Author Topic: Official Touhou Fighting Games General - The Revival  (Read 109126 times)

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
Official Touhou Fighting Games General - The Revival
« on: February 11, 2013, 07:30:48 PM »
Sokumaiden's Fighters of the Kaleidoscope:

Tournament is now FINISHED! Congratulations to Magister for winning!

Stream highlight:

Here you can discuss Hisoutensoku, Immaterial and Missing Power and Hopeless Masquerade! For finding matches, come join us on IRC.

If you're looking for a game, stick around a bit before leaving - a lot of us are in several other channels so aren't always looking at #sokumaidens.

(obligatory) when's IaMP?

Hey everyone! Looks like it's been a while since there's been a Soku thread on here. For matchmaking, please go to the IRC channel above. The reason for not using the thread as a means for matchmaking is because it's much harder to tell if anyone's online or available at the time, so you may just be sitting in the hosting screen for quite a while waiting for someone to see your post who actually wants to play, so if anything, this thread will be used for discussion of combos, blockstrings, and anything game related!

We welcome players of any skill level and players from anywhere in the world, just be aware there may be some lag in some games. If you haven't already, grab Sokuroll which is a caster for the game, it makes playing with those overseas a bit more bearble.

Player List Spreadsheet (IaMP and HM tabs at the bottom)!

To get things started, who do you main and how long have you been playing for?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 05:40:45 PM by Shimatora »

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!
Feel free to message me if you need anything!

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
Re: Touhou 12.3 ~Hisoutensoku~ General - The Revival
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 07:34:09 PM »
Totally up for this, awesome thread idea.

Remilia, and I guess a few months spread out over a few years. :V Gungnirs all day.
Let's fight.

PMW

• Touhou is only hard when you try
    • My tumblr
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 07:59:30 PM »
I like this idea. Count me in.

I main Remilia too, mainly because I suck balls with everyone else. :V

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 08:03:12 PM »
Personally I main Patchy, with a bit of Yuyuko on the side when I can't deal with a certain character / playstyle. I also tend to pick up an extra character every month to mess around with and learn, just so happens this month it's Sakuya. I've been playing for about a year I think!

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!

gof

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 08:29:01 PM »
Hi there. Great idea so count me in. Worst Reisen EU.  :blush:
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 03:42:48 PM by gof »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 08:54:21 PM »
I main Sukia, and I'm completely awful [Which leads me to being unpredictable as if Sukia was actually playing]

But my strange '30 normal ping is 2000+' issue is back.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 09:35:18 PM »
But my strange '30 normal ping is 2000+' issue is back.

What do you mean?

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 10:22:39 PM »
Great idea, you can count me in!

I main Marisa, but often try other characters as well. I've played this game for about 4 months now.
Extra stages cleared : EoSD, PCB, PCB Phantasm, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC

Kosachi

• Te-Te-Te-Te-Tenko
  • Hinanai Tenko~
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 10:26:29 PM »
Awesome idea!
I main Remi as well; and been working on some Tenko. I've been playing for give or take 7 months.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 10:28:15 PM by Kogasa Tatara »
I finally got ahead!

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2013, 11:13:26 PM »
Okay, that's enough to warrant a channel!

irc.ppirc.net #sokumaidens

I'll update the thread OP in a bit.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2013, 11:26:37 PM »
I main Reimu player, with Suika as my secondary.

But I don't play this game much anymore. Only...once or twice every few months if someone bugs me to do so locally, and if I have the time to do so x.x

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2013, 11:30:46 PM »
I main Reimu player, with Suika as my secondary.

But I don't play this game much anymore. Only...once or twice every few months if someone bugs me to do so locally, and if I have the time to do so x.x

Well, you're always welcome to join us if you're up for a few games! Sapz and I are always looking for someone to play.

Ikari

• I'm just so charismatic
  • It's turning into derp
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2013, 11:35:57 PM »
I started to play the game less and less but I might just get back into it!

I pretty much play with a lot of characters, but I'm awful with a few of them and only mediocre with a large handful. I can't really tell with who I'm the best, but I've been particularly maining Sakuya and I used to be a rape machine before my friend and I discovered the joy of spamming the Fx controls to give infinite spellcards.

Have you ever stopped time to stop time during a The World so that you could stop time, only to be countered by a pocket watch to the face? That's what I'm talking about.

Oh and if I ever use Patchouli and manage to activate Philosopher Stone, expect an endless barrage of death.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2013, 11:37:50 PM »
What do you mean?

Sometimes my ping, for no apparent reason, jumps from 30 to 2000+.

I think I fixed it, however :V

Also I should probobly mention there are only 4 characters I even have a clue to play, Sukia, Yukari, Utusho and Tenshi.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 12:15:50 AM by Raikaria »

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2013, 03:25:22 AM »
I main Patchy, with Yukari as my secondary. I'm pretty flexible with characters though, just some I suck more with than others. (freakin Suwako, how does she work)

Only issue I have with netplay in this game is the sheer amount of lag. I just tried that caster with another MotK'er, and it didn't make much difference. Don't know if it was his side or mine but I'm pretty sure it's mine. (no, he isn't overseas)
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2013, 08:44:30 AM »
I main Patchy, with Yukari as my secondary. I'm pretty flexible with characters though, just some I suck more with than others. (freakin Suwako, how does she work)

Only issue I have with netplay in this game is the sheer amount of lag. I just tried that caster with another MotK'er, and it didn't make much difference. Don't know if it was his side or mine but I'm pretty sure it's mine. (no, he isn't overseas)

You're always welcome to give it a try with myself in IRC if you like.

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2013, 12:45:55 PM »
Hey, i'm not a very good player as of yet...
But I main Yukari. Play a bit of Yuyuko and Tenshi on the side.

This sounds like a fun idea!

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2013, 03:47:10 PM »
Remilia's crossups are certainly... a thing. I just keep getting caught by Trickster Devil - I'm either not reacting quick enough or not reacting in the right way. If I reaction block I can punish with Yuyuko, but if I try to do the same with Sakuya, the opponent always has time to block before I can land a hit. Patchouli can get in sometimes, depends how far she's pushed back usually and what move I use to get the punish going. It doesn't graze, but I just can't quite seem to get danmaku out before the attack hits me - so it just comes down to showering the opponent in as much danmaku as possible all of the time.

ciddypoo

• Kappa Class STG Player
  • Santa didn't give me a present.
    • A Certain Judgment-Al Anime Review
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2013, 04:44:50 PM »
I always wanted to get into this game, but with 13.5 looming I dunno. ;( I'll keep an eye on the thread at the least, though =)

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2013, 02:34:26 AM »
Been waiting for something like this, I mainly main Utsuho though I haven't been playing recently though due to no one to play with, but I also play Komachi and Youmu, and sometimes Patchy, with Suika being my Shitzngiggles character and Reimu for 3rd Round Fantasy Heaven shinaniganz, though I'm trying to learn Marisa also.
Livestream Artstreams|Youtube
3DS Friend Code: 0748-2156-8970

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2013, 06:04:40 AM »
I might play some games in the future when I have nothing better to do.  No current mains; my FTG experience has completely rotted away so I guess you can class me as a scrub for now.  Current location is western US.

I was tinkering around with some AI scripts a few weeks back, but the current th123_ai module seems to be quite inconsistent when it comes to timings.  Not sure if it was a faulty download or typo'ed address (or if it was even a fault in the module), but it's rather annoying when they keep dropping combos.

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2013, 09:59:13 PM »
I'm very tempted to learn more characters. There's so many I want to play, but doing one monthly seems like the only way I'm really able to learn characters over a months time at least with how much I play. So, probably after I've learned and played as much of Sakuya that I start to get bored of her, I might move onto Komachi or Aya. At least then, I'll eventually be able to play everyone. \o/

Shin Rokuren

• - 秘剣 -
  • 「ツバメ六連」
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2013, 07:06:46 AM »
If only my net was stable enough and that my country didn't suck when connecting internationally, I'd totally play with you guys. Me and my friend have been trying to connect since 2011 but to no avail... I main Aya and play Iku and Yuyuko as well. I could attempt to connect some time again though.

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2013, 11:06:48 AM »
You could pop on IRC at some point regardless and we'll try it out! Sokuroll might make the lag better too.

Miky200

• Now until The Moment You Die.
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2013, 01:32:40 PM »
I want play with you guys Miky Main players Komachi,Patchouli, Youmu and Marisa. Location Slovakia.

danna45

• Ponytail Fetishist
  • It's only Ice Carz
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2013, 12:59:39 AM »
Eh well I main Meiling, and sub Reisen...

notthatI'manygoodthough.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2013, 01:31:46 AM »
I better post so I can get on that list :V

Raikaria - Level of play: Poor - Plays: Sukia, Yukari, Utusho, Tenshi - UK

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2013, 01:44:06 AM »
Hi there, I am new to this forum. Shimatora introduced me to this forum and thought I'd sign up. I started playing Soku around September 2012 and since I am a fan of fighting games in general, I like it quite much. I do not play shoot-em-up's though, so I will probably only be staying here. Anyways, info:

Alcus - Plays: Suika, Suwako, Komachi, Cirno - NL

Mesarthim

• Oh no, which direction should I move?
  • Clumsy
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2013, 02:49:41 AM »
I haven't actually played against a human player before sadly. I do want to see how real expert players can mop the floor with me.

Mesarthim - Skill: Slghtly above that of a default lunatic AI. Main strictly Suika. I also rarely jump. I am in Hawaii.

Though I may sub Remilia to a degree.

tl;dr:

Mesarthim - Skill: Slightly above Lunatic AI (not that lunatic AI is all that impressive). Plays: Suika (main), Remilia (sub,rare). Most notable for: Not jumping much. Hawaii
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 03:28:08 AM by Mesarthim »

Hard 1cc: 4 (LLS), 6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW)13 (TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)
Lunatic 1cc: 8 (IN), 9 (PoFV), 11 (SA), 12.8 (GFW), 14 (DDC)
Extra Clear: 4 (LLS) ,5 (MS) ,6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW),13(TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2013, 05:04:42 AM »
I saw this topic, and thought it would be really fun, though I feel that I won't be online constantly though...cause I'm a bit of a...hikikomori, IRL and on the internet.

I don't really have a main character, I tend to play them all equally (I press the random button), but I tend to favor Sakuya and avoid using Reimu (or at least avoid using her and the Fantasy Heaven spellcard). Although, when I feel like being a butt, I'd use it. I guess I'm sort of a jack-of-all trades, master of none (especially Alice and Yukari. I find playing them to be complex. Doesn't mean I neglect their characters though) kind of player.

My skill level...could be better. I mean, I can get by the AI...not that it's very intelligent at all. I've played for a little over 4~5ish months :V