Author Topic: Official Touhou Fighting Games General - The Revival  (Read 109513 times)

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
Re: Official Touhou Fighting Games General - The Revival
« Reply #210 on: June 27, 2013, 05:46:31 AM »
Well it's not exactly a standing B now is it?
Floating B

5B

iK

• Triple Teasing Charicature
« Reply #211 on: June 27, 2013, 07:47:01 AM »
So I've been hearing all this talk about Futo having loops with her tornado followed by X plates and the first part of her Dial-A, but I think I'll be sticking with AAA, Down B, Forward Earth Pillar setups because it seems to do more damage over a shorter combo while using less spell meter. Harder to time, but loops get me into autopilot mode and that's never a good thing when predictability gets you killed in a fighter. Smash has taught me that all to well. Besides, the better damage output and lead into an uncharged Y plate->fireball as well make the loop really unnecessary unless I'd want to set up a bunch of plates in the exact same place for some weird reason. Still trying to figure out when followups are allowed out of a Hermit Plate Item hit, since it seems to work occasionally mid-string mid-screen, which is always nice from a "meterless" chain.

Ohhh, just figured out a cool addition after the earth pillar with her detonation, gotta see what plate levels it works at.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 08:43:35 AM by iK »
[☰] [☴] [☵] [☶] [☷] [☳] [☲] [☱]

Piranha

• Hungry Ghost
« Reply #212 on: June 27, 2013, 08:10:29 AM »
Signed up for Shinkirou, because I haven't played the other games in years.
Normal 1cc: EoSD (All), PCB (All), IN (All teams), PoFV (Reimu), MoF (All), SA (ReimuA/ReimuB)
Extra stages cleared: EoSD (ReimuB), PCB (ReimuB)
StB: Level 6-X left
My Replays

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #213 on: June 27, 2013, 08:50:23 AM »
Signed up for Shinkirou, because I haven't played the other games in years.

We welcome players of all levels into the tournaments, so you can join up to the others if you wish!

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!
Feel free to message me if you need anything!

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #214 on: June 27, 2013, 06:35:01 PM »
Man I want to play some HM right now for some practice, but I can only use Hamachi to netplay but I can't host :(

Blue

• aaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • aaaaaaaaaaaa
« Reply #215 on: June 27, 2013, 08:53:18 PM »
I might not be able to make it to the Soku tourney, since it starts at 11 AM in my timezone(PDT) and I have to go do a thing at 1 PM.

If it's possible, could it start an hour-ish earlier? Thanks.

« Reply #216 on: June 29, 2013, 09:15:34 AM »
Well, I guess I should start by saying I only got into this game because of a friend who absolutely loves it. Unfortunately, day three of playing I beat him.  I mostly want to ask a couple of questions.

But, for the sake of conforming, I main Iku and cannot really play anybody else at all. I would consider myself to be mid-level or lower-mid level with her (how good is she anyways). I am awful against the AI because a huge part of my game is reads since I don't really know the game that well. I think that I have only put about7 hours into the game honestly.

That being said, are there ever tournaments that happen at a venue, or can you only find online ones? This game is fun, but I would love to meet the people that beat me down face-to-face. I don't know, maybe it is just because I am from the Smash Bros. community. I am a Melee player at heart, but my buddy needs people to play. So I am looking for ways to get better, but I can't find any Iku videos. Either way, regional events at a venue would be awesome; where can I find some in the midwest?

Another thing about this game is it is not that technical (from my experience). There is only one kind of cancel (the HJC) and my character can't even do it in many many most cases. In short, this game feels slow (for as fast as it looks), and doesn't really feel that tough, but I can't help but feel that there are intricacies I am missing. So my other question is, where can I find information on tech skill (not game mechanics)?

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #217 on: June 29, 2013, 03:35:19 PM »
Well, I guess I should start by saying I only got into this game because of a friend who absolutely loves it. Unfortunately, day three of playing I beat him.  I mostly want to ask a couple of questions.

But, for the sake of conforming, I main Iku and cannot really play anybody else at all. I would consider myself to be mid-level or lower-mid level with her (how good is she anyways). I am awful against the AI because a huge part of my game is reads since I don't really know the game that well. I think that I have only put about7 hours into the game honestly.

That being said, are there ever tournaments that happen at a venue, or can you only find online ones? This game is fun, but I would love to meet the people that beat me down face-to-face. I don't know, maybe it is just because I am from the Smash Bros. community. I am a Melee player at heart, but my buddy needs people to play. So I am looking for ways to get better, but I can't find any Iku videos. Either way, regional events at a venue would be awesome; where can I find some in the midwest?

Another thing about this game is it is not that technical (from my experience). There is only one kind of cancel (the HJC) and my character can't even do it in many many most cases. In short, this game feels slow (for as fast as it looks), and doesn't really feel that tough, but I can't help but feel that there are intricacies I am missing. So my other question is, where can I find information on tech skill (not game mechanics)?

First off, welcome! Nice to have a new face around.

Iku's considered rather good in the Japanese community, she's A tier according to the most recent match-up chart, which can be found here.

As for offline tournaments, I don't think I've ever heard of any other than ones at conventions. Even online ones usually don't happen too often.

Here is a link to the most in-depth guide to Iku I know of, maybe what you're looking for can be found there? Generally http://hisouten.koumakan.jp/wiki/Main_Page is the most up-to-date and in depth wiki for western players.

For match videos, you could always sift through NicoVideo's uploads. There's an awful lot of ranbats on there, you'd just need to find Iku within those. Alternatively, you could always just go for individual matches and use this search.

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!

« Reply #218 on: June 29, 2013, 05:38:12 PM »
low level player wanna participate in 12.3 & 13.5. Can i join?

« Reply #219 on: June 30, 2013, 11:30:46 AM »
Sorry, I signed up for HM but haven't got the time to post here.

I'm usually available on Saturday and Sunday. On any other day I'm usually out and the connection I have there don't allow for P2P so I can't netplay.
For HM, I main Byakuren and sub is Ichirin. Skill level is so-so, sometimes I screw up and drop the combos and I need some warmup first.
For Soku, I main Okuu and sub is Yukari. Skill level is like HM but slightly worse.
I wanted to sign up for Soku but I'm really rusty now and I don't think I'll have the time to get used to it before the match.
I'm not so good at IaMP so I'll pass.
Do I need to post my skill setup?

So let's see if I get this right, the tournament for HM will be held on Saturday, July 20th at 5pm. Since it's UTC+1 then in my place(UTC+7) it will be at 11pm, almost midnight, right? And since we'll be testing the connection, I'll have to show up around 2 hours prior, right? I guess I can do that.

Also are we required to use Hamachi? I tried using it with someone on nico but I don't really notice any difference with the usual hosting a server.
And is there a time where you guys gather to play? It would be nice if we can have a match or two before the tournament.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 11:46:09 AM by monhan »

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #220 on: June 30, 2013, 01:51:25 PM »
Sorry, I signed up for HM but haven't got the time to post here.

I'm usually available on Saturday and Sunday. On any other day I'm usually out and the connection I have there don't allow for P2P so I can't netplay.
For HM, I main Byakuren and sub is Ichirin. Skill level is so-so, sometimes I screw up and drop the combos and I need some warmup first.
For Soku, I main Okuu and sub is Yukari. Skill level is like HM but slightly worse.
I wanted to sign up for Soku but I'm really rusty now and I don't think I'll have the time to get used to it before the match.
I'm not so good at IaMP so I'll pass.
Do I need to post my skill setup?

So let's see if I get this right, the tournament for HM will be held on Saturday, July 20th at 5pm. Since it's UTC+1 then in my place(UTC+7) it will be at 11pm, almost midnight, right? And since we'll be testing the connection, I'll have to show up around 2 hours prior, right? I guess I can do that.

Also are we required to use Hamachi? I tried using it with someone on nico but I don't really notice any difference with the usual hosting a server.
And is there a time where you guys gather to play? It would be nice if we can have a match or two before the tournament.

Post whatever you feel like sharing - nothing is required.

It's best to show up as early as you can - a lot of people will be happy to play practice matches all the way up until the tournament starting! And yes, 11pm sounds about right for UTC+7.

You only need Hamachi if you're unable to host, just in case you meet someone who's also unable to host.

Just pop on whenever you want a game, and if people are around then perfect! I'm usually available for games throughout the week in the evenings for me, which is UTC+1.

« Reply #221 on: July 01, 2013, 02:14:51 AM »
Attention anyone attending Anime Expo this weekend.  I will have a Hisoutensoku setup on Friday from console game room opening - 1pm and again from 5:15pm to dinner/closing.  If we have enough people playing, we can have a tourney if you all want one.  Otherwise, we'll just play the whole day.

Please join us for some offline play and lag free games.

http://community.anime-expo.org/topic/17211-touhou-setup-console-gaming-room/

« Reply #222 on: July 01, 2013, 11:46:59 PM »
I guess I mostly am wondering how big this community is. I cannot seem to find much in terms of 12.3 players anywhere or their whereabouts in the US. If the scene is as big as even SFxT then it should be easy to get a tournament regionally at least. I like meeting the people I am facing; probably why I am not a huge fan of dueling network (for Yugioh) and MOTO (Magic online). I do want to play people though, so if this is actually impossible, where can I find players to face? I would say I am lower-mid level, but I wouldn't mind getting whipped upon by higher level players if it means getting critiqued. I should really play this game more lol.

« Reply #223 on: July 02, 2013, 10:57:08 AM »
Most of the active 12.3 players are on #hisouten on irc.rizon.net.

There's about 10-20 active players in North America.  Usually they're most active weekdays around 3pm - 9pm PST (I could be off give or take a few hours), but generally, you can get a game within 15 minutes during that window.  I've found weekend activity to be more spread out. 

Careful though, the level of play over there is relatively high, though if you want to push the game to it's limits, that's one of the best places other than Japan's sites.

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #224 on: July 02, 2013, 04:53:36 PM »
Most of the active 12.3 players are on #hisouten on irc.rizon.net.

There's about 10-20 active players in North America.  Usually they're most active weekdays around 3pm - 9pm PST (I could be off give or take a few hours), but generally, you can get a game within 15 minutes during that window.  I've found weekend activity to be more spread out. 

Careful though, the level of play over there is relatively high, though if you want to push the game to it's limits, that's one of the best places other than Japan's sites.

This all the way.

You could also try joining our IRC channel too!

« Reply #225 on: July 06, 2013, 04:42:46 AM »
How do I join the IRC? I am not really looking to push the game to its limits. That is why I play Super Smash Bros. Melee. But I do enjoy a competitive fighting game with similarities to it in terms of skill range (this game seems to have a low tech floor and a high tech ceiling). So far it just seems that I don't really know my character that well, and Iku's movement is a bit slow, and while I feel that my movement is fine (though I could be wrong), I don't really know how to use it to apply pressure or utilize the good projectiles she seems to have.

Once again I would like to join the IRC, but I was actually wondering if there was some sort of Hamachi group just for 12.3 (or at least the collaboration of games you guys talk about in this thread).  What I need most is a bit of critique on a few things, though I seem to improve a lot as I go, I don't really want to practice the wrong things. I will do some research on the game so I can maybe start to push the character and meta of Iku to the limits, but right now I would at least like to make sure I am not a complete scrub.

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #226 on: July 06, 2013, 12:28:39 PM »
You can use http://webchat.ppirc.net/?channels=sokumaidens to join the channel.

Most of the members who frequent can host without Hamachi, so it may not be needed! There isn't an official Hamachi group because of this.

iK

« Reply #227 on: July 13, 2013, 08:56:41 AM »
When are the Shinkirou players in the chat? It seems most members just play Soku and bad mouth 13.5.

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #228 on: July 13, 2013, 09:31:21 AM »
When are the Shinkirou players in the chat? It seems most members just play Soku and bad mouth 13.5.

There are only a couple of players who play a lot of Shinkirou, but asking "when people are in there" when players like yourself hardly ever join means you always miss each other! For quicker games I'd recommend irc.rizon.net #shinkirou.

iK

« Reply #229 on: July 13, 2013, 11:15:30 AM »
When I type in irc.rizon.net into firefox it keeps coming up with a connection error. Is the site down for repairs?

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #230 on: July 13, 2013, 03:11:47 PM »
Less than a week to go until the Soku tournament, exactly one week until Shinkirou and IaMP. Currently at 14 participants for both Soku and Shinkirou, only at 4 for IaMP! Let's see if we can get to 16 for Soku at least?! Anyone's welcome to play so invite anyone even remotely interested!

EDIT: Who'd be up for playing THDS? (Touhou Fangame fighter thing that's like Smash. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL1onJxG32o )
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 04:38:05 PM by Shimatora »

Mordon

• Bunny Lord
« Reply #231 on: July 13, 2013, 05:50:13 PM »
What's the name of that game? I remember someone posting that video a long time ago and then I never heard from the game again. I didn't know it had netplay in it.
It's the kind of game that makes me question: why the hell aren't we playing it right now?

Also, is there a english wiki for that? Seems confusing at first.

Fakinha

• Pressureless player
  • ...and nothing heart.
« Reply #232 on: July 14, 2013, 05:09:15 PM »
So that's the thread for the Sokumaidens second Hisoutensoku champ? Finally found it. I'm in.

« Reply #233 on: July 14, 2013, 05:19:50 PM »
Who'd be up for playing THDS? (Touhou Fangame fighter thing that's like Smash.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL1onJxG32o )

I'm up! I love this game (it's reminds me about Technos games series "Nekketsu"). Where i can find somebody, who will play in that game? : )

http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Touhou_Dai_Undousai
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 05:38:05 PM by Algo »

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #234 on: July 14, 2013, 11:12:35 PM »
I'd be up for it too if I were at home. I could potentially play THDS after that, though! I'd probably have more fun with it, haha. ^^;
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Piranha

• Hungry Ghost
« Reply #235 on: July 17, 2013, 08:20:35 AM »
On Friday I will be available around 5pm, should be enough time to set everything up before the tournament starts.
Normal 1cc: EoSD (All), PCB (All), IN (All teams), PoFV (Reimu), MoF (All), SA (ReimuA/ReimuB)
Extra stages cleared: EoSD (ReimuB), PCB (ReimuB)
StB: Level 6-X left
My Replays

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #236 on: July 17, 2013, 05:27:24 PM »
so if this starts at 7pm in UTC+1, would this be 2pm EST? Just wanna make I'm seeing this correctly with the time converter so I don't miss it

Also, is this all in one day?

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #237 on: July 17, 2013, 06:10:11 PM »
The Hisoutensoku tournament will take place on Friday the 19th of July at 7pm. This will be a double elimination set-up if there are 12 or more people. Any less will be round robin.

The Hopeless Masquerade tournament will take place on Saturday the 20th of July at 5pm, with IaMP following (hopefully) at 8 or 9pm, depending when the games finish. HM will just be Round Robin due to lag issues that we're bound to encounter with cross-country play. It is also A MUST for people to turn up BEFORE the tournament starts to test connections and hosting. There will be people in the channel all day for this. As for IaMP, it will be either DE or RR depending on the turnout, just like Soku.

EST is UTC-5 which means it is 6 hours behind UTC+1 unless you're on Daylight Savings (otherwise known as EDT for you) it's UTC-4, meaning it's 5 hours behind.

EST for Hisoutensoku will be at 1pm, if you're on Daylight Savings it'll be at 2pm.
EST for Hopeless Masquerade is 11am, or 12pm if you're on Daylight Savings.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #238 on: July 17, 2013, 06:20:33 PM »
Oh it's saturday, nvm :V so 12pm it is on Saturday. I'll be there

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #239 on: July 17, 2013, 06:21:51 PM »
Excellent! The whole tournament should be even more hilarious than it was going to be with this update. Also, I'll be dividing NA and EU into their own brackets on the day hopefully, now we have a larger turnout than I expected.