Author Topic: Reimu II: Lord of Maidens v1.02  (Read 222885 times)

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
Re: Reimu II: Lord of Maidens
« Reply #120 on: March 05, 2013, 07:06:14 AM »
1.13c you noob.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #121 on: March 05, 2013, 07:06:53 AM »
(both gives bonus to intelligence [stat]) but my intelligence skill doesnt seem to increase

Reading is hard :ohdear:

CloverNaght

• Gotta hide in teh box..
  • FOEs r scareh
« Reply #122 on: March 05, 2013, 10:17:41 AM »
argh i mean the skill one (on eirin tab) *goes qq*

edit : nvm it works fine now
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 12:13:15 PM by AkurouNyan~ »
Behold the power of love instagibbing, ze!!~

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
  • LaserMari is not difficult ~☆
« Reply #123 on: March 07, 2013, 09:35:50 AM »
At the failure of my ability to become unbusy this week, I've only ran a few times on Marisa in which case I couldn't replicate the crash, but I think the problem wasn't that I left town, but that I Waypointed out of town to the first WP, which was just outside of town, and wasn't a far run to get there.

Given that I really didn't want to up and start testing stuff as soon as I got on D2, I started to play my Reimu, whom ran into the problem of Suika disappearing when you give her the Golden Bird. At this point I'm like "Uh... What?" And left town to see if she came back. Nope. So I sort of ignored it and left town. Next time I came back, she was there. See attachment.

Also, when you give Shou the Lunar Veil, she walks over to the thing, the orb appears, and then Shou disappears. Come on. Naturally I'm wtfing at this point because I'm low health / mana, and I wasn't healed when the quest was finished. (I'm guessing the game sees it differently from just walking up and talking to them?) Anyway, I went to a few npcs, and came back, and eventually she appeared again and walked back like nothing ever happened. Ok...

Also, Koishi's opening statement has two words together without a space in between, though I don't remember what it was. I mean, it's easy to just go up to her and click 'introduction.'
That and Reimu and Marisa's 'brother' Sanae. Which I believe has already been reported. But was it reported that Minamitsu still says "If the tomb were across the ocean, THEN I'd be the 'guy' to talk to."?

The last thing that got me wtfing was the fact that on my Miko, specifically with enough +%gold find to go from negative 75% to positive 13%, I STILL find stacks of zero gold. I don't think this is a necessary screenshot, since I'm betting something is in the background that I don't know about, but if needbe I can definitely do so next time I see it. It's happened twice now.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #124 on: March 07, 2013, 10:32:13 AM »
When you give Suika the Golden Bird, she has to disappear for a bit to make the potion you know. Yep totally intended that :V

Poor miko. Please give Reimu more donations :qq:

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #125 on: March 07, 2013, 11:19:17 AM »
Yep totally intended that :V
That's actually very cool. I did have to think for a second.. did she actually disappear to make the potion? Seriously? Haha.

Poor miko. Please give Reimu more donations :qq:
I went to fight Sanae.. and she raped me twice over.. oneshot. So I put ALL the points from Mana into Life.. from 350 to over 1080.. and STILL twoshot me. Like.. it even happened within a second. No chance to escape. Good lord.

Idea. Let's go and farm the Fairies outside. Jesus did I jackpot. They dropped a Mikogiri and a Kyan stick. (Both [N]) I had about 70k gold, so I was all.. screw it let's gamble an overall for me. Lo and behold, Miko Miko Suika on my 3rd try. After that? Got an [H] magical Nurse cap with 31 to border stat. Wuut.

Still not good enough to not be oneshot by Sanae.. (Those onbashira goddamn HURT) but going to get to 30 and give the final skill a try. Maybe helpful?

Edit :
Uhm...
Fantasy Seal -Spread- ..Awesome
Danmaku from skill hits minions (though does no damage) and in doing so disappears. IE, It hitting allies as well as enemies. Not so awesome.
I'd rather my attacks.. you know.. not hit my allies and just sort of go through them. More stuff to hit enemies.

Edit 2 :
Erh.. Don't think this is intentional. Layla's Siege on Mayohiga chat not only has what she says twice, but Ran's entire Introduction after it. Wut? (See attachments)

Also, one of Ran's gossip has a square as an apostrophe, as well as dat gr4mm3r. I'll get a screen when I see it again.

Also, I noticed Nitori has a "her's" when it's supposed to be "hers" somewhere in one of her gossips. Also, her Siege on Mayohiga text has a missing space as well (More attachment)

Edit 3 :
Just crashed mid-game. Was just hanging around town talking to npcs and went to sort items in my chest. Moving around Super Health Potions, and It froze. Got the typical error -00000005 (or whatever number of zeros it was)
http://pastebin.com/qv5ZW95R
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 10:18:04 PM by Bgrmystr2 »

« Reply #126 on: March 08, 2013, 12:24:55 AM »
Yeah, me again, with another question. Out of curiosity, do you have any plan to introduce the ability to recycle Uniques like Median has? I know it would be prone to abuse, but trying to getting the same Unique five times when I haven't even seen a Rare for some other item categories is always hard on collections.

« Reply #127 on: March 08, 2013, 03:03:46 AM »
Any way to respec?  Whether in game or via add-on?  I'd like to try out various builds without having to litter my select screen with a ton of characters.

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #128 on: March 08, 2013, 03:04:42 AM »
It's in the documentation as a 'new game item'. ie one of each bonus items. Life+Graze+Bomb+Power
Sugoiiii~

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #129 on: March 08, 2013, 09:28:49 AM »
Yeah, me again, with another question. Out of curiosity, do you have any plan to introduce the ability to recycle Uniques like Median has? I know it would be prone to abuse, but trying to getting the same Unique five times when I haven't even seen a Rare for some other item categories is always hard on collections.

Nope just sell the spares or melt them down for crafting.

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #130 on: March 10, 2013, 03:07:53 AM »
There's quite a bit more errors in Act 5 than I thought there were. Most of them are squares instead of apostrophes.

Also, got another crash on the Panda armor. Left Act 3, and there were birds and beetles (Act 2 stuff). Insta crash while he was fighting one of the bugs. Don't know if it was a debuff at all, just that he was mid slap.
http://pastebin.com/TLbpQXJb

This crash doesn't look like it gives any more information than what it keeps giving. The only other thing I get is my computer specs, ip, etc. Nothing that should really matter.

Edit :
Now that I think about it, every time the crash happens, it actually reverts back to the last time the game had a hard save (That one, specifically, rolled back to the point to talk with Minamitsu to go to Act 3)

Edit 2 :
Another crash, exact same message and same location. but in Thread 352 instead of Thread 3848. Was fighting uh.. whatever the monster that Ichirin is. (Jungle Hunter?) Rolled back to after I got to Act 3, but before fighting the Dark wanderer's summoned minions.

Edit 3 :
Birds and mosquitoes this time. Same message / line, Thread 1408. I'm now thinking it doesn't have anything to do with the monster that I'm fighting, but what exactly it is, I don't know. I don't know of any bug-catching software to run D2 with to find out where exactly this crash is happening, or I'd be all over it. (I'm also looking at the logs for every crash I get, and it's the same as previous)

Guess I'll just take off the armor from my minion.. Won't do me any good to keep crashing like this.

Edit 4 :
On a more interesting note.. I found Yukari's gloves [N], and they don't have all of the stats that Ace-Royale has on his. I am assuming that the higher tier you have, the more rolls an item can possibly get?
..Or maybe Yukari's just fooling around again. :V
[attach=2]
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 09:01:34 AM by Bgrmystr2 »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #131 on: March 10, 2013, 09:20:03 AM »
bug-catching software

What is this? Playing pokemon with hax?

I don't get how you manage to crash the game so much and with errors that the game tells just about nothing on.

Ace-Royale found some joke item jewels and put them into his pair of gloves. The base mods are the same otherwise.

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #132 on: March 10, 2013, 03:26:49 PM »
What is this? Playing pokemon with hax?
Hahaha. Pesco's got jokes. :V
I meant a debugging software you run in the background, similar to how Minecraft has the debug screen in-game as well as a program that you can run which will automatically create a txt file and then boot Minecraft and actively log basically everything, most importantly stuff out of the ordinary. And actually.. Pokemon 3D does have a debug screen similar to Minecraft's. I don't think there's currently a debug program for it, though.

I don't get how you manage to crash the game so much and with errors that the game tells just about nothing on.
Beats me, dude, I've got no idea. If I knew any other way to get more specific information other than the game logs (like some type of program to actively log errors as they happen), I'd already be trying it.

Ace-Royale found some joke item jewels and put them into his pair of gloves. The base mods are the same otherwise.
OH, those aren't actually on the [P] Gloves? Well damn. Are they only in the game to 'make you ask questions'? I'm just wondering if like.. they exist specifically for that purpose or if there's something more to it. (You know.. other than cubing sockets into stuff & making amusing yet useless pre/suffixes)

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #133 on: March 10, 2013, 06:41:36 PM »
Huh, that's weird. None of the Hard tier items I've gotten so far have the +stat automagic on them. Is this happening to anyone else?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #134 on: March 10, 2013, 07:01:21 PM »
I gambled one and looks like [H] tier stuff aren't spawning with the +stat. I don't see any reason why they shouldn't.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #135 on: March 10, 2013, 07:05:26 PM »
Another bug I've noticed is that potions don't seem to work on mercs.

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #136 on: March 10, 2013, 08:14:55 PM »
Higher tier stuff tends to not have its associated stat with it.
Sugoiiii~

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #137 on: March 10, 2013, 09:16:24 PM »
Potions give regen based on Lives. Mercs have no Lives.

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #138 on: March 11, 2013, 01:59:44 AM »
I've used potions countless times to help my mercs regen health, and it does actually seem to have an effect.

Granted I'm using Strong Teas so they're up there in terms of regenerative power, but are you saying that they have absolutely no effect on mercs? I can safely say Rejuvs and the like work no questions asked.

And huh, I never noticed that [H] items don't roll with stats. I have [E] [N] and [L] stuff with stats on it, but no +stats on [H]. Weird. :/

Edit :
Does the Master Spark damage calculation include faster casting speed? Or does that not affect the damage of channeled spells at all? I've actually never known this even for Vanilla D2.

Also, are skills like Open Universe and Orreries Sun supposed to dispell when running out of mana? I assume they should not, but that struck me as weird. I was just fighting a thing with Mana Burn, and every time it damaged me, my mana would drop to 0 and it would dispell both of those skills. What's up with that?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 02:13:47 AM by Bgrmystr2 »

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #139 on: March 11, 2013, 02:25:04 AM »
It probably works if you give them gear with a bonus to Lives.

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #140 on: March 11, 2013, 03:00:55 AM »
He's weilding the Infinity [N] polearm which gives 15 to lives (based on his level atm) and he doesn't gain any hitpoints from that. But I have noticed that when in the middle of huge groups, if I don't give him potions, his life drops like a rock and he dies. If I do, his life actually doesn't move, like it's regenerating at the same speed he's taking damage. I've done this before and after I gave him the Infinity, so I'm not quite sure what to think.

Also, I'm going to go out on a limb here, and be that guy. I think Tenshi is a bit too overpowered in the fact that her volcano attack rapes face. Not that it's a bad attack, mind you. Simply put, I just sat in front of Reimu and tanked her fire nova, fire storm, AND the needle attack. (Which was the most damaging attack, but didn't hit me hard) I can deal with (by avoiding) Tenshi's earthquake-type attacks, the fire attacks, and the stun attack for close range. (Though I imagine that's a complete nightmare for melee classes) What I can't seem to deal with is her volcano attack, which summons under me, hits several times before I can get out of it, and it's ability to make you flinch is unreal. I end up watching my character 'ugh' at least 3 or 4 times before she rolls over and dies.

It's to the point where I've burned all of the full Rejuvs in my belt just getting out of one (because the damage is so severe), just for her to summon another one right after and kill me instantly as I was trying to potion with anything I had left. As far as I know, that's a fire-based attack, so if I can tank Reimu's fire skills, what's up with this? Granted he's designed for a battle of survival (IE: extremely high health pool), When everything in the area feels much weaker, and I can face-tank the area's final boss, I'm thinking there may need to be a bit of a balance check.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 03:03:56 AM by Bgrmystr2 »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #141 on: March 11, 2013, 07:54:48 AM »
I told you back in the dev thread I don't know how to balance :V

Terrabreak

• The worst thing that can happen is we all die~
  • The power of science!
« Reply #142 on: March 11, 2013, 05:20:55 PM »
Yeah I killed Reimu without using a single potion (Poison OP and Reimu doesnt seem to have any kind of CC except her gigantic ying yang orb) but It took me like 2 lives and tons of potions to kill Tenshi.  I dont even want to imagine how can melee characters deal with her.

Btw did tenshi ran away from you when she had like less than 15% hp? because she did in my case, and since I havent cleared the whole area yet so I couldnt catch Tenshi while dealing with all the mobs. When I found her again (after clearing the whole area) she had full hp again... such a pain is the ass :/

Ps: Bosses just keep sticking wonderfull axes and miko weapons up my ass. I have both of my weapons since level 21 and Im 64 :V
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 05:26:21 PM by Terabureika »
Never forget.... those good old times~

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #143 on: March 12, 2013, 05:41:52 AM »
I told you back in the dev thread I don't know how to balance :V

xD ffffff Ok, uhm. To really balance it, you have a few options, one of which I doubt you'll even be able to do.. which is a good thing anyway since that's not really the good one to begin with.

A: Increase the cooldown (or add one) on Tenshi's volcano attack, giving it a dedicated limit to how often she can use it. (cooldowns are against Diablo's gameplay though, and it wouldn't really solve the problem.)
B: Drop the damage on it. I'm not quite sure exactly how the attack works, but when she places it, it's always at your feet which makes you flinch and take damage several times before getting out. If you didn't have the flinch problem, it wouldn't be a big deal to run away from it.
C: Add a delay before the skill starts damaging your character by a second or so. With the delay, you can get away which does, in fact, completely solve the problem.

The damage itself is not a big deal, since I'm ok with Tenshi having a lot of power. She's not one you want to trifle with. But if you did, in fact, drop the damage on it by.. I dunno. I'd have to say 20%. I was going to say no more than 30%, but if you add a delay at the beginning of the skill, that skill wouldn't be NEARLY as dangerous as it currently is, so definitely at maximum a 20% drop.

I can't say this is a 100% guaranteed fix, but at least it's something of an idea. Constructive criticism go?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #144 on: March 12, 2013, 06:32:34 AM »
Adding a delay is the only possible thing to do.

« Reply #145 on: March 12, 2013, 03:51:20 PM »
The stunlocking is because of Tenshi's wave attack causes swirlies over you. Obviously you wouldn't fight Tenshi when swirlied right? You can just increase your hp, max your resistances, and stop the volcano attack from causing you to flinch normally. I think the only thing that really is a problem is the stupidly high HP bar.

Speaking of balance,  I feel the proc-on-getting-hit skills on Meph and Reimu are a bit unfair Pesco. Melee builds are more difficult than a ranged char anyway, and you are punished really hard. (getting swirlied then stunlocked to death every single time you try to attack them. The attacks are physical damage so you can't even reduce the damage) Honestly, I see no way to play around those proc skills aside from human wave tactics with 100 tp scrolls. Could you take another look at those skills and see if they're even necessary, when they feel like it exists only to punish melee chars even harder?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #146 on: March 12, 2013, 03:56:48 PM »
I apologise for being a melee hater :ohdear:

But yes, the general idea if and when I can do an update is to nerf casters and improve melees. Summons are still pretty insane, they'll get a nerf too.

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #147 on: March 12, 2013, 04:19:53 PM »
The stunlocking is because of Tenshi's wave attack causes swirlies over you. Obviously you wouldn't fight Tenshi when swirlied right? You can just increase your hp, max your resistances, and stop the volcano attack from causing you to flinch normally. I think the only thing that really is a problem is the stupidly high HP bar.

I didn't mean Tenshi's wave attack, which I know stuns and does cause your character to do the stunned animation. I also know it would have a horrible tendency to stunlock anyone of a melee class, but since LaserMari is not difficult, I only got hit with the sun twice or so before getting my life nuked by volcano. (IE: ranged class is ranged) I can see getting faster hit reaction as a legitimate way to get out of the volcano's attack, but I believe that in itself even with the low amount (if any) that I had on Marisa (which was just normal play for me), it didn't play nice.

I simply meant when you get hit by volcano, it hits your character, it does the hit animation, and you don't get a chance to move a couple of pixels on the screen before you end up getting hit again, and this repeats itself. It's a completely different situation which can be solved by items (unlike stunlock), but neither one gives you a chance to get away. If you weren't referring to me when you were talking about stunlock, then no problem, but it feels like you were so.. :ohdear: beh I don't know where I'm going with this.

« Reply #148 on: March 12, 2013, 04:52:31 PM »
A couple comments (mainly related to Flan bc only hero I finished all 3 difficulties with, but melee in general)

I think two-handed swords need to be totally rebalanced.  Comparing a [P] Star Chaser and the set weapon Laevaeteinn (I have the full set bonus), I sacrifice 75% block chance (from Kourindou's shield), additional armour, and 7 sockets (3 from Star Chaser, 4 from shield), to I end up with only 2000 additional damage. Then I realized the 7 sockets make the difference in damage to be only around 500 or so bc additional stats. Not to mention two-handed swords have a way slower frame rate (I think about half as fast?) as one-handed swords. Since one-handers swing about 50% faster, I actually do more damage with a one-handed sword AS WELL as having extra survivability. I feel two-handers need to be far stronger in exchange for the lack of sockets (you made socketing far more important) and extra block chance. Maybe change two-handed weapons animations into one-handers to deal with the frames per attack gap?

As for Flandre's set specifically, Holy Fire aura and % to cast Enchant are some questionable bonuses. I can understand Enchant for Youmu builds wanting enchant or something, although Flandre builds don't need it (I think level 20 enchant overwrites my level 25 enchant buff, which makes it terrible actually) but Holy Fire cant even kill enemies on normal difficulty lol.

Also, melees require lifesteal to survive. With lifesteal being 33% effective in Hell mode, (I'll admit lifesteal is REALLY GOOD on lower difficulties) and enemies having a much lower drain effectiveness (lowering % life stolen even further),  perhaps you would consider +x life on hit modifiers, or  giving absurd amounts of lifesteal at higher levels.

Because of the lifesteal issue, Flan's Forbidden Games is kind of weak, especially with diminishing returns. It doesn't really accomplish what you were trying to have it do, which I assume is regenerating absurd amounts of life/mana against single targets. I'm better off chugging potions. And her Forbidden Fruit feels really... lackluster as a final skill. 25 points to absorb about 50 hp per fire attack is nice, esp after resistances, but it is conditional and I can't justify putting more than 1 point in it.

Pesco, some of your curses are really really annoying to fight against. As a melee, getting cursed for like -60% aspd means you stand there for a good 5-6 seconds in a mob of enemies. It also trolls hit-recovery frames too, so you can only sit there permastunned, spamming pots and hope you survive until the curse wears off. It literally is a 5-10 second permastun for killing an enemy.

Generally, melees sacrifice way too much defense for not enough power in return compared to ranged, (Amra actually did more damage than me from Normal all the way to Hell, he only gave up bc poison immunities while I had 5 different elemental attacks) I'll post when I think of more.

« Reply #149 on: March 12, 2013, 04:57:05 PM »
I didn't mean Tenshi's wave attack, which I know stuns and does cause your character to do the stunned animation. I also know it would have a horrible tendency to stunlock anyone of a melee class, but since LaserMari is not difficult, I only got hit with the sun twice or so before getting my life nuked by volcano. (IE: ranged class is ranged) I can see getting faster hit reaction as a legitimate way to get out of the volcano's attack, but I believe that in itself even with the low amount (if any) that I had on Marisa (which was just normal play for me), it didn't play nice.

I simply meant when you get hit by volcano, it hits your character, it does the hit animation, and you don't get a chance to move a couple of pixels on the screen before you end up getting hit again, and this repeats itself. It's a completely different situation which can be solved by items (unlike stunlock), but neither one gives you a chance to get away. If you weren't referring to me when you were talking about stunlock, then no problem, but it feels like you were so.. :ohdear: beh I don't know where I'm going with this.

What I meant was the swirlies you get from getting hit by Tenshi's wave means ANY amount of damage you take while swirlied causes you to go into hit recovery mode. You also go into hit recovery if you take more than 1/12th of your maximum hp in one instance of damage. Which is why I feel there's nothing wrong with the damage, since from what you have said before, it sounds like you didn't really focus on getting any health at all, so you would go into hit recovery regardless of whatever attack it is, being Tenshi's volcano or whatever else.