest post-game bonuses I've ever seen.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2009, 02:29:30 AM »
Apparently what I am going to say is unpopular around here, but...

TWEWY IS THE BEST FREAKIN' GAME ON THE DS, and I cannot recommend it highly enough to anyone who likes RPGs.  Many will disagree, but this is my stand.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2009, 07:29:47 AM »

TWEWY IS THE BEST FREAKIN' GAME ON THE DS, and I cannot recommend it highly enough to anyone who likes RPGs.  Many will disagree, but this is my stand.

Well, I can't disagree with you at all.

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2009, 08:31:24 AM »

The biggest reason for hating TWEWY is probably because I am a natural hater of RPGs. TWENY was actually me trying to give RPGs on the NDS a chance and I picked it up from recommendations of other people. Big mistake there.

Hououin Kyouma

• KEEP YA GUNS ON!
  • ARE YOU READY, GUYS!?
    • When Posters Cry
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2009, 08:43:58 AM »

The biggest reason for hating TWEWY is probably because I am a natural hater of RPGs. TWENY was actually me trying to give RPGs on the NDS a chance and I picked it up from recommendations of other people. Big mistake there.
If you hate one RPG, you will hate all other RPGs

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2009, 08:49:34 AM »

If you hate one RPG, you will hate all other RPGs

Definetly learned my lesson. Hell, I didn't even like golden sun. T_T

Mima

• Permabanned
  • By Benny1
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2009, 11:56:30 AM »
You may also dislike TWEWY if you like game's having good, non-conflicting controls or having music that lasts longer than a few seconds before looping or characters you can give a damn about.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2009, 12:32:40 AM »
You may also dislike TWEWY if you like game's having good, non-conflicting controls or having music that lasts longer than a few seconds before looping or characters you can give a damn about.
Hey, I liked 'em.  Some more than others.  Sho Minamimoto may just be the best villain evar.

And I never felt the controls were unwieldy.  Difficult to master, maybe, but certainly not impossible.  The two-screen mechanic works; you just have to get used to it.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2009, 01:03:36 AM »
This game is the second most complicated DS game I have ever played. The story and writing was good in my opinion. It has to many great quotes for me to remember. I regret losing my 100% cleared save because I borrowed an Action Replay just to test out the Debug Menu's. I went and tested the "Your data is corrupt" event.

Also Sho Minamimoto=Win.