Author Topic: Looks like the 10th Popularity Poll won't be held this year...  (Read 2395 times)

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
Looks like the 10th Popularity Poll won't be held this year...
« on: February 18, 2013, 03:23:24 AM »
Source
第10回東方シリーズ人気投票 延期のお知らせ

例年、春期に開催しておりました東方シリーズ人気投票ですが
 2012年内に新作ゲームが頒布されなかったこと等を鑑みまして
 次節(2013年)の開催を延期させて頂くことになりました。

楽しみにされていた皆様には申し訳ありませんが
 次回開催が決まり次第お知らせいたしますので、よろしくお願いいたします。
 (2014年春を予定しております)

東方シリーズ人気投票実行委員会

The general gist I'm getting is because nothing new was released in the past year, the mods at THWiki decided not to hold the annual poll this year.  Maybe someone who can read this can shed some more light on this.

Drake

Re: Looks like the 10th Popularity Poll won't be held this year...
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 04:07:59 AM »
Specifically they say it's postponed, not necessarily that they won't have it; if a new date is agreed upon later, they will announce it. Obviously they still have plans for the 2014 poll.

All things considered, it probably will be Spring 2014 as usual, unless ZUN is on the fast track to the new main game release. Chances are, the next demo will see a Reitaisai or C84 release, and the full release soon afterwards. So I wouldn't really expect a poll this year.
Sucks, I would really like to see the poll done this spring; it's been a while after the latest game has been released, so there isn't any new character hype and bias that probably skews the results every year, and things have had time to cool down. The release of SoPM, instead, is only bound to bring up the popularity of older characters again. The reason they're canceling it is the very reason I'd like it done now. But oh well.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 04:13:16 AM by Drake »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 10:03:49 AM »
Heh, I guess they want to have the hype, so that the polling favors newer characters, even if they are unlikely to rank very high.

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 03:34:05 AM »
Lame. I'd be interested in seeing how the TD hype has leveled off, so hope it is held sometime later this year.
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku