Author Topic: Reimu II: Lord of Maidens v1.02  (Read 220610 times)

Re: Reimu II: Lord of Maidens v1.02
« Reply #570 on: June 12, 2014, 10:07:09 AM »
Because why not  :D

« Reply #571 on: June 13, 2014, 05:17:10 AM »
So far, after playing with many different builds, I decided to go with Flandre primary build- surely this will change as I run into more powerful fire resistant enemies, but putting the full load of my points into QED and Flandre's base stat has let me wreck most things I run into with few hits... I'm only halfway through lunatic right now, however. I'm sure once enemies catch up to the skill level I maxed out early on (say, Phantasm and all that jazz) I won't have it so easy... a fully leveled QED with 21 points in Flandre's synergy stat was able to virtually three shot Marisa at the the end of Normal difficulty- and one Shot Act One Flandre with maxed Chaos and a good amount of socketed gear with blessed apples of Chaos-ness hehe I guess time will tell if the majority of my damage coming from fire alone with only a few elemental procs on my armor and attack boost from Flandre's base stat will be enough compensation to take down bigger fish...                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
I haven't tried too many of the special stages on the second level of dungeons yet, although I did have some horrifying experiences as a level 10 going up to the second level of the Underground tunnel to get horribly massacred by super Cirno and her army of ice creatures. once I was an adequate enough level I did try both Unidentified Fantastic Object and EOSD dungeons on normal difficulty- after clearing EOSD three times, I don't have anything special to show for it. Fantastic object on the other hand... of course had plenty of enemies who make it rain in loot and it is a massive dungeon. When I did sit down to truly clear the place and pick up virtually everything but magic items, it took hours. I understand it may serve as a loot level, but it was downright tiring to try to pick it all up~ x.x maxed out my gold real fast, luckily gold has a stronger purpose in this mod as opposed to vanilla so I'll definitely have a purpose for it ^^

Terrabreak

• The worst thing that can happen is we all die~
  • The power of science!
« Reply #572 on: June 14, 2014, 08:59:39 AM »
Stuff

And then you run into something fire inmune and are forced to run :V
Isnt gold yen in the lategame only there to revive the suicidal mercs? That or maybe to stack it with Tewi last skill

Right now Im just trying my luck with the endless rings/amulets in UFO
Found 2 rings which gave me lvl 51 for Mystia aoe stun (10 secs)~
Never forget.... those good old times~

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
« Reply #573 on: June 14, 2014, 09:57:01 AM »
It's easy enough to reduce enemy resists. You just need to find something that procs the appropriate curse and then stack misfortune.

When you can run around with a Miko that is able to deal physical damage to Yuyuko then a fire-only Flan should work too. :V
Unless the curse against magic resists works vastly different.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #574 on: June 14, 2014, 12:13:24 PM »
You need a lot to be able to break resists. If a mob has 120% resist, you need 101% reduction to bring it down to 99%. I feel it should be fair to give Hina a buff so that she can break resists more easily.

Terrabreak

• The power of science!
« Reply #575 on: June 14, 2014, 10:04:24 PM »
Now that the procs on procs have been nerfed, I found the perfect way to lag my game into a crash

Be a Miko
Get remilia's set gloves (Chance to spam a fairy maid after killing an unit)
Go fight Yukari
Have an age of empires combat

« Reply #576 on: June 15, 2014, 04:45:34 AM »
My plan B if all fire Flandre doesn't work is to get points in Tenshi's shockwave skill as a secondary, as I recall it is the only skill Tenshi has that is not also fire based :V and an age of empires esque battle sounds like a great idea! If only my computer wouldn't lag out if I tried.

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
« Reply #577 on: June 15, 2014, 08:40:24 AM »
When I went to Yukari I summoned so much by killing the stuff Chen summons, who gets summoned by Ran who gets summoned by Yukari, that almost all of it just was no longer displayed. :V

I was basically standing there shooting my spread-shot with the piercing you get from the Remi set. There was too much going on to even properly target Yukari and it took an eternity the first time.
But yes, it was two fronts clashing with each other in RTS style fashion (minus the ability to actively control them) except that I was summoning minions inside the mountain of enemies.

The battle against her is basically just silly (justified, she's Yukari after all. And it's fun when it doesn't take forever to shoot her down because she decided to hang around way back)
and I don't know how other classes are able to even approach her.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #578 on: June 15, 2014, 09:02:24 AM »
When I went to Yukari I summoned so much by killing the stuff Chen summons, who gets summoned by Ran who gets summoned by Yukari, that almost all of it just was no longer displayed. :V

I was basically standing there shooting my spread-shot with the piercing you get from the Remi set. There was too much going on to even properly target Yukari and it took an eternity the first time.
But yes, it was two fronts clashing with each other in RTS style fashion (minus the ability to actively control them) except that I was summoning minions inside the mountain of enemies.

The battle against her is basically just silly (justified, she's Yukari after all. And it's fun when it doesn't take forever to shoot her down because she decided to hang around way back)
and I don't know how other classes are able to even approach her.

Wait fighting Yukari dosen't outright kill your Diablo 2?

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
« Reply #579 on: June 15, 2014, 11:03:30 AM »
Fighting Yukari is like staring at an empty room for a minute and then suddenly there are a lot of corpses and loot.
Most of the time.
When I'm fast enough and get to her with a lot of minions already I can single her out and shoot her down with minor frame-drops.

« Reply #580 on: June 16, 2014, 10:33:40 PM »
The fact that Yukari has adds is great... because a maxed out forbidden fruit on Flandre (super corpse explosion) with a solid amount of chaos attached can be 1000% + of the corpses hp to everything within 10 yards... which makes more corpses to blow up. I hope alot of Chens show up :P pretty likely I won't be able to take the lag though

Terrabreak

• The power of science!
« Reply #581 on: June 17, 2014, 10:24:37 PM »
I havent tried Kensei flandre since the first time I played LoM
But Kensei Momoji is just foolish, rabid bite does so much damage I have to raise the /players level so the mobs dont die before spreading the poison :I

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #582 on: June 18, 2014, 12:53:38 AM »
The game is balanced for /players 8 to begin with afaik. But things die fast in Diablo 2 to anything they're not immune to; that's just how the game is.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #583 on: June 18, 2014, 03:18:50 AM »
Playing on anything less than /p8 makes you a dirty casual :V

« Reply #584 on: June 18, 2014, 05:41:01 AM »
well, I'd like to try multi-player out, but i'ma bit hazy how to go about it. Perhaps there is more than one way to skin this cat? Also, sadly, my computer had a sort of heart attack and long story short I lost my level 96 Flandre. I do intend to re-level a new one, but of course I'd need a bit of time. How would I go about setting up multi-player after I get leveled up enough to not be a burden to the other players? ...Unless this is a command where you raise the power of the mobs to be equivalent to the amount of players you input in single player. If so, I should try it once I get a decent character again lol
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 07:59:40 AM by Renotaki »

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
« Reply #585 on: June 18, 2014, 10:11:41 AM »
/players8 is just a command that turns enemies as strong as if you were playing together with 7 other people. Works for 2, 3, ... as well.
It of course also increases experience gains and iirc drop rates.

It was once said that the mod does not work with Battle-net so for multiplayer the only option is to set up a LAN connection via Hamachi or similar programs. But I also remember reading here that that is a bit unstable.

Hawkpath1337

• Winston Churchill was a Boss.
« Reply #586 on: July 07, 2014, 03:43:45 AM »
Cubing is broken. I haven't even finished the first quest, and I just made a Nekomata Claw with 1-65 Lightning Damage on it.

And +80  Attack Rating.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #587 on: July 07, 2014, 05:31:02 AM »
That's an insignificant amount by the time you get to the next act.

« Reply #588 on: July 07, 2014, 06:23:27 AM »
Just a minor item bug report here for you.
Patchouli's Set Boots and Shield have their item slots reversed.
E.g. I'm wearing the shoes as the shield and the shield as the shoes.

Is Royal Flare supposed to be so absurdly powerful? Once I obtained it in Normal, I one-shot everything except Diablo, and it only took two or three Royal Flares for all the Act Bosses in Lunatic, in Players 8. It's physical and sets off procs like crazy.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #589 on: July 07, 2014, 06:35:22 AM »
Just a minor item bug report here for you.
Patchouli's Set Boots and Shield have their item slots reversed.
E.g. I'm wearing the shoes as the shield and the shield as the shoes.

Is Royal Flare supposed to be so absurdly powerful? Once I obtained it in Normal, I one-shot everything except Diablo, and it only took two or three Royal Flares for all the Act Bosses in Lunatic, in Players 8. It's physical and sets off procs like crazy.

Totes a feature of the set :V. Noted and will see to fixing it.

Royal Flare isn't physical according to the skill coding but it might be the missile that carries physical since i just copied immolation arrow and animation-swapped the arrow into a fireball.

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
  • LaserMari is not difficult ~☆
« Reply #590 on: July 07, 2014, 07:30:51 PM »
It was once said that the mod does not work with Battle-net so for multiplayer the only option is to set up a LAN connection via Hamachi or similar programs. But I also remember reading here that that is a bit unstable.
Technically, LoM does work on Open Battle.net, but it's very unstable, the game host may play fine, but anyone connected will crash very often. It's often enough that you spend more time re-opening the game than actually playing it. Most of the time you're busy logging back into Bnet and/or rebooting the game entirely because the character select crash. (even though the 2nd bug has nothing to do with the first) This is only my experience, though. I wouldn't recommend Bnet, but I would recommend TCP connection using things such as Hamachi or Tunngle. The former being very simple and needing less work than the latter, but the latter is also so much more stable and powerful. I've used both and recommend Tunngle over Hamachi. Keep in mind I've used Hamachi for around a decade, maybe more, and Tunngle for only a few years now. The way I see it, whatever works for your scenario is the best thing to use.

it might be the missile that carries physical since i just copied immolation arrow and animation-swapped the arrow into a fireball.
As far as I know, Immolation Arrow was a physical skill that had fire damage attached to it similar to how Lightning Fury works. It did your weapon damage to what you hit and then the skill's fire damage on top of that. Only the monster you hit with the skill was hit with physical damage, while the fire damage was done in the skill's area of effect. This physical effect causes it to proc effects in LoM, and creates too many effects for the game's render engine to handle, irrelevant how good your computer specs are.

I don't have a problem with obscene amounts of effects, but it seems to me like this skill in general can create a absolutely massive amount of lag and use a lot of the engine's resources. I don't know if you can refine the skill in order to function faster, or just use a different skill in order to make in function differently. Does Royal Flare have to have physical attached to it's skill? If not, you could use Fire Ball's base skill and animate a large area of fire instead of the reverse that you have now. I don't know what exactly you plan to do with it, but I feel there's so much potential with it that doesn't require the skill to be obscenely broken.

Also, I have yet to find Meiling's [Mountain Breaker on Striking] on anything. Ever. I'd like to know if it's actually possible for this skill to spawn [on striking], or if it only spawns [when struck]. I've spend probably hundreds of hours on probably more than half a dozen characters looking for anything that even remotely hints at this skill having an [on striking] possibility.

Hawkpath1337

« Reply #591 on: July 09, 2014, 02:34:07 AM »
That's an insignificant amount by the time you get to the next act.
The claw served me well throughout the whole of Act I. Act II, I haven't even gotten past the first group of enemies. Why? Because FUDGE BURNING ARCHERS, AAAAAAA! Act II was a nightmare in Vanilla LoD, and LoM it's even more of one. I've managed to get through it with a PatchyMokou Voile Fairy in a previous version, but I lost her because previous version. I'm trying to make an IkuMokou fairy now, because I fondly remember the combo I did with Mokou's last two skills. Sure, it resulted in me being in the middle of everything, but at least everything is constantly taking fire damage. Now add Thundercloud Stickleback to it.

Also worth noting I always play on Players8.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 02:39:33 AM by Hawkpath1337 »

« Reply #592 on: July 16, 2014, 09:18:26 AM »
Someone else having problem with the last patch and Plugy? It just crashes everytime I select a character.

Using the latest patch and PlugY, game crashes every time I log a character in. The only way to get in the game is to create a new character, save&exit and the pick the character you want to play. Even with this, it's more or less 50/50 chance to not get the crash. Haven't had a single crash in-game yet though (Deep Freeze proccing like mad forced me to save&exit the game though, the lag!). I'm forced to use windowed mode because on full screen mode all I get starting the game is a tiny black box on the top left corner of the desktop. Could the problem be that I have a wide-screen monitor?
So, anyone have ideas to make switching between chars a bit less of a hassle? :)

Also, went and cleared Danmaku Archers in Phantasm. The place is missing those lovely lightning barrage ghosts, what's a ranged hazard place without them? :P
Was anyone else expecting some epic room of death entering the second level of that map (the Netherlands)?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #593 on: July 16, 2014, 09:28:54 AM »
The mod was designed based on 1.13c and not 1.13d. While the game can still be played, you run the risk of it crashing often.

« Reply #594 on: July 16, 2014, 09:38:33 AM »
I'm pretty sure I'm not using the latest patch, but can't find any info about the version other than the "1.13" at the starting screen.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #595 on: July 16, 2014, 09:41:30 AM »
There should be a patch.txt in your game folder. It will list which version you have.

« Reply #596 on: July 16, 2014, 09:50:21 AM »
Oh there it was! It says I have the version 1.13c, so this shouldn't be the cause of my problems.

Hawkpath1337

« Reply #597 on: July 16, 2014, 10:00:42 AM »
I am finding Letty Marisa combo incredibly effective. Lingering Cold is good for small groups of enemies, and for large groups I'll mash the right mouse button while mashing F1-3(might add F4 with Table Turning), resulting in an RIDICULOUS screen-clearing MESS. Stardust Reverie on F1, Undulation Ray on F2, and Shoot the Moon on F3 is just a total mess. Marisa's increased casting speed from dumping points into her Unique Stat skill causes OUTRAGEOUS speed, and it's just a mess!

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
  • LaserMari is not difficult ~☆
« Reply #598 on: July 16, 2014, 11:18:25 AM »
Even with this, it's more or less 50/50 chance to not get the crash. Haven't had a single crash in-game yet though
The character select crash is something that's been discussed quite a bit before, and I went so far as to get logs of the crash just for it to have no actual source. No file, no line, nothing. Not even windows error log can source it. As far as I know, Pesco doesn't have any idea what causes this bug or why exactly it happens, and honestly neither do I. If you've got any ideas on it, speak your mind, because It's pretty much a dead end so far.

Also, the in-game crashes have stopped for me, but then again I haven't been playing the long hours every single day that I used to. I'm also using D2SE Mod Manager, but haven't experienced a single difference in gameplay from before using it. The char select crash happens just the same, and there's been no crashes mid game, though those are far and few between anyway. Also with the new update Pesco released, it may have been fixed, but that was a long time ago, and I don't have a date stamp on my last in-game crash. It's possible you may have started playing after the in-game crashes were fixed, and/or your computer hardware and software don't have the compatibility problems that others have.

Also, went and cleared Danmaku Archers in Phantasm. The place is missing those lovely lightning barrage ghosts, what's a ranged hazard place without them? :P
Ah, gloams. Thy mortal enemy. I don't think they were ever in Danmaku Archers because their lightning was near impossible to dodge based on how fast the skill moves vs your character on top of your reaction time. They also shot you from off-screen, so that's a thing too. Everything in Danmaku Archers has an attack that takes time to get to it's target. Some slow, some fast, but none are instant. I agree that Gloams would fit perfectly into the ranged category of Archers, but they wouldn't fit the Danmaku title.

Was anyone else expecting some epic room of death entering the second level of that map (the Netherlands)?
*raises hand* :V
Still waiting for something to be added there since I'm not sure if it was finished. (or if it'll ever be finished) I was expecting Yukari to show herself and was thoroughly disappointed. The older versions of the mod had a surprising mob that I don't think is in the current version. I'm also assuming it was some type of in-joke that I'm not aware of. I would say it almost feels notorious enough that Pesco left it unfinished on purpose just to mess with us, but if I did, then he would come back and say it was never true, but now that I've said it, it became true. But I didn't say that, so that never happened. Yeah.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #599 on: July 16, 2014, 11:22:53 AM »
There is no cow level