Author Topic: Official Touhou Fighting Games General - The Revival  (Read 109500 times)

Re: Official Touhou Fighting Games General - The Revival - 2on2 Sign-Ups Open!
« Reply #330 on: October 07, 2013, 01:35:32 PM »
Woo, Tournaments I can actually make! I'll join with the IaMP and HM crowds, although I doubt anyone here is from Australia...
Hey, I'm from Indonesia! Wanna team-up with me for HM?
I'm planning to team-up with Renee since among the ones I know, he has the best connection with me even though we're not in the same region. But if you don't mind, we can team-up to make it easier for everyone.

EDIT:
No good I guess. SEA and Australia are still in different region.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 05:27:32 PM by monhan »

Gray21oh

• An excuse for a title
  • This is suppose to be nonsensical except it isn't
« Reply #331 on: October 09, 2013, 11:53:08 PM »
Sorry, I tend to take huge breaks from forums. I 'spose we could try and see if our connection is good sometime. I think our connection could still be good, but my own connection can be unstable so I dunno if we could even connect with our IP's. But I dunno if it could just be my native IP cause I rarely ever use Hamachi.

« Reply #332 on: October 11, 2013, 06:22:50 AM »
confirming my participation in IaMP and Soku with Fallensoul (I've talked with him already), the team name will be Suikantsu Suuwankou (unless he has something against it). I don't think that many people on this forum will understand the reference :p

so far my modem's being uncooperative, so I can't port forward stuff. But so far I've been able to netplay PoFV with Hamachi (LogMeIn Hamachi 2.0), if that information is of any help.
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #333 on: October 11, 2013, 10:01:57 AM »
HM 1.30 is out. Enjoy!

Semi-related, I got back to my Remi in Soku and improved my game a little; little things like cancelling j.2a into j.2c on block go a long way for keeping the advantage at hand, it seems. Always up for challenges on #sokumaidens, come fight me if you like. :V I must feed on the tears of those hit by Trickster -> Gungnir!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 10:05:25 AM by Sapz »
Let's fight.

« Reply #334 on: October 12, 2013, 07:00:01 PM »
Sorry, I tend to take huge breaks from forums. I 'spose we could try and see if our connection is good sometime. I think our connection could still be good, but my own connection can be unstable so I dunno if we could even connect with our IP's. But I dunno if it could just be my native IP cause I rarely ever use Hamachi.

I live in Australia as well, want to try out your internet connection with me? I play a bit of HM.

Gray21oh

• An excuse for a title
  • This is suppose to be nonsensical except it isn't
« Reply #335 on: October 19, 2013, 08:25:31 AM »
Okay, I really need to get some of you on Skype. Cause my time spent here is pathetic.

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #336 on: October 20, 2013, 02:50:48 PM »
Just under a week to go until the tournament - there's still time to sign up! If anyone wishes to participate but doesn't have a team member, let me know and I'll either match you with someone from the without a team list randomly or match you with someone on the day. If anyone has any questions, feel free to let me know!

With how the brackets look for HM and IaMP, these two will most likely be cancelled.

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!
Feel free to message me if you need anything!

« Reply #337 on: October 20, 2013, 11:34:48 PM »
No luck finding a teammate  :derp:

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #338 on: October 26, 2013, 01:37:09 AM »
Reminder that the tournament will be happen in under 24 hours! You'll still be able to sign up until 9 and a half hours from when this post is made. If you want to play but don't have a team mate, let me know and I'll try and sort something out.

EDIT: Okay, haven't been at the PC for the last 3 hours, so sign-up time has been extended by that much. Sign-ups open until 1600UTC!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 01:08:09 PM by Shimatora »

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!

Xenomic

• T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • Xenomic's Lair
Re: Official Touhou Fighting Games General - The Revival
« Reply #339 on: November 05, 2013, 11:02:08 PM »
Dunno if this is the place to ask for matches or whatnot, but if anyone is ever interested in playing, I'm up for some matches in Soku here and there. Of course, you'd have to be able to direct host (I cannot since I don't understand port forwarding)~

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #340 on: November 06, 2013, 12:18:08 AM »
Here you can discuss Hisoutensoku, Immaterial and Missing Power and Hopeless Masquerade! For finding matches, come join us on IRC.

If you're looking for a game, stick around a bit before leaving - a lot of us are in several other channels so aren't always looking at #sokumaidens.

:D

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #341 on: November 06, 2013, 12:51:59 AM »
Oh well I'm derp lol. Reading comprehension = 0!

Mesarthim

• Oh no, which direction should I move?
  • Clumsy
« Reply #342 on: November 06, 2013, 02:29:12 AM »
I have been mentally scarred by Xenomic. He's too good compared to me D:

Hard 1cc: 4 (LLS), 6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW)13 (TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)
Lunatic 1cc: 8 (IN), 9 (PoFV), 11 (SA), 12.8 (GFW), 14 (DDC)
Extra Clear: 4 (LLS) ,5 (MS) ,6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW),13(TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #343 on: November 07, 2013, 10:09:42 PM »
Recently picked up Sanae at SupremeBogus' suggestion - awesome fun so far! The ability to change bullet's trajectory is so damn fun - can't get enough of it. Also, every deck I use will run bombs because those are too amazing, even if they do kill me a lot. As far as I can tell, there's an awful lot of gaps in Sanae's attacks and combos, it's really impressive what people can do with her and still put up some sort of a fight!

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #344 on: November 07, 2013, 10:52:23 PM »
Another reason to play Sanae is that it's always hilarious when you blow yourself up. :D
Let's fight.

Mesarthim

• Oh no, which direction should I move?
  • Clumsy
« Reply #345 on: November 07, 2013, 11:45:25 PM »
Recently picked up Sanae at SupremeBogus' suggestion - awesome fun so far! The ability to change bullet's trajectory is so damn fun - can't get enough of it. Also, every deck I use will run bombs because those are too amazing, even if they do kill me a lot. As far as I can tell, there's an awful lot of gaps in Sanae's attacks and combos, it's really impressive what people can do with her and still put up some sort of a fight!

I look forward to more of your suicide bombs. Those are fun to experience.

Hard 1cc: 4 (LLS), 6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW)13 (TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)
Lunatic 1cc: 8 (IN), 9 (PoFV), 11 (SA), 12.8 (GFW), 14 (DDC)
Extra Clear: 4 (LLS) ,5 (MS) ,6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW),13(TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #346 on: November 07, 2013, 11:46:25 PM »
Another reason to play Sanae is that it's always hilarious when you blow yourself up. :D

I look forward to more of your suicide bombs. Those are fun to experience.

:V

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #347 on: November 23, 2013, 02:11:38 AM »
Had a little talk with a few people on IRC and thought it'd be good to have something similar to "Soku Weekends", or whatever it may be. There's a few ideas for this, such as weekly round robins / tournaments, weekly get togethers for friendlies etc. I personally think it'd be nice for the community to have a time where they'll know someone will be online to play against them.

What's everyone's thoughts? Any ideas?

If anyone wants to organise something similar for HM or some other game, I'd be more than happy!

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #348 on: November 23, 2013, 08:50:04 PM »
I've no quarrels about it. Go for it I'd say.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #349 on: November 24, 2013, 01:15:37 AM »
I would love to have one for HM, if we can invite the people in #shinkirou for it.

« Reply #350 on: November 24, 2013, 01:56:31 AM »
That would be great!
It'll make sure that we'll get to play some match whenever I come. I can use that for HM, Soku, or Melty.
What will you do about the time then?

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #351 on: November 24, 2013, 05:43:46 PM »
I would love to have one for HM, if we can invite the people in #shinkirou for it.

If you or someone else from the HM community is willing to organise this then you can use #sokumaidens all you like to host it! Just let me know if I can help with anything.

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #352 on: January 02, 2014, 01:56:05 PM »
Anyone want to play in a small tournament this or next weekend? IaMP, HM, Soku.
Spoiler:
I'll be hosting Melty and any other fighter people want too. Check: this thread for non-Touhou.

Preferred dates? Times? All suggestions welcome.

« Reply #353 on: January 03, 2014, 01:21:01 AM »
I'm in! Next week. 12.3/13.5 masher~
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 02:14:25 AM by Algo »

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #354 on: January 04, 2014, 02:31:25 PM »
You already know but for posterity, in for Soku as always. Looking forward to throwing more bats at people, it's been a while.
Let's fight.

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #355 on: January 04, 2014, 02:47:27 PM »
Any weekend in the next 2 or so months is fine for the tournament. (Got some time off work. o/) Probably wont be in the next two weeks.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #356 on: January 04, 2014, 03:04:10 PM »
You know I'm 100% down for HM :V

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #357 on: January 04, 2014, 03:20:52 PM »
You know I'm 100% down for HM :V

Sweeeet. Reckon anyone from #shinkirou is willing to join if it's not totally dead now?

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #358 on: January 04, 2014, 03:24:36 PM »
Sweeeet. Reckon anyone from #shinkirou is willing to join if it's not totally dead now?
thing is that as much they still play the game, they're not really interested in joining tournaments in general unfortunately.

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #359 on: January 17, 2014, 10:19:13 PM »
Hisoutensoku tournament sign ups are ready!

To be played on the 1st of February at 19:00PM UTC!

Thanks to Gpop for the tournament name!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 10:28:18 PM by Shimatora »