Author Topic: ZUN and Touhou status update  (Read 413109 times)

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
Re: ZUN and Touhou status update: Hey TGS, there are indie games other than Touhou
« Reply #480 on: September 07, 2013, 04:43:41 PM »
So THAT's why I keep seeing so much Kantai Collection images and such recently. Well that explains that then :V

Soul Devour

• A Casual Touhou Fan
  • Drifting along, one day at a time
Re: ZUN and Touhou status update: Hey TGS, there are indie games other than Touhou
« Reply #481 on: September 07, 2013, 06:41:37 PM »
Makes me wonder if a game like that has a ton of staying power. It almost sounds like the carrot on the stick only goes so far or is too easy to get...and for those kinds of games (and MMORPGs too) you need to be constantly baiting people with new stuff to do. Well...maybe I'm wrong.

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #482 on: September 07, 2013, 07:09:42 PM »
Makes me wonder if a game like that has a ton of staying power. It almost sounds like the carrot on the stick only goes so far or is too easy to get...and for those kinds of games (and MMORPGs too) you need to be constantly baiting people with new stuff to do. Well...maybe I'm wrong.
It does have the potential to have the same staying power as the Love Live game (rhythm game that revolves around collecting characters, especially the main cast of 9, who have the highest stats).

The Love Live app gives players lots of incentive to keep playing (daily rewards, daily special songs, biweekly EX charts, monthly event songs, miscellaneous event bonuses) and paying (main cast lottery in a bid for Super/Ultra Rare main cast cards, merch bundles, various in-game rewards being spaced out very well). I know nothing of KanColle's business model, but if it can or does parallel Love Live's, it's bound to be around for a loooong time.

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Drake

« Reply #483 on: September 08, 2013, 06:12:33 AM »
ZUN: I was thinking "I wonder what I'll be doing seven years from now?", so I tried to recall what I was doing seven years ago. Oh yeah, it was around Mountain of Faith.... wait nothing's changed at all lol

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
« Reply #484 on: September 08, 2013, 08:44:27 AM »
The context for that is Tokyo being chosen as host of 2020 Olympics.
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

cuc

Re: ZUN and Touhou status update: gonna depart for Atlanta from Tokyo Game Show
« Reply #485 on: September 17, 2013, 08:46:13 AM »
While waiting for AWA next week, don't forget that Tokyo Game Show will take place this week.

During the public opening days (Sep 21 and 22) of Tokyo Game Show, ZUN will be present at Indie Game Festa, in his own booth called "ZUN's Room". He will be accompanied by Kimura Yoshiro and Ohmae Hiroki. Ohmae Hiroki previously worked at From Software, and is now the director of Unity Technologies Japan (as in Unity 3D, the game engine). Apparently he's also the second son of Ohmae Kenichi, an influential economic strategist?

However, on public days, Tokyo Game Show is an event for the whole family, and alcohol is not allowed, so they can only drink healthy drinks!

Whatever talk they are going to have will be broadcast live on NicoNico. On the first day, the broadcast will start on JST 10:30 AM, Sep 21, and last for 6 hours and a half.
http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv152392502

There'll also be a broadcast on Sep 22. According to this month's Nikenme Radio (Sep 13), after this session, ZUN will go to the airport and leave for Atlanta directly from Tokyo Game Show.

Other important things from Nikenme Radio:

- Continuing the tradition of doing one long-form interview for each main game since MoF, ZUN's long DDC interview will be printed in next month's Febri magazine.

- At first ZUN wanted to refuse the offer to design the AWA T-shirt, but the other party didn't understand what he was saying. He tried to speak English, then found it too much trouble...
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 10:34:42 AM by cuc »

Quwanti

• Pixel stuff
« Reply #486 on: September 17, 2013, 10:44:16 AM »
- At first ZUN wanted to refuse the offer to design the AWA T-shirt, but the other party didn't understand what he was saying. He tried to speak English, then found it too much trouble...
That's hilarious!

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Re: ZUN and Touhou status update: this stop: Tokyo Game Show; next stop: Atlanta
« Reply #487 on: September 17, 2013, 11:28:43 AM »
"No what I mean is I don't want to- ah forget it. Fine, let me get my pen ..."

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
Re: ZUN and Touhou status update: this stop: Tokyo Game Show; next stop: Atlanta
« Reply #488 on: September 17, 2013, 11:43:05 AM »
Welcome to international fame.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #489 on: September 17, 2013, 02:18:34 PM »
ENGLISH ZUNsan, DO YOU SP-  Never mind. AWA is going to be a blast I hope. I am jealous at all the people being there.

« Reply #490 on: September 17, 2013, 03:50:17 PM »
For some reasoning I'm imaging ZUN saying "Iyaa" and the person hearing "Yeah".

K+ ~ Bake-Danuki

« Reply #491 on: September 17, 2013, 11:02:31 PM »
I may be going since I live in Atlanta!!!   :)

Do we know what day he'll be there?  (I can only afford one day  :( )

BL2W

• ~ SHINING FINGER ~
  • I take many forms, and this won't be my last.
« Reply #492 on: September 17, 2013, 11:19:31 PM »
Do we know what day he'll be there?  (I can only afford one day  :( )

His main panel is on Friday, but all of the primary Touhou stuff (including possibly the only panel where you'll actually get to interact with him as an audience member) will be on Saturday, so I'd suggest Saturday~

Now, you can follow my art studio, KyokoPro Studios, on deviantART, Facebook, and YouTube~!

K+ ~ Bake-Danuki

« Reply #493 on: September 18, 2013, 02:04:58 AM »
Koolio!  Thank you!  (that's the day before I leave for Ohio so good planning!)

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
« Reply #494 on: September 18, 2013, 04:47:59 PM »
How much does it cost to go? I doubt I will be able to, I'm just wondering.

BL2W

• ~ SHINING FINGER ~
  • I take many forms, and this won't be my last.
« Reply #495 on: September 18, 2013, 06:47:13 PM »
How much does it cost to go?

1 Day:  Friday = $35; Saturday = $40; Sunday = $25

2 Days (Friday/Saturday OR Saturday/Sunday) = $45

3 Days (Friday, Saturday, AND Sunday) = $55 (or $50 if purchased at-door on Thursday)

Now, you can follow my art studio, KyokoPro Studios, on deviantART, Facebook, and YouTube~!

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
« Reply #496 on: September 20, 2013, 03:29:46 AM »
Short interview with Unabara - requesting translation of anything relevant.

N-Forza

« Reply #497 on: September 20, 2013, 08:38:36 AM »
Probably the biggest one: IaMP was based on a combination of Cyberbots and Astra Super Stars.

« Reply #498 on: September 20, 2013, 08:50:52 AM »
Wow, is that so?

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
  • I am still here. Sometimes.
« Reply #499 on: September 20, 2013, 03:30:02 PM »
Looking at the gameplay of Astra Superstar, its gameplay is sort of like HM (as in, 2D fighting game on air). Makes me wonder if they intended IaMP to be like that but didn't have the capability to make it.

Letty Whiterock

« Reply #500 on: September 20, 2013, 06:59:45 PM »
ZUN was asked every day for a month until he caved.

N-Forza

« Reply #501 on: September 21, 2013, 12:08:01 AM »
Well that's kind of unfortunate if true.

cuc

Re: ZUN and Touhou status update: HM patch 1.30
« Reply #502 on: September 25, 2013, 02:54:55 PM »
Unabara has tweeted and blogged, there will be a patch Ver. 1.30 for HM.

Most importantly, the image on the blog shows a Mamizou vs. Hijiri match, where Mamizou transforms into Hijiri.

Unabara says they will reveal Mamizou's character profile. This suggests Mamizou's transformation is her real special ability.

By the way, ZUN's probably flying over Canada at the moment of this post.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 04:09:59 PM by cuc »

That's nice.  A summoner character isn't exactly what most people have in mind for a playable tanuki, I imagine.

I doubt they'd change her entire moveset at this point. Seems more likely to just be a move or two that changes depending on the opponent.

AJS

• Danmakufu Scripter
Re: ZUN and Touhou status update: HM patch 1.30
« Reply #505 on: September 25, 2013, 10:12:03 PM »
Most importantly, the image on the blog shows a Mamizou vs. Hijiri match, where Mamizou transforms into Hijiri.

Unabara says they will reveal Mamizou's character profile. This suggests Mamizou's transformation is her real special ability.
By the way, ZUN's probably flying over Canada at the moment of this post.
Yessssssss.  I was hoping she'd have some form of transformation ability ever since I found out she was in the game.  It'll be interesting to see how they'll work it in though...  Perhaps a third spell card?  With Kokoro's card lineup, having a third spell card isn't necessarily out of the question anymore.

By the way, could you post/link to said image?

Hideki

• ~La, la, la~
  • Texas Chensaw Massacre
It could also be that maybe Mami may transform into the leader of the main faith of her current moveset (buddhist = Byakuren, taoist = Miko, shinto = Reimu).  Of course, I'm wildly speculating here.

Badass bookworms

I think that'll get confusing if she doesn't have her tail :S

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
I'm fairly certain it's just a special move where she uses one of their pre-determined attacks. In Byakuren's case, it's the sword.

Though the most interesting would be that whatever direction they have the special mapped, if she uses that same direction she'll use that attack from their deck.