Author Topic: Reimu II: Lord of Maidens v1.02  (Read 221679 times)

Hawkpath1337

• Winston Churchill was a Boss.
Re: Reimu II: Lord of Maidens v1.02
« Reply #600 on: July 16, 2014, 05:56:30 PM »
*raises hand* :V
Still waiting for something to be added there since I'm not sure if it was finished. (or if it'll ever be finished) I was expecting Yukari to show herself and was thoroughly disappointed. The older versions of the mod had a surprising mob that I don't think is in the current version. I'm also assuming it was some type of in-joke that I'm not aware of. I would say it almost feels notorious enough that Pesco left it unfinished on purpose just to mess with us, but if I did, then he would come back and say it was never true, but now that I've said it, it became true. But I didn't say that, so that never happened. Yeah.
Confuuusiiiiing.

I can't remember if Letty and Mokou lock eachother out, but it seems likely as I'm pretty sure that's just too much crowd control...
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 06:15:42 PM by Hawkpath1337 »

« Reply #601 on: July 16, 2014, 06:26:34 PM »
Somewhat magickly LoM decided to start working on full screen, now I only get crashes logging on a character maybe 1 in 4 attempts. So that note in the first post that warns about using PlugY and windowed mode is definitely there for a reason.  :V

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
  • LaserMari is not difficult ~☆
« Reply #602 on: July 17, 2014, 02:42:26 AM »
Confuuusiiiiing.
:D
I can't remember if Letty and Mokou lock eachother out, but it seems likely as I'm pretty sure that's just too much crowd control...
Letty Locks out Mokou and Marisa.
*wrong* See post below

Somewhat magickly LoM decided to start working on full screen, now I only get crashes logging on a character maybe 1 in 4 attempts. So that note in the first post that warns about using PlugY and windowed mode is definitely there for a reason.  :V
This is actually funny to me considering I've only ever had visual problems with LoM in fullscreen, never in windowed. Everyone I've played with who had issues with visual glitches had no problems in windowed as well. It's very strange. I'm presuming this has to do with Nvidia and Radeon drivers, and/or unsupported video cards. Diablo 2 is an old game and it uses dated visual software like Direct Draw, Direct 3D, and Glide. It was designed for 95, 98, ME, and NT4 SP5, but the downloadable from the battle.net site requires minimum of 2000 or XP. The two versions of the game, CD and website could possibly have something to do with the problems, as well as using the game with programs such as PlugY and D2SE Mod Manager. Newer OSes could also play a role too. Vista, 7, and 8 aren't supportive of older generation games, and the newer OS you have, the worse it becomes. There's so many variables with this mod and because so few people use it, I'm thinking we may never find out the source of any major unsolvable issues.

Edit'd because wrong.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 08:21:54 AM by Bgrmystr2 »

highzealot

• The Highly Zealous Let's Playing Wolf Lord
  • Suika and Russ: Ultimate Drinking Buddies
« Reply #603 on: July 17, 2014, 06:13:22 AM »
Letty Locks out Mokou and Marisa.

Letty locks out Medicine and Mokou. Marisa is locked out by Iku and Mokou.

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
  • LaserMari is not difficult ~☆
« Reply #604 on: July 17, 2014, 08:19:13 AM »
Letty locks out Medicine and Mokou. Marisa is locked out by Iku and Mokou.
What in the.. I went to SS the scroll you start with but you're right. How in the fuck did I miss that?

Moukou locks out Letty and Marisa. I thought it was reversible. Good catch. Fix'd original post.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 08:21:02 AM by Bgrmystr2 »

« Reply #605 on: July 19, 2014, 09:16:19 AM »
Playing a Voile Fairy using Royal Flare in IN was like playing Fallout 3 armed with only a Fat Man: kill everything in one hit but blow it up too close and you're toast. :P Also, I'm not sure if it was Eirin or Kaguya that was spawning infinite amount of rabbits with infinite amount of loot, but the ground couldn't hold any more so I had to run past the boss. I couldn't really think of a way to beat that boss, so I guess well done? :D
Sadly, there's something in (EX-)Keine that causes the game to crash. It happened once on the "Stage 3" fight and again at EX-Keine. Or is one of her attacks eating all history of my presence in that place? :P I don't think I can take a third trip to that place, hopefully there isn't a lot I missed back there. Whose idea was it to fill it with 1 million rabbits anyway...

« Reply #606 on: July 24, 2014, 10:55:44 AM »
I sure would hope it has millions of rabbits~ There is no cow level, but there is rabbit level.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #607 on: July 24, 2014, 11:35:42 AM »
Yeah IN is filled with rabbits that explode in a massive radius when they die which oneshots even my incredibly tanky build.

IN is basically impossible for melee characters.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

« Reply #608 on: July 26, 2014, 05:29:29 PM »
IN is basically impossible for melee characters.

I thought this was the case as well, until my Youmu kensei came across boots that gave 28 points to "Qi of Oni "Deep Fog Labyrinth"". The duration it gives is only one second shorter than the recharge, so you can more or less keep it up all the time. The problem, however, was that any and all poison damage still goes through it, and if your health is 1 any additional (poison) damage will kill you. Which gave me the idea of boosting my poison resistance as high as I could, which ended up being 88%. This actually made the poison nova explosion somewhat bearable, and I was able to face-tank the mobs in IN. :D
Still, no point going deeper in there until the game crashing Keine melee attack is fixed. Well, unless you can make sure she never hits you...

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #609 on: July 26, 2014, 05:57:11 PM »
I thought this was the case as well, until my Youmu kensei came across boots that gave 28 points to "Qi of Oni "Deep Fog Labyrinth"". The duration it gives is only one second shorter than the recharge, so you can more or less keep it up all the time. The problem, however, was that any and all poison damage still goes through it, and if your health is 1 any additional (poison) damage will kill you. Which gave me the idea of boosting my poison resistance as high as I could, which ended up being 88%. This actually made the poison nova explosion somewhat bearable, and I was able to face-tank the mobs in IN. :D
Still, no point going deeper in there until the game crashing Keine melee attack is fixed. Well, unless you can make sure she never hits you...

Yeah when I try to use Qi of Oni it dosen't work.

I think it's because it's incompatible with Wolf Form; you can't cast most spells when you enter it; and I can only assume entering the form disables Qi of Oni; since I just die to random things.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

« Reply #610 on: July 26, 2014, 06:59:41 PM »
The aftercast system in Diablo 2 works across all skills that have it. Since Qi of Oni has a cooldown/aftercast of 30 seconds, you can't cast any skills that have aftercast for 30 seconds, even if they would only have one second of it. That's why Qi of Oni really works well with builds that don't rely on other skills with aftercast.

jester147

• Touhou, Rhythm Game, JRPG fan
« Reply #611 on: January 15, 2015, 05:14:24 PM »
Hi there, gotta say that this is an awesome mod and I'm loving it.

Just asking, why are the "Touhou Games" dungeons absurdly hard? Even at /players 1 and Normal difficulty they're still tough even after finishing Act V.

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
« Reply #612 on: January 16, 2015, 04:24:59 AM »
They are designed to be beaten after you've gotten some upgraded equipment and higher level.
Depending on your class you can go at the normal variants between around end Act IV or Act V.
Bow Miko for example can seriously cheese a lot of stuff once you get enough mana-drain and a reliable slow which makes those dungeons only a matter of patience
while melee classes have to invest in health and stuff to stay alive, you know what I mean.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #613 on: January 16, 2015, 09:40:32 AM »
Well, melee classes for me chain so many on-hits that it lags and crashes the game in those dungeons because the on-hits can proc more on-hits in some cases [I think it's the Murasa skill]; and they roll about 37 times thanks to it checking every tick of Rabies Bite.

« Reply #614 on: January 16, 2015, 12:58:39 PM »
Well, melee classes for me chain so many on-hits that it lags and crashes the game in those dungeons because the on-hits can proc more on-hits in some cases [I think it's the Murasa skill]; and they roll about 37 times thanks to it checking every tick of Rabies Bite.

That's why I limited all my items on procs that do not proc itself :)
Chen has 5 chances to proc spells, per hit, that is enough to crash the maximum of elements on the screen :D

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
« Reply #615 on: January 16, 2015, 03:05:09 PM »
Yeah, I have a couple of items that make a set with which I shoot a volley of arrows somewhere, the game freezes and once it unfreezes either the enemies are dead or I am. :V
It was really effective for a while but since I didn't get stuff that procs higher ranks the damage kinda stagnated and now it's just a gimmick.

But Human Miko with an Eirin-Remilia build and a Pain Flow proc on enough Misfortune to be able to physically attack Yuyuko on Phantasm honestly is kinda broken and I haven't played anything else so maybe my point of view is kinda skewed. :V

jester147

« Reply #616 on: January 16, 2015, 05:26:40 PM »
Too bad that I already jumped to Lunatic, since the dungeons are very hard. EoSD is doable though. My character is Yuyuko-Alice Kasha Warlock.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #617 on: January 17, 2015, 11:10:24 AM »
Too bad that I already jumped to Lunatic, since the dungeons are very hard. EoSD is doable though. My character is Yuyuko-Alice Kasha Warlock.

You only get the loot on Lunatic anyway. [And they're pretty hard even on normal]

« Reply #618 on: October 02, 2015, 08:19:48 PM »
This is not the only mod for Diablo 2 any longer...
In the far Orient there's a mod called "Touhou Diablo"
But it's only avaliable in Chinese :o

But I planned to introduce it in English maybe also in Japanese... as a mod maker's official agency.

It's first release (2015-02-25): http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3602865951
It's update release (2015-06-29): http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3858905128

« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 08:28:15 PM by cai_miao »

« Reply #619 on: October 18, 2015, 04:18:54 PM »
@cai_miao very intesting let me know when you gt the english version done

jester147

« Reply #620 on: October 28, 2016, 11:31:53 AM »
Can I necrobump? This thing needs more love too.

The massacre of Chens

But goddammit why it's so hard, so many magic immunes rendering my Yuyuko impotent, good thing I had an item that gave me other means to do damage. The dolls barely do any damage when they're slowed down like snails. Also telespams.

I did this using /players 1. Don't chew on me for this, I'm so curious about the dungeons.

Already cleared EoSD and PCB, special mention for Sakuya telespamming and slowing everyone down.

« Reply #621 on: May 03, 2017, 02:18:57 PM »
hope i found the right forms. but i ran into a lord of madiens v 1.02 of diablo 2 lod mod.

1,is this just single player or is it multiplayer with tcp/tp or has own server.
I saw that there was a bnet Sever in multiplayer above the tcp/ip. but it unable to connect.

is there a better doc on game. the doc that came with download was more of just a lure about the different classes. and other stuff.
the runes words does not tell u what they do.

2. why i cant learn what skill i want. so i am lvl 3 but there are still some lvl 1 skills i cannot learn. i used that card skill card. it only let me learn 1 out of the 12ish lvl 1 skill i have as a sorc umm Fairy.

how can i reset my skills and stats. i know u can do it once per difficulty thou den quest. but any other way.

3 is there any new map or dungeons within this mod.

Gesh86

• Buddha may forgive you...
  • but Byakuren won't!
« Reply #622 on: May 03, 2017, 06:00:31 PM »

2. why i cant learn what skill i want. so i am lvl 3 but there are still some lvl 1 skills i cannot learn. i used that card skill card. it only let me learn 1 out of the 12ish lvl 1 skill i have as a sorc umm Fairy.

Overall, any character can only grab 3 specializations and get the skills within those. The first one is a mandatory one, mentioned at character creation, e.g. Mystia for the Oni Brawler. You can choose the second specialization from the remaining 5, but what you pick will always have 2 specializations it is incompatible with, locking these out.

For example, Yuugi locks out Sakuya for Oni Brawlers. If you really want one specific girl to be in your build, be sure to pick her as the second specialization. Otherwise she may not be available for the third.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #623 on: May 03, 2017, 08:59:56 PM »
We used to play on our own private b.net server but it has since been taken down, given it's been 3 years or so.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #624 on: May 04, 2017, 01:14:10 AM »
hope i found the right forms. but i ran into a lord of madiens v 1.02 of diablo 2 lod mod.

1,is this just single player or is it multiplayer with tcp/tp or has own server.
I saw that there was a bnet Sever in multiplayer above the tcp/ip. but it unable to connect.

is there a better doc on game. the doc that came with download was more of just a lure about the different classes. and other stuff.
the runes words does not tell u what they do.

how can i reset my skills and stats. i know u can do it once per difficulty thou den quest. but any other way.

3 is there any new map or dungeons within this mod.

1. Generally single player. You should still be able to do direct mutliplayer via tcp/ip as long as both sides have the game set up exactly the same way (same add-ons and settings).

IIRC the documentation was close to 60 pages. Even with trying to keep it as concise as possible, I don't wish it upon anyone wanting to get into a game to study an entire manual. Part of the fun is going in and learning how to play as you go.

2. Already explained but my answer is that it's a design choice that came from the other games and mods I drew ideas from. You will usually only need a few active skills in any particular build. Resets are best done via the system in-game. PlugY can let you reset too but I found it shortchanging on skillpoints so I deactivated that option altogether.

3. I believe almost all the side areas that are not quest related have been redone as new dungeons. Some are detailed in their variety and design, some are admittedly lazily thrown together. The mod is a pretty complete product and I simply no longer have the energy to polish it further.

« Reply #625 on: May 04, 2017, 06:54:54 PM »
Thank you for the info.

sorry but its gonna take me forever what all these new classes and there skill names. So i was looking at a few classes. Sorc "voliry fairty." will be my main. but the assassin might be a close 2nd to play with. i want to focus on using traps but what other skill tree should i follow with using traps as a main set of skills.

I think it was dousing had like the Magic find passive and was thinking about that..

Is there any cube recipes for resetting stats.

jester147

« Reply #626 on: May 05, 2017, 05:10:36 AM »
Is there any cube recipes for resetting stats.

Yes there is one, it results in New Game Token used for resetting stats.

The formula is Life, Graze, Power, and Bomb Item combined IIRC. They are gotten by transmuting five Piece items which is created by transmuting five Fragment items.

« Reply #627 on: May 05, 2017, 09:07:27 PM »
Yes there is one, it results in New Game Token used for resetting stats.

The formula is Life, Graze, Power, and Bomb Item combined IIRC. They are gotten by transmuting five Piece items which is created by transmuting five Fragment items.

are those fragments from bosses or just random drops.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #628 on: May 06, 2017, 12:56:58 AM »
Fragments are random drops from everywhere. Pieces start appearing from Lunatic difficulty or any ilvl50 and up mob.

Didn't reply earlier because I legit forgot what cube recipes exist :V

« Reply #629 on: May 15, 2017, 03:52:49 AM »
So, i was playing a Youmu build, and finally got the runes to make a Youmu runeword. I put the runes in the weapon and it did not make the runeword correctly. Is this intended? Is there anything I can do about this?

« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 03:54:33 AM by Renotaki »