Author Topic: Undefined Fantastic Object - Boss Rush Patch  (Read 52021 times)

Drake

Re: Undefined Fantastic Object - Boss Rush Patch
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2013, 12:10:37 AM »
Can you run it in an elevated command prompt or otherwise run it as admin? It just isn't letting thtk work on the directory above it, probably.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Polttopallo

• /人◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\
« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2013, 01:14:12 AM »
That is what I did.

I have tried almost everything.. I'm running out of ideas what to do.

Drake

« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2013, 03:21:33 AM »
Copy th12.exe and th12.dat into the patch folder, modify the batch file by removing ..\ from the pathnames and try running that. I expect the problem is with accessing the parent directory. Mainly I did this because thtk extracts a bunch of files and makes a big mess that I don't want to put in the UFO folder, even if it gets cleaned up.

Polttopallo

• /人◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\
« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2013, 10:04:32 AM »
all done, but I'm still getting the same error

here's the latest screenshot.

Polttopallo

• /人◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\
« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2013, 11:23:50 PM »
problem solved.

It was my anti-virus program. F-Secure's deep guard was blocking it. I didn't get any warning messages so I had no idea that F-Secure was causing this problem...

So, if there's someone else out there who has the same problem then now you know what to do.  Turn off your anti-virus program.

Marisa Kirisame

• "So what if she's a girl, da ze?"
  • Marisa X Alice for life
« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2013, 04:51:44 PM »
Hey there Drake. It's been a while. I wanted this patch that you made because I could use the practice against some of the tougher UFO spell cards (Vajra of Perfect Buddhism for example). Problem is that it won't patch. when I run the patch, the command prompt window runs though it with an uncountable amount of errors and the only end result is a th12boss.dat being made OUTSIDE the folder. Do you know how to remedy that? Thanks ahead of time.

Flandre.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 08:40:49 PM by Marisa Kirisame »
"Ok I admit it. The endless night, corrupting the moon, hiding the human village and putting those funny little hats on statues; it's all Alice's fault. Now bitch, get out of the way!" -Marisa Kirisame from Touhou 8 Imperishable Night.

Drake

« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2013, 10:36:18 PM »
Sounds like you didn't read the instructions properly and messed up the folder structure. Screenshots?

Marisa Kirisame

« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2013, 10:42:49 PM »
hmm let me go re-read that. I'll post a screnshot if the problem persists.
"Ok I admit it. The endless night, corrupting the moon, hiding the human village and putting those funny little hats on statues; it's all Alice's fault. Now bitch, get out of the way!" -Marisa Kirisame from Touhou 8 Imperishable Night.

Marisa Kirisame

« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2013, 10:51:48 PM »
I keep getting this:

« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 10:53:43 PM by Marisa Kirisame »

Drake

« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2013, 11:21:55 PM »
I meant a screenshot of your folders; I know that the issue was with building the archive.

EDIT: Actually, considering what you said earlier, I'm going to extrapolate and guess that you took everything inside the patch folder and tossed it in the UFO folder instead of leaving everything be. Because then, there would be no th12.dat in the parent folder so nothing would be extracted, and then trying to build the new dat file later would error on every missing file except the replacement files given, and then it would give you a smaller th12boss.dat file in the parent folder of the UFO folder, which you said happened.

Keep everything in the UFO Boss Rush folder. It should look like this, minus the new files already being there and the work folder.
http://nazr.in/3Qa
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 11:36:42 PM by Drake »

Marisa Kirisame

« Reply #70 on: March 09, 2013, 11:36:22 PM »
first off, nice use of words.

second *facepalm* yeah it worked now. thanks. =)

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2013, 04:28:29 AM »
I wonder if Zengeku has been trying this with Ultra... :V
Currently needing to do more Touhou stuff
My Touhou Replays
IN Yukari Spell Practice: 218/222
Chat with me, maybe?: https://discord.gg/0bbmWG5ankaeyTzH

« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2013, 09:36:21 AM »
I wonder if Zengeku has been trying this with Ultra... :V

I've been busy so no. But I'm interested in trying it. Could potentially be fun to try and capture some of these given immediate access to them.

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2013, 04:46:34 PM »
I've been busy so no. But I'm interested in trying it. Could potentially be fun to try and capture some of these given immediate access to them.
Hurry up and do it, man! You know you want to! :getdown:
Currently needing to do more Touhou stuff
My Touhou Replays
IN Yukari Spell Practice: 218/222
Chat with me, maybe?: https://discord.gg/0bbmWG5ankaeyTzH

« Reply #74 on: March 10, 2013, 06:35:33 PM »
On second thought, I'm not really sure I want to. Ultra is still a horribly designed mess, even if I can get an unlimted amount of tries at them and without bombs, i'll be running out of power very fast no doubt making the later patterns within one fight even harder get lucky through.

I'd rather do something constructive with my time rather than trying to luck through some nonsense with literally no effort put into the design.

Marisa Kirisame

« Reply #75 on: March 10, 2013, 06:43:03 PM »
by the way, Thank you for your help Drake. I played it and already did my normal 1cc (perfect Byakuren made me happy) and beat Nue (Though dieing on Nightmare of Heiankyo on second 0.1 made me cry a little)

now if I could fight Kogasa's first card with any consistency using Needles on Hard, I'll have it made. =D

« Reply #76 on: March 13, 2013, 08:08:27 PM »
Normal mode cleared with 157,3mil score with reimuA. I entered final spell with 0 lives and didn't believe in capturing it.

I wonder how fun would stage only mode be?

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #77 on: March 15, 2013, 02:14:36 AM »
Hello Drake, I tried to install the boss patch here but it is crashing, when I open the th12boss.exe the screen becomes black like when you open the unpatchted game but instead of showing the loading screen it goes back to the folder and shows a crash message. I think that my folder configuration is right so here is a pic to check if it is really ok.

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/7081/ufobosspatchcrash.jpg

What should be causing the crash?
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Drake

« Reply #78 on: March 15, 2013, 05:01:51 AM »
You haven't updated UFO to 1.00b, so the version file doesn't get repacked. You could probably get around by modifying the batch to grab 1.00a instead, but why haven't you just updated the game yet?

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #79 on: March 15, 2013, 11:17:15 AM »
Ah yeah that's true, I never got 1 billion of score so I never  thought about patching, now it is working, thank you :)

PS: I think that the patch requirement information isn't included on the README.txt
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Drake

« Reply #80 on: March 15, 2013, 04:55:33 PM »
I'm sorry if I figure it's common sense that people update their game to the latest version released in 2009.

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #81 on: March 15, 2013, 05:45:58 PM »
Never underestimate the users ability to do something wrong :V
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Nindella

• That cat!
  • Nyaaa...
    • Youtube Page!
« Reply #82 on: March 16, 2013, 02:04:03 AM »
Oh, never did post in this thread, huuh

Just gotta say that this is really awesome Drake, and will make getting my head around UFO a ton easier, haha, thanks!  :D

Never underestimate the users ability to do something wrong :V

Wise words  :derp:
Youtube Channel!
Please check it out for Touhou commentaries, LPs, piano transcriptions and more!
My Touhou replays!

Zetzumarshen

« Reply #83 on: April 28, 2013, 11:51:40 AM »
Do you have a patch with midboss Nazrin S1 and midboss Ichirin? Those two bosses are pretty crucial in some way of playing.

Drake

« Reply #84 on: April 29, 2013, 11:19:54 PM »
Throw the attached in the data folder, run as usual.
Ichirin midboss will give you 50 power in case you die supergrazing.

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #85 on: May 14, 2013, 01:21:45 PM »
Thank you! It's been three years since I last played touhou, and this is the first thing that made me want to play it again.

I'm so glad I came here by chance :)
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

Kero-chan

• Highest of Native Gods
  • Spellcardo! ''You are now blinking manually!''
    • Whirled
« Reply #86 on: August 07, 2013, 07:28:49 PM »
Can you please make a version not hard-core like? Not everyone wants to play like that. Plus, my skill level isn't that great and my keyboard randomly makes Reimu stop moving when I go down sometimes so I have to rely on bombs/continues in those situations, but since you took both of those away I sadly can't enjoy this.  :ohdear:
I wonder if Sanae has my Ohagi ready...

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!
« Reply #87 on: August 07, 2013, 08:07:59 PM »
I can't come up with a response about the patch being "too hardcore" that doesn't sound elitist (and this is coming from someone who casually plays Normal). However I do know one thing: if your down-key doesn't work 100% of the time, that's not Drakes fault. You need to buy a new (cheap) keyboard instead of Drake needing to recode his entire patch.

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)

« Reply #88 on: August 07, 2013, 08:28:12 PM »
I'd recommend trying to expand your skill level. Shmups also become more fun that way.  ;)

Drake

« Reply #89 on: August 07, 2013, 10:45:54 PM »
Can you please make a version not hard-core like? Not everyone wants to play like that. Plus, my skill level isn't that great and my keyboard randomly makes Reimu stop moving when I go down sometimes so I have to rely on bombs/continues in those situations, but since you took both of those away I sadly can't enjoy this.  :ohdear:
If you just have to rely on bombs and continues because your keyboard is acting up, please get a new keyboard or remap your keys with AutoHotKey or something. Being able to actually play properly should come first and foremost. If you would normally have to use a lot of bombs and rely on continues to clear the game anyways, then disabling these is a good thing. While I intended to make the game harder in some aspects, I tried to balance it so that any level of player would be able to play. "Being comfortable with the regular game" is a suggested requirement because I wanted to make something even experienced (in any difficulty) players could find challenging. If you aren't comfortable with the regular game go play that.

In any case, if you're having difficulty with the boss rush, there is boss practice mode right there.