Author Topic: Official Touhou Fighting Games General - The Revival  (Read 109494 times)

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
Re: Touhou 12.3 ~Hisoutensoku~ General - The Revival
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2013, 01:34:01 PM »
Depending on how many more people we get, would anyone like the idea of hosting a monthly tournament of sorts?

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!
Feel free to message me if you need anything!

PMW

• Touhou is only hard when you try
    • My tumblr
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2013, 02:14:03 PM »
I fully agree with this idea. Tournaments are cool.

Kosachi

• Te-Te-Te-Te-Tenko
  • Hinanai Tenko~
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2013, 02:38:27 PM »
Count me in!
I finally got ahead!

Shin Rokuren

• - 秘剣 -
  • 「ツバメ六連」
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2013, 04:28:51 PM »
I'll have my net upgraded in a few days. When it does, I'll attempt to connect. But I'm new to literally all of this though...

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2013, 07:40:09 PM »
I'll have my net upgraded in a few days. When it does, I'll attempt to connect. But I'm new to literally all of this though...

Hey, we're not limiting people by skill or knowledge! I'm hoping to let anyone and everyone join, regardless of level of play / country. :)

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!

Mesarthim

• Oh no, which direction should I move?
  • Clumsy
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2013, 08:27:35 PM »
Well last two times I've joined that channel no one says a word all day. A tournament of sorts doesn't sound like a bad idea but I've never played this game over a network against another person, ever, so I've no practice with any kind of latency involved.

Hard 1cc: 4 (LLS), 6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW)13 (TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)
Lunatic 1cc: 8 (IN), 9 (PoFV), 11 (SA), 12.8 (GFW), 14 (DDC)
Extra Clear: 4 (LLS) ,5 (MS) ,6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW),13(TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2013, 08:31:55 PM »
Well last two times I've joined that channel no one says a word all day. A tournament of sorts doesn't sound like a bad idea but I've never played this game over a network against another person, ever, so I've no practice with any kind of latency involved.

Unfortunately with a channel that small, it's hard to have many people there available all the time. If you keep the channel open while you're online, you're likely to find someone else pop on and ask if anyone wants any games. Usually, for us in the UK (Sapz, Zork787, Hyalus, myself) are usually available in the evening our time, I find. The channel will pick up if more people join and stay in there for longer than 10 minutes to an hour. :)

Everytime I've seen you on has been after you've been and gone, unfortunately. I idle in the channel when I'm away from my computer, so I'm just there all the time anyway. Give me a ping when I'm online by highlighting my name, if I respond quickly it means I'm online - I'll give you a match then. :)

Shin Rokuren

• - 秘剣 -
  • 「ツバメ六連」
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2013, 08:32:58 PM »
Hey, we're not limiting people by skill or knowledge! I'm hoping to let anyone and everyone join, regardless of level of play / country. :)

I was actually talking about the caster since I don't usually do these things...

As for my gameplay, I honestly don't know how I view myself as I haven't fought a single person aside from my friend. But that was almost 2 years ago...

« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2013, 09:58:00 PM »
Usually, for us in the UK (Sapz, Zork787, Hyalus, myself) are usually available in the evening our time, I find.

That shouldn't be too troublesome for the (Western) US, where a few of us are. When it's evening in the UK, it's morning for us. You know, because there's roughly an 8 hour time difference. For example, 6:00 PM there, would be about 10:00 AM here. But then again...you would have to factor in the fact that people have jobs, unless of course, they work night shifts, and even so, they'd still have to be online too... But generally, lot's of us would be free, right? ???

Mesarthim

• Clumsy
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2013, 12:15:53 AM »
Well presently I'm practicing with Reisen and I'm alright, probably will still get owned by the experts of experts. However I discovered one wee little problem: none of us seem to be able to host so far except for Shimatora or Sapz that I've been around to see ._.

Edit: Well after having used a controller in this game for the first time I might actually start maining Reisen with Suika as my alternate.

I think we should also make a list of people who are even able to host, else that severely limits who can play who. And for the sake of an up to date list update me as Reisen instead of Suika. Now that I am accustomed to a controller rather than a keyboard my style of play changed.

Ninjaedit: My first and only netplay victory. One win, a dozen or something losses. And all this time I wasn't even playing the game properly since I can't play fighting games 100% on a keyboard.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 09:43:11 AM by Mesarthim »

Hard 1cc: 4 (LLS), 6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW)13 (TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)
Extra Clear: 4 (LLS) ,5 (MS) ,6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW),13(TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)

Shin Rokuren

• - 秘剣 -
  • 「ツバメ六連」
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2013, 03:19:23 PM »
Alright I guess I can attempt any time now. Do I have to use the same name I use here and at what time is there usually people? I'm really new at this, but not the game...

Mesarthim

• Clumsy
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2013, 07:47:32 PM »
In most cases just join in the channel. It can be quiet at times due to the number of people in total that may not necessarily be looking at the channel or at their pc. I use the same name just for the sake of simplicity but anyone can join in.

I think some of the good times are either noon-ish U.S. or Evening U.K.

RoyKr

• Gay for Wriggle
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2013, 02:35:53 AM »
Why aren't you guys using #Hisouten? :wat:

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2013, 12:59:21 PM »
Why aren't you guys using #Hisouten? :wat:

A few of us do. It's more of a way to play people specifically from MotK, though.

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2013, 02:41:14 PM »
Let's try and get this thread a little more active! I plan to do some tournaments over Easter if people are up for it. I've added a poll, so please answer that even if you can! I'd much rather everyone participating being able to port forward or use Hamachi (port forwarding being the far better option), so be certain you can use either before signing up when I get everything arranged.

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2013, 05:03:14 PM »
You can put me in the list, I guess, I main Remilia and sub Sakuya/Youmu, I've been playing since before Soku's english patch. Though certainly mostly against the AI, which I can compeltely thrash, by the way.

I consider myself average, and still trying to learn, but without many people to play online with, I kinda suffer.

Also, can somebody tell me a Remilia corner blockstring that's not 5AA 6A 5B hj.8 j.2A j.2C 66 j.5AA Repeat? It's fairly predictable and deals minor spirit damage :derp:

If it helps, the Skill cards I use are Trickster Devil (236B/C), Stigmanizer (22B/C), Demon's Dinner Fork (214B/C) and Demon Lord's Cradle (I believe that was the name, it's the Default 263B/C)

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2013, 06:13:26 PM »
I put double elimination because that's generally how Fighting game tournaments work.

Though I dunno if I'll join.

« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2013, 06:16:18 PM »
I vote for a tournament, although it doesn't really matter to me if it's round robin or double elimanation.

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2013, 07:54:25 PM »
Also, can somebody tell me a Remilia corner blockstring that's not 5AA 6A 5B hj.8 j.2A j.2C 66 j.5AA Repeat? It's fairly predictable and deals minor spirit damage :derp:

I've never properly played Remilia, but you can mix in j.2A j.2C 66 j.2C 66 j.2C etc until you guard crush. It's probably best only used if you know you'll guard crush though. It does a fair amount of spirit damage and is hard for the opponent to get out of. It can also be done on it's own without the start of your blockstring, but you could likely mix it into that too.

Kosachi

• Te-Te-Te-Te-Tenko
  • Hinanai Tenko~
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2013, 08:05:38 PM »
I don't know if I'll be able to join over Easter, but I'll definitely do my best to be there!
My personal blockstring is 5AAA 5C HJC9 j.2A j.2C 66 j.2A j.2C 66 j.5AA *land* (repeat)
It has does 2.5-3 orbs of spirit damage per repetition and it has massive opportunities for customization to reduce predictability  :D

I finally got ahead!

Mesarthim

• Clumsy
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2013, 08:13:19 PM »
Yeah I kind of just like, died. Too many games or other interests to stick around getting my ass kicked due to my skill level.

Unless things changed I should still be able to port forward.

Yaffyfan

• Golden Suika for the #1 Suika
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2013, 03:38:30 AM »
I'd love to play with you guys, and a tournament sounds like a great idea. Just one problem though, I'm an idiot, and I don't think I actually found the channel for playing.
Level of play: proud - Plays: Suika,Aya,Meiling,Okuu, Yukari - Canada EC

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2013, 11:51:39 AM »
Right, when would people like the tournament to be? You have until the Friday to let me know when you'd rather the tournament be held! Sorry I didn't try and arrange this sooner, I've had no internet for about 3 days.

Early sign-ups: http://challonge.com/sokumaidens

Shin Rokuren

• - 秘剣 -
  • 「ツバメ六連」
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2013, 05:53:22 PM »
I haven't been using the irc recently since I've been busy and it's kinda hard to catch you guys since my timezone's at GMT+8. I'd love to join, but the problem is idk whether the connection would be smooth or not...

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2013, 11:41:49 PM »
I haven't been using the irc recently since I've been busy and it's kinda hard to catch you guys since my timezone's at GMT+8. I'd love to join, but the problem is idk whether the connection would be smooth or not...

You're welcome to come test stuff out with us, I'll try to be online as much as possible over the next few days.

PMW

• Touhou is only hard when you try
    • My tumblr
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2013, 01:04:43 AM »
Oooh, it'd be cool to participate in a Soku tournament, I haven't been active around IRC mostly because school and getting too addicted other games (especially with TF2 and recently Super Hexagon), but this would be a nice way to get back to regular old Soku.

Also, for me, I think saturday would be a good day for it to be held, though Sunday is fine as long as it's on the morning or early afternoon. Late friday would work fine too.

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2013, 05:22:33 PM »
How does this Friday sound?

Yaffyfan

• Golden Suika for the #1 Suika
« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2013, 04:13:41 AM »
I'd be perfectly ok with friday aslong as it's later in the evening, rather than early on. Otherwise I won't be able to make it.

Kosachi

• Te-Te-Te-Te-Tenko
  • Hinanai Tenko~
« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2013, 09:49:03 AM »
I'll probably have to sit this one out, since most of you guys are on the other side of the pond, you're asleep when im good to play :P
I finally got ahead!

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2013, 07:55:18 PM »
Come on IRC now if you'd like to participate in something tonight. Looks like we wont have enough people for a Double Elimination tournament, but we'll see what we can do.

EDIT: Pushed the tournament back two weeks now. We'll be playing on the 28th of April at 16:00GMT! 20:30GMT! Sign-ups are here: http://challonge.com/sokumaidens
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 12:30:19 PM by Shimatora »