Author Topic: Official Touhou Fighting Games General - The Revival  (Read 109146 times)

highzealot

• The Highly Zealous Let's Playing Wolf Lord
  • Suika and Russ: Ultimate Drinking Buddies
Re: Official Touhou Fighting Games General - The Revival
« Reply #270 on: July 21, 2013, 11:47:20 PM »
Actually, first he was gonna block it, but after he noticed Koishi's slow start up he tried to punish, but to no avail. Either way he would've gotten hit unless he grazed.

Being in a panic doesn't really help my decision making.

I'll probably be uploading a single video of all my matches eventually. Hopefully before the start of August.

an unmatched sock

• Um...what's this?
  • Should I be concerned? I think I should be concern
« Reply #271 on: July 22, 2013, 12:13:22 AM »
   I feel sad that I didn't get to participate. Although, I was out of state, and the laptop I brought could barely run HM's menu. Soku ran fine though, but I got rusty in my time of not playing it. So, unfortunately, I didn't get to try another tournament. Oh well, maybe next time.

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #272 on: July 22, 2013, 03:18:08 AM »
I haven't even been able to play netplay for HM at all yet, so you've been better off. :V
Also, I know it was suggested earlier and then kind of ignored, so I'm going to bring it back up: I would totally be interested in a THDS thing. Although we would probably want to talk about that in a new thread rather than clutter this thread with it. ^^;
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

« Reply #273 on: July 22, 2013, 11:54:12 AM »
I'm just connect to irc.ppirc.net, join #sokumaidens channel and say: "Anyone up for THDS? >_<" (i'm just little spamer, who loves that game :blush:). There are guys, who play in THDS. Unfortunatly, game veeeeeery laggy with all 4 players, but play in THDS so fun ^___^

New thread will be cool, btw.

PMW

• Touhou is only hard when you try
    • My tumblr
« Reply #274 on: July 23, 2013, 12:23:25 AM »
I'm all up for any kind of THDS thing, it's an extremely fun game that I sure do enjoy a whole lot.

« Reply #275 on: July 23, 2013, 05:01:48 AM »
In the end I didn't get to watch the IaMP matches. I shouldn't have laid on the bed.

Why don't we held another one? :)
They said the new patch fixed the crashing problem so maybe this time we'll have smoother matches and no one would have to miss some of them.
As for the time, I think Saturday is good, unless there's people who can't participate. Maybe this time more people would participate.
How about it?

For THDS, I'll be happy to join! And since it's not just a fighting game, I think it needs a new thread.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 05:48:22 PM by monhan »

Sky

• The most tedious player Jeans has ever fought
  • Mains: Aya & Mamizou; Submains: Okuu & Futo
« Reply #276 on: July 30, 2013, 08:08:14 AM »
Ach, I completely forgot about the HM tournament. Wouldn't have done well anyway with all the changes to Mamizou.

DS is Dai Undousai? That game is incredible and everyone should play it.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #277 on: August 05, 2013, 03:22:56 AM »
For any other Remilia players in Hisoutensoku; I've been experimenting with a funny deck lately using the rocket kick and javelin alts for my skill cards. I feel like the default stuff works better against most characters since normally I use the cradle reversal a lot, but I find this works better when facing, say, Patchy (hi Shimatora!). Generally I don't get much of a chance to anti-air jump-ins with the cradle because whenever that happens there are always a ton of shards and fireballs and whatever other crap is on its way to eat my face, so I'd just get hit out for trying it and have to sit back and eat the pressure instead, whereas rocket kick sort of... deals with the jump ins before they actually get to the jump in stage. :V It's pretty awesome how quick it shoots through everything, and the sharp angle you get off the B version is very nice indeed.

Anyone else have any good or bad experience with these two skill cards? Tentatively I'm also interested in toying with the Stigmanizer 22 alt, but I couldn't get anything good out of that beyond some not-very-good oki and the occasional surprise. Would be really cool to see some viable strategies with it.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 03:27:18 AM by Sapz »
Let's fight.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #278 on: August 20, 2013, 04:07:50 AM »
So I'm gonna bump this because I'm thinking of hosting a Shinkirou tournament on September 2nd (NA Labour Day). How does that sound guys?

It will be the tournament standard, double elimination. Best 2 out of 3.

If you're interested, JOIN HERE. Now with Kokoro available I hope to get even more people to show up :V

LadyScarlet

• Too lazy to make this a gif right now
  • Still scumming for a good pull
« Reply #279 on: August 20, 2013, 04:19:48 AM »
I'll be recovering from post-Kumoricon blues, but I might be able to make it. It depends on whether or not I'm going on the third day, and I don't think I am considering there's not much I want to do that day. On the other hand, my mom's forcing me to go with a friend who may want to go that day.
In other words, it's ambiguous whether or not I'll be able to attend the tournament, though I'd love to.
My Youtube Channel. I mostly upload Hisoutensoku videos.

« Reply #280 on: August 20, 2013, 11:06:20 PM »
So I'm gonna bump this because I'm thinking of hosting a Shinkirou tournament on September 2nd (NA Labour Day). How does that sound guys?

It will be the tournament standard, double elimination. Best 2 out of 3.

If you're interested, JOIN HERE. Now with Kokoro available I hope to get even more people to show up :V
I want to join, but September 2nd is the day I go back to work, meaning I'll only have hideous connection.
How about changing it to the 1st? I think I can manage that since they'll probably cut me some slack since it's only the first day.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #281 on: August 23, 2013, 12:56:54 AM »
I want to join, but September 2nd is the day I go back to work, meaning I'll only have hideous connection.
How about changing it to the 1st? I think I can manage that since they'll probably cut me some slack since it's only the first day.
I can try, but I'll likely have work that day, which is why I prefer the Monday.

Gray21oh

• An excuse for a title
  • This is suppose to be nonsensical except it isn't
« Reply #282 on: August 23, 2013, 11:44:47 AM »
Wait wait wait, since when could I have said I played IaMP and HM also? Well then...
IaMP - Suika and Reimu - Very meh
HM - Reimu and Miko somewhat - Pretty alright
This time I hope to be much more lively! Although I dunno if I could be in that HM tournament since the week it begins is the day I start my preliminaries.

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #283 on: August 24, 2013, 07:53:13 AM »
So, ahh, does the direct connect work well in HM (I remember trying to do it with a buddy in Soku and having horrible lag) or is there a third party software we have to use like Hamachi? Figure I'll get this stuff figured out before the Tourney.
And do we have a set time for the tourney, or do we just figure it out with our opponent on a round to round basis?

Also, I might as well do this...
Soku - Suika, Youmu and Utsuho - Okay, not bad, but not great.
HM - Byakuren and Kokoro - No idea.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 08:21:02 AM by ViciousYukkuri »
I finally got my first Normal 1cc. ReimuA, TD.
I have a noob stream now. Mostly Touhou, fangames, Warframe and League of Legends.
Currently playing: Nothing until ESO is out.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #284 on: August 24, 2013, 03:56:51 PM »
So, ahh, does the direct connect work well in HM (I remember trying to do it with a buddy in Soku and having horrible lag) or is there a third party software we have to use like Hamachi? Figure I'll get this stuff figured out before the Tourney.
And do we have a set time for the tourney, or do we just figure it out with our opponent on a round to round basis?

The best thing to do is to come a bit early to test connections. If we get enough people I'll split it into regions so the connection stability will more likely work with the people you face.

Most of the times I've had that if it works in Hamachi, direct works as well

Gray21oh

• An excuse for a title
  • This is suppose to be nonsensical except it isn't
« Reply #285 on: August 24, 2013, 04:22:06 PM »
Well here's hoping I get good connections. Although that will be extremely hard because well... Australia.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #286 on: August 31, 2013, 02:29:35 AM »
Hey guys, just letting you know, for everyone who signed up in the HM tournament, the date has been moved to Saturday September 7th @ 1pm, to both accompany the EU players with the time change, and everyone else who doesn't have Labour Day

« Reply #287 on: August 31, 2013, 02:41:49 AM »
Hey guys, just letting you know, for everyone who signed up in the HM tournament, the date has been moved to Saturday September 7th @ 1pm, to both accompany the EU players with the time change, and everyone else who doesn't have Labour Day
So that's 6pm at my place? I'll get home from AFA earlier then. Signed up!

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #288 on: September 06, 2013, 06:33:29 PM »
Hey guys, just a heads up but for those participating in the MotK HM tournament, the tournament has been postponed to Sunday September 8th @ 1pm EST. Sorry if this causes any inconveniences for anyone.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #289 on: September 06, 2013, 07:23:03 PM »
Hey guys, just a heads up but for those participating in the MotK HM tournament, the tournament has been postponed to Sunday September 8th @ 1pm EST. Sorry if this causes any inconveniences for anyone.
Oh hey I don't work that day!

TIME TO PRACTICE MY FUTO I FORGOT EVERYTHING AAAAA
(too late for me to try to become good at koishi again)
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #290 on: September 08, 2013, 11:08:14 AM »
Sorry, I'm afraid I can't be there on time. I have something to attend to. I don"t think I"ll be back until 3p.m.
You guys go ahead and start without me, unless you  wanna wait.
I'll be available for post tournament matches though.

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #291 on: September 08, 2013, 03:53:18 PM »
Just a heads up to anyone who has to fight me today: I was unable to forward my ports because my router's a jackass and won't forward them even if they're forwarded, so you'll have to host or we'll have to Himachi.

NA Central, Midwest to be exact, for my region, just to get that out of the way.
I finally got my first Normal 1cc. ReimuA, TD.
I have a noob stream now. Mostly Touhou, fangames, Warframe and League of Legends.
Currently playing: Nothing until ESO is out.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #292 on: September 08, 2013, 04:17:24 PM »
Just a heads up to anyone who has to fight me today: I was unable to forward my ports because my router's a jackass and won't forward them even if they're forwarded, so you'll have to host or we'll have to Himachi.

NA Central, Midwest to be exact, for my region, just to get that out of the way.
Come into the IRC channel (irc.ppirc.net, #sokumaidens) for the tournament.

« Reply #293 on: September 09, 2013, 06:53:32 PM »
Still no congratulations? Come on!

Congratulations to Renee as champion of the MoTK HM tournament just the other day! And thanks for everyone that participated, even after it got delayed*cough**cough*
Ahem.  Thank you, Gpop for hosting the tournament(and congratulations for 3rd place). Hope we'll be able to hold another one like this again and I hope more people will come and join the LAG-fest!
Spoiler:
Unless you fight someone close. I'M JEALOUS!
You can see the results here: http://challonge.com/HMotK

Only got 5th place this time, I still need more practice. Oh well, it was fun.
Renee and Relial, I'll beat you two next time! Just you wait! :D
Also, Gpop, we haven't settled the score yet. Don't let your guard down. ;)

And Shima, I'll try getting used to Soku again or actually try IaMP if you don't want to play HM. I don't think I'll be good enough though.

Anyway, see ya on weekends!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 06:57:55 PM by monhan »

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #294 on: September 12, 2013, 02:04:12 PM »
As an idea, what would people think about a 2on2 tournament? The main inspiration of this comes from watching a lot of Japanese tournament videos, which are largely 2on2 or 3on3, etc. Should I just host another 1on1 tournament? Obviously this relies on at least 16 people participating for there to be 8 teams, but it might be something people would enjoy! Of course, this will be for each game that has enough entrants, so I would host one for IaMP, Soku and HM.

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!
Feel free to message me if you need anything!

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #295 on: September 12, 2013, 04:05:07 PM »
I'd be totally down for this

*inb4 I team up with Renee for double top tier teams :V*

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #296 on: September 12, 2013, 08:21:25 PM »
YES. I would be all over team Soku like nobody's business.
Let's fight.

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #297 on: September 12, 2013, 08:55:29 PM »
I'll expand on my idea a bit more:

There will hopefully be a minimum of 4 teams of 2. 8 teams would be fantastic though. You're allowed to play whatever characters you want, doesn't matter if they're the same or different. You're allowed to pick who you're teammates with. Of course, if you cannot find a teammate, I can have a teammate-less section where you can find someone else to be in your team. Either that or I can randomly assign teams to those left over.

Here's the format idea for the tournament:

Tournament setup as of 15:07 UTC [26/10/2013]

Each player is assigned a letter, either A or B. This will dictate who they face from the other team first. A will always face each other first, same with A. It will be Best of Three for each match and the overall team set. Let me illustrate this:

Player A Team 1 vs Player A Team 2
Player B Team 1 vs Player B Team 2

This will always be how the first two matches happen, as mentioned above. If both of the Team One or Team Two players win, it'll be 2-0. If one player from each team wins, it'll go onto a third and final set with the winners from the first two matches. For instance:

Player A Team 1 vs Player A Team 2 (2-1) <- Here, Team 1 has won.
Player B Team 1 vs Player B Team 2 (0-2) <- Here, Team 2 has one.

Player A Team 1 vs Player B Team 2 <- This will be the deciding match to determine which team wins the Best of 3.

The winning team will then proceed in winners bracket/losers bracket, and the losing team will get knocked down to losers/be knocked out of the tournament.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 03:24:04 PM by Shimatora »

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!
Feel free to message me if you need anything!

« Reply #298 on: September 13, 2013, 12:46:48 AM »
I'd be totally down for this

*inb4 I team up with Renee for double top tier teams :V*
Spoiler:
Oi, that's just cheating!

This would be great! But personally, I think making the teams random would be more fun.
But hey, team names and everything would make it quite exciting too. I'm open, guys!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 12:52:20 AM by monhan »

Lumenebr?

• Taoishi
  • Soku/HM/ULiL
« Reply #299 on: September 13, 2013, 01:36:39 AM »
HM: Marisa/Koishi
Soku: I'm so bad it doesn't even matter

I like the idea and it sounds fun...
Spoiler:
until someone in the team loses and then expectational/obligatory feelings multiply self blame and disappointment.

Hopefully people will be cool and that won't really happen though.

Then of course the chosen v.s. random thing.

Chosen teams could become unfair for obvious reasons, but random teams could also be unfair because the team really only is as good as the worst of the two in some/most cases.
So really it's about which of these two options could be worse. Having both kind of has both the best and the worst of each and it could maybe be settled by vote or blah blah this isn't going anywhere is it?
Just pointing some stuff out, but feel completely free to ignore all of what I said.